• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Lord Phol

So I was supposed to get this game today but it hasn't even shipped, thinking about downloading it on the e-shop instead. Before I do that I just wanna know if a need to take any precautions. Say I were to loose my 3DS for example, and I buy a new one, how would I gain access to my former e-shop purchases?

Chrom

So I was supposed to get this game today but it hasn't even shipped, thinking about downloading it on the e-shop instead. Before I do that I just wanna know if a need to take any precautions. Say I were to loose my 3DS for example, and I buy a new one, how would I gain access to my former e-shop purchases?

Contact Nintendo, and I think you may need to file a police report. That's what I've heard from others as to how you'd need to go about doing that, since there's no real convenient way of doing so.

Sendou

Contact Nintendo, and I think you may need to file a police report. That's what I've heard from others as to how you'd need to go about doing that, since there's no real convenient way of doing so.

This and make a copy of the receipt of the 3DS and make a note of the 3DS's serial number.

MicH

Whelp, decided to buy it from te eShop. Will return the physical copy whenever it arrives.

First retail game purchased on the eShop.. downloading now!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Huh. Just got the wireless options and I can download Lyn, but isnt downloading a level 18 character completely breaking the balance? Why can I not get her at Lvl1? :(

pariah164

Here's how. Before viewing, save in slot 1 and 2. Now, let's just say Avatar has S conversation with A B C D E F G H I. You view the S support with A. This will render S conversations with B C D E F G H I locked. Save in slot 2. Done? Now, restart the game by pressing L + R + Start and load the Save slot 1. Now, override save slot 2.

Repeat the steps, only now you view the S support with B. Etc etc.

This is how you collect supports for viewing later.
THANK YOU for making this clear. Sorry for the double.

Huh. Just got the wireless options and I can download Lyn, but isnt downloading a level 18 character completely breaking the balance? Why can I not get her at Lvl1? :(

Modified_Raised_Eyebrow_Smiley_by_Prince_of_Powerpoint.jpg
Don't use them then?

m0t0k1

Yes managed to snag the last Fire Emblem of my town at Saturn. So happy got to play an hour and it is really good. Too bad there is no overhead talk between chapters from an story teller like in previous Fire Emblem. I am playing on Normal Classic to get used to the new pair up mechanics. But it feels way more easy then normal fire emblems and more like the easy mode. Also went to Gamemania but the guy told me to pre-order because Nintendo didnt deliver a lot of Fire Emblem Games. I never Pre Order so i went to saturn and guess i was lucky. Also does anybody have advice on which asset to be stong at and weak at. I chose my strong point magic because i like to make my MC a strong Mage and my weakness Resistance because i leave the mages to more strength type of guys.

Lord Phol

This and make a copy of the receipt of the 3DS and make a note of the 3DS's serial number.

Ah I see, hm will have to ponder it a bit more before deciding. Thanks for the information and tips!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Don't use them then?

I want to collect extra characters, but its stupid they'd offer gamebreaking strength. I want to use characters from other games, thats pretty neat, but not at Level 18.

Edit: I just noticed that you need to fight to get them, so that makes more sense.

Toma

This game good enough to buy a 3ds for?

I havent played much on my 3DS lately, but its certainly good enough if you know you like the genre. And there are some other titles you could check out before buying.

Yopis

Awesome might grab this and 3ds for my fiance. Thanks for response guys. All the replies... might get one for myself to compliment my Vita.

Anteo

Awesome might grab this and 3ds for my fiance. Thanks for response guys. All the replies might get one for myself to compliment my Vita.

Just one thing, if it's your first time with a 3ds, the 3D effect will bother you a bit at first, but your eyes will "understand" in a week or less that some screens can do 3D too and from that point it won't bother you at all. Just dont go Max 3D right away, remember the slider is there so you can adjust it to the perfect spot for you.

Westlo

Turned auto battle on for a turn that it gets introduced in game, sully gets killed, never again.

This game good enough to buy a 3ds for?

I bought a 3ds in dec for this, needless to say I wasn't happy when I found out the pal release date.

Yopis

Just one thing, if it's your first time with a 3ds, the 3D effect will bother you a bit at first, but your eyes will "understand" in a week or less that some screens can do 3D too and from that point it won't bother you at all. Just dont go Max 3D right away, remember the slider is there so you can adjust it to the perfect spot for you.

Thanks for info.

Chrom

I bought a second 3DS just for this game. Don't regret it at all, haha.

Also, can anyone check for that StreetPass glitch in the PAL version?

Also does anybody have advice on which asset to be stong at and weak at. I chose my strong point magic because i like to make my MC a strong Mage and my weakness Resistance because i leave the mages to more strength type of guys.
Assests and flaws slightly affect other stat areas than the ones they are in. I think an assest also bumps that starting stat by a few points (if that is true then I can see lunatic having an ever so slightly less bumpy start if you go assest speed).

Resistance isn't a bad flaw given that mages are less frequent than physical. I personally went assest luck (my logic of highest growth for area with highest cap might be flawed though as the luck growth is already good), flaw skill. IIRC the estimated growth rate is still 40% for skill (as tactician) which isn't shabby at all.

Thing is growth rates are not 100% confirmed (I think they were obtained form pixel counting guides) and in the long run the assest/flaw isn't really something to worry about starting over for the sake of. Especially as I hear there isn't really anyone with bad growth rates. In short see how it works out for you.

All you newcomers, don't worry too much about Casual/Classic. Classic is the more genuine FE experience, but Casual makes resetting for every death much more convenient since you can save mid-battle, not just suspend.

Silent avatar was one of the voice options in the Japanese game, but they cut it in the localization. The avatar's portrait still appeared during conversations though, rather than the characters just talking to the screen like in FE7.

I know, that upset me :(

Mr E.

Snagged the last copy at my local GAME.
The guy said they had 5 pre orders and Nintendo sent them 6 copy's. although they had plenty of empty game cases sent for display purposes.

We got talking and he told me that was the norm for Nintendo. I jokingly said can't you exaggerate the pre orders a bit. Alas no, they need to be registered through the till.

He recommended pre ordering any upcoming stuff to guarantee a physical copy because supplies are erratic. It wasn't the normal spiel given out by a spotty kid either, I could tell he was genuine.

He did tell me one order that I was flabbergasted at. He asked me if I could guess the maximum amount of Super Mario U games they have had in stock at once. Well long story short is that Nintendo have only ever sent two retail copies, that was the most ever in stock.
For Nintendo's newest flagship console to have only two Flagship games in stock surprised me.

Sorry for OT. By the way the art book is really top notch, not sure if its exclusive to game but I was surprised. Probably get my money back on E-bay lol.

Conor 419

Banned
Hmm, I'm not liking that

A| Some characters don't die
B| The 'game over' conditions of losing a main character

It kinda diminishes the 'loss' that's supposed to be felt.

OwlyKnees

Whelp, decided to buy it from te eShop. Will return the physical copy whenever it arrives.

First retail game purchased on the eShop.. downloading now!

Why wouldn't you just wait and, presumably, save money and the hassle of returning?

I'm in the same situation with Injustice, having to wait until Monday to receive it now. Saving £7 makes it worthwhile, though.

Snagged the last copy at my local GAME.
The guy said they had 5 pre orders and Nintendo sent them 6 copy's. although they had plenty of empty game cases sent for display purposes.
I wonder if the situation is better poised for stocking the large stores. There is a sort of demo event going on tomorrow in some. Would be a bit egg on face, but not the first time things have been demod with no stock (I remember hearing during the grewat Wii shortage of 2007 how a Gamestation store got besiged by people wanting to buy a Wii as they thought Nintendo demoing it right outside meant the store actually had stock).

Jachaos

Meh, then they should be able to return in battle, it's immersion breaking.

I agree maybe too many characters retreat when they're not even necessary to the rest of the game's plot. In other games in the series you'd have the main character, some important characters (sister/brother, advisor/strategist, etc.) and important enemies that you can only hurt but not kill. This time around, way too many will retreat and not die.

Zafir

Got my Fire Emblem 3DS XL, looks really nice. One question though, can I just redownload Fire Emblem after I copy my old 3DS data onto the new one? Since I assume the transfer will do a direct copy and replace.

Anteo

I agree maybe too many characters retreat when they're not even necessary to the rest of the game's plot. In other games in the series you'd have the main character, some important characters (sister/brother, advisor/strategist, etc.) and important enemies that you can only hurt but not kill. This time around, way too many will retreat and not die.

That happens if said character has a kid. Kids haven't been born yet at the time of the game (Chroms second kid should have before Ch 20 though) so the parents should stay alive no matter what (In fact a kid coming from the future basically is a prediction that they will live long enough to have them). Even if they were alredy born, rewriting the supports to acknowledge a dead parent would be hard, kids should not talk about their parent living longer that the time of this game (so Severa for example should not remember her mother at all instead of saying she was perfect) and even if they didn't there would be many ways for this to happen, like if you have read supports B and C from the mom, but all from the dad and only the last one should mention the dead parent in current time, or if you only have C of one and then start reading the next ones with the parent no longer alive.

Chrom

Got my Fire Emblem 3DS XL, looks really nice. One question though, can I just redownload Fire Emblem after I copy my old 3DS data onto the new one? Since I assume the transfer will do a direct copy and replace.

That's not how it works. Licenses are moved over, not the actual game data. The process involves you switching SD cards between the systems to get everything you already have to be playable on the new 3DS.

Since the game wouldn't be on your original SD card, you do have to redownload the game from the eShop after the System Transfer.

Is the street pass glitch only on spot pass character or also the DLCs like Marth? Will try but I can't fight level 20 team for now XD

Not sure... I suppose they're pretty much the same, though.

I wonder if the situation is better poised for stocking the large stores. There is a sort of demo event going on tomorrow in some. Would be a bit egg on face, but not the first time things have been demod with no stock (I remember hearing during the grewat Wii shortage of 2007 how a Gamestation store got besiged by people wanting to buy a Wii as they thought Nintendo demoing it right outside meant the store actually had stock).

It almost sounds like they're demoing the demo version, so it shouldn't be a huge embarrassment if that happened.

Although that reminds me, I didn't realise GAME weren't giving out the artbook with the bundle in stores. I almost left without an artbook if I hadn't stayed around and noticed the box with the artbook promotion.

Luckily the staff were nice enough to give me one for my bundle, phew!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, it actually arrived in the mail on time today!

Starting up now, on normal (because FE-noob) and classic mode (because yolo). Let's see what all the fuzz is about! :)

Top Bottom