• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I love mismatch pairs. I married Tharja to Donnel and Henry to Olivia. Trying to figure out who to give Libra away to. I was going to marry Gaius and Miriel, but I changed my mind. The weirder the better.

I enjoy mismatched pairs too.

But... Cordelia x Donnel is not just about mismatch......
..... it just feels wrong.

Moonlight

Banned
Cordelia and Donnel is a bad support who creates a bad Severa. Say no to bad pairings.

My birthday's only ten days after Severa's! I mean, uh, i-it's not like I'm happy about it or anything! Hmph!
On a somewhat related note, Anna's birthday exactly a week for now. I made sure to keep that in mind. Hopefully some birthday art crops up on Pixiv, so I may properly celebrate it.

Jintor

I have to say, I really enjoy the archaic-ish speech that Tiki and Say'ri (and Lucina to some degree) have going on in comparison to some of the more flippant 'light-hearted' dialogue. Tiki especially is proof that even constrained by speech mannerisms you can still write pretty powerful dialogue.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I just can't help but think that Male Morgan was dropped on his head as a kid or something. Every time I look at him I just feel rage and disappointment that something like that came out of my beautiful FeMU and Chrom. Just looking at him pisses me off. WHY DOES HE HAVE TO BE GOOD UNIT?!

I've grown quite attached to my female Morgan who can turn into a killer bunny rabbit.

Guys, what's a good time to attempt the Paralogues? They're all so damn difficult, but I don't want to get all the Future offspring right before the game ends!

Kincaido

Lucina looks funny as a Tactician.

I've grown quite attached to my female Morgan who can turn into a killer bunny rabbit.

Guys, what's a good time to attempt the Paralogues? They're all so damn difficult, but I don't want to get all the Future offspring right before the game ends!

Around Endgame would be best unless you grind like a mad man.

Kincaido

And what Chapter would that be? Also, without spoilers, is there any sort of post-game content for this? Or New Game+?

Right before the final story mission, so after chapter 25. There's no real post-game unless you count the DLC. No New Game+, only your Renown carries over.

NeonZ

Aw so you really only have the children for one chapter? :(

Most of the children's chapters can be finished much earlier than that. Morgan's, Kjelle's, Laurent's and Owain's even still have some unpromoted enemies. You need to be close to that to go through Nah's, Inigo's and Noire's chapters though, with the others somewhere in the middle.

Kincaido

Oh, you were talking about the children's Paralogues? Yeah, you can start them much earlier. I thought you meant the "hidden" characters. Sorry. I usually get them around chapters 18-20.

The only ones that are kinda hard are Severa's and Yarne's imo.

demidar

Oh, you were talking about the children's Paralogues? Yeah, you can start them much earlier. I thought you meant the "hidden" characters. Sorry. I usually get them around chapters 18-20.

Yarne's is great fun, especially when you pick the third option.

Severa's only hard cause she doesn't want you to recruit her.

FSLink

Banned
Speaking of Inigo's map, checked out his map on my Lunatic file since it opened up. God damn, the stats on those enemies...definitely gonna have to do it later, I was able to do it the first time around on Hard.

Fun fact about Inigo's map: it's a copy pasta of a map from Fire Emblem Gaiden on the NES. The map is even located in a very similar location to the original.

I swear, a couple of the other Valm paralogues are also based on Gaiden locales (which is slightly ironic because "paralogue" and "gaiden" mean the same thing).

Kincaido

Severa's only hard cause she doesn't want you to recruit her.

So tsun~

Fun fact about Inigo's map: it's a copy pasta of a map from Fire Emblem Gaiden on the NES. The map is even located in a very similar location to the original.

I swear, a couple of the other Valm paralogues are also based on Gaiden locales (which is slightly ironic because "paralogue" and "gaiden" mean the same thing).

That's interesting. Gaiden is the only one I never played. I wish that they'd remake it since I hear it's not that good.

I wouldn't mind trying out Gaiden if it gets remaked. At this point, it's probably too dated for me to really want to try it and enjoy it.

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
I should call my streetpass team Batman because my units are mainly composed of Dark Knights. It's like it just makes everyone better. Even Ricken was tolerable.

Draxal

From Serenes.

Paralogue 2: The Secret Seller Chapter 4: Dance in the Skies (Genealogy of the Holy War)
Paralogue 6: A Man for Flowers Chapter 4, Duma's Gate (Gaiden)

Paralogue 18: The Dead King's Lament Chapter 1: The Grustian Expedition (Mystery of the Emblem)
Paralogue 20: A Hard Miracle Chapter 1, Ram Valley (Gaiden)

Xenologue: Champions of Yore (all parts) Chapter 1: Marth Embarks (Shadow Dragon)

Xenologue: Lost Bloodlines (all parts) Prologue: Birth of the Holy Knight (Genealogy of the Holy War)

Xenologue: Smash Brethren (all parts) Final Chapter: Light (Fire Emblem)

Xenologue: Rogues and Redeemers (all) Chapter 8: Despair and Hope (Path of Radiance)

That's because
Valm is Valentia from Gaiden. It was renamed sometime after Alm became king.

Kincaido

You guys do know that Aveyn Knight is the creator (or something like that) of Serenes right? I'm sure he knows these things =P

Draxal

You guys do know that Aveyn Knight is the creator (or something like that) of Serenes right? I'm sure he knows these things =P

Ayup, I did know that. But I'll be honest, most admins don't know 100% of their own site because they don't have enough time and they forget shit all the time (which he obviously did there). I can't just leech info from his site without sourcing his site in a direct reply to him :p.

Kincaido

Ayup, I did know that. But I'll be honest, most admins don't know 100% of their own site because they don't have enough time and they forget shit all the time (which he obviously did there). I can't just leech info from his site without sourcing his site in a direct reply to him :p.

Haha, fair enough. I'd forget a lot of information too after a while.

I have to say, I really enjoy the archaic-ish speech that Tiki and Say'ri (and Lucina to some degree) have going on in comparison to some of the more flippant 'light-hearted' dialogue. Tiki especially is proof that even constrained by speech mannerisms you can still write pretty powerful dialogue.

One of the reasons I like Tiki, also a very pleasant wife. And always liked Say'ri and constantly consider her but the infamous lack of supports always gets me. No other S needed but a few more A supports like Tiki gets would have been good.

Oh yea, I didn't raise her. i have trouble raising two healers. i always do. lol

Maribelle is a surprisingly good marriage too. Dials back the snootiness and becomes a welcoming wife (such as nice barracks comments), can give you awesome Brady as son, and she can become a potent magic caster as well as healer.

Sendou

I wish they would have made a Support DLC with plenty of more support conversations. Scramble Pack was great but I grave for more :p

FE X SMT has a potential of having the best support system ever.

McNum

One of the reasons I like Tiki, also a very pleasant wife. And always liked Say'ri and constantly consider her but the infamous lack of supports always gets me. No other S needed but a few more A supports like Tiki gets would have been good.
I recommend getting the Tiki/Anna A support. Easily my favorite support conversation in the game. Pretty much everything Tiki says in that one is pure gold.
Anna learns the hard way why conning an oracle... who is also a dragon... might not be the healthiest business choice. But Tiki does offer a job opening in food services. Meaning she's threatening to eat Anna. And I doubt she's bluffing. Seeing Anna backpedal hard is also funny.

And yes, she makes for a pleasant wife. Just so calm and peaceful.

I recommend getting the Tiki/Anna A support. Easily my favorite support conversation in the game. Pretty much everything Tiki says in that one is pure gold.
Anna learns the hard way why conning an oracle... who is also a dragon... might not be the healthiest business choice. But Tiki does offer a job opening in food services. Meaning she's threatening to eat Anna. And I doubt she's bluffing. Seeing Anna backpedal hard is also funny.

And yes, she makes for a pleasant wife. Just so calm and peaceful.

Indeed. I have Tiki all supported up and her convos with Anna are hilarious.

Moonlight

Banned
Anna's conversations are almost always hilarious, or otherwise well done.

I really can't stop thinking it's a huge shame that she, Tiki, and Say'ri weren't given more attention and allowed more supports. They have some of the best supports in the game, just sad there weren't more of them. The Scramble packs can only fill a void so much.

McNum

Anna's conversations are almost always hilarious, or otherwise well done.

I really can't stop thinking it's a huge shame that she, Tiki, and Say'ri weren't given more attention and allowed more supports. They have some of the best supports in the game, just sad there weren't more of them. The Scramble packs can only fill a void so much.
At least Tiki and Nowi should have had a support. About dragon stuff. Tiki could probably tell Nowi about what happened to the rest of the Manaketes, at least before she fell asleep. And Nowi could give a dragon's eye view of the current world. Maybe Tiki and Chrom, too, since you know, he's the descendent of Marth.

Markun

Yeah, I really wish those three had more supports, especially a Tiki and Nowi support. I also wanted Anna to give birth to a second-gen Anna because why not?

McNum

Hmm, with all the leveling up I've done, I've forgotten to do something with my Avatar.

Male Avatar, Current skills: Veteran, Armsthrift, Sol, Ignis, and Rally Spectrum with Patience and Solidary unequipped. Both Swords and Tomes are A level, but his Strength is much better than his Magic.

I think Veteran is going to be swapped out for Limit Breaker when that's out. But what else can I do with him? Dread Fighter is at least a month away, so Aggressor will have to wait. Rally Spectrum is nice until I get a rallybot, so I'm not sure what's next.

One plan is taking him through Swordmaster for Swordfaire. Not a flashy skill, but nice to have. I want him to end up back at Grandmaster in the end, so whatever skills I'm going for will be a round trip. He'll be paired up with Tiki most of the time.

Got any better ideas? I mean there's the "usual" Aegis/Pavise/Dual Guard+ thing, to try, too. But that's a lot of grinding to get, and some of those classes can't use swords.

Moonlight

Banned
I keep saying this, but a Little Anna would have been the fucking greatest. I just don't know how anyone at IntSys didn't take it was the best idea ever. And no one can tell it wouldn't. Seriously, I would pay any amount of dollars for DLC that gave her a kid. At least FeMorgan is close enough that I can pretend. ;_;

At least Tiki and Nowi should have had a support. About dragon stuff. Tiki could probably tell Nowi about what happened to the rest of the Manaketes, at least before she fell asleep. And Nowi could give a dragon's eye view of the current world. Maybe Tiki and Chrom, too, since you know, he's the descendent of Marth.
I think there was a lot of (lost) potential in Tiki's supports in general. She really adds a really neat perspective to the world, the characters, and the events as they are, and what times she does offer that perspective never fails to add a lot. She's just a really great character (with the best theme) and sadly underutilized.

I love the supports in this game, but my mind really can't do anything but drift to what could have been when I start thinking about them.

Top Bottom