• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

McNum

Hm, I'm finishing up my Nah who's going to be a more offensively specced Manakete, but I have a little bit of a dilemma here. She just got Galeforce, so she's about to use a Second Seal to pick up her final skill, which should be a defensive or self heal skill. And with Donnel as her father, it comes down to two skills: Sol (Hero 5) or Renewal (War Cleric 15).

Which should i go for? Renewal is probably the most reliable skill of the two, but for an offensive Galeforce Manakete, Sol would probably trigger a lot, too. Sol only requires five more levels in Hero before i can Second Seal her back to Manakete 1, but Renewal is 15 War Cleric levels, which can be Rescue spammed, of course.

Got any opinions? I'm probably leaning towards Renewal, really. It always works.

Anteo

Hm, I'm finishing up my Nah who's going to be a more offensively specced Manakete, but I have a little bit of a dilemma here. She just got Galeforce, so she's about to use a Second Seal to pick up her final skill, which should be a defensive or self heal skill. And with Donnel as her father, it comes down to two skills: Sol (Hero 5) or Renewal (War Cleric 15).

Which should i go for? Renewal is probably the most reliable skill of the two, but for an offensive Galeforce Manakete, Sol would probably trigger a lot, too. Sol only requires five more levels in Hero before i can Second Seal her back to Manakete 1, but Renewal is 15 War Cleric levels, which can be Rescue spammed, of course.

Got any opinions? I'm probably leaning towards Renewal, really. It always works.

Do you have any other active skill? If yes, then Renewal, if not, get both =P

McNum

Do you have any other active skill? If yes, then Renewal, if not, get both =P
Sol is actually the only activation skill she can get. She has the Manakete, Mage, Troubadour, Wyvern, Pegasus, and Mercenary sets.

For her final five it'd be... Limit Breaker (in a few weeks), Galeforce, Underdog, and then. two picks from Swordbreaker, Sol, Renewal, and Deliverer.

Deliverer might actually be pretty neat here. More speed since she'd be up front in a pair-up.

McNum

I keep forgetting Dual Support+. It's basically a free +10-20% Critical, (and other buffs) isn't it?

That... might actually be exactly what her pair up Berserker Yarne wants, come to think of it.

At least Nah will be a better Valkyrie than Cherche was. That was just sad...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
There's not really any reason for anyone to fight as a Valkyrie since you can rescue grind through it. It's basically just a sage with worse stats but better movement.

Reclassing improved a ton in this game, but one thing I would do to make it a little better would be to give different characters different affinity with classes. So Maribelle might get a better bonus as a Valkyrie than Lissa, but Lissa might get a better bonus as a Sage. Just as an example.

Markun

Are you sure you want to keep Underdog permanent on Nah? I'm asking because it seems like it probably wouldn't help her out much in the harder DLC, even if her final class is a Manakete. Maybe you could replace it with another skill. I'm not an expert when it comes to making builds for characters though so yeah. I just wanted to ask you that.

Draxal

Are you sure you want to keep Underdog permanent on Nah? I'm asking because it seems like it probably wouldn't help her out much in the harder DLC, even if her final class is a Manakete. Maybe you could replace it with another skill. I'm not an expert when it comes to making builds for characters though so yeah. I just wanted to ask you that.

It works since her final class will be a manakete which maxes out at 30 and apotheosis enemies will be 40.

Is it the best skill in the game no, but she'd be a great Anna tank with that and lancebreaker.

Her skill selection isn't the best otherwise.

There's not really any reason for anyone to fight as a Valkyrie since you can rescue grind through it. It's basically just a sage with worse stats but better movement.

Reclassing improved a ton in this game, but one thing I would do to make it a little better would be to give different characters different affinity with classes. So Maribelle might get a better bonus as a Valkyrie than Lissa, but Lissa might get a better bonus as a Sage. Just as an example.

Yeah, I'm really gimping myself in my game by having Maribelle as a valk when her much better final class is a sage. It's also the same with other characters like keeping Yarne as a Taguel (I really should have him as a berserker).

GamerSoul

I feel like I'm nearing the end in a couple of chapters and I don't want to. Lol. My next playthrough is going to be very different from this one. I'm think of focusing on like 10 units thoughout the game. I don't like having larger armies.

McNum

I would have passed down another skill if i didn't have plans for Underdog. The basic idea is, well, as Draxal says:

It works since her final class will be a manakete which maxes out at 30 and apotheosis enemies will be 40.

Is it the best skill in the game no, but she'd be a great Anna tank with that and lancebreaker.

Her skill selection isn't the best otherwise.
Except Nah's breaker skill is Swordbreaker in this case. The idea being that she can fly around in enemy territory and not give a damn, because the only weapon that's a danger to her is a Book of Naga. Otherwise, if you're not stat capped, she doesn't care. And she'll be using her "underdog" advantage a lot. Did you know you can Second Seal Manakete into Manakete? Level 1 Manakete, all stats capped is possible. Completely overkill.

I have a different unit in mind for an Anna tank. That'd be my Morgan, daughter of Tiki. Manakete with Aegis, Pavise, Sol, Dual Guard+, Limit Breaker. If anything is a danger to her, well, the rest of the army mght as well pack up and leave, because she's going to be as tough as they come.

GamerSoul

Emmeryn, godammit

I still can't believes. I still love the pacing of the story. It's the best imo of the ones released in NA. I lost cherche to a 3% crit chance...I didn't reset. I liked her but I didn't want to redo the chapter and she wasn't a key unit ill take the lost :/ srry Nightwing maybe next playthrough.

ohlawd

I still can't believes. I still love the pacing of the story. It's the best imo of the ones released in NA. I lost cherche to a 3% crit chance...I didn't reset. I liked her but I didn't want to redo the chapter and she wasn't a key unit ill take the lost :/ srry Nightwing maybe next playthrough.

Off with yo head.

You see, the actual plot of Fire Emblem: Awakening is that the Avatar went on a crazy bender and slept with the RNG's wife before waking up in a field with no memories. For the rest of the game, the RNG tries to screw you over in every way possible, occasionally offering you a good level up or a lucky crit so that you'll lower your guard.

All that faffing about regarding Fell Dragons and future kids is just a B-plot, really.

GamerSoul

You see, the actual plot of Fire Emblem: Awakening is that the Avatar went on a crazy bender and slept with the RNG's wife before waking up in a field with no memories. For the rest of the game, the RNG tries to screw you over in every way possible, occasionally offering you a good level up or a lucky crit so that you'll lower your guard.

All that faffing about regarding Fell Dragons and future kids is just a B-plot, really.

Hmmm...Master Tactitian vs. RNG. Makes a lot of sense lol
she can cook and sew too.

I guess you could say she's too perfect.

Not perfect enough to beat the RNG gods though. Heh. Ill repent by using her next time

ffdgh

If you're eu, you're all lucky enough to get the first map of the future past dlc today...so soon for some weird reason.

Chrom

Is the future past series available as a bundle?

Yes. When Future Past 1 is made available today, you can either buy that or the Future Past Pack which contains all three episodes, with the other two becoming playable once they release on their own in later weeks.

McNum

Ah, finally done with Morgan's round trip in classes. Manakete -> Paladin -> General -> Great Knight -> Manakete. And since she came with Sol already, that gets her Aegis, Pavise, and Dual Guard+. In two weeks, Limit Breaker. The last five or so levels were empty, she had capped everything in Great Knight. Luckily, Manakete has low bases, so she has room to grow again.

Also this:

Morgan uses a Second Seal.
*flash of light*
Morgan now wears Nowi's outfit.
"Do I... Do I look like my father in this?"

I swear, Morgan has an odd sense of humor. You are now picturing your male avatar wearing Nowi's clothes.

McNum

When a weapon hits zero uses left, it's gone forever. If you're using stock weapons that haven't been forged and you have spares in the convoy, you can Restock them to combine uses from the stored weapons with the one you have. You basically reload your sword.

You CAN do it with Forged weapons, but they have to be identical.

I am so goddamn sick of Ch 12 on hard. I keep getting closer to the end and then pulling a dumbass move. There were 2 freaking enemies left and I let Chrom get into range of them both. Of course they hit the 60% attacks and I have to restart.
To be clear, Ch 12 is the one
By the dock with the large amount of cavaliers and knights, accompanied by a bunch of paladins.

After failing the 2nd time I adjusted my strategy by being more careful, but one careless move and it gets punished ruthlessly.

demidar

I am so goddamn sick of Ch 12 on hard. I keep getting closer to the end and then pulling a dumbass move. There were 2 freaking enemies left and I let Chrom get into range of them both. Of course they hit the 60% attacks and I have to restart.
To be clear, Ch 12 is the one
By the dock with the large amount of cavaliers and knights, accompanied by a bunch of paladins.

After failing the 2nd time I adjusted my strategy by being more careful, but one careless move and it gets punished ruthlessly.

Ah yes, chapter 12. That was the first huge difficulty spike I encountered. Nothing a few levels won't fix though, but sheesh.

Ah yes, chapter 12. That was the first huge difficulty spike I encountered. Nothing a few levels won't fix though, but sheesh.

Yeah it definitely feels like a huge spike. I don't feel like my units are underleveled, I just have to stop trying to feed my lower leveled units and use the higher leveled ones more often. This obviously isn't a chapter fit for feeding weaker units.

demidar

Yeah it definitely feels like a huge spike. I don't feel like my units are underleveled, I just have to stop trying to feed my lower leveled units and use the higher leveled ones more often. This obviously isn't a chapter fit for feeding weaker units.

Nope, the map is small and the enemy both have concentrated power and high mobility which can run through gaps in your army and gank someone.

Cool, you can play the 2nd episode now if you purchase the Rogues or Future Past Pack (I only checked with The Future Past 2, but I heard about Rogues and Redeemers 2 being available too).

I'm so tempted to play The Future Past 2... Is there any reason why I shouldn't?

Maxrunner

When a weapon hits zero uses left, it's gone forever. If you're using stock weapons that haven't been forged and you have spares in the convoy, you can Restock them to combine uses from the stored weapons with the one you have. You basically reload your sword.

You CAN do it with Forged weapons, but they have to be identical.

Hummm there's a limit of of weapon use, where? i found weird that the game didn't come with a manual, there's some stuff i still trying to understand fully.

m0t0k1

I didn't think we would get Limit break this fast. Will buy that one + maybe the future past pack don't know if it is good.

McNum

Hummm there's a limit of of weapon use, where? i found weird that the game didn't come with a manual, there's some stuff i still trying to understand fully.
The little number next to the weapon name if how many uses it has left.

If managed to get any Glass weapon, it would say 3, but a Bronze weapon has 50 uses. Chrom's Falchion sword has no number and can be used as much as you want as it's unbreakable.

Draxal

Like how ?

Having maxed all the stats for my ten units, I'm interested

Depends on difficulty, but it's probably harder than any story based map, because you do have to rescue NPC's and you can't use rescue staves in this map.

Cool, you can play the 2nd episode now if you purchase the Rogues or Future Past Pack (I only checked with The Future Past 2, but I heard about Rogues and Redeemers 2 being available too).

I'm so tempted to play The Future Past 2... Is there any reason why I shouldn't?

If you don't have any of the 4 boy's parents maxed out? I think 2's easier than one. 3's probably the easiest if you have maxed out guys because you can just bumrush the boss.

Top Bottom