• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Maxrunner

The little number next to the weapon name if how many uses it has left.

If managed to get any Glass weapon, it would say 3, but a Bronze weapon has 50 uses. Chrom's Falchion sword has no number and can be used as much as you want as it's unbreakable.

So that's what that number is for? :S

McNum

How many units can you bring to Future Past, anyway? I'm assuming Chrom is mandatory as usual?

I'm starting to see a more or less core team of my endgame units. I need to do something with Sumia, though, so she can be a better support partner for Chrom. She has Galeforce, but not enough Strength to get a kill, so that's a little wasted. Could just toss a bucket of stat-up items at her, of course. But for the rest, Avatar/Tiki, Morgan/Inigo, Lucina/Gerome, Lissa/Henry, Nah/Yarne, Owain/Severa, Olivia/Virion, and Nowi/Donnel are either ready to go or one or two class changes away from being ready to go. Teaching Donny some axes as a Warrior now. That pot-helmet looks even more silly in a Warrior outfit.

Oh, the NPC childrens' stats are based on the parents'? Hmm... Laurent might be a little in trouble, then. Gerome a little, too. Owain and Inigo are going to be awesome, though.

I have the funniest Olivia. Poor little defenseless Dancer... Wait, is that a Brave Sword? "STOP STARING!" And then the enemy got Astra'd to death. I don't think I've seen a full five-hit combo off Astra yet on any character.

So that's what that number is for? :S

Yup. I think the ingame guide tells you at some point. And remember, you can touch any part of the touchscreen to get a tooltip explaining what it is. Except for that number, it'll just show you the weapon's stats.

Fisico

It's easy if your characters are maxed : )

Oh okay :<

Still waiting for this guy to show up
yfq6gfqupc.jpg

Dragon

Banned
On Chapter 16, getting a bit bogged down because I insist on beating all the randos that appear on the map even though I don't need to. My avatar is a Dark Knight with 72 HP, but other than him and Chrom the rest of my team is pretty putrid. Not sure where to go from here and I didn't realize how you had to recruit certain other characters until it was too late :/.

Markun

Informative post.

Another informative post.

&#21193;&#24375;&#12395;&#12394;&#12426;&#12414;&#12375;&#12383; (That was informative.) Underdog Nah sounds like fun. I should give that a try next playthrough.

I've been going at such a leisurely pace that the main plot must be wondering what the hell I'm doing at this point. Support conversations >>>>> Saving the world. I just got Severa and Brady. Short thoughts again.

Severa -Oh so very tsundere. Her tsun side is pretty ouch but her dere side is unbelievably sweet. A little more dere from her wouldn't hurt, but I really like her. I've also seen far worse tsunderes than her so there's that. I can relate to her in the inferiority complex part of her personality too. In terms of gameplay, her growths are excellent. Next to bestest son and bestest daughter, she capped the fastest out of anyone. Also, I have to give props to Julie Ann Taylor for really nailing the bratty voice part of her. "THAT WAS MIIIIIINE!"

Brady - Really entertaining. I like delinquent with a heart of gold characters so I warmed up to him pretty quickly. The supports he had with Maribelle were really funny and so were his supports with Lon'qu. I've only completed those two supports so far for him but I'm looking forward to reading more. I am disappointed that he apparently inherited his mother's tendency to grow Luck really fast though. Please improve magic Brady, I know you can do better. Also, *Persona 4 Golden epilogue spoiler warning just in case*
I'm just going to pretend Lon'qu!Brady is P4 Golden epilogue Kanji because it makes me feel happy.

Ugh, really annoyed at Nintendo Europe for going with a different release schedule to the US for all this DLC. I can't really go any further with the game until I can get access to the Dread Fighter and Bride classes to make final decisions on pairings, and instead of giving us the Smash Brethren DLC in this second wave we end up with all the difficult Future Past stuff instead.

It makes no sense at all, they should be releasing them in order of difficulty like the US release. I can't even attempt the Future Past stuff, but even if I could it'd mean my team would be stupidly overpowered when they finally release some of the easier DLC.

Wow, another Persona fan with inferiority issues?

Where've you been all my life, Markun?

Also, I just married Brady to Lucina because their voice actors are married. In retrospect I also should've wed Ricken and Miriel because they're both red-haired mages whose VAs are married ;P

Sotha Sil

Yarne, Severa and Owain are insufferable. Sorry. I mean, they sometimes manage to redeem themselves through support conversations, but hell. So many embarrassed parents in this game. Props to Lucina, Kjelle and Morgan for their unflinching sanity.

demidar

Yarne, Severa and Owain are insufferable. Sorry. I mean, they sometimes manage to redeem themselves through support conversations, but hell. So many embarrassed parents in this game. Props to Lucina, Kjelle and Morgan for their unflinching sanity.

You gotta remember, all the children's parents are deeeeeeead! That's bound to touch them in the head a bit.

Sotha Sil

You gotta remember, all the children's parents are deeeeeeead! That's bound to touch them in the head a bit.

Which is why I love Lucina and Kjelle. They're traumatised, but they haven't developed annoying/flamboyant/tsunderesque personas. Masks? "Gawd"? Slang? Epic monologues? Kille me now. Lucina's fought Grima after what seems to be the utter end of human life on earth and she's pretty chill.

demidar

Which is why I love Lucina and Kjelle. They're traumatised, but they haven't developed annoying/flamboyant/tsunderesque personas. Masks? "Gawd"? Slang? Epic monologues? Kille me now. Lucina's fought Grima after what seems to be the utter end of human life on earth and she's pretty chill.

Different strokes I guess, I find Lucina to be too serious, outside of her mother support.

Yeah, let's instead slaughter all the weak links in the army instead!

Dresden

Assassin Severa is where it's at.

Beat the game last night, finally - not leveling up Chrom got me hard, and I ended up having to dump every stat-boosting item I had on him to get his hit rate and damage to a somewhat acceptable level.
And then the rest was just parking my MU two squares away from Grima and hoping that Chrom would dual-attack enough to kill the thing before it'd get healed.

Lunatic+ just sounds annoying, so not sure if I want to hit that up.

ffdgh

I beat apotheosis' secret route...I feel so accomplished lol. Panne/Morgan yarne/Brady robin/
emmeryn
owning/indigo did almost all the work while everyone else spammed rescue staffs.

Luna+ is freaking evil!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Oh great, Now Stahl died to a critical hit as well. Hmphpf, this first playthrough on classic mode is not going excactly as planned, four characters RIPing. Will play it through though!

Regarding characters, Brady is also cool in that his S supports are generally earned, less shallow than some others. I especially liked his
secret protector
deal with Cynthia and put them together.

And on the latest file I let Chrom/Sully happen, so Lucina and Kjelle are not just more serious-minded but are The Serious Sisters.

I beat Ch 13 and unlocked the kids paralogues. Should I just get them or spend time getting the best skills for them to inherit? On the one hand I really want to just get them, but on the other hand I might regret not spending the time.

So with Smash Bros. on the horizon, what FE reps are you guys hoping for?

I'd love it if Gangrel made it in, actually. It'd provide a boost to Smash's rather lacking rogue's gallery, while at the same time letting another class tree besides Lord have its time in the sun. Plus the dual melee/ranged functionality of his signature Levin Sword would make for some neat moves, and he has so many quotes that could be perfect as taunts (can you imagine him doing an exaggerated shrug a là his official art while quipping "I could break you as easily as I could break wind"?).

Knowing tradition though we'll probably get either Chrom or Lucy though (which isn't a bad thing in the slightest), or possibly the Avatar if the rumours abot customization turn out to be true.

Finally beat the game, 40+hrs already lol. Sooooooooo good. <3 my Fire Emblem.

Should I pick and chose the DLC or just get all of it?

Not sure which ones are recommended most of all. I already have the first pack.

I beat Ch 13 and unlocked the kids paralogues. Should I just get them or spend time getting the best skills for them to inherit? On the one hand I really want to just get them, but on the other hand I might regret not spending the time.

The minimum you should do in terms of skill grinding is get the gender exclusive skills like Galeforce or Axefaire for those who can't get it.

Everything else will just save you time in future grinding.

Espada

So with Smash Bros. on the horizon, what FE reps are you guys hoping for?

I'd love it if Gangrel made it in, actually. It'd provide a boost to Smash's rather lacking rogue's gallery, while at the same time letting another class tree besides Lord have its time in the sun. Plus the dual melee/ranged functionality of his signature Levin Sword would make for some neat moves, and he has so many quotes that could be perfect as taunts (can you imagine him doing an exaggerated shrug a là his official art while quipping "I could break you as easily as I could break wind"?).

Knowing tradition though we'll probably get either Chrom or Lucy though (which isn't a bad thing in the slightest), or possibly the Avatar if the rumours abot customization turn out to be true.

My money's on Chrom replacing Ike. Beyond that? No clue. I could see Marth getting Lucina's outfit (or one inspired by it).

demidar

Marth's counter stance in Smash looks identical to Lucina's battle stance, which makes sense I guess.

And yeah, money's also on Chrom replacing Ike.

ffdgh

Hey as long as chrom isn't absurdly slow, I'm ok with this...hmm Lucina would actually make a better alt for chrom now that I give it some thought since he did teach her.

ffdgh

The future past maps work like regular child maps meaning your parents stats AND skills are passed down so give them some defensive skills if you have any and have some units block the outside area in front of the kids so they won't be hit through the walks.

Aptos

Are there any character development guides out there? Specifically, I'm interested in how to determine if two units are good matches for Pairings. Sometimes I get pairings that result in +'s to 4 stats, while sometimes I only get a + to hit or something.

Also, should I always be pairing units? or never pairing units? or is a good tactic somewhere in between?

Thirdly, how should Secondary Seals be used? I feel like I have a well-rounded core group, so I haven't ever used one, am I missing something, or is it strictly to help you create a missing class you need (e.g. all your healers died)?

Lastly, is it smart to wait until the max base class level (20) before using a Master Seal?

Thanks in advance, I couldn't find the answers to these questions using the thread search.

Are there any character development guides out there? Specifically, I'm interested in how to determine if two units are good matches for Pairings. Sometimes I get pairings that result in +'s to 4 stats, while sometimes I only get a + to hit or something.

Also, should I always be pairing units? or never pairing units? or is a good tactic somewhere in between?

Thirdly, how should Secondary Seals be used? I feel like I have a well-rounded core group, so I haven't ever used one, am I missing something, or is it strictly to help you create a missing class you need (e.g. all your healers died)?

Lastly, is it smart to wait until the max base class level (20) before using a Master Seal?

Thanks in advance, I couldn't find the answers to these questions using the thread search.

Serenes Forest has all your answers.

But specifically, Pairing Up bonus stats depend on the level of support between units, the paired up unit's class and stats as well. For pairing for the children's benefit, you could look through there.

It is up to you if you want to pair up stuff or not. It has its benefits but you'll be losing out on the number of attacks and units you can do/move while having some possibly more sturdy units.

Use second seals mostly for getting better skills for your character as well as gaining more stat points since you get more levels to raise up.

Yes, wait till 20 unless you have most of your stats already maxed out.

Anteo

Skill are not locked to a class, so if you secondseal Chrom from GreatLord to Sniper, he will be able to use RightFull King and Aether with a bow. Plus you get to reset the level so you can keep leveling up to get extra stats.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Maaaaan I haven't been blah'd by a game opening in sometime. All that boring buildup to a floating shield? lol. The demo showed me the game itself won't be bland so w/e! I'm new to the series so I oughta start on normal huh?

ohlawd

Maaaaan I haven't been blah'd by a game opening in sometime. All that boring buildup to a floating shield? lol. The demo showed me the game itself won't be bland so w/e! I'm new to the series so I oughta start on normal huh?

dafaq? Boring buildup with that amazing music? lols you are finished.

yeah just start on Normal. If you don't mind resetting, then go Classic for the proper way to play FE.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
dafaq? Boring buildup with that amazing music? lols you are finished.

yeah just start on Normal. If you don't mind resetting, then go Classic for the proper way to play FE.
If that was amazing music then this games ost is the one thats finished! I dunno about doing any resetting but Normal/Classic type is a go!

ohlawd

If that was amazing music then this games ost is the one thats finished! I dunno about doing any resetting but Normal/Classic type is a go!

tch we are through.

Depending on how you play, you might actually get bored with Normal and reset to a Hard mode file.

GamerSoul

Yea that's what I figured. But after reading some of the supports, they do have a some-what normal side depending on who they talk to. Iirc, Owain mentioned having to eat bugs at one point in the future in his support with Noire, who was baking.

Different strokes I guess, I find Lucina to be too serious, outside of her mother support.

I think Kjelle is the only one I'd find serious. Lucina is serious in a caring way imo.

Top Bottom