• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

demidar

I really don't like the Knight and General armour design. it's so top heavy and it looks ridiculous on models that DON'T HAVE FEET.

Would've preferred if they looked like Walhart's armour but less ornate and more fitting.

Jintor

I fucking love the old school sprite general design

General_animation.gif

SuperSah

Banned
Hey guys.

I bought this game on Sunday only to qualify for my free NoE promotional game which is ACNL.

I literally cannot motivate myself to play this game. I'm on chapter 2 and I WANT to play, I just can't bring myself to..

Tips?

Sendou

Hey guys.

I bought this game on Sunday only to qualify for my free NoE promotional game which is ACNL.

I literally cannot motivate myself to play this game. I'm on chapter 2 and I WANT to play, I just can't bring myself to..

Tips?

Uh, play more? You're still playing the tutorial chapters, you know.

Or don't play. If you really want to play you will. If you don't then do something else instead.

Hey guys.

Tips?

You're not struggling are you? What kind of tips are you looking for?

SuperSah

Banned
You're not struggling are you? What kind of tips are you looking for?

Yeah, sort of. I don't particularly understand the battle system. This is actually my first ever strategy RPG.

So you move things around a map, attack etc. But what do I need to know? Or does it explain it more as I go along?

Sendou

Probably just don't feel motivated enough. I'll just play it anyway.

You have only scrathed the surface. We're talking about the best game on the 3DS yet. Best SRPG in years. Play for at least 5 chapters or so to make up your mind.

Yeah, sort of. I don't particularly understand the battle system. This is actually my first ever strategy RPG.

So you move things around a map, attack etc. But what do I need to know? Or does it explain it more as I go along?

Everything is explained as you move forward in the game. Press A while in battle and then choose "Guide" to access previous lessons. Also the digital manual can be your friend :p

SuperSah

Banned
You have only scrathed the surface. We're talking about the best game on the 3DS yet. Best SRPG in years. Play for at least 5 chapters or so to make up your mind.

I think it's more of intimidation. A lot to manage on it.
Maybe because i've never played this kind of game before.

Well, i'm off to play :3

Jintor

I loved the General's axe because it's dumb as hell. Who'd actually use an axe that way? The physics would seriously screw you over. But it looks cool as fuck, and that's what matters

Sendou

I loved the General's axe because it's dumb as hell. Who'd actually use an axe that way? The physics would seriously screw you over. But it looks cool as fuck, and that's what matters

I'm not sure how would you even fight with a battleaxe if you're wearing that much armor :p You have to cheat with physics a little to make it even believable (as in wow that might actually hurt).

I do agree that battle sprites must return. Why not make sprite based FE's on handhelds and 3D Fire Emblems on home consoles?

Oxx

A few of my characters have been switching-around through multiple class-changes/promotions and are seeing very few stat increases.

Are they doomed to life in the slow-lane? Should I just retire them until limit-breaker dlc is released?

Sendou

A few of my characters have been switching-around through multiple class-changes/promotions and are seeing very few stat increases.

Are they doomed to life in the slow-lane? Should I just retire them until limit-breaker dlc is released?

Depends on how many maxed stats (green) they have. If many then you should consider that they do tend to hog EXP from other units and level ups don't benefit them.

Does each character have a pre-defined maximum for each stat? Or can they be raised in some way?

Also, is it possible to use a second seal on someone like Vaike to a base class with decent resistance, level him up, then switch back to an axe weilding mad man who's less vulnerable to magic?

Oxx

Depends on how many maxed stats (green) they have. If many then you should consider that they do tend to hog EXP from other units and level ups don't benefit them.

I'm just before the end-game now, so I should probably finish the main-game and wait until more dlc/bonus content is out before sweating too much.

Sendou

Does each character have a pre-defined maximum for each stat? Or can they be raised in some way?

Also, is it possible to use a second seal on someone like Vaike to a base class with decent resistance, level him up, then switch back to an axe weilding mad man who's less vulnerable to magic?

Yeah it depends on the class and the character in question. Limit Breaker skill (from Rogues and Redeemers 3 DLC) also raises skill cap by 10 per skill (with the exception of HP). Use this.

Well he might get resistance skill points quicker in some other class but in the end the cap is the same. I wouldn't recommend going to other classes except for skills and obviously if you want the character to end up as that class.

Thanks sir; serenesforest is blocked for me in work so I'll have a wee look at that later. I'm only on Chapter 11 of the story. I ought to just play the game and stop stressing that I might not be playing it the best way.

I just discovered while on Chapter 10 that I can summon all these other characters to the world and level up. Madness. I feel like I'm cheating.

Calmness

Neo Member

The lowest amount of experience gain I've seen in Lunatic/Lunatic+ was 8 points per kill without Veteran. If they are that slow or anywhere near that speed while having statistics above their base class maximums, they will probably not gain statistics much faster.

One of the faster ways to train characters without downloadable content is to do skirmishes on the Chapter 17 stage. Since there is only one opening next to the starting area, most or all of the experience could go to one character. There are also safe ways for weaker characters to train on that stage. They could attack from long range behind the walls, and characters that they're paired up with could finish the opponents. One way to get the money for that is to have someone with high enough luck, Armsthrift, and a Leif's Blade get some of the kills.

Oxx

I don't really know what I'm grinding for anyway. I'm reasonably sure I can destroy the end-game right now, so it's not a huge problem that my characters are a bit static.

I have around £50 on the eshop, so I suppose I'm just gonna have to wait for some of the more challenging dlc.

Draxal

Fucking Sumia and your limited supports. I wanted to give someone else Luna! Gaius can't waste his seed on you and Henry NEEDS to be Brady's dad.

Doesn't have to be Ricken works well for Brady, Henry is a great dad for Cynthia due to her being heavily magic orientated already.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Doesn't have to be Ricken works well for Brady, Henry is a great dad for Cynthia due to her being heavily magic orientated already.

I decided to just make Libra Brady's dad since it's good enough for what I want. The blonde hair helps make it a bit easier too. So now Fred can be Inigo's dad and Henry can be Cynthia's.

Oxx

65 hours to complete the main game (actually 72 hours according to the log).

I did far too much grinding. I only got hit twice in the endgame chapter. Only have myself to blame, though.

Jawmuncher

Looks like I'm missing one more future kid. Didnt think I had to get chrom a S rank with Sumia to get the other. Also Morgan having link hair because my wife was the dancer is a nice touch.

EDIT: Whoa hold up Libra is a dude?
I had no clue. I thought it was iffy he had S ranks for almost all the females. I figured Nintendo wouldn't put same sex relationships in the game.

Anteo

Looks like I'm missing one more future kid. Didnt think I had to get chrom a S rank with Sumia to get the other. Also Morgan having link hair because my wife was the dancer is a nice touch.

EDIT: Whoa hold up Libra is a dude?
I had no clue. I thought it was iffy he had S ranks for almost all the females. I figured Nintendo wouldn't put same sex relationships in the game.

Your reaction is the same as Chrom in the chapter Libra joins.
And what's that about Sumia? You get
Lucina who is tied to Chrom
and
Cynthia who is tied to Sumia, you can get her even if she isn't married to Chrom

Question: Is it possible for me to pair up a male future child with a first gen female and still get her offspring (for example, Tharja and Yarne)?
I'm afraid I killed a few too many of the first gen males.

Markun

Question: Is it possible for me to pair up a male future child with a first gen female and still get her offspring (for example, Tharja and Yarne)?

I'm afraid you're out of luck there unless you're playing as a female avatar. Only a female avatar can marry a second-gen male and still have a child.

Edit: An assailant from the dark has beaten me! What manner of being are you?!

Parents with parents only.

The only thing you can do is marry the MC with a second gen child and produce a third gen Morgan!

Anteo

Nope, since the kids can only support with eachother. (Except for MU who can support anyone)

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
Man, everyone who gets kids are a bunch of cheaters. I wouldn't mind a kid if I automatically got them when they were 15-19. No long nights listening to a baby scream for hours. No diaper messes. No illnesses. Just "bamf" here's your nearly grown child. Would you like a complementary fruit basket as well?

Jawmuncher

Your reaction is the same as Chrom in the chapter Libra joins.
And what's that about Sumia? You get
Lucina who is tied to Chrom
and
Cynthia who is tied to Sumia, you can get her even if she isn't married to Chrom

It's been awhile since I played that chapter. I must've been reading to fast or accidentally skipped it. As for Sumia I was talking about
cynthia because I believe you get Lucina regardless and Cynthia only if those 2 have a S rank right. Since their relationship is at like a B ATM

Oxx

Man, everyone who gets kids are a bunch of cheaters. I wouldn't mind a kid if I automatically got them when they were 15-19. No long nights listening to a baby scream for hours. No diaper messes. No illnesses. Just "bamf" here's your nearly grown child. Would you like a complementary fruit basket as well?

They get screaming babies and moody teenagers. The worst of both worlds.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Baby-Sitting Mama - Fire Emblem edition

Top Bottom