• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

So in Paralogue 9, is there any way to
catch and kill the dude impersonating Chrom?

LOL at "Pega Pony Princess."

Charge at him and defeat him before he runs away from the map?

Make Chrom into a Paladin or a Bow Knight or pair him up with a mounted unit.

McNum

So I got around to throwing my best of the best at Infinite Regalia. It did have a 4-star difficulty rating, so I figured I should bring my A-game...

Turns out my A-game is... well, not quite as A as I thought. Nowi and Tiki pretty much carried this one. Although seeing Nowi gain ten levels of Manakete in one battle was fun. 80 HP now. Which was good since she got hit down to about... 8 HP due to enemies suiciding against her with Counter. If she hasn't had Lifetaker, and "borrowed" Chrom's Elixir, she'd be dead.

And people FARM this map? My units need more training, and I need more guys with Locktouch because I don't see any repeatable way to get more keys. Unless I do the brute force method of letting the enemy thief take the weapon and then take it off his corpse... At least I need someone with Locktouch who can also join the fight, babysitting Anna was tough.

In any case, first haul was very swordy. Sol Katti, Tyrfing, and Sol.

Does Sol stack with Sol? Or should I give it to someone without the Sol skill? But who'd have Armsthrift, yet not Sol? Sol Katti is probably going to Inigo, he held his own with Morgan in this fight. Not sure any of the other children are badass enough to join this map yet.

How tough is this compared to the other DLC?

Chrom

Does Sol stack with Sol? Or should I give it to someone without the Sol skill? But who'd have Armsthrift, yet not Sol? Sol Katti is probably going to Inigo, he held his own with Morgan in this fight. Not sure any of the other children are badass enough to join this map yet.

How tough is this compared to the other DLC?

The Sol sword's effect is made redundant if you already have the skill equipped. It doesn't stack.

Infinite Regalia is pretty much tougher than anything in Scramble, Champions of Yore, Lost Bloodlines, and Smash Brethren.

McNum

The Sol sword's effect is made redundant if you already have the skill equipped. It doesn't stack.

Infinite Regalia is pretty much tougher than anything in Scramble, Champions of Yore, Lost Bloodlines, and Smash Brethren.
So, I should give Sol to... Olivia? Huh. That actually sounds like an okay idea. If I make her a Dancer again after getting Swordfaire, it'd be good if she had a chance to heal should she be attacked.

Good to know I'm ready for the DLC. So, it's only Future Past and the Challenge series that's harder? And of course, the final one.

I had to break out the good weapons to even hurt these enemies in any significant manner. Valflame, Brave Weapons... Javelins for Morgan, though. She's strong like that. Then she got Book of Naga'd for 55 dam- *Dual Guard!* Thanks Inigo! They can actually S-rank after this one... I'm considering it. It'd be the first pairing of the children, but they're cute together.

So, I should give Sol to... Olivia? Huh. That actually sounds like an okay idea. If I make her a Dancer again after getting Swordfaire, it'd be good if she had a chance to heal should she be attacked.

Be forewarn that the Sol sword will activate like a normal skill so you shouldn't stack it with Astra if you are giving it to Olivia.

Also, mighty impressed that Lon'qu is actually gaining magic. Like respectable amounts of magic. Makes that staff using to good use.

Busaiku

The weapons based on skills are useful for characters when you've occupied their slots with passive skills.
Other than that, they're not really good.
What does it mean when characters pop up on locations of tne overworld map?
Spotpass/Streetpass stuff.
You can battle with them and gain Renown, or buy items from them, or buy the team and get Renown.

McNum

Right... and she does have Astra. And she will keep Astra. Because if there's any special attack that a Dancer should have, it'd be Astra. Not for power, for style.

Well, then I don't really know who to give it to. Unless Chrom or Lucina want it to stack Sol with Aether. But that's overkill...

I had hoped for a Ragnell, I want one for my avatar. Maybe next time.

Grinding nice skillsets for the kids is starting to wear me out. There isn't any point to it atm with the hard DLC so far on the horizon for us Euroboros. I've gotten a good month out of this game so far but I really don't want to stop

Nosgoroth

Yesterday I could finally come back to this, and played chapters 9, 10 and 11. MEIN GOTT.

The music in Chapter 10. The atmosphere. The DAMNED LEVEL UP SOUND INTERRUPTING THE BGM. The enemy characters. Gangrel throwing his life away in the following chapter by attacking Sumia, the fool.

So INCREDIBLY GOOD. I need to go import the soundtrack.

CorvoSol

I'm sending Olivia through Dark Flier atm, and so far things are going well, although I miss Dancer because its the best female class ever. The point in doing this is to make sure Lucina has at least Galeforce.

I was wondering, though: Can Sons inherit Galeforce, too?

Draxal

You have to fly around with L-plates for 15 levels before you can graduate. It blows.

Dark Flier is a fine class for peeps like Lissa and Maribelle. The worst is priest/troubadour Cherche, easy to level but wow she's a horrible priest/troubadour.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I used this for Apotheosis:
Armsthrift
Dual Guard+
Astra
Aggressor
Limit Breaker

Worked out pretty well since I usually bring him out after Cordelia killed someone and activated Galeforce.

Armsthrift
Dual Guard+
Astra
Aggressor
Limit Breaker

Worked out pretty well since I usually bring him out after Cordelia killed someone and activated Galeforce.

Still waiting for those DLC classes, T-T else yes limit breaker XD

PSA: It's Chrom's birthday today

I'm working on making Noire my dark magic spammer. Is there any point of getting her tomefaire when she's almost capping out magic? She's already got Armsthrift, Ignis, Wrath, Vantage, Vengeance.

So how many characters are actually better off being reclassed with a Second Seal?

The only one I can really think of is Panne w/Wyvern Rider (assuming we're only reclassing once).

demidar

I find it strange that FeMorgan doesn't have a support conversation with Lucina.

Just got Sevara with Lon'Qu as her dad. Inherited Galeforce and Swordfaire. The tsundere is strong with this one, and her interactions with Lon'Qu are hilarious, he's whipped.

Draxal

Armsthrift
Dual Guard+
Astra
Aggressor
Limit Breaker

I think with Apotheosis a faire is better than an Astra (or Luna as Luna is >>> Astra), as Cordelia should be your lead unit and your support bot (the avatar in this case) needs to do as much as possible damage in the dual attack phase (since the dual attack isn't affected by Pavise).

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I think with Apotheosis a faire is better than an Astra (or Luna as Luna is >>> Astra), as Cordelia should be your lead unit and your support bot (the avatar in this case) needs to do as much as possible damage in the dual attack phase (since the dual attack isn't affected by Pavise).

I would've changed it to that but swapped him in for the extra defensive phases if/when I wasn't able to clear the parts with the mages in one turn. Since they attack from range if Cordelia is equipped with her lance or up close when she has her bow. I see what you mean though.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
I got so many StreetPasses the other day my map is filled with teams - now i can't enter any shops! I wanna sell stuff!!! Dismissing a team just makes a new team appear.

Macka

I want to play this so much more often than I'm able to, absolutely addicted. Only up to Chapter 9 so far, and wow Stahl sucks. Sully outclasses him in everything except defense, and I wouldn't call her particularly good either. Is he good for anything?

Moonlight

Banned
I want to play this so much more often than I'm able to, absolutely addicted. Only up to Chapter 9 so far, and wow Stahl sucks. Sully outclasses him in everything except defense, and I wouldn't call her particularly good either. Is he good for anything?
He's a good father.

demidar

It's just their way of telling you that MaleMU X Lucina is canon since than they will have supports!

Chrom is okay with his best buddy banging his future daughter. Bestest buds.

Wait a second, wouldn't Morgan be really young then, or grow up in an even shittier world? How old is Lucina? My head hurts.

Jintor

It probably splits the timeline or something, since MU is banging her presumably in this timeline... or... something...

CmdBash

just wondering, what difficulty is everyone playing on?
hard classic gets frustrating at times when my weak units get targeted by multiple enemies :(

demidar

It probably splits the timeline or something, since MU is banging her presumably in this timeline... or... something...

But then Lucina's memories will start fighting each other as she starts remembering the timeline she now comes from from getting with Avatar, and then a little blood comes out her nose.

Top Bottom