• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

TWILT

Banned
AWWWW YEAH, I DID IT. I had to reset like 10 times on the final battle, and Cherche almost died to beast mode Anna, but woot I beat hard mode Apotheosis. Think I'll just keep the Supreme Emblem as a trophy for my Avatar:
TUJLrTs.jpg

Annnd...now I have this sad feeling inside now that it's all over. ._.

Oh well, glad I played this game till the very end. I fucking love this game. <3 Maybe I'll replay it sometime.

Counter exist to prove its not a useless skill

I've finished the game on normal/classic and I'm working on a hard/classic play through now that I know what I'm doing. Anybody want to play matchmaker? I was thinking:

MU/Tharja
Chrom/Olivia
Lissa/Libra
Henry/Sumia
Cordelia/Lonqu? (I dunno)
Ricken/Miriel
Donnel/Nowi (I don't know what to do with Donny, but he's the least creepy husband for Nowi)

I haven't given too much though to the other kids yet. I heard Vaike and Sully were OK?

Can't comment about Sully besides if you want her kid to have Galeforce, give her Gaius.

Libra goes well with Lissa if you plan on having Owain a magic user. Otherwise, give her someone like Vaike.

And Ricken is fine with either Miriel or Maribelle.

AWWWW YEAH, I DID IT. I had to reset like 10 times on the final battle, and Cherche almost died to beast mode Anna, but woot I beat hard mode Apotheosis. Think I'll just keep the Supreme Emblem as a trophy for my Avatar:

Annnd...now I have this sad feeling inside now that it's all over. ._.

Oh well, glad I played this game till the very end. I fucking love this game. <3 Maybe I'll replay it sometime.

Well, you still got Lunatic + mode to try when you come back.

ChanHuk

Banned
I paired Nowi with Gregor because you know, he originally tried to creep/protect her.

I'm towards the end of a normal/classic play, what is your guys' go to party?

CorvoSol

AGHHHHH
COUNTER WHY DO YOU EXIST

Ah, Counter. So many times I've just shut my DS off in response.

Also, after Chrom, MU, Stahl and Lon'qu, Gregor is next in line for whatever wife I want to give him. Except its always Panne, because Gregor x Panne is adorable. Because Gregor is the best character in the game.

GOOD GRIEVING, WHERE IS CHHCHCHALLENGE?

ffdgh

Chrom, sumia, robin, panne,Morgan, yarne, Lissa,
emmeryn
brady and random fillers with max stats and limit breaker.

katkombat

Banned
WELL GUESS THE FUCK WHAT!?

(Sorry for my language I am excited!)

I got this today! Oh, how much did I get it for? Hmmm...FREE!!!

I went into Gamers for the game, and traded in a few games. Got $64 trade-in credit so I got the used copy of this (it was the only one in stock!) and a copy of Persona 4 (a game I've always wanted and finally found!). Fire Emblem was $37.95, Persona 4 was $27.95. Needless to say I get to the counter and pay with my card (knowing I'd need cash as well..) and the guy was like ok there's $36.05 on the card. I leave, but I was like, oh no he didn't mark fire emblem. Being the good citizen I am, I walked in and was like dude you didn't ring this up he was like seriously!? And I was like yeeeeees (this is how I have conversations). He's like well dude it's yours now, that was my mistake. I insisted he took it but he told me he was the manager and it was policy...

so... FREE GAME!!!

Dresden

Damn, neorice rolling out those avatars here now, good shit. Lucina is already taken I already got one from the manga thread so I'll hold off.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Today is a happy day.

Anyone want a Fire Emblem Awakening pixel avatar?

First come, first serve.

Damn, wish I'd seen this earlier. What are you using as references? Would it be possible to get one of the NPC Dark Knights? Dunno if there is enough reference art for them, but these guys have some kick ass helmets.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Yeah, I have a request that someone actually hasn't mentioned yet, but I did get one from the manga thread a while back. So, I will hold off as well.

ohlawd

Yup. $70.50 if you buy it all separately. It's only $53.00 if you buy the bundles.

Dammit. I should have bought them all individually.

IntSys deserve moar of my money. When I get my poptart 3DS, I'll transfer the DLC to the new one and buy the DLC again for my old one.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I've bought all the DLC, the artbook, OST, physical copy, download copy, and the LE 3DS. (I transferred the DL copy that comes with the LE to a friend)

I don't even wanna do the math for how much I spent on this game.

Dresden

I just plan on buying the scramble stuff and that future past set.

I did buy EXPonential growth after spending an hour grinding up Olivia in the regular game, though

ohlawd

Lost Bloodlines 3 is probably the best DLC to own.

Double exp, can't get enough of it.

edit: by virtue, Rogues & Redeemers 3 too cuz what's the point of grinding without breaking the stat cap?

Just finished hard mode/classic first-time. Before last stage I actually decided to marry my avatar to Tiki. Didn't plan on it earlier but it was a nice S-support and she certainly carried herself and looks more mature than Nowi. Avatar even has coincidentally the same green shade of hair.

Rushed through so left a lot of stages open. Still 50/50 I could go with Severa though when I redo the finish. So not committing to building on the file post-finish yet.

Also decided to pick up one DLC. The Smash 2 stage with the bride class. Fun New class with a middling challenge stage to get through (and bride Eirika to recruit). Finished a couple times but only used the bride item on one girl before trying the end-game.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
>only

...no regrets.

Haha, all I have myself is Champions of Yore and the Golden Pack. I don't normally buy DLC, but I'm really close to breaking down and grabbing Future Past because it sounds like the most interesting pack and Apotheosis because I enjoy getting my ass handed to me repeatedly.

Draxal

Haha, all I have myself is Champions of Yore and the Golden Pack. I don't normally buy DLC, but I'm really close to breaking down and grabbing Future Past because it sounds like the most interesting pack and Apotheosis because I enjoy getting my ass handed to me repeatedly.

You'll need RaR3 for Apotheosis.

McNum

I kind of wish there was a way to pull your save files out of the game. I don't suppose that savegame converter that's on the eShop can be used for that purpose? Does it convert both ways or do you need the eShop version of the game, too? And can you back up the eShop version of the saves from the SD card?

I might be buying all of the DLC, but it'd be a little silly to buy the game twice to have more save slots. But then why am I considering doing it?

Top Bottom