• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

I started playing this game, it's rather simple but I'm enjoying it a lot. Marriage system sucks, kind of comes out of nowhere and you're trapped in it just like real life.

Sendou

I started playing this game, it's rather simple but I'm enjoying it a lot. Marriage system sucks, kind of comes out of nowhere and you're trapped in it just like real life.

Only Chrom is eager to get some. With others just as long as you don't initiate the S Support conversation they will stay happily a free agent.

luokyl

suck it up homie.

You forgetting we're getting TW101 a month later? Don't even mention Bravely Default.

eff you NoA

Oh sweet, I didn't realise EU is getting Bravely Default this year.

I'm still salty that we still don't have Etrian Oddysey 4. Doesn't even have a release date. Being sub $30 on Play Asia also hurts.

Wiseblade

Oh sweet, I didn't realise EU is getting Bravely Default this year.

I'm still salty that we still don't have Etrian Oddysey 4. Doesn't even have a release date. Being sub $30 on Play Asia also hurts.

We do hae a release date. I'm 99% sure it's coming out August 30th.

Draxal

Man, forged Aversa's Night really is broken. Getting Limit Breakers on Chapter 13.

Horrible people. Yeah, it was great ;_;

Ya, my femmu was able to solo (well had to partner up Chrom because he's a default char) without limitbreaker. It's stupid how powerful it is.

Okay guys, I'm trying to make a good Noire for my Killer Kids file (in which I optimize every second-generation character as well as I possibly can) and I can't decide on a father for her. The only marriageable fathers left are Gregor, Stahl, Fred, Libra and Virion. Who do you think is the best choice (I'm probably going to use Gregor's premium manseed for Yarne, but I just thought I'd throw him in there)?

ffdgh

Yeah give yarne his next best father since he needs him waaay more to be that front line bunny...unless you really want/need that arms thrift forged aversa's night with sol for noire lol.

...some what of a tough choice between the fathers...libra or virion would give her sage access for tomefaire. Stahl would give Astra
Like Gregor.

TWILT

Banned
I would like to waifu Lyn, Tana, or Mia plz.

Me too...
My true FE waifu :x

Okay guys, I'm trying to make a good Noire for my Killer Kids file (in which I optimize every second-generation character as well as I possibly can) and I can't decide on a father for her. The only marriageable fathers left are Gregor, Stahl, Fred, Libra and Virion. Who do you think is the best choice (I'm probably going to use Gregor's premium manseed for Yarne, but I just thought I'd throw him in there)?

Virion or Libra IMO for the sage class.

I second the Libra or Virion suggestion. Libra gives Cleric (for Miracle) and slightly better Magic (1 point) and Defence, while Virion gives Wyvern Rider (two extra Breaker skills) and better Speed.

Chrom

It'd be funny if the EU DLC order gets even more crazy from this point on, like releasing Apotheosis before the Challenge Pack or something.

Still, it's interesting to see it deviating so much like this. It's very unlike the order for NA/JP.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Bahh, why is your father pool so limited Cynthia?! I need to keep Henry as Brady's dad because it's the best and Gaius can't waste his seed on you. Guess I have to give you Frederick, even though I was hoping to give Luna to another unit.

Ya, my femmu was able to solo (well had to partner up Chrom because he's a default char) without limitbreaker. It's stupid how powerful it is.

Yeah, that's what I did. It was insane. Thought she would die since I was just testing it out without expecting to beat the map since she was only capped in magic and luck.

Me too...
My true FE waifu :x

Cherche is sad now man =P

Mia is better though. She's hella top tier.

I'm in the UK, and I have about £7 of left over store credit. What FE DLC is worth it to add to the game for my flight to E3? I've already got the one that was limited time free.

McNum

Wait, we're getting Future Past BEFORE getting Limit Breaker? Who thought that was a good idea?

And Lost Bloodlines and Smash Brethren, you know, the ones with the new classes, are nowhere to be seen yet. I really don't get the EU release schedule...

Draxal

Wait, we're getting Future Past BEFORE getting Limit Breaker? Who thought that was a good idea?

And Lost Bloodlines and Smash Brethren, you know, the ones with the new classes, are nowhere to be seen yet. I really don't get the EU release schedule...

Don't really need limit breaker for them, but limitbreaker does triviliaze fp 12 and 3.

McNum

Don't really need limit breaker for them, but limitbreaker does triviliaze fp 12 and 3.
Lost Bloodlines and Smash Brethren are going to be walkovers after Future Past and having Limit Breaker. How difficult is Future Past, anyway? The hardest DLC we have here yet is Infinite Regalia. A step up from that?

Wonder why we're getting Rogues and Redeemers first. Well, I do have ONE idea why: Ike.

Ike is along with Marth THE faces of Fire Emblem, in large parts due to Smash Bros, so getting Ike out early is probably part of why we're getting RaR. I still wanted Paragon, Dread Fighter, and Bride sooner, though. But I won't say not to Limit Breaker. I can finish my endgame Tiki once I get that. And maybe I can get to fight a proper Ike rather than the one in CoY3 who's a sad excuse for an Ike...

Chrom

I'd say Future Past 1 and Future Past 2 are about even with Infinite Regalia. Future Past 3 I think is more challenging than it, though.

This is kinda off-topic a little, but how many people would be interested in a remake of FE 6/7 with Awakening mechanics and features? I would love to hear voiceovers for Lyn, Eliwood and all of them! :D

With the support mechanics, yeah. Would make grinding supports a whole lot easier. But the whole point of those two games was to strip Fire Emblem of all the features they had been adding through FE5, reducing it to the bare basics in order to make it more accessible to newcomers. Contrast that with Awakening, which put in everything and the kitchen sink... and made it accessible to newcomers.

If they were to put Awakening mechanics in FE6/7, I would go with a playable Tactician (but still silent and in the fourth wall) and the pairing mechanic in FE7 to get kids in FE6.

McNum

I'd say Future Past 1 and Future Past 2 are about even with Infinite Regalia. Future Past 3 I think is more challenging than it, though.
Ah, well, my current team could just exactly do Infinite Regalia without losses, and they've grown stronger since. I'll just make sure to have my Manakete tank Morgan ready to rock by FP3. Maybe get a ton of Limit Breakers first and use it to gain some levels.

Isn't Future Past locked to Hard difficulty, by the way? As in any ambushes get to act immediately?

Draxal

Ah, well, my current team could just exactly do Infinite Regalia without losses, and they've grown stronger since. I'll just make sure to have my Manakete tank Morgan ready to rock by FP3. Maybe get a ton of Limit Breakers first and use it to gain some levels.

Isn't Future Past locked to Hard difficulty, by the way? As in any ambushes get to act immediately?

I think Future Past 1 is quite a bit more difficult than Infinite Regalia. And all dlc except Apotheosis scales with DLC. Supposedly the lunatic version of Future Past 1 adds sorcerors with mires to ping some of the kids (defending the kids is what makes this harder than Infinite Regalia which only annoying part was Warriors with counter on hard).

PBalfredo

Anyone have any advice on how to defend all the kids in Future Past 1? I'm having a problem keeping a lid on which murderous reinforcements are going to pop up where and when.

Busaiku

Anyone have any advice on how to defend all the kids in Future Past 1? I'm having a problem keeping a lid on which murderous reinforcements are going to pop up where and when.

Keep a unit at the entrance of the room and adjacent to the child (with the wall in between).

Espada

Man, Nah and Morgan are completely ridiculous. I have the former as a Manakete who is just flying around killing things with ease, and the latter is a Sorcerer who's abusing Armsthrift to use forged Aversa's Night and Mjolnir. Ignis triggers and critting for 278 on a regular basis? Getting multiple turns? Come on now.

I have to second the notion that Aversa's Night is broken, but I'll toss in Galeforce as well. Both are WAY OP.

Chrom

The answer you're looking for is that, yes, the enemy reinforcements do show up at the beginning of the Enemy Phase in all Future Past maps, regardless of difficulty. However, the difficulty of all Future Past maps scale according to your difficulty mode, so isn't really locked to Hard, as you put it.

Anteo

That feel when all of your characters keep on stealing Donnel's last hits.

*Tries to weaken a character for donnel*
Battle preview: Enemy left with 4hp. 1% chance to crit and kill him instead.
Unit proceds to crit anyways.
4 times in a row.
No more untis left.

=/
The RNG sure knows how to troll

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
Finally got around to doing spotpass maps. I seriously wish I could reject marriage and/or get a divorce. I already, begrudgingly, gave Chrom away, and now I'm stuck on B/A ranks for the men. Why are they all so perfect?

Top Bottom