• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

ffdgh

...And the fact the tactician/grandmaster class uses strength and magic attacks lol.

Oh and the oh so awesome dread fighter dlc class's tome/sword/axe.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I have DS+ on my Cherche. She's sooo good at supporting my avatar lol.

I don't have a Valkyrie main (though I think Mirabelle has gone through the line), but is the extra 5-10% chance to the bonus stats really necessary after getting limit break and maxing everyone out? Paired up Morgan/Inigo backed up by Avatar/Tharja standing next to them is already dodging near everything and healing back anything else up with Aversa's Night as is. I'd think in the long run, dual guard+ might be better...

I suppose every bit helps for the Strongest One's DLC....

Also, I'm aware that this is a silly question, but I never actually bothered to figure it out...are the support bonus avoidance, hit, etc... actually used in the pre-fight calculations, or is that bonus in addition to once the battle actually starts?

Oh and the oh so awesome dread fighter dlc class's tome/sword/axe.

Yep. Dread Fighter's are pretty damn amazing. Brides are really good too, but I think that Dread Fighter pulls ahead with the magic compared to the Bride's Bow, unless you need a healer or the ultimate rally bot.

ffdgh

Now if only bride had gotten something like resistance+10 or aggressor(plus 10 attack on player phase). Rally love is great tho for female morgan's rally spectrum.

Metroidvania

Now if only bride had gotten something like resistance+10 or aggressior(plus 10 attack on player phase). Rally love is great tho for female morgan's rally spectrum.

Yeah, something other than Bond (maybe a Def+10, since most females have higher Res and lower Def growths, iirc) would have been way awesome. Bond is good, but when it doesn't stack, 10hp either isn't gonna make a ton of difference late-game or not matter when everyone is spamming nosferatu, or has Sol and/or Lifetaker skills.

Brides > Dread Fighters

Why?

Sparkles > Aura

But the lances clip through the dress :/

Love good old ignis too.

I think I had Morgan Ignis Crit on a General with 7 Resistance for 300 or so. Was kinda funny.

Gvaz

Banned
Yeah, something other than Bond (maybe a Def+10, since most females have higher Res and lower Def growths, iirc) would have been way awesome. Bond is good, but when it doesn't stack, 10hp either isn't gonna make a ton of difference late-game or not matter when everyone is spamming nosferatu, or has Sol and/or Lifetaker skills.

But the lances clip through the dress :/

I think I had Morgan Ignis Crit on a General with 7 Resistance for 300 or so. Was kinda funny.

I hadn't even noticed it clips

Marche90

Thanks to this thread I decided two things:

First, I'm going to do a Hard/Classic/No reset run. If someone I like dies, it will feel terribly bad, but I have to move on.
Second, I retook my last save, which I hadn't played for over a month, to get all the SpotPass characters.

About this one. I was playing Paralogue 22 (or was it 21?) and I was almost finished, but I didn't realized that Tharja, who's underleveled, was in the boss' reach. So far, fine, since she was able to take two normal hits. But, oh no, we can't let you have it your way, can we? Critical. 20 minutes wasted...

Feels good to be back and playing FE:A again

Repent and despair, Rogue Agent.

I repent. I repent. :)

It's ok, I'll just blame nanomachines

Yeah, I had those damn old nanomachines from the GBA Fire Emblem games. I need new ones or just completely get rid of them altogether. :p

The GBA games combined the two, so you're not totally off base.

Oh yeah, they did! Oh well, I guess these changes really enhance stuff. I love the way you can play this game in different ways. Nice customisation!

zroid

Banned
First, I'm going to do a Hard/Classic/No reset run. If someone I like dies, it will feel terribly bad, but I have to move on.

I said the same thing before I started. I was weak.

ohh it's not your first playthrough. Well, probably will be easier then. :p

Metroidvania

Maybe next game, they just won't be swapping heads onto bodies and give everyone custom class outfits.

Yeah, I said this in the old thread, but I think adding some of the custom outfits/color schemes could really help re-establish some individuality if IS decides to keep the reclass system in a similar state for the next game.

That or keep some of the more OP skills class-locked while balancing them out a bit more, or returning some of them to an innate skill instead of a learned one to give more of a trade-off between picking classes.

Does anyone even like
Aversa
as their waifu? Haha

She's on my list, after
Lucina
. Gives one of the best skills to Morgan if you don't wanna be stuck as a sorcerer, too.

Have to fit a female MU and Chrom in there somewhere, even if male morgan is nowhere near as awesome as his sister-self.

Chrom

Also, I'm aware that this is a silly question, but I never actually bothered to figure it out...are the support bonus avoidance, hit, etc... actually used in the pre-fight calculations, or is that bonus in addition to once the battle actually starts?

The bonuses you see as the battle starts are supposed to be the support bonuses, except you always get a minimum of Hit rate +10 when fighting with two people, regardless of supports. Better supports increases these bonuses and includes more kinds, like additional Critical and Dodge.

Auskeek

5LqcS2Q.jpg

Well Aussie artbook was lamer than expected.

zroid

Banned
I think it says a lot about how good the art in this game is when the best looking DLC character, of which there are many, drawn by a variety of guest artists, is the only one done in the same style as FEA itself by its resident artist.

Metroidvania

The bonuses you see as the battle starts are supposed to be the support bonuses, except you always get a minimum of Hit rate +10 when fighting with two people, regardless of supports. Better supports increases these bonuses and includes more kinds, like additional Critical and Dodge.

So they are included in the calculations you see before the fight starts then.

I was never quite sure on that, though I suppose I could have just looked at the crit value for before and during the fight to see if they were the same.

Do we know if the future of despair is going to hit this Thursday alongside Palla's map?

IIRC, we've had packs sometimes overlap and sometimes not.

Pretty weird that they even used an art of Katarina in the first place.

It is kind of a weird spot to include Katarina as the last DLC character, I wasn't aware she was that popular, though it did coincide fairly close with the unofficial translation patch for FE2 DS, iirc.

Kind of hoping there's more DLC down the road, but not really sure what else they could do at this point aside from more super hard challenges or other Conversation maps. A defend or other objective series could be kind of neat, I suppose.

I think it says a lot about how good the art in this game is when the best looking DLC character, of which there are many, drawn by a variety of guest artists, is the only one done in the same style as FEA itself by its resident artist.

Leaf easily looks the best.

Chrom

So they are included in the calculations you see before the fight starts then.

I was never quite sure on that, though I suppose I could have just looked at the crit value for before and during the fight to see if they were the same.

Do we know if the future of despair is going to hit this Thursday alongside Palla's map?

IIRC, we've had packs sometimes overlap and sometimes not.

It is kind of a weird spot to include Katarina as the last DLC character, I wasn't aware she was that popular, though it did coincide fairly close with the unofficial translation patch for FE2 DS, iirc.

Kind of hoping there's more DLC down the road, but not really sure what else they could do at this point aside from more super hard challenges or other Conversation maps. A defend or other objective series could be kind of neat, I suppose.

Yeah, I think you are correct in your understanding of how the bonuses work. I was going to tell you that were mistaken and that you only ever gain the supports after the battle starts and only from one supporting unit, but I think I am only realizing just now that I might be mistaken.

As for the upcoming DLC, history has shown that we always receive a new DLC series upon the end of another, so I strongly believe that Roster Rescue will not be the only DLC for next week. I acknowledge that it's a possibility for it to be Future of Despair, but I want to believe that it will actually be the Bonds series of DLC that will begin next week instead. We'll see, though.

And yes, Katarina and her DLC came out on the same day that the completed FE12 translation patch released. Really funny coincidence if nothing else.

Metroidvania

Yeah, I think you are correct in your understanding of how the bonuses work. I was going to tell you that were mistaken and that you only ever gain the supports after the battle starts and only from one supporting unit, but I think I am only realizing just now that I might be mistaken.

Yeah, wording on Serenes is unclear on whether you can only get it from your partner if you're paired up, but if you're not, you can get the 'bonus' from the supports from multiple people who you have ranks with, capping out at rank '12'? Not sure exactly how that works.

As for the upcoming DLC, history has shown that we always receive a new DLC series upon the end of another, so I strongly believe that Roster Rescue will not be the only DLC for next week. I acknowledge that it's a possibility for it to be Future of Despair, but I want to believe that it will actually be the Bonds series of DLC that will begin next week instead. We'll see, though.

It could be the bonds DLC, but I dunno, it would seem kind of weird to break up all of the packs they've been doing, especially with how much more related to the plot Future is, and how Bonds is 'limited' to being conversation based.

PLus, it seems like NoA's been following Japan's schedule in terms of 'pack' releases, and Future came out in its entirety before the two bonds did. But yeah, we'll have to wait and see.

Also, best DLC art is Katarina and probably Celica, I wanted to like Lyn more, but it's too different from Awakening, not to mention her old FE7 portrait.

Seliph, Ike, and Elincia to some extent (with her horn-helmet) are...ugh.

Do the Whitewings have their own recruitment conversations like the lords? I ask because I really hope Katarina gets a conversation like Lyn's, and not some throwaway afterthought "Oh by the way here take this card" like Eldigan. So I'm hoping characters with new designs get conversations. Yes?

Yeah, wording on Serenes is unclear on whether you can only get it from your partner if you're paired up, but if you're not, you can get the 'bonus' from the supports from multiple people who you have ranks with, capping out at rank '12'? Not sure exactly how that works.

For the bonus, it counts your pair up partner as well as anyone else that's in an adjacent square next to you.

If you are paired up and have no one surrounding you, you only gain support bonuses from the pair up character.

If you do have other units surrounding you, their support levels with your character gets added together for the support bonuses.

It's the same system, just that when pairing up, you'll always have some level of support bonuses while you can gain more if you have other characters next to them as well.

Do the Whitewings have their own recruitment conversations like the lords? I ask because I really hope Katarina gets a conversation like Lyn's, and not some throwaway afterthought "Oh by the way here take this card" like Eldigan. So I'm hoping characters with new designs get conversations. Yes?

Well Eldigan is a faux DLC character anyway. If you play your file on a 3DS without the DLC bought, he'll still have his portrait while other actual DLC characters will get a giant question mark in instead.

Top Bottom