• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

GamerSoul

True, however, I'm surprised and disappointed it wasn't an option for customization. I think Morgan is the only kid who doesn't have a confession image, so seeing him/her with lightly tanned skin would have been cute.

When I first saw the customization options I thought they were going to add a few skin shades also. I mean even Pokemon will have it now :3

Markun

I've been taking my time getting the kids right now. Life and the Project x Zone demo is taking up my time (I'm addicted to critical hits, okay?) I've only managed to get Kjelle and Laurent so far. I've finished their parents supports so far and I've just started the Kjelle + Owain support conversations. My small thoughts on them.

Kjelle - Donny's hair color matches her perfectly. Seriously, her hair is perfect in that color. I enjoyed the supports she had with her parents, although she loses cool points for being a jerk to bestest son. Also, I just realized I made a family of bad cooks. What have I DONE?!

Laurent - Male Miriel. I wish Laurent picked up Gregor's speaking style but now we have two walking encyclopedias in the army. It was really interesting to see the backstory of how Laurent got there in the father support and his support with Miriel is about what I expected. It was nice to see not-so-rigid Miriel though.

CorvoSol

I've been taking my time getting the kids right now. Life and the Project x Zone demo is taking up my time (I'm addicted to critical hits, okay?) I've only managed to get Kjelle and Laurent so far. I've finished their parents supports so far and I've just started the Kjelle + Owain support conversations. My small thoughts on them.

Kjelle - Donny's hair color matches her perfectly. Seriously, her hair is perfect in that color. I enjoyed the supports she had with her parents, although she loses cool points for being a jerk to bestest son. Also, I just realized I made a family of bad cooks. What have I DONE?!

Laurent - Male Miriel. I wish Laurent picked up Gregor's speaking style but now we have two walking encyclopedias in the army. It was really interesting to see the backstory of how Laurent got there in the father support and his support with Miriel is about what I expected. It was nice to see not-so-rigid Miriel though.

Laurent is my absolute least favorite child. If Nowi and Sumia didn't exist, Miriel would likely be my least favorite mother, too.

Laurent has pretty much the saddest backstory out of all of the kids though. He deserves some respect for that alone.

For the record:

Best mothers: Olivia, Maribelle, Tharja

Best fathers: Gaius, Donnel, Gregor

Best daughters: Lucina, Morgan, Cynthia

Best sons: Brady, Yarne, Owain

CorvoSol

Best Best: Gregor
Best Russian: Gregor
Best Sellsword: Gregor
Best husband for all ladies but especially Panne: Gregor
Best Carrot top: Gregor
Best Character: Gregor
Best Gregor: Gregor

Good grieving.

EDIT: Shut up, Yarne is hilarious and is the third-best Berserker in the game after two incredibly overpowered characters.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Just posting that I made sure, WHILE AT WORK, that I turned on Fire Emblem today to cash in on Donnel's Birthday Bonus.

Fucking game...

CLEEK

During my first play through, I couldn't face pairing Gregor up with a female character, due to how him and Ricken had bonded and were my most bad-ass pairing. Those two fuckers destroyed everything, and Gregor was an utter beast.

Talking about Yarne. Gregor is boss man

tumblr_mjxlf9JZi31rbzj7zo1_500.jpg

GamerSoul

Random but Noire X Owain supports so far are pretty great. She seems "normal" around him AND is not annoyed by his banter. I didn't think that was possible lol. I think Owain was even caught off gaurd.

Laurent is still better than TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN KILL ALL THE WEAKLINGS IN THE ARMY Kjelle.

Nah, Laurent is too much like his mum. i never gave him a chance nor did I want to. Kjelle is a beast and she knows it. She's like Sully x5. Dah Future Trunks of FE.

ffdgh

Ahh the hate for the best son hurts...oh well the bunny is still da best.

Woo beat the "easy" route of apotheosis. So much thinking and movement planning X_X.

I'm almost afraid to try the hard route...for another day or 3.

Ahh the hate for the best son hurts...oh well the bunny is still da best.

Woo beat the "easy" route of apotheosis. So much thinking and movement planning X_X.

I'm almost afraid to try the hard route...for another day or 3.

People are just jealous 'cause he's got sharp, pointy teeth.

CorvoSol

Cordelia number 1. You are a good person.

Cordelia has to be number one.

Also, it occurs to me that if Sumia doesn't marry Chrom, she sounds just as hung up on him as Cordelia does, what with her saying "My love" to Chrom when he's a married dude and all. Sumia remains worst girl.

And best son to me remains Owain. He'll later become Golbez and his sword hand will steal that right before Cecil's eyes.

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
Sumia will never have children, nor do I particularly care for her kid. Frederick will be forever alone, and aside from Chrom, all her supports are already married in my unit. The lack of supports actually makes her look shallow. At least Say'ri is understandable since she's pretty much an Amazon.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Cordelia has to be number one.

Also, it occurs to me that if Sumia doesn't marry Chrom, she sounds just as hung up on him as Cordelia does, what with her saying "My love" to Chrom when he's a married dude and all. Sumia remains worst girl.

And best son to me remains Owain. He'll later become Golbez and his sword hand will steal that right before Cecil's eyes.

Yes, there are so many people that give mai waifu a hard time even though there are other female characters say things like that.

I will agree that Owain is the best son.

Kincaido

Fucking Sumia and your limited supports. I wanted to give someone else Luna! Gaius can't waste his seed on you and Henry NEEDS to be Brady's dad.

CorvoSol

Cynthia and Sumia don't deserve such horrible treatment!

Then maybe they should stop being such horrible characters? I'd take Kjelle over a girl who can't even correctly identify a man who could have been her father.

I never allow Henry to breed. I hate him too much to let that happen. I'm giving Gaius a chance this file, though.

CorvoSol

I got Sumia up to A rank with Chrom, realized she had no chemistry with him and no character at all, and foisted her on Frederick. I'm trying to make it up to poor Fred this go around.

Dresden

I dunno, Sumia feels like a perfect fit for Chrom. Dude is so dull he can't even see Cordelia right in front of him. At that point he deserves Sumia.

Solune

Random but Noire X Owain supports so far are pretty great. She seems "normal" around him AND is not annoyed by his banter. I didn't think that was possible lol. I think Owain was even caught off gaurd.

Nah, Laurent is too much like his mum. i never gave him a chance nor did I want to. Kjelle is a beast and she knows it. She's like Sully x5. Dah Future Trunks of FE.

Laurent is much more willing to display his affection for everyone in the camp if you took the time to notice.

Kincaido

Laurent is alright. He actually has a human side. I liked his support with Male Avatar.

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
Sumia just seems so generic to me. Pretty, sweet face. Long hair. And apparently is a descendent of a Disney Princess due to her "ability" with animals. Not to mention she has eyes on the prince to boot. Yeah no thanks. Olivia starts off even weaker and just bumbles around, but unlike Sumia, I grew to like her a lot. Plus she has a better ability, making grown men cry.

Kjelle suffers badly from the godawful-armors-of-Fire-Emblem-Awakening (tm). Goddamn the heavy armors are incredibly ugly in this game.

This is why I class change anyone wearing it and never change into any class that has it. I especially hate that one launch attack. You know the one where whoever does it ends up skidding in the dirt. So unrefined.

I'm very LTTP on this, but this is the best Fire Emblem game I've ever played. Light years ahead of the others (that I've played, anyway). Also, anyone know where I can get King Gengrel's song from chapter 11? Great song!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm very LTTP on this, but this is the best Fire Emblem game I've ever played. Light years ahead of the others (that I've played, anyway). Also, anyone know where I can get King Gengrel's song from chapter 11? Great song!
You better have only played the GBA ones or we're going to have a problem.

Moonlight

Banned
I think the real tragedy concerning Kjelle's character design (her character is just a tragedy period) is that her original illustration depicted her in far sleeker, far more visually attractive armour versus the goofy knight's armour that we got.

Behold.

I'd probably be a tad more inclined towards the character if she actually looked more like this.

Top Bottom