• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

McNum

Now you must take on the ultimate challenge...get all the skills possible with him.
Egads, no. I think he's already capped internally after 20 levels of Tactician, 10 levels of Mercenary, 10 levels of Hero and 17 levels of Grandmaster...

But he only has 71 HP, so he hasn't leveled up THAT much yet. His strength is speed, so he'll make an excellent Swordmaster for 15 levels, but I want to get the magical backup for range back.

Speaking of which, is it possible to buy Levin Swords anywhere? A shop, a Spotpass team, anywhere? One of those would be a nice stopgap until he can be back with tome and sword in hand.

Chrom

Speaking of which, is it possible to buy Levin Swords anywhere? A shop, a Spotpass team, anywhere? One of those would be a nice stopgap until he can be back with tome and sword in hand.

Paralogue/Side Story 23 sells them, but so do guys like Eliwood and Sothe.

Calmness

Neo Member
Egads, no. I think he's already capped internally after 20 levels of Tactician, 10 levels of Mercenary, 10 levels of Hero and 17 levels of Grandmaster...

But he only has 71 HP, so he hasn't leveled up THAT much yet. His strength is speed, so he'll make an excellent Swordmaster for 15 levels, but I want to get the magical backup for range back.

Merchants can sell those at the chapter 11, 16, and 20 locations and at the paralogue 6, 7, 10, 13, and 16 locations.

McNum

Paralogue/Side Story 23 sells them, but so do guys like Eliwood and Sothe.
Eliwood, right. Grabbed an Eliwood's Blade and a Hector's Axe off him, too.

Actually, more in general, who are the SpotPass characters to remember? I assume Celica for Celica's Gale and Eirika for her double hitting C-rank blade. Who else is good to remember?

Chrom

Eliwood, right. Grabbed an Eliwood's Blade and a Hector's Axe off him, too.

Actually, more in general, who are the SpotPass characters to remember? I assume Celica for Celica's Gale and Eirika for her double hitting C-rank blade. Who else is good to remember?

All of the character-named weapons are typically exclusive to their respective owners. Like only Leif gives you Leif's Blade and only Eliwood gives you Eliwood's Blade.

Only Gharnef and Raydrik sell Mire.

I think only Malice sells Imposing Axe.

McNum

What's the point of an Imposing Axe, anyway?

Also, where is Gharnef and Malice from? I think I know the name Gharnef, but I can't remember from what game.

McNum

I can't get the support to upgrade to S! fought like 10 battles with them paired together and it won't change
I assume neither of them already have an S rank? You can only have one.

Are they just paired up or are they actually doing stuff? You have to do at least on fight and something else, a fight, a Dual Guard, or a staff use from one to the other to get enough support points for the battle to count, I believe.

And if nothing else, use one or more Seeds of Trust. That's a quicker way to get support points.

I can't get the support to upgrade to S! fought like 10 battles with them paired together and it won't change

Do you have a S support already? A character can only have 1 S support.

Otherwise, there's a cap on support points a pair can gain per map.

What's the point of an Imposing Axe, anyway?

Also, where is Gharnef and Malice from? I think I know the name Gharnef, but I can't remember from what game.

It looks massive.

Gharnef's from Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem. Malice is from BS Fire Emblem and the Mystery of the Emblem remake.

I assume neither of them already have an S rank? You can only have one.

Are they just paired up or are they actually doing stuff? You have to do at least on fight and something else, a fight, a Dual Guard, or a staff use from one to the other to get enough support points for the battle to count, I believe.

And if nothing else, use one or more Seeds of Trust. That's a quicker way to get support points.

Do you have a S support already? A character can only have 1 S support.

Otherwise, there's a cap on support points a pair can gain per map.

Yes they already have an S rank.

That's horrible that they would only let you max out 1, it means your support list will never be complete and you're always going to have blank spaces. I can't believe they left this in the game

Ayup, I did know that. But I'll be honest, most admins don't know 100% of their own site because they don't have enough time and they forget shit all the time (which he obviously did there). I can't just leech info from his site without sourcing his site in a direct reply to him :p.

Well, I do forget all the numerical stuff, by other stuff I'm pretty good at remembering.

The familiar maps I was thinking of aren't actually listed on my site because they're not identical in design.

However, Sage's Hamlet kind of resembles... Sage's Hamlet (or whatever it's called in the translation patch) and Mila Shrine Ruins reminds me of the Mila Shrine in the Lost Woods.

(I really get an Ocarina of Time -> Twilight Princess feeling with these two places.)

Yes they already have an S rank.

That's horrible that they would only let you max out 1, it means your support list will never be complete and you're always going to have blank spaces. I can't believe they left this in the game

S rank is for when you get married though and you can only marry once : P

Jawmuncher

I'm having way to much fun playing match maker in FE. I'm currently just matching people up so I can get all the future kids. Only have 2 couples left to do out of my current roster.

Well, I do forget all the numerical stuff, by other stuff I'm pretty good at remembering.

The familiar maps I was thinking of aren't actually listed on my site because they're not identical in design.

However, Sage's Hamlet kind of resembles... Sage's Hamlet (or whatever it's called in the translation patch) and Mila Shrine Ruins reminds me of the Mila Shrine in the Lost Woods.

(I really get an Ocarina of Time -> Twilight Princess feeling with these two places.)

S rank is for when you get married though and you can only marry once : P
Well maybe they could remove the other S rank for characters once they get married. But they leave it there, all dark and out of place, trying to trick you into believing it can be done.

Even if they made it turn into "BFF" rather than "Lover"
Deadpandas is the true pioneer of love.
They should put a Yoshi rider class in the next game, I think that would be cool.

Mario Emblem

Anteo

Well maybe they could remove the other S rank for characters once they get married. But they leave it there, all dark and out of place, trying to trick you into believing it can be done.

Even if they made it turn into "BFF" rather than "Lover"
They should put a Yoshi rider class in the next game, I think that would be cool.

Mario Emblem

Well we know that you can pretty much ride anything in FE, as Gaiuis said: Panneraider

Well we know that you can pretty much ride anything in FE, as Gaiuis said: Panneraider

The Pegasus are cool, of course. Wyverns are there and the horse too. But they need some more - armoured elephants and pandas for land battle, the elephant can be like a horse rider but with more strength +defence and less movement and speed.

Whales and kraken for sea battle

Finalow

mh guess I have to grind. Walhart stage kills at least one chara from the main party (aka the one I use every fight) before I can even reach him.

javac

Okay so this isn't going to be easy to answer but here it goes. To follow up on what I said earlier, to which I should thank the people that helped me! Should I just let my team members level up to 20 and then master seal from there since I'm a noob with anything regarding seals or is there a general rule of thumb? Thanks!

Okay so this isn't going to be easy to answer but here it goes. To follow up on what I said earlier, to which I should thank the people that helped me! Should I just let my team members level up to 20 and then master seal from there since I'm a noob with anything regarding seals or is there a general rule of thumb? Thanks!

Rule of thumb to level them to 20 before master sealing unless they already started to max everything before hand.

LOL I just got to the point in the game where You get the choice for
sacrificing Emmeryn
, I was enjoying the cutscene and then BAM!

I don't know what to do :'(

EDIT:
That was a fake choice wasn't it

Yeah I kind of figured they wouldn't let me change the story that early in the game.

Also is it just my Stahl or is he just really slow by nature. He's also pretty boring so I don't think I'll use him anymore.

ohlawd

Yeah I kind of figured they wouldn't let me change the story that early in the game.

Also is it just my Stahl or is he just really slow by nature. He's also pretty boring so I don't think I'll use him anymore.

yah he sucks but I gotta thank him for giving Luna to Severa. He grows defensively too. Get Sully to replace him.

Teknoman

I know Fire Emblem has always had the permadeath feature, but does anyone really roll with permadeaths? I mean since you can save before a battle, the majority of people just reset right?

Playing Hard/Classic right now, and it does suck to lose someone right at the end of a fight.

I kinda wish there was some auto-save so I couldnt reset lol. Maybe I should just suck it up, and play the way it's "meant" to be played.

I know Fire Emblem has always had the permadeath feature, but does anyone really roll with permadeaths? I mean since you can save before a battle, the majority of people just reset right?

Playing Hard/Classic right now, and it does suck to lose someone right at the end of a fight.

I kinda wish there was some auto-save so I couldnt reset lol. Maybe I should just suck it up, and play the way it's "meant" to be played.

Meh, I don't know anyone who does just 'roll' with permadeaths. It takes a lot of fun out of it if you lose a lot of your favorite characters, and I'd imagine the game gets unbearably hard by the end if you've lost too many characters :p

Besides, it doesn't change how careful you are with your units. I've backed out of killing an enemy with a 80% hit chance because there's a sliver of a chance he might kill my unit. Resetting a chapter and losing any great level-ups you might've had are punishment enough for me.

I'm also playing hard/classic, and it gets easier to not get your units murdered the farther you get. I'm just at chapter 10 though.

He's very physically tank-y.

Just keep him away from magic users.

yah he sucks but I gotta thank him for giving Luna to Severa. He grows defensively too. Get Sully to replace him.

Oh yeah that too. He has a RES of 1, so basically keep him away from magic and anything fast. I love baby-ing fucking tanks. My Sully basically has him beat at everything but Strength and HP, of which only strength does Stahl lead her by a wide margin.

Oh yeah that too. He has a RES of 1, so basically keep him away from magic and anything fast. I love baby-ing fucking tanks. My Sully basically has him beat at everything but Strength and HP, of which only strength does Stahl lead her by a wide margin.

Fast isn't really a big deal if he can tank it. Just fast magic users so like a Levin Sword using Trickster would be the death of him. Though, with how hard it is for physical units to gain res in this game, it could be the death of most of them.

Teknoman

Meh, I don't know anyone who does just 'roll' with permadeaths. It takes a lot of fun out of it if you lose a lot of your favorite characters, and I'd imagine the game gets unbearably hard by the end if you've lost too many characters :p

Besides, it doesn't change how careful you are with your units. I've backed out of killing an enemy with a 80% hit chance because there's a sliver of a chance he might kill my unit. Resetting a chapter and losing any great level-ups you might've had are punishment enough for me.

I'm also playing hard/classic, and it gets easier to not get your units murdered the farther you get. I'm just at chapter 10 though.

Thats true. I had Lon-qu on a roll. Two great level ups, and one wrong mistake later...reset lol.

GamerSoul

I should've raised olivia :/ she seems like a great unit but they're so many damn good ones. I was atleast trying to get her son Inigo iirc so I'm trying to pair her up with Fred. The first convo was pretty interesting.

Fast isn't really a big deal if he can tank it. Just fast magic users so like a Levin Sword using Trickster would be the death of him. Though, with how hard it is for physical units to gain res in this game, it could be the death of most of them.

That's true I guess. I've decided to give him another shot
mostly because I realized my female:male ratio was 2:1.

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
So... Am I the only one who has a small issue with flawlessly beautiful women existing in times of war? You have rough men like Gregor and character models with actual facial hair. But the girls are just so perfect. Same goes for any game where there isn't that one who looks like she's seen better days. FE is still a great game and all, but that just get's very distracting. Same with Flavia and Basilio being the only people with brown skin in the entire universe.

So... Am I the only one who has a small issue with flawlessly beautiful women existing in times of war? You have rough men like Gregor and character models with actual facial hair. But the girls are just so perfect. Same goes for any game where there isn't that one who looks like she's seen better days. FE is still a great game and all, but that just get's very distracting. Same with Flavia and Basilio being the only people with brown skin in the entire universe.

It's kind of funny how Aversa both has brown skin and looks like she just finished her shift at the strip club before walking onto the battlefield. She supports one point while disproving the other!

GamerSoul

I don't think he comes back. I loved that recruiting talk. lol

Do be sure to give her gale force before you play inigo's map. Olivia is quite good.

Okay i'll try to refrain. I've already unlocked the map didn't take as long as I though it would.

That's true I guess. I've decided to give him another shot
mostly because I realized my female:male ratio was 2:1.

Heh, mine is about the same. I favor sword users above all so most of the axe guys get ignored.

Eh, I'm use to the flawless beauties. lol. I'll admit some of their wardrobe isn't the most practical but I'm not complaining. We could've used a Vaida or something. You can say Sully is a little less of a "beauty" but you would be wrong :p. And there's hasn't been a lot of brown skin characters in all of FE, iirc. There was one in PoR, I didn't really use him because the lure of Nephenee was too much. Its medieval setting would be a reason but I don't think they put much thought in diversifying.

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
Its medieval setting would be a reason but I don't think they put much thought in diversifying.

True, however, I'm surprised and disappointed it wasn't an option for customization. I think Morgan is the only kid who doesn't have a confession image, so seeing him/her with lightly tanned skin would have been cute.

Top Bottom