• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

massoluk

Banned
Can anyone help me understand this game better? I'm doing OK but I'd like to better manage my crew. I'm at chapter 7 now.

1- How do I know which weapon is better? There are number but I don't really get the grip about them.
2- Is the inventory screen the only place where I can equip stuff?
3- About weapons, what does MT stand for? Also, when you want to buy a weapon, there is sometime a 0 under Equip. Does that mean that the weapon doesn't do any stat change compared to the one equipped?
4- How do I use items? There are some that can change my stats but I don't know where to use them.
5- Where can I see my team's stats?
6- What's the rating for?
7- How can I make money other than selling stuff?
8- Is there a guide online that would explain the stuff above?

Thanks

Just so you know. You CAN touch just about everything on the touch screen for more information.

ffdgh

Can anyone help me understand this game better? I'm doing OK but I'd like to better manage my crew. I'm at chapter 7 now.

1- How do I know which weapon is better? There are number but I don't really get the grip about them.
3- About weapons, what does MT stand for? Also, when you want to buy a weapon, there is sometime a 0 under Equip. Does that mean that the weapon doesn't do any stat change compared to the one equipped?
4- How do I use items? There are some that can change my stats but I don't know where to use them.

Thanks

1. The higher the mt, the stronger it is.
2. No. You can also equip weapons and items while paired up or beside chrom when you select the convoy option.
3. Mt stands for might. The number is added to your strength stat or magic stat depending on the weapon.
4. Click inventory, go to the very last section, look for the item you want to use, select it and press use.
5. Tap the full button in the top right corner of the bottom screen when looking at your characters.
6. It's the sum of all your characters stats added together.
7. If you're playing normal mode, buy reeking boxes to fight risen for bullion(s) and sell them for 1000 gold. You should have plenty if you haven't sold them already.
8. http://serenesforest.net/fe13/

McNum

I'll give it a shot. Here we go.

3 answers 1. Mt is Might which is the attack power of a weapon. That + Stregth (Or Magic) is the raw attack power of your character.

Some items are combat only, and are used with the Item command in battle, but those that aren't can be used in the Inventory screen. Like Stat-up items such as Seraph Robes or class change items like Master Seals.

6 answers 5, partially. On the screen with the rating number, there's a faded out button in the top right of the touch screen that says "FULL". Touch that to switch to full view where you can see all the stats. The rating is simply the sum of those stats.

You don't, unless you have The golden Gaffe DLC. Sell all Bullion items you pick up, though, they're not good for anything else.

Press L on the world map for the ingame guide.

For all the stat crunching you can shake a stick at, there's Serenes Forest.
No problem.

Just started applying Limit Breaker to my core team. I noticed as I applied it to my first unit, their Skill increased by four? So, the game remembers stat gains even though they had already reached the stat cap? That's great!

ffdgh

Yeah since different classes have different caps, it adds what you already technically have to what you couldn't normally have... If that makes sense lol.

How many characters should you focus on levelling up? And is their any specific ones that should take priority?

I'm only in chapter 2 but it keeps adding more and more characters and I don't want to waste EXP on the ones that might end up leaving, or I'm never gonna use

Sendou

How many characters should you focus on levelling up? And is their any specific ones that should take priority?

I'm only in chapter 2 but it keeps adding more and more characters and I don't want to waste EXP on the ones that might end up leaving, or I'm never gonna use

EXP isn't exacly in short supply outside of Lunatic difficulty so just use whoever you wish. You don't have to worry about EXP split really. You will end up with insane amounts of characters and when you're there you will know which to bench and which to take with you. Most you can take to a chapter ever is like 20.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Just started applying Limit Breaker to my core team. I noticed as I applied it to my first unit, their Skill increased by four? So, the game remembers stat gains even though they had already reached the stat cap? That's great!

Your stats are in two separate pools, the stats earned through levels, and the class base stats. In your case, the class base stats + earned stats were higher than the cap due to reclassing, so once the cap increased you got those four extra skill levels back.

So no, you don't actually keep gaining stats once you hit the cap, but your total class + earned stats can be higher than the cap. You just can't make use of those stats.

For the main story only, without grinding, you want to have a core group of about 12-15 characters by the end of the game.

Once you get far enough to get the pre-battle screen just keep focus on a group based on the number you can use in most chapters. Early on it's like 8-10 I think.

Oxx

I summoned some of the Radiant Dawn characters and was quickly reminded how exhilarating it is when your units don't dodge/block every attack.

I didn't lose anyone, but they got some hard shots in.

demidar

Making a fatal mistake but having a lucky 15% dodge/dual guard activate multiple times is the best feeling ever. And the worst when the opposite happens.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Making a fatal mistake but having a lucky 15% dodge/dual guard activate multiple times is the best feeling ever. And the worst when the opposite happens.

Not many gaming feelings worse than when you have a character attack to kill with a 95 hit chance, and they go on to miss and get killed.

EXP isn't exacly in short supply outside of Lunatic difficulty so just use whoever you wish. You don't have to worry about EXP split really. You will end up with insane amounts of characters and when you're there you will know which to bench and which to take with you. Most you can take to a chapter ever is like 20.

For the main story only, without grinding, you want to have a core group of about 12-15 characters by the end of the game.

Once you get far enough to get the pre-battle screen just keep focus on a group based on the number you can use in most chapters. Early on it's like 8-10 I think.

Thanks.

So if I'm reading that right, then no character ever leaves your party (unless they die) and it doesn't really matter which get the EXP?

Sendou

Thanks.

So if I'm reading that right, then no character ever leaves your party (unless they die) and it doesn't really matter which get the EXP?

Only way to get a character to leave is by getting him/her killed, yes. Unless you let one unit hog literally like 80% of EXP you're fine. Prefer your weaker units for EXP if possible. Many will of them pay off later.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks.

Right, no one ever leaves unless they die.

And there is technically unlimited experience since you can grind in this game (world map Risen battles, summon spotpass teams, and DLC). Until chapter 4 or whenever you get the battle prep screen, it doesn't really matter who you use. Once you get to that point you will only be able to use a certain number of characters, and as long as you stick with a core group you shouldn't have to grind.

It doesn't necessarily have to be the early characters, you can add in new additions and drop characters that aren't holding up. Just don't expect to be able to rotate party members in and out at will without having to grind.

demidar

I've finally found a good use for Rift Doors. Use them on the area just before the last story mission and you'll get a merchant with 3 Stat Up items. Obviously it'll be very expensive though but I had about 60000 gold at that point.

ffdgh

I've finally found a good use for Rift Doors. Use them on the area just before the last story mission and you'll get a merchant with 3 Stat Up items. Obviously it'll be very expensive though but I had about 60000 gold at that point.

Same goes for ch 24 and all the spot pass paralogues.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Chapter 24 and 25, and all of the spotpass paralogue shops give you 3 stat ups or a Hammerne staff.

So you should always use Rift Doors on those (and save them if you get them sooner).

You could also do it in any of the SpotPass paralogue missions as well.

demidar

Yeah, a transient merchant carried 3 Stat Up items as well in chapter 25, but good to know the Spotpass paralogues can do the same thing.

Oh man, Paralogue 23.

That's a crazy lot of usable character slots.

It'll feel like a waste to not use them all, but I don't want to train girls yet til I get everyone. ._.

PBalfredo

Man oh man. Future Past 1 does not play around. Every time I think I got that map under control, risen pop up out of the many staircases and kill a child on the same turn, either by shooting through Fire Emblem's quantum walls, rushing in through the cells I've opened or just sniping across the map with Mire.

How do I deal with the reinforcements? They occur sporadically and the stairs are too numerous and spread out to simply occupy without dragging down my offensive.

Right, no one ever leaves unless they die.

And there is technically unlimited experience since you can grind in this game (world map Risen battles, summon spotpass teams, and DLC). Until chapter 4 or whenever you get the battle prep screen, it doesn't really matter who you use. Once you get to that point you will only be able to use a certain number of characters, and as long as you stick with a core group you shouldn't have to grind.

It doesn't necessarily have to be the early characters, you can add in new additions and drop characters that aren't holding up. Just don't expect to be able to rotate party members in and out at will without having to grind.
Cool. I've just been giving all the EXP/Kills to Chrom and the Main Character so far, because they're the only ones I like. Lissa getting some EXP through healing and Frederick teams up with everyone. Hopefully better characters join soon

Oh yeah don't overuse Frederick. He's an exp hog.
I've noticed he's much more powerful than everyone else, despite being a lower level. Nobody can hurt him and he destroys everything in one hit

I've noticed he's much more powerful than everyone else, despite being a lower level. Nobody can hurt him and he destroys everything in one hit

He starts as a Great Knight, which is a promoted class. So his display level might be lower but the game more or less considers him to be at least level 21 and he'll gain less exp due to that.

It's pretty weird how uncommon 2 ranged lances and axes are besides the weakest ones in the shops.

Sure, I could spotpass them but I'm just lazy and just seems odd when half the risen army seems to have them.

ohlawd

To add to Priam's failure, the scrub only sells Short Spears and Axes.

Should have gone all the way and went with 'Hawks and Spears. At least he sells Levin Swords, kinda alleviates the ranged sword problem. Tough luck if your Mag is crap though.

That's not the only problem with the Assassin design.

They got a kickass scarf though.

To add to Priam's failure, the scrub only sells Short Spears and Axes.

Should have gone all the way and went with 'Hawks and Spears. At least he sells Levin Swords, kinda alleviates the ranged sword problem. Tough luck if your Mag is crap though.

Well considering in this game, the solution to a ranged sword is throw the damn thing, I can see why there are so few ranged swords in this game.

Draxal

My problem with Priam is that he should of gotten Barbarian base instead of Fighter as a base class no axefaire qq.

They got a kickass scarf though.

Well considering in this game, the solution to a ranged sword is throw the damn thing, I can see why there are so few ranged swords in this game.

Well it's also the same for spears and axes, swords kinda suffer badly in this fire emblem, the other weapons are just better. As the hit bonus in the game doesn't nearly matter as much.

ohlawd

Ashnard is nice for that, sells both Spears and Tomahawks.

Kinda a pain though. But I can suck it up for Celica and her tome because her weapon is top tier of the top tier.

I can live without Tomahawks and Spears.

Travant and Petrine (both from Other) also sells those in case you didn't know. That's 3 spawns for those weapons.

My problem with Priam is that he should of gotten Barbarian base instead of Fighter as a base class no axefaire qq.

It is pretty annoying to have class paths that both lead the same promoted class, like Fighter and Mercenary, Thief and Myrmidom or Fighter and Barbarian since it leads to less options to chose what class to be.

Man, Fighters get shafted especially if they are paired with Mercenaries or Barbarians. I'm amazed that no one's class sets aren't just Fighter, Mercenary and Barbarian in this game.

Draxal

It is pretty annoying to have class paths that both lead the same promoted class, like Fighter and Mercenary, Thief and Myrmidom or Fighter and Barbarian since it leads to less options to chose what class to be.

Man, Fighters get shafted especially if they are paired with Mercenaries or Barbarians. I'm amazed that no one's class sets aren't just Fighter, Mercenary and Barbarian in this game.

Donnel is almost like that as asides from aptitude pre cap his villager tree isn't great. (I guess you could use underdog as a demon fighter with patience(.

Top Bottom