• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Tenck

Is it usual to get merked and lose bare characters?

What difficulty are you playing on? If anything other than normal (easy?) then the second one of your characters loses even one HP, they're in for a beat down. Everyone targets that character lol.

pringles

Only played about 2 hours, Normal Classic. Good stuff so far, though a bit on the easy side so I'm wondering if I should restart on Hard...

Also I didn't want my main character to use any magic at all, so I took magic as his 'weakness' but he still started with a magic spell, something like 5 or 6 MAG and in conversations it's mentioned he's proficient with magic. Normal?

Tenck

I'm playing hard classic, lost
Vaike, Maribelle, Ricken and Sumia
in the
battle of borders

Ahaha, yeah that happens. I lost quite a few in the second chapter. I was || that close to restarting, but I'll just try to do better on my second play-through.

Only played about 2 hours, Normal Classic. Good stuff so far, though a bit on the easy side so I'm wondering if I should restart on Hard...

Also I didn't want my main character to use any magic at all, so I took magic as his 'weakness' but he still started with a magic spell, something like 5 or 6 MAG and in conversations it's mentioned he's proficient with magic. Normal?

Restarted my game because I hated that. Chose Strength as my best trait, and magic as my weakness. Didn't change anything unfortunately. On the bright side I've got a good looking Mage as one of my main characters. That counts for something.

NeonZ

Huh. Just got the wireless options and I can download Lyn, but isnt downloading a level 18 character completely breaking the balance? Why can I not get her at Lvl1? :(

Well, you need to pay for her or beat her in combat, and the cost of the character depends on their stats. But, yes, if you pay for her , or any other high level legacy character, early enough, which can be done, you can easily break the main game, in spite of the past characters lacking supports here.

Chrom

Completely normal. Setting Magic as your Flaw just means that you aren't as proficient in your Magic stat than usual.

When should I start thinking about reclassing units? in the more recent console games i'd just get them to the auto class up triggering point and in the GBA games i'd use the promotion items anywhere from around lvl 17-20.
But I think people have mentioned changing classes multiple times in this one so is it worth holding out to the upper level limit? and is it solely done by promotion items once more?

Chrom

When should I start thinking about reclassing units? in the more recent console games i'd just get them to the auto class up triggering point and in the GBA games i'd use the promotion items anywhere from around lvl 17-20.
But I think people have mentioned changing classes multiple times in this one so is it worth holding out to the upper level limit? and is it solely done by promotion items once more?

I like to change classes as soon as all of a class's skills are learned.

Class changing is only possible with items; either a Master Seal or a Second Seal.

I like to change classes as soon as all of a class's skills are learned.

Class changing is only possible with items; either a Master Seal or a Second Seal.

Speaking of which are the skills learned at a designated level? I've had some pop up when units have reached double digits I think.

Duster

Zavvi must be sending mine via pigeon, what's the point of pre-ordering if it doesn't arrive on the day of release?
Well the answer to that question is because it was the cheapest at the time but that's not the point.

It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't sent me an update e-mail every week for the past three months to apologise that it hadn't been delivered.

Reknoc

Zavvi must be sending mine via pigeon, what's the point of pre-ordering if it doesn't arrive on the day of release?
Well the answer to that question is because it was the cheapest at the time but that's not the point.

welcome to zavvi

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Got it. Will the character level some stats faster based on what attacks I use or is it random/pre-determined?

Each character has growth rates for each stat which is the likelyhood it will go up when they level up. So it's random with some stats being more likely to level up than others.

BraXzy

My copy from GAME arrived today and had the free art book, pretty short with just two pieces of art, as well as character art on each character.. But its pretty awesome considering it was free!

Not gonna get chance to play it today but iI'm looking forward to it. I remember reading something about free DLC for EU peeps due to the wait, is that still a thing or did I dream it? Oh and final question.. For a Fire Emblem newbie

Classic mode or Casual? :p

Reknoc

Oh god my heart stopped when I finished the data transfer and the icon for the game wasn't there, thankfully I figured out how to redownload it lol

Apenheul

Couldn't find it, went to two cities in The Netherlands and none of the stores had any left (or received any). I hope it's not a repeat of how NOA handled it.

Morokh

Started playing this, I'm on the third mission or something and the game is amazing already !

Had a weird thing too when purchasing it, another guy wanted one at the same time as me and they had to search for the 5 last copies in the storage because there wasn't any displayed .... low print or success ? xD first time that happens in that store in years.

Tenck

Classic mode or Casual? :p

Do you hate losing characters permanently? If no, then Classic. If yes, then Casual.

There's benefits to each.

For Classic, you really need to think your battles through and not go in recklessly.

For Casual you can enjoy the game without having to worry about losing your favorite character.

Do you hate losing characters permanently? If no, then Classic. If yes, then Casual.

There's benefits to each.

For Classic, you really need to think your battles through and not go in recklessly.

For Casual you can enjoy the game without having to worry about losing your favorite character.

As if Classic players don't just reset as soon as someone dies.

Oxx

I usually reset and start the chapter if someone dies, but I might just roll with the consequences in this game.

Seems like a greater opportunity to forge new relationships rather than ride the early-game characters until the end.

MicH

Spotpass question. I downloaded this Karel fella. Now he just stands at the fort. What do I do? Fight him? I don't want to mess it up :( I just recruited Donnel

CSX

Spotpass question. I downloaded this Karel fella. Now he just stands at the fort. What do I do? Fight him? I don't want to mess it up :( I just recruited Donnel

If you fight him and win, you can recruit him. But hes probably too strong for ya if you just recruited DOnnel

Chrom

Yeah, growth rates are fixed for every character and can never be altered. There's a skill called Aptitude that adds +20% to all growth rates when equipped, but only a very small handful of characters can have it.

Top Bottom