• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Oh man, the pre-order wallet from Grainger Games was worse than I thought and I thought it was pretty terrible when I placed the pre-order.

I'm too embarrassed to take a photo of it.

It looks nothing like the sample pic they showed, except its still blue. And, er, has "Nintendo 3DS" written on it.

eu_wallet.jpg

Well, er, I'm glad I got the game from them anyway!

LMAO I knew that wallet would not look good, was thinking it was along the line of those kids magazine which gives a free gift wallet XD

Oh btw anyone tried out the spotpass bug/streetpass team lol...cause might take me a while XD they're level 20...

Edit: Noticed that the preorder artbook doesn't have the character descriptions like the NA version, added arts of Lissa and Sumia, Nowi and Tiki, Tharja, Gerome, Panne, Say'ri pages and then ends with that Club Nintendo Japan soundtrack.

Tenck

First few pages had no mention of you weirdos trying to claim my waifu Miriel.

char_89079.jpg

Any girl with short hair is automatically waifu material (with some exceptions).

Edit: You heathens better not do anything besides classic mode. It's the right way to play!

char_89079.jpg

Any girl with short hair is automatically waifu material (with some exceptions).

Edit: You heathens better not do anything besides classic mode. It's the right way to play!

Let people play how they want to play.

Kurita

char_89079.jpg

She's Stahl waifu in my game. They're destroying everybody.

Please don't trample on me for this but since 3DS games aren't exactly cheap... say if I enjoyed the Luminous Arc games, Jeanne D'arc on PSP, Advance Wars, Disgaea and Wild Arms Crossfire will I enjoy Fire Emblem Awakening too? I remember playing a Fire Emblem before on my GBA though I'm not sure which one that was and I remember liking it too. Then I faintly remember owning Radiant Dawn on the Wii at one point but that one fell flat for me because I usually only enjoy pure SRPGs on handhelds unless they are called Disgaea...

Roman

I ordered my game just yesterday afternoon and got it today at noon (dat Amazon Prime).

There's no widespread shortages of this in Europe, is there?

Kurita

Please don't trample on me for this but since 3DS games aren't exactly cheap... say if I enjoyed the Luminous Arc games, Jeanne D'arc on PSP, Advance Wars, Disgaea and Wild Arms Crossfire will I enjoy Fire Emblem Awakening too? I remember playing a Fire Emblem before on my GBA though I'm not sure which one that was and I remember liking it too. Then I faintly remember owning Radiant Dawn on the Wii at one point but that one fell flat for me because I usually only enjoy pure SRPGs on handhelds unless they are called Disgaea...

You will.
You can download the demo to see if you like it.

Roman

I see no reason for you to dislike it. Not liking Radiant Dawn is an outlier but its enjoyment is hampered if you hadn't played Path of Radiance beforehand.

Either way, I second the notion that you should try the demo and go from there.

Shahadan

You will, especially this one I think considering the games you mentionned.

You will.
You can download the demo to see if you like it.

Whoa alright there is a demo? o.o I usually forget to check the eShop for this kind of thing, well then off I go to download it, thanks! :D

I see no reason for you to dislike it. Not liking Radiant Dawn is an outlier but its enjoyment is hampered if you hadn't played Path of Radiance beforehand.

Either way, I second the notion that you should try the demo and go from there.

Alright thank you too! It was not so much that I didn't like Radiant Dawn itself though playing SRPGs on a big screen is always a bit jarring to me because due to their nature I like playing them while I do something else, like watching TV, sitting on a train etc.

You will, especially this one I think considering the games you mentionned.

Thanks aswell! :)

Draxal

In the beginning you mean? Because once you start reclassing her, she will loose the advantage of that skill.

Well, if you reclass her back to manaket at end game, the skill will always be active against level 20 promoted, and with patience/sol she can actually tank pretty well.

I'm playing on casual and just restarting from mid-scenario saves whenever someone dies.

What was the last JRPG that had 2 OTs?

I really think the combination of brisk pacing and great presentation perfectly compliments the gameplay. I see myself playing this off and on all year, might end up being my GOTY.

Nohar

Well... It's pretty obvious that I won't get my game today. I'll have to wait for Monday... 3 whole days... 3. WHOLE. DAYS.
I must resist and not buy it on the e-shop... And not pester a friend so that she buys back the game I should get Monday...
Must... Resist...

Draxal

Just want to add on that Inigo is definitely the best choice as Chrom's second child more so than Cynthia, Brady, and Kjelle.

Honestly, Inigo's fine on his own already. He has great class choices. I actually do like having Aether > Rightful king especially once you get to limitbreaker range.

Wiseblade

I'm playing on casual and just restarting from mid-scenario saves whenever someone dies.

What was the last JRPG that had 2 OTs?

I really think the combination of brisk pacing and great presentation perfectly compliments the gameplay. I see myself playing this off and on all year, might end up being my GOTY.

Pokémon Black/White had 3 OTs.

Tenck

Let people play how they want to play.

*rolls eyes* Yeah I'm forcing people how to play. Everyone is going to magically do what I say.

Please spare me the lecture. I was joking. If "heathens" didn't throw you off, I don't know what will.

Edit:
She's Stahl waifu in my game. They're destroying everybody.

Poor Stahl, he died in my playthrough. I'm trying to get her and Fredrick together, since she seems to have an interest him (though it's not love interest, a man can dream can't he!)

ffdgh

*rolls eyes* Yeah I'm forcing people how to play. Everyone is going to magically do what I say.

Please spare me the lecture. I was joking. If "heathens" didn't throw you off, I don't know what will.

Edit:

Poor Stahl, he died in my playthrough. I'm trying to get her and Fredrick together, since she seems to have an interest him (though it's not love interest, a man can dream can't he!)

Should have use craven or dastard :p

Honestly, Inigo's fine on his own already. He has great class choices already. I actually do like having Aether > Rightful king especially once you get to limitbreaker range.

Oh no doubt that on his own Inigo is great as well. Thing is that compared to other two girls who just recieve Aether, his Rightful King skill is much more useful on himself because of the potential with his other available skills.

Draxal

Oh no doubt that on his own Inigo is great as well. Thing is that compared to other two girls who just recieve Aether, his Rightful King skill is much more useful on himself because of the potential with his other available skills.

I just think Rightful king's overrated once you get into end game and Aether becomes amazing. The characters get to insane amount of skill stat with limit breaker + rally bots + s rank char supports, that aether triggers all the time.

Omnicent

Lon'qu is definitely working his way into my top 3 Myrmidions. I already like him more than Joshua.
He has awesome crit quotes... How well will you die... straight up confident guy.

Now do the right thing and pair him with Cordelia (that speed and skill + limit break on Severa... aww yeah. I don't care about Stahl)

I just think Rightful king's overrated once you get into end game and Aether becomes amazing. The characters get to insane amount of skill stat with limit breaker + rally bots + s rank char supports, that aether triggers all the time.

I think it just ups the percentage to a near constant "Aethering."

tauroxd

Here's the hilarious thing about Kellam:

In the Golden Gaffe DLC, everyone's stash has been stolen - except Kellam's. "Why didn't you steal mine?!" Not even his wallet has presence.

Kellam can't catch a break. This is why I paired him with Olivia my first run; he deserved a sexy dancing waifu.

Ha! I did the same thing, he deserved that cutie sexy dancer, but in my future playthrough that cutie sexy dancer is for me!

zroid

Banned
You know, it's cool they released a special edition XL in Europe, but honestly... I could take or leave it.

I have a blue XL already and it's fine but slapping a pale emblem on the front doesn't exactly suddenly change its complexion.

froliq

Meh, sold out here aswell. Store got more of the "limited edition" bundle than the game itself.

Ordered online now, should have it tomorrow.

Soule

Hey guys quick question, is there any reason to enable permadeath? I've played some older games in the FE game and I like permadeath but have less time available nowadays, dunno if I'm gonna enable it. Guidance appreciated!

Chrom

Hey guys quick question, is there any reason to enable permadeath? I've played some older games in the FE game and I like permadeath but have less time available nowadays, dunno if I'm gonna enable it. Guidance appreciated!

Play Classic if you want that classic experience, you can't go wrong with either. There doesn't really exist any incentive to play it over Casual/Newcomer, unless you want to unlock Lunatic+ on Classic right away.

The AI is designed around the idea of perma death. It won't try and win a game like a chess match but instead will attempt to kill your weakest units with little regard for self preservation. Removing permadeath makes the game significantly easier because. The mid-battle saves exclusive to casual are nice (unless you abuse them).

ffdgh

If you like perma death I guess go for it.
If you lack time, casual takes away perma death but it gives you access to 2 battle saves to save while playing a chapter incase you need to stop.

Joqu

FINALLY tracked down a copy of this, after looking for one for hours. Yes, I was that desperate. I know I could have just downloaded it from the eshop, but I need my physical box mang.

The store I pre-ordered it at was claiming that Nintendo changed the release date, the liars. I guess they are having shipping problems again, it was the same for Luigi's Mansion here. It's what you get from living in a country like Belgium. Good thing that the local Media Markt had it, I was about to give in.

Anyway, I had only played the Sacred Stones before, so I guess I'm kind of new to the Fire Emblem series, but it's great so far!

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Rats. I'm such a cheat.. But I could not let my comrades die. I just could not!

Anteo

You can save mid battle in Classic too, but it will delete itself on reload, so you can't abuse the save to make a different choice. In casual/newcomer you can abuse it to get a different result.

MicH

Was so supposed to receive this today. It's now 5:30 PM and nothing :( whyyyyyyy so tempted to download it from the eShop, but I have a physical copy coming my way..

Top Bottom