• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

They miss almost all the damn time.

That doesn't stop the RNG from being a dirtbag and letting one spawn and kill you in the same turn. It's especially egregious in Nah's Paralogue, when there are 5 of the dang things trying to luckhax you each turn.

Mire Severa makes a wonderful sniper though. It's just a shame it can't hit twice.

CorvoSol

So I've sent Stahl through all his classes, and I figure once Lissa's been through, too, it'll be high time he made an honest woman out of 'er.

Markun

Oh are we talking about hair colors? I want in! I think Donnel purple Kjelle is one of my favorites along with Azure Inigo. I also really dig blonde Morgan and my reddish-brown Owain (I chose hair color 19 when I started.)

GamerSoul

My Owain has orange hair from Gaius and it fits his fiery persona.
Red-haired Morgan is cute, reminds me of my waifu Sullykins.
Noire looks great as a Blonde, or whatever color Henry has.
Kjelle with dark Brown hair fits her. Although I think she could works as a blonde maybe.
Cynthia with Blue hair also works well.

And that's all the kids I have and care about so far.

Playing on hard, had my ass handed to me in chapter 5. Feel like a newbie once again.

Same thing happened to me, it starts to feel more reasonable in time. Just watch out for those reinforcements later on. I hate those dastards.

Damn... I just streetpassed with someone, and I want to fight them, but they've also got some nice items for sale, like a Rift Door. Should I take the items or just fight 'em? It seems like he may actually given his dude some half-decent lines.

Yeah, the text really does take up that much space. I don't know what would happen if you had 10 of them, though.

It would take up 5 spots in the inventory and 5 in the convoy.

Sendou

What's the fastest way to level up a character? The EXP DLC?

Well it's one of the fastest at least. If the character happens to be a Sorcerer then you can always give him/her a forged Aversa's Night or Nosferatu and let her/him kill everyone in Rogues and Redeemers 3 or something.

Markun

What's the fastest way to level up a character? The EXP DLC?

It's good for characters who are just starting out or haven't been reclassed too much. However once a character reclasses enough times, all the enemies in there will only give 8 exp to that unit.

When that happens, I usually go to Lost Bloodlines 3 and have that character solo the map while being paired up with Chrom. They're usually tough enough to handle the enemies in LB3 by then. You also get the Paragon skill book for clearing the map which doubles the exp a character gains. You get one every time you clear Lost Bloodlines 3.

Oxx

I had forgotten about all the stat-boosting items I had been hoarding through the course of the game.

I'm guessing if the stat is already maxed-out, don't use an item on it?

m0t0k1

Is there free DLC in this game?

There was the first dlc map with marth was free for a month. but now you have to pay for it. You do get free spotpass maps those you need to download and they release a map after every 2 weeks. and you can download spotpass characters to fight against them or buy their stuff so it has some free dlc.

Wiseblade

I had forgotten about all the stat-boosting items I had been hoarding through the course of the game.

I'm guessing if the stat is already maxed-out, don't use an item on it?

The game won't even let you use a stat boosting item on a green stat.

demidar

Well i've played for 90 hours. Time to outfit my kids with forged brave gear and finish up the game I guess

"There you are Chrom, now be a good pet and lie down and die!"

"Oh yeah, Grima, you're still here. Sorry bro, I was too busy killing some of the strongest heroes to ever walk between dimensions. Let's make this quick."

*Grima gets vapourized with the force of a nuke*

McNum

"Oh yeah, Grima, you're still here. Sorry bro, I was too busy killing some of the strongest heroes to ever walk between dimensions. Let's make this quick."

When I get limit breaker I will equip people with sticks, logs, and ladles and go beat up the final boss.

Just to be as disrespectful as I can. I had my epic battle against it, now it's walkover time.

Jintor

Maybe there will be a DLC where all the grimas who get walked on by OP parties get together and murderise things

NeonZ

Hm... Considering the faster pace of the European DLC in the last few weeks, I wonder if we'll get a new FE announced at E3? They might have done that to get as many out as they could before E3. The next game could potentially be in advanced stages if they're just using Awakening's engine again. There's also the chance for an actual reveal about SMT x FE, although that game likely will have slow development due to being the first Wii U game for both franchises, so it must be built from ground up.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just saw this is currently $30 on amazon so scooped it up. Enjoyed the demo, looking forward to diving in next week.

Sendou

Okay so I knew that you can skip battle animations if you press "L" while initiating battle. But what I did not know is that when you're skipping all battles by default you can also watch an invidual battle if you press "L". Pretty cool actually!

Sotha Sil

Okay so I knew that you can skip battle animations if you press "L" while initiating battle. But what I did not know is that when you're skipping all battles by default you can also watch an invidual battle if you press "L". Pretty cool actually!

Good to know, thanks!

Wiseblade

Maybe there will be a DLC where all the grimas who get walked on by OP parties get together and murderise things
Escalation Pack £5.39

Accessible only if you have purchased all of Fire Emblem: Awakening's previous Downloadable Content (DLC) The Escalation Pack features the most powerful enemies imaginable powered up to new heights! Can your Waifus break through their limits to conquer these challenges?

Part 1: Grima's Revenge

Part 2: Ashera's Judgment

Part 3: RNG Showdown

UGH motherfucking boat level. Got a lot of great level-ups, and then random pegasus knight reinforcements appearing anywhere they want to. 2 Enemies left, Lissa dies, fuck my life.

The reinforcement spots are completely unpredictable so I have no idea where it's safe.

Jintor

By far the worst part of the game.

I can tolerate a 99% shot missing a chrysallid resulting in a total party wipe better than I can reinforcements out of nowhere

Wiseblade

Seriously though, Whose bright idea was it to have reinforcements spawn at the start of a turn? A better way of handling it would have been to have them spawn at the end for Normal and Hard, and at the biginning in Insane.

Sendou

Seriously though, Whose bright idea was it to have reinforcements spawn at the start of a turn? A better way of handling it would have been to have them spawn at the end for Normal and Hard, and at the biginning in Insane.

Well it's essentially like that on Normal. Shouldn't Hard be hard? I agree that it can be bullshit.

By far the worst part of the game.

I can tolerate a 99% shot missing a chrysallid resulting in a total party wipe better than I can reinforcements out of nowhere

Oh wow it's like that too in Normal? That's crazy.

I never let a unit get in danger of dying and do a lot of number crunching with pretty much every action I perform, but I can't account for reinforcements at all. I don't know the attack power, speed, type of unit, where they're coming from, it just takes all the tactics out of it just to say "fuck you, restart asshole"

Sendou

Oh wow it's like that too in Normal? That's crazy.

I never let a unit get in danger of dying and do a lot of number crunching with pretty much every action I perform, but I can't account for reinforcements at all. I don't know the attack power, speed, type of unit, where they're coming from, it just takes all the tactics out of it just to say "fuck you, restart asshole"

It's not like that on Normal. Just don't let your weaker units chill anywhere but the boat where you start and the boat on the right.

NeonZ

Personally, I had no problems with the reinforcements there even on my first playthrough. After it became obvious that there'd be reinforcements, I just kept my units paired up and as close to the center of the map as possible, so most reinforcements couldn't reach them out of nowhere.

The warnings and markers for the appearance of reinforcements generally made them work.

Iryx

Just finished Lunatic+, and I can definitely say I'm never doing that again.
Massively wonky difficuly curve, way too much time spent grinding characters to make them usable in missions, and while random reinforcements were annoying enough on hard/lunatic, the random counter reinforcements are just garbage. It's just 'Hey, I'm in range of you and have Counter, guess you die lol'.
Probably done with this game for now, might come back in a few months when LB and Apotheosis is out in EU, but on a lower difficulty.

demidar

I'll admit that I got a bit complacent, but I still think it takes some of the S out of the SRPG.

Some of my best tactics happen when I'm backed into a corner and have 6 weak units all out in the open. Do all these crazy maneuvers, planning for the worst rolls possible, hoping that my unit doesn't kill in retaliation to block the attack space, create mazes of units to amplify support bonuses and stretching out enemy valid attack ranges, using weaker units to bait other enemies, predict reinforcement attack ranges, pairing up to just gain enough speed for double attacks. Then when you end your turn you see the enemy, formerly seeming powerful and a casualty guaranteed, they now get reamed by my superior strategy.

Draxal

Hm... Considering the faster pace of the European DLC in the last few weeks, I wonder if we'll get a new FE announced at E3? They might have done that to get as many out as they could before E3. The next game could potentially be in advanced stages if they're just using Awakening's engine again. There's also the chance for an actual reveal about SMT x FE, although that game likely will have slow development due to being the first Wii U game for both franchises, so it must be built from ground up.

I got my fingers crossed, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Jintor

I've been thinking about TBS styles and I remember thinking that I might like FFTA and TA2's styles more than the 'my turn then your turn' style of general Intelligent Systems general TBS... but I dunno, I haven't played it in years.

demidar

I've been thinking about TBS styles and I remember thinking that I might like FFTA and TA2's styles more than the 'my turn then your turn' style of general Intelligent Systems general TBS... but I dunno, I haven't played it in years.

I don't remember FFTA's turn system being different from 'my turn then your turn', care to give a refresher?

Damn... I just streetpassed with someone, and I want to fight them, but they've also got some nice items for sale, like a Rift Door. Should I take the items or just fight 'em? It seems like he may actually given his dude some half-decent lines.

It would take up 5 spots in the inventory and 5 in the convoy.

Oh wow I just realized, that must be the FE streetpass data that came with Iwata! Now I'm really not sure what to do. Maybe I'll just purchase his services like he suggests.

I don't remember FFTA's turn system being different from 'my turn then your turn', care to give a refresher?

He worded it strangely... I think he means how FFTA's system switches by individual units rather than each entire army making all their moves in one go, like FE. Speed determines attack order, that sort of thing. So more like taking turns in chess.

Top Bottom