• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Finally wrapped up, I'm looking forward to a more focused playthrough in the future, but for now I've had Etrian Odyssey out from Gamefly since February and haven't touched it, so... :p

So tsun = psychopath now? That is the dumbest thing I read all day.

I'm not saying that, unless you think she's a perfect example of the archetype. She's a complete tosser except for 5% of the time, there isn't a good balance. Being unable to establish relationships (which she doesn't except for dere^2 mode) is covered under the umbrella of psychopathy. Full blown psychopath might have been an exaggeration

Busaiku

Though, to be fair, while I don't know how DID works or whatever, in Inigo's support, it seemed like standard anger during the latter parts.

GamerSoul

You're not the first person to say that. Basically it just rewards you for leaving the game alone for extended periods of time. Your units can get EXP, temporary stat boosts, or find rare items when you return. You can also read their profiles, and enjoy the conversations they have with each other.

Hmm that's a pretty neat feature. I like small touches like that.

So I kinda have a crush on Sumia...

nbd

She seems like a good match for Chrom so far. very cute. So far, I'm in chapter 8, she's one of my favorites.

Anteo

Hmm that's a pretty neat feature. I like small touches like that.

She seems like a good match for Chrom so far. very cute. So far, I'm in chapter 8, she's one of my favorites.

She is the canon wife, I mean she appears on the intro with Chrom and a baby.

Just played through Liberation Maiden and noticed Yusuke Kozaki (FE:A's artist) made the designs for it.

Shoko's totally a Falcon Knight. She's voiced by Danielle Judovits who I'm pretty sure is the same voice for Sumia.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I'm not saying that, unless you think she's a perfect example of the archetype. She's a complete tosser except for 5% of the time, there isn't a good balance. Being unable to establish relationships (which she doesn't except for dere^2 mode) is covered under the umbrella of psychopathy. Full blown psychopath might have been an exaggeration

Nah, I'm not saying she is the best example. I was just thinking that you calling her a psychopath when there are two other characters that most other people would consider one was kinda dumb. But it was just an exaggeration, so whatever.

Just played through Liberation Maiden and noticed Yusuke Kozaki (FE:A's artist) made the designs for it.

Shoko's totally a Falcon Knight. She's voiced by Danielle Judovits who I'm pretty sure is the same voice for Sumia.

I wish that they gave Shoko's impressive bottom to the Pegasus/Falcon Knights in this game.

I'm tired and I'm really hating how the dates are all jumbled up.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/dlc_eu.html#list

But it looks like it's one DLC every week. Maybe we'll see a pattern once your guys' Lost Bloodlines 3 is up.

Definitely makes sense, I wonder what's up next though. The Scramble packs got pushed way forward, the first one went up on the same date for both regions despite the huge NA headstart.

NoE probably wanted to maximize the sting of the uncensored Tharja ass lol

ohlawd

Could be :p

For us NA peeps, we got Lost Bloodlines 3 and Smash Brethren 1 in the same week. Same pattern holds for future DLC. So it'd be nice if the PAL peeps got the same treatment.

Sendou

Is there a way to improve flying units' (lack of) resistance to arrows?

Iote's Shield skill: "Negates user's (flying) type weakness
(Learned by using the Iote's Shield item *2)"

You can get the item for that skill from a DLC (Smash Brethren 3).

Though you might want to consider that when you have reached that point you may want to look for other skills instead and just keep the flying units far away from archers/snipers/warriors/assassins etc.

Danj

Iote's Shield skill: "Negates user's (flying) type weakness
(Learned by using the Iote's Shield item *2)"

You can get the item for that skill from a DLC (Smash Brethren 3).

Though you might want to consider that when you have reached that point you may want to look for other skills instead and just keep the flying units far away from archers/snipers/warriors/assassins etc.

Doesn't look as if that DLC is out in Europe yet, is there any other thing which can do it that doesn't require that DLC?

Bowbreaker is a must if you don't have Iote's Shield available.

Where do I get that?

Oxx

They're rare, but not unique. Each Hammerne only has one charge, though. So use it wisely.

Thanks.

I don't have a need for it at the moment, but I'm sure the time will come. My over-powered characters are slicing-through the game using steel weapons at the moment.

Sendou

Thanks.

I don't have a need for it at the moment, but I'm sure the time will come. My over-powered characters are slicing-through the game using steel weapons at the moment.

There are weapons that have only one copy in the game (without Infinite Regalia DLC) so if you feel like using it one of those could be a good candidate.

McNum

Thanks.

Yeah, if you have some forged Brave weapon worth an ugly amount of gold, it might be worth using the Hammerne on it, but if you're just using off the shelf weapons, just get a new one.

Speaking of weapon wear and tear, I realized something with a mage avatar. She doesn't get Armthrift unless I take a rather big detour for it. Mercenary is not a good class to dip in for someone whose Str is much worse than her Mag. Unless I do Merc, Mage, Sage or something.

Vortex566

To be honest I am not really strategy person, but I've got the game and I did not regret a single hour I've spent playing this gem.

So true. This is the first strategy RPG I've finished. Something about it made it feel 'right'. Even in defeat, I wanted to carry on, and that's a credit to the developers. Now, should I go back and play the other games in the series?

So true. This is the first strategy RPG I've finished. Something about it made it feel 'right'. Even in defeat, I wanted to carry on, and that's a credit to the developers. Now, should I go back and play the other games in the series?
Well, almost every Fire Emblem game is amazing, so I'd say yes.

Though be mindful, past FE games are not nearly as forgiving as this game. The majority of them a very linear and require much more restraint and planning.

Well, almost every Fire Emblem game is amazing, so I'd say yes.

Though be mindful, past FE games are not nearly as forgiving as this game. The majority of them a very linear and require much more restraint and planning.
well ss is most like this one with free maps for training. I guess he can play the game cube and Wii fireemblem on easy too, they have a easy mode right?

Gvaz

Banned
Thanks.

Use it only on rare or forged weapons you dont want to lose

Anteo

well ss is most like this one with free maps for training. I guess he can play the game cube and Wii fireemblem on easy too, they have a easy mode right?

The localized easy mode is actually the normal mode in the japan version. There is no easy mode.

ffdgh

Nowi is the only one to not bring up his phobia... And by extension the future past1 Nah too. Only happiness according to him lol.

suikodan

Can anyone help me understand this game better? I'm doing OK but I'd like to better manage my crew. I'm at chapter 7 now.

1- How do I know which weapon is better? There are number but I don't really get the grip about them.
2- Is the inventory screen the only place where I can equip stuff?
3- About weapons, what does MT stand for? Also, when you want to buy a weapon, there is sometime a 0 under Equip. Does that mean that the weapon doesn't do any stat change compared to the one equipped?
4- How do I use items? There are some that can change my stats but I don't know where to use them.
5- Where can I see my team's stats?
6- What's the rating for?
7- How can I make money other than selling stuff?
8- Is there a guide online that would explain the stuff above?

Thanks

Top Bottom