• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Chrom

So how do I get access to Paralogues and are character in previous chapters missable?

Most of the Paralogues are unlocked by marrying first generation characters.

There are characters who you can miss if you don't recruit them when they appear, meaning they're lost forever. They're all pretty straightforward to get however, methinks.

Andrew J.

So how do I get access to Paralogues and are character in previous chapters missable?

Paralogues 1-4 and 17 open up with the completion of certain story chapters. 5-16 appear when certain characters get married, although you might not be able to reach them immediately. 18-24 are unlocked with free spotpass downloads, but routes to them will not appear until the second-to-last story mission is beaten.

DR2K

Banned
Most of the Paralogues are unlocked by marrying first generation characters.

There are characters who you can miss if you don't recruit them when they appear, meaning they're lost forever. They're all pretty straightforward to get however, methinks.

So lets say I didn't talk to a character in a certain chapter, does it mean I can't go back to it?

DR2K

Banned
Probably missed Gaius. How could joo?

Yep I missed him. Not really happy about the missable characters thing... oh well second playthrough was going to happen regardless.

I bought a few DLC, do enemies level up with you or is it a set level for enemies?

Calmness

Neo Member
Yep I missed him. Not really happy about the missable characters thing... oh well second playthrough was going to happen regardless.

I bought a few DLC, do enemies level up with you or is it a set level for enemies?

The statistics and levels are set, and most of them are different depending on the difficulty mode.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

You should play the FE on the DS, gotta kill your units to get other units. Fun.

Espada

Is it just me or are the kids ridiculously powerful? My avatar wound up with Nowi and the two Manaketes I got have huge stat bars and green numbers after not too long. Meanwhile a lot of the parents still haven't gotten there.

Jintor

They're meant to be. They start around with stats equiv to a newly-minted promoted unit and have monsterous stat growth

ohlawd

naw they don't.

If you never touched the parents and you get the kid, the kid starts out pretty crap too stat-wise. Just ask my Kellam!Nah and Gregor!Yarne. They started out awfully low since I never touched their parents.

Same with the growths. Some average mumbo jumbo. Margin of error of +/- 10 at most so it's not a huge leap.

Espada

naw they don't.

If you never touched the parents and you get the kid, the kid starts out pretty crap too stat-wise. Just ask my Kellam!Nah and Gregor!Yarne. They started out awfully low since I never touched their parents.

Same with the growths. Some average mumbo jumbo. Margin of error of +/- 10 at most so it's not a huge leap.

The kids' performance depends on how much you used their parents? That makes sense. The kids I'm using belong to parents that I use quite a bit.

Jintor

Right, but if you do use the kids, they turn into monsters real fast that outclass their parents. I mean they equalise eventually but since they start earlier they give more return on xp

ohlawd

yeah my FeMU x Laurent (I capped them both) gave me a Morgan all maxed out right at the start. I had to give him a Limit Breaker right away so he doesn't miss easy stat gains after reclassing to Tactician (cuz who doesn't love that Veteran?)

Espada

What should I do with Morgan and Nah? Should I make them Manaketes or keep them in jobs? I just got Tiki and her level is 20 and she can still level up.

demidar

Leveling is also way easier for children, because they can start with level 25 stats as level 10, get easy stat gains on top of that then get even more when they promote. They don't have the cumulative level experience diminish that their parents have and inherit skills too that would otherwise require reclassing. My Noire grossly outclasses Virion as an archer and Virion's been through Archer, Sniper and partially Bow Knight.

naw they don't.

The base stats are not important. Kids also inherent the max stat modifiers +1, so it doesn't matter if you didn't use their parents much.

The only thing you need to worry about with the kids is passing down skills/jobs that they can't get by themselves.

ohlawd

The base stats are not important. Kids also inherent the max stat modifiers, so it doesn't matter if you didn't use their parents much.

The only thing you need to worry about with the kids is passing down skills that they can't get by themselves.

Just a response to Jintor's post saying kids start out with stats similar to a newly promoted unit.

What I said isn't false but it isn't the full story either I guess.

Just a response to Jintor's post saying kids start out with stats similar to a newly promoted unit.

What I said isn't false but it isn't the full story either I guess.
I think it's important for everyone to know, that besides missing out on certain skills/jobs, no unit in this game can be permanently screwed over. It's actually impossible.

demidar

I think it's important for everyone to know, that besides missing out on certain skills/jobs, no unit in this game can be permanently screwed over. It's actually impossible.

You can if you like sending potential parent to their deaths in Classic. A person can't be more screwed over than not existing.

You can if you like sending potential parent to their deaths in Classic. A person can't be more screwed over than not existing.

Erasing their existence is a little different than choosing the wrong class to become or choosing which pairings to do.

And, not like you can't get expendable units!

GamerSoul

Leveling is also way easier for children, because they can start with level 25 stats as level 10, get easy stat gains on top of that then get even more when they promote. They don't have the cumulative level experience diminish that their parents have and inherit skills too that would otherwise require reclassing. My Noire grossly outclasses Virion as an archer and Virion's been through Archer, Sniper and partially Bow Knight.

Thank you, that's good to know. I was wondering why Lucina was already kicking ass. I'm starting to get some kids now. I got my own family first! MU, Sully, Morgan, and Kjelle :] all have short hair lol. I know for sure I will not be getting most of the children because of who I chose to use but if I wanted to I could, because I didn't kill off everyone . heheh

Also, I used my headphones while playing for the first time the other day and I must say the soundtrack is top-notch.

Oh right forgot to say Paralogue 23 was pretty fun.

I did smash through it with pairing people up and having a giant line of supports and let everything come to me but it was fun.

I guess I'll start marrying the MU to every single girl.

Espada

Guys, I need some help here. After my super-awesome Kjelle I wanted to have Armsthrift on Severa and Gerome. Unfortunately, neither has enough luck (45) and even paired up it doesn't exceed 50.

Is there some way of making up that gap or should I give them something else?

backlot

Guys, I need some help here. After my super-awesome Kjelle I wanted to have Armsthrift on Severa and Gerome. Unfortunately, neither has enough luck (45) and even paired up it doesn't exceed 50.

Is there some way of making up that gap or should I give them something else?

If you get the Limit Break DLC skill it adds 10 to all stat caps. You should be able to get above 50 with anyone then.

I'm not interested in the paid DLC, though. There's no way of doing so in-game?

Pair them up with Lucina or Chrom as a Great Lord. He should give them at least 5 Luck, which would push them over the threshold.

Also, SorSevera with forged Aversa's Night (renamed Orlock because why not), Armsthrift and Vengeance is godlike. GOD. FREAKING. LIKE.

Top Bottom