• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Yeah, growth rates are fixed for every character and can never be altered. There's a skill called Aptitude that adds +20% to all growth rates when equipped, but only a very small handful of characters can have it.

Well the growth rates can change slightly depending on what class they are.

Kind of weird getting used to people dying. Thats just war I suppose.
Love the 3D in this, keep thinking a fly is swooshing past me in the screen but its a bird in game haha

zroid

Banned
uhhhhhh I just got a (Fire Emblem) StreetPass while sitting on my couch

THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE AND I'M SCARED

zroid

Banned
I heard you can streetpass your own file with another file. Haven't seen that happen yet though.

Well you can do it if you have a second 3DS and have set up a different save file to StreetPass from that system. But I haven't done that... and I haven't even used my other 3DS in weeks. o_o

Might be someone with a 3DS walked by outside and tagged me, but yeah that would be a first in two years if true.

Tenck

As if Classic players don't just reset as soon as someone dies.

I've lost 4 so far. Feels bad man. I even saved before my first character died just in case, but it's just not worth it having to restart every time someone dies.

I did that in Radiant Dawn too much lol. Can't repeat that again.

Yes, you could play a little to have more skills available, but I didn't change their classes, just resetted them and all was pretty fine.

Yeah, they turn out ok anyways, but a bunny with Lethality>a regular bunny so I'd recommend changing their classes at least once anyways.

Damnit....my first FE and I really wanna love this game, but tbh I'm having a hard time. Never ever played FE before and there is no booklet so the learning curve is quite steep... Mind you, English is not my native language so sometimes I got no idea wth I'm doing :/

Is there any good vid online that teaches one how to play this game?

That was a horridly vague hint lol. Would have looked forever if it wasn't for the internet.

They give you like 5 hints in the chapter that narrow down the location a lot...but yeah I couldn't find it myself either even though I swear I stepped on the right panel like twice :I

CSX

Are there any drawbacks to changing classes?

Only drawbacks are having weapon levels starting at E if the class uses different weapons than the current class.

Also look to see if the character will still be good after class change (you can look at the changed stats before you confirm the class change).

in other words dont be changing characters with really low Magic to mages/healers and vice versa. You can getaway with this towards endgame and/or you're grinding

The advantages to class changing are learning new skills and setting your level back to 1 which will increase your exp gain

Draxal

Now I'm almost disappointed. Don't train me to expect something and then not do it, IntSys!

They pretty much made this game alot friendlier to noobs, no weird recruitments/strange items in the base game/paralogues.

This does someone change with the free spotpass paralogues.

m0t0k1

Assests and flaws slightly affect other stat areas than the ones they are in. I think an assest also bumps that starting stat by a few points (if that is true then I can see lunatic having an ever so slightly less bumpy start if you go assest speed).

Resistance isn't a bad flaw given that mages are less frequent than physical. I personally went assest luck (my logic of highest growth for area with highest cap might be flawed though as the luck growth is already good), flaw skill. IIRC the estimated growth rate is still 40% for skill (as tactician) which isn't shabby at all.

Thing is growth rates are not 100% confirmed (I think they were obtained form pixel counting guides) and in the long run the assest/flaw isn't really something to worry about starting over for the sake of. Especially as I hear there isn't really anyone with bad growth rates. In short see how it works out for you.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah luck normally in these games arent my strongest point. So i thought i am not going to put that as flaw lol. Maybe i will try that in my hard playthrough. Also i just downloaded the free DLC and the spotpass lyn and she is level 18 that is way to strong for my team. I will try to tackle her at a later stage.

Damnit....my first FE and I really wanna love this game, but tbh I'm having a hard time. Never ever played FE before and there is no booklet so the learning curve is quite steep... Mind you, English is not my native language so sometimes I got no idea wth I'm doing :/

Is there any good vid online that teaches one how to play this game?

Are you playing Normal? Play Normal.

Don't just rush at enemies. Make sure you look to see how many enemies there are and estimate what kind of damage they would do. Then decide which enemies you want to fight and which of your units is best for taking on that enemy. If your enemy is swarming you, that's bad. Keep them away from each other. Press A over an enemy to see where it can attack.

Chrom

Assests and flaws slightly affect other stat areas than the ones they are in. I think an assest also bumps that starting stat by a few points (if that is true then I can see lunatic having an ever so slightly less bumpy start if you go assest speed).

Asset/Flaw does affect the base stats, yeah. Caps, too.

Personally, I don't worry about prioritizing Speed, since Pair Up bonuses with someone like Chrom typically means your Avatar is unlikely to get doubled anyway. Just me, though.

pariah164

I usually just wait for the enemies to come to me, like in
Brady's recruitment Paralogue.
THIS IS PROBABLY A HORRIBLE STRATEGY but it worked my first time through!

Oxx

I'm playing so conservatively considering it's chapter 2 and I'm not a newcomer.

Cautiously inching across the screen.

MicH

Just completed the free DLC map. Questions about it below (spoilers!)

So I got a Marth card? What does this mean? I see I now have Pr Marth in among my team members, but can I really use him? The whole thing was a little weird, but I get that it was throwbacks to older FE games. There were some characters I recognized!

Also the old man told me to come back, but I wasn't in a hurry? I thought I finished the map, is there really more?

Sorry for all the questions, I jsut found it very intriguing :D

Wiseblade

Protip : press X

Seriously, the game should be forcing people to do that first thing.

I'm surprised that they don't tell you to to also cycle through enemies and individually mark troublesome enemies at the start of a chapter too. That's what I do to enemy archers whenever I take Pegasus Knights into a chapter.

Danielsan

Got an eShop download code from GAME for £34.99. My first Fire Emblem game.
Does anyone know if these codes also work on other European Eshops?

Edit: Never mind. Bought it on the Eshop. Too inpatient to wait till tomorrow and get a physical copy and saving €5 on a download code (which may or may not work in the Netherlands) isn't worth it.

So I got a Marth card? What does this mean? I see I now have Pr Marth in among my team members, but can I really use him? The whole thing was a little weird, but I get that it was throwbacks to older FE games. There were some characters I recognized!

Also the old man told me to come back, but I wasn't in a hurry? I thought I finished the map, is there really more?

-Yes he's now a playable unit.
-It's just a reference to there being more DLC maps later.

Protip : press X

Are you playing Normal? Play Normal.

Don't just rush at enemies. Make sure you look to see how many enemies there are and estimate what kind of damage they would do. Then decide which enemies you want to fight and which of your units is best for taking on that enemy. If your enemy is swarming you, that's bad. Keep them away from each other. Press A over an enemy to see where it can attack.

Yeah I play normal...maybe I'm rushing. Shall try a slower approach as for now I'm getting my ass kicked all the time. Thanks for the help :D

@ Kurita: I'm at work now, so can't check. What does 'x' do?

NeonZ

So I got a Marth card? What does this mean? I see I now have Pr Marth in among my team members, but can I really use him?

Yes, you can use him, of course. All DLC characters have no supports though, but they can class change to any standard class of their own gender. Marth has access to an exclusive Lodestar class (can wield Rapiers, like the lords, but learns no skills by itself) and he can wield the Falchion too in any sword wielding class.

Also, as playable units, none of the legacy characters get any quotes. They'll just stay silent most of the time, with the only exception I've noticed is a generic quote when they find items in the shinning tiles.

The story of Marth's DLC chapter is directly followed up by Roy's and then Micaiah's maps. That's what they're referencing there.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm

Huh

What?

Hmm

Best voice acting since Xenoblade! :) Loving this game so far !!

Jb

First time Fire Emblem euro player here! Just got the game and I'm already pleasantly surprised by the presentation. Some gorgeous 2D art and anime cutscenes, satisfying sound effects and menus that are fun to navigate through. I just hope I won't get my ass kicked too hard (normal+classic).

Are there any drawbacks to changing classes?

Only drawbacks are having weapon levels starting at E if the class uses different weapons than the current class.

Bear in mind, though, when characters gain weapon levels they stay that way, even if they lose that weapon option.

For example, I have a pegasus knight (who has an A rank in lances) and change them to a Dark Mage (who wields tomes). That character's available weapons changes to tomes only, with an E rating. But, if I level that character up and switch to a class that DOES wields lances, they'll still have an A rank in lances.

Keep that in mind when you're considering changing classes. Knowing they'll keep their A level no matter what makes it a lot easier to swap them around.

Top Bottom