• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Draxal

I just recruited Tharja and I hate her already.

"I-I'm not joining you because I want to, or anything! Baka!"

She's not the tsundere character in this game, she's pretty yandere. There is pretty much the ultimate tsundere character in one of the side missions though.

OP should have this

81CTfP4aLVL._AA1500_.jpg

Yeah, in their face!

Wiseblade

She's not the tsundere character in this game, she's pretty yandere. There is pretty much the ultimate tsundere character in one of the side missions though.

I just assume Sumia was the Yandere in the game. Like, if Chrom married any other girl, she stick a Javelin in their eye while they slept or something.

Tharja acts mean to everyone at first (she's really does a good job of hiding her kindness) except for your Avatar.

Watch her supports and see how she's devoted to you more so than anyone else in the game.

Anteo

Is the marriage system easy to grasp?

Yeah, units that fight together get a little animation involving hearts, when you see that, those units are getting along and over time you will unlock a support convertation. Same sex convertation goes from C to A and opposite sex from C to S. S rank is marriage and as soon as you get that you block all other possible S ranks for that couple. Getting extra ranks is usefull as the units will support each other on battle.

I just recruited Tharja and I hate her already.

"I-I'm not joining you because I want to, or anything! Baka!"

Not even close.

Real talk :
Sumia is shit

Her class options outside of Dark Filer (and only really for Galeforce) aren't that great.

Why are Pegasus Knights so bad? What's their purpose?

They can fly over mountains. They can fly over deserts. They can fly over water.

Drago

The Fire Emblem XL is really quite awful, I think. It's just a blue XL with a barely noticeable (based on video unboxings) symbol in the middle. Really bland.

ffdgh

Pegasus knights can become dark flyers, get access to tomes, and the oh so wonderful exclusive skill galeforce. Their existance is justified <3. Screw archers and wind magic tho.

Unless at least one of them has a wind tome.

Which they will.

It's funny. I give my mages wind tomes to beat enemy fliers and all I get is like 2 extra damage or whatever, and when an enemy mage uses wind, it does some ungodly amount to my fliers. Maybe it's because none of my mages have used anything above the El-tomes, but still.

Unless at least one of them has a wind tome.

Which they will.

It only really starts hurting once the mages are carrying Elwind and higher, since it triples their weapon might.

If the enemy mage is tossing Wind everywhere, it only becomes as strong as a standard Thunder spell.

Of course, in risen battles, they start carrying El spells like from the get go.

It's funny. I give my mages wind tomes to beat enemy fliers and all I get is like 2 extra damage or whatever, and when an enemy mage uses wind, it does some ungodly amount to my fliers. Maybe it's because none of my mages have used anything above the El-tomes, but still.

It triples the weapon might if it's effective damage.

So on the basic Wind tome, it goes from 1 to 3, which pretty much equals the strength of the basic Thunder tome.

On Elwind, it goes from 4 to 12. Which is equal to the strength of Bolganone, the B level Fire spell.

On Arcwind, it goes from 6 to 18. Which is equal to the strength of Mjölnir, the A level Thunder spell. And so on.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Cordelia has great classes too. Mercenary and effing Dark Mage lines.
Awesome class selection but can't get Chrom's joystick. That's a fair trade.

Cynthia wants to be a hero so bad but her mom can't give it by herself :/

yup and I'll say it again.

DS+ is the 2nd best female exclusive skill after Galeforce.

He don't deserve her anyways =P

Yeah DS+ is hella good. I get that on every female character that can get it.

Just got past Chapter 9, things are getting really interesting. I want to keep trying to beef up my character relationships, the whole system seems very cool.

Also,
I have no idea what is going on with Marth.

ohlawd

He don't deserve her anyways =P

Yeah DS+ is hella good. I get that on every female character that can get it.

I always roll my eyes at people lol'ing at Valkyries. They give DS+, that makes them a top tier class. Doesn't matter if Valkyrie isn't your ideal endgame class. Shit don't matter!

Just got past Chapter 9, things are getting really interesting. I want to keep trying to beef up my character relationships, the whole system seems very cool.

Also,
I have no idea what is going on with Marth.

You'll see some cool shit later on.

pariah164

I always roll my eyes at people lol'ing at Valkyries. They give DS+, that makes them a top tier class. Doesn't matter if Valkyrie isn't your ideal endgame class. Shit don't matter!

See, I was not aware of this, so I can try and make this happen on my second palythrough. Will marry Maribelle to someone who can actually keep her alive this time.

ffdgh

The only reason I got dual support for one certain character was because they couldn't even support 2 certain people for some silly reason.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu

I keep Maribelle as a Valkyrie for her endgame class. Her stats are a little bit better as a Sage, but I want dat extra movement.

Why do all characters have Strength and Magic?

Not sure if serious.

Top Bottom