• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Frederick's and MU's A support is pretty lewd if taken out of context. And, I'll always take it out of context now.

Frederick:
My body is ready, Avatar! The next sample, if you please!

You talked yourself back into it? Impressive. And perhaps a little disturbing...

Ah, well. Whatever works. Let's finish this Frederick! Open wide!

demidar

The reason is Lancebreaker is because that's the anti-taguel weapon. Like how my Manaketes have Swordbreaker.

Well unless you're branching Yarne into something non-Taguel wouldn't that be a good thing? Lancebreaker is pretty good because it counters Beast Killer as well if you're going for a mounted promotion.

OK, just got Inigo his Counter skill. His dad is Kellam, so should I leave him as a Warrior? I was thinking about sending him back to Bow Knight because why not but that seems to hinder his Str and Def.

Has there ever been a Fire Emblem with a Helm's Deep style situation where you just gotta hold a position until a turn time runs out?

Yeah, as others have mentioned, there have been quite a few of these. There are also objectives where all your units have to reach the goal, or keep a green unit alive for a certain number of turns.

Jintor

The main story in this is so blah and it kind of affects the characters I feel. I was surprised to think about how much I remembered from Sacred Stones and Blazing Sword, like meeting Innes and his crew on the fortress and rescuing them, or finally finding Lyn again after trucking along as Eliwood and Hector for a while. The only thing that really stood out to me in Awakening main story-wise was the animated cutscenes and the whole thing with the Exalt.

Fantastic support characters and a far better support system, but without a... basis to hang the story on, it leaves me feeling a little hollow.

Scratch

so has anyone just fought ridiculous street pass teams before that they couldn't beat?

or are they all pretty much beatable because they can't pair up and be friends?

also luv manketes hallelujah

McNum

And that's the final child: Yarne with Sol and Lancebreaker. Is it just me or are all the kids kind of messed up? At least he's in the competition for funniest battlecry. "DON'T MESS WITH A BUNNY!" I'll try not to.

So final tally: Chrom/Sumia, Avatar/Tiki, Sully/Vaike, Nowi/Donnel, Tharja/Kellam, Cordelia/Lon'qu, Cherche/Frederick, Olivia/Virion, Lissa/Henry, Panne/Gregor, and Miriel/Ricken.

Now what to do with them all...

- Lucina has the Lord skills going for her. DualStrike+ and Aether, so she'll probably do something with hat. She can get Galeforce from Dark Flier, too. All in all, she's hard to mess up.
- Morgan is going to be the tankiest Manakete possible. Just need to figure out what the fifth skill should be after Sol, Pavise, Aegis, and Limit Breaker. Any suggestions?
- I haven't planned out Kjelle much other than she has the makings of a physical defensive powerhouse, so something like that.
- Nah... she can get Galeforce and Sol. Not sure what else, her speed is going to be a little on the low side.
- Noire is going to go in her mother's footsteps. Dark Mage and Sorcerer.
- Severa, I'm thinking Assassin or something.
- Gerome has the potential to be a 55/65 Def General. Might try that.
- Inigo is probably going for Swordmaster. He's good at that, and the outfit look pretty good on him.
- Owain has a Dread Fighter scroll in his future. Going to swap between Swordmaster and Sorcerer to build up weapon skills.
- Yarne... I have no clue with yet.
- Laurent is going Sage. So much magic power, be a waste not to.
- Cynthia. I'm seeing a Paladin class in her future. Probably.

And then there's who's going to support with who... That's the really hard part.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Waifu tier list because I make one for everything:

Cordelia > Lucina > Severa > Say'ri > Tiki > Maribelle > Anna > Olivia > Cherche > Lissa > Sumia > Tharja > Aversa > Noire > Nah > Cynthia > Miriel > Kjelle > Emmeryn > Nowi > Flavia > Sully > Panne

Fuck the Cordelia haters.

Andrew J.

Cordelia > Lucina > Severa > Say'ri > Tiki > Maribelle > Anna > Olivia > Cherche > Lissa > Sumia > Tharja > Aversa > Noire > Nah > Cynthia > Miriel > Kjelle > Emmeryn > Nowi > Flavia > Sully > Panne

Flat. As. A. Kite.

Moonlight

Banned
Waifu tier list:

Anna > Summer Scramble Anna > Hot Spring Scramble Anna > Harvest Scramble Anna > Goddess Anna > Merchant Anna > SpotPass Notification Anna

:lol

Draxal

And that's the final child: Yarne with Sol and Lancebreaker. Is it just me or are all the kids kind of messed up? At least he's in the competition for funniest battlecry. "DON'T MESS WITH A BUNNY!" I'll try not to.

So final tally: Chrom/Sumia, Avatar/Tiki, Sully/Vaike, Nowi/Donnel, Tharja/Kellam, Cordelia/Lon'qu, Cherche/Frederick, Olivia/Virion, Lissa/Henry, Panne/Gregor, and Miriel/Ricken.

Now what to do with them all...

- Lucina has the Lord skills going for her. DualStrike+ and Aether, so she'll probably do something with hat. She can get Galeforce from Dark Flier, too. All in all, she's hard to mess up.
- Morgan is going to be the tankiest Manakete possible. Just need to figure out what the fifth skill should be after Sol, Pavise, Aegis, and Limit Breaker. Any suggestions?
- I haven't planned out Kjelle much other than she has the makings of a physical defensive powerhouse, so something like that.
- Nah... she can get Galeforce and Sol. Not sure what else, her speed is going to be a little on the low side.
- Noire is going to go in her mother's footsteps. Dark Mage and Sorcerer.
- Severa, I'm thinking Assassin or something.
- Gerome has the potential to be a 55/65 Def General. Might try that.
- Inigo is probably going for Swordmaster. He's good at that, and the outfit look pretty good on him.
- Owain has a Dread Fighter scroll in his future. Going to swap between Swordmaster and Sorcerer to build up weapon skills.
- Yarne... I have no clue with yet.
- Laurent is going Sage. So much magic power, be a waste not to.
- Cynthia. I'm seeing a Paladin class in her future. Probably.

And then there's who's going to support with who... That's the really hard part.

Morgan should get Vantage. Swordmaster is a bad class in this game with okay skills, hero's much better due to having access to the much superior axes. Yarne should be a berserker.

McNum

Morgan should get Vantage. Swordmaster is a bad class in this game with okay skills, hero's much better due to having access to the much superior axes. Yarne should be a berserker.
Vantage? Really? "Act first if below 50% HP" on a character where you need to be Goddess Anna to get her down to 40 HP or less? I... don't see the point. I was thinking something more mundane like Dual Guard+ or similar. Because a 20% chance of taking no damage followed by a 50% chance of taking half damage is going to be hard to do anything about, especially with a Def hovering in the 60s, and able to be boosted to way over 70. The final skill should probably be useful at full HP.

Swordmaster gets Swordfaire, though. +5 damage with swords. Axefaire isn't possible to get for females unless it's passed down. Could, of course go Swordmaster, then Hero, but I'd be throwing away speed by doing so. Inigo and Severa are both pretty fast.

so has anyone just fought ridiculous street pass teams before that they couldn't beat?

also luv manketes hallelujah

Pretty much. The most you gotta look out for is those that troll you with Counter.

Though, I mostly just buy stuff from them instead of actually fighting them.

Aexact

When I first got the game, I was on like chapter 5 (sometime early) when I streetpassed this one guy who spawned as a class I didn't recognize (at the time).

Maxed out Sorcerer, forged Aversa's Night, whole team of children characters + Assassin Olivia and Chrom with the Exalted Falchion. Man, don't even need the internet to get spoiled!

So because this was my first streetpass, I freaked out and spent all my money to recruit him. Cause I didn't know I could just... buy items from him or dismiss him to clear him off the map.

Unfortunately, seeing that monstrosity taught me how to play the game so I have a terrible tendency toward Sorcerers now.

But yeah, since your characters can pair up and theirs are at the limitations of AI, you won't be losing Streetpass battles, all power levels equal. Therefore, my current Streetpass team is Die or Buy, with Assassins packed with forged Brave Bows, Lethality, and miscellaneous stat boosters and rare legacy items. If I can't beat them, I'll just try to force Classic players to reset.

gotee12

The feeling when you're 20 minutes into the beginning of a game and you can already tell "Yeah, this is gonna be a remarkable moment in gaming for me..."

ohlawd

Yup I can't do it. Won't make it in time man. I'll have to settle with using my Army of Waifus for TSON.

Only viable units I can bring on my oppai FeMU file at the time of writing are Cordelia, Kjelle, Lissa, Maribelle and FeMU >_<

Waifu tier list:

Anna > Summer Scramble Anna > Hot Spring Scramble Anna > Harvest Scramble Anna > Goddess Anna > Merchant Anna > SpotPass Notification Anna

:lol

Summer Scramble Anna > Every other Anna

That bikini, lawd I can't take it. Way too hot for my little heart to handle.

Kincaido

I somehow got my Chrom's Res maxed out. I don't think I even used any of the items on him. Based RNG.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

<Snip>

It's been a long while and my 1st post here again is a waifu list.... bah whatever!

Lucina >>>>>>>>>>>> Lissa > Olivia > Cordelia > Cherche > Say'ri > Tiki > Severa > Maribelle > Tharja > Sumia > Cynthia > Noire > Panne > Nah > Kjelle > Emmeryn > Anna > Miriel > Flavia > Nowi > Sully > Aversa

Kincaido

It's been a long while and my 1st post here again is a waifu list.... bah whatever!

Lucina >>>>>>>>>>>> Lissa > Olivia > Cordelia > Cherche > Say'ri > Tiki > Severa > Maribelle > Tharja > Sumia > Cynthia > Noire > Panne > Nah > Kjelle > Emmeryn > Anna > Miriel > Flavia > Nowi > Sully > Aversa

The best excuse to come back and post imo.

Bought this with Super Mario 3D land and Harvest Moon off the e-shop. I been bouncing between the three, but the few hours I have played of this have been excellent so far.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I want to make a confession.

I haven't played any DLCs post Limit Break map although I already purchased/downloaded them *except* Bonds 3, and that is just to see Lucina's scene >____>

ohlawd

Lucina looks so cute in her official art.

Then you play the game and you realize she is serious as fuck and her personality don't fit with her looks. She's still a great gal though but I think that's just cuz Laura Bailey :3

Like you know how units on horses have a beast weakness and a Beast Killer deal bonus damage? That's kinda like me and Lucina except with a much crappier analogy.

Mounted unit = her personality
Beast Killer = Boner Killer

You dig what I'm sayin', dawg?

ohlawd

tch if any of these FE:A girls suddenly turned real or whatever, I'd ask for Lissa's hand in marriage first.

If she rejcts me, then Cherche cuz she can cook :3

tch if any of these FE:A girls suddenly turned real or whatever, I'd ask for Lissa's hand in marriage first.

If she rejcts me, then Cherche cuz she can cook :3

ix7v7WsGT2rkb.gif

For your sake, I hope that never happens

ohlawd

Kana Asumi, I love you so much. I think you are a goddess and your voice is so heavenly.

But I can't believe how bad you were as Lissa. You sounded like complete shit.

Top Bottom