• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

demidar

He worded it strangely... I think he means how FFTA's system switches by individual units rather than each entire army making all their moves in one go, like FE. Speed determines attack order, that sort of thing. So more like taking turns in chess.

Oh you mean like FF10's turn order queue. I wouldn't say I prefer one or the other, both give a different dimension to the flow of battle, and completely changes how one might approach an enemy force.

Are Future Past & Rogues Pack worth getting?

Yes. Future Past is great for challenge/story aficionados, and Rogues Pack gives you Limit Breaker (arguably the most valuable skill in the game).

Lost Bloodlines Pack is also worth getting, considering 2 gives you a new class and 3 is the best grinding map in the game.

Is it a good idea to restart this on hard? I got to chapter 16 but Pimp, Chrom and Lucina were just destroying everyone so it got a bit boring.

What's the jump like from normal

Hansel

Banned
Is it a good idea to restart this on hard? I got to chapter 16 but Pimp, Chrom and Lucina were just destroying everyone so it got a bit boring.

What's the jump like from normal

In my opinion hard mode is just right. Not super frustrating or super boring.

With how you play, probably not.

Tomorrow, the winnowing beings. I do not envy the Shepherds under your command.

You'd better get Donny and Gaius this time.

You don't want my army invading your game and wiping all out, do you?

It's ok, nobody will die this time, the commander looks after his troops. Some may look for revenge, but they will be cut down.

Everyone will have a partner and be married, so I'm trying to figure how this will work:

Succubus - Chrom
Lissa - Libra
Sumia - Frederick
Sully - Kellam
Miriel - Ricken
Panne - Vaike
Cordelia - Lon'qu
Tharja - Gaius
Maribelle - Henry
Nowi - Donnel
Olivia - Stahl
Cherche - Virion

Anteo

It's ok, nobody will die this time, the commander looks after his troops. Some may look for revenge, but they will be cut down.

Everyone will have a partner and be married, so I'm trying to figure how this will work:

Succubus - Chrom
Frederick - Lissa
Vaike - Panne
Virion - Olivia
Stahl - Sully
Kellam -
Donnel- Sumia
Lon'qu - Cordelia
Gauis - Cherche
Gregor - Nowi
Libra - Tharja
Henry - Miriel

What?

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
So what's the best DLC for weaker/lower leveled units? Also, any that have good character interactions. I got the Scramble bundle. Wondering if there are others that are similar.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Up to chapter 8 at 4 1/2 hours. Seems like this game'll be much shorter then PKMN Conquest, not that I'm complaining! Cause my feelings right now are that I'd replay this game long before that one, even though I liked it but it was just wayyyy to slloowww especially compared to FE!

Stahl, Donnel, Ricken all dead an lamo Sumia "retired". Maribelle woulda been one of those two things but apparently she has (had?) plot armor. Was it to much for me to expect Sumia to never showup in another scene again since she's outta the picture gameplay-wise? If peeps are gonna have plot armor it makes death/retirement no more arbitrary & pointless then those dumb Pokémon playthroughs where people ditch a PKMN just cause it fainted ~_~

btw How comes I never knew weapons break until it happened to me? None of those slide tutorials mention it (I think)? Instead I learn it via trial by fire cause NoA are cheap scumbags lol.

Chrom

btw How comes I never knew weapons break until it happened to me? None of those slide tutorials mention it (I think)? Instead I learn it via trial by fire cause NoA are cheap scumbags lol.

To my knowledge, the game makes no effort in teaching you that weapons have durability, and that when all uses are used up, the weapon breaks. I suppose the game was expecting players to pick up on that as they were to notice the numbers go down, but I think it would've been better if the game were more explicit with that.

Up to chapter 8 at 4 1/2 hours. Seems like this game'll be much shorter then PKMN Conquest, not that I'm complaining! Cause my feelings right now are that I'd replay this game long before that one, even though I liked it but it was just wayyyy to slloowww especially compared to FE!

Stahl, Donnel, Ricken all dead an lamo Sumia "retired". Maribelle woulda been one of those two things but apparently she has (had?) plot armor. Was it to much for me to expect Sumia to never showup in another scene again since she's outta the picture gameplay-wise? If peeps are gonna have plot armor it makes death/retirement no more arbitrary & pointless then those dumb Pokémon playthroughs where people ditch a PKMN just cause it fainted ~_~

The "retired" characters are not really essential to the plot outside of mothering children so won't really see them all that often.

I love Pokemon Conquest. I'd say FE games are typically shorter than the entirety of Conquest, but the campaigns are not nearly as repetitive as Conquest. How many times do I need to conquer the region?

What did you think those numbers next to the weapons were for? I thought one of those tutorial slides mentioned it at some point.

demidar

Noooooooo not Donnel!

I started over and am working on a hard classic run.

Already Chapter 3 is giving me trouble lol but that was easily solved. Any tips btw? I didn't bother finishing Normal mode because it was getting too easy and I want to do a run with my real waifu Lucina.

I got up to chapter 20ish as a reference with Owain in my group as well.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Now Miriel retired and Vaike died. Oh wells, they keep throwing new party members at me so its not like I'm short on 'em! An on the brighter side I got a couple of master seals so I promoted my character & Chrom! Hurrah!

To my knowledge, the game makes no effort in teaching you that weapons have durability, and that when all uses are used up, the weapon breaks. I suppose the game was expecting players to pick up on that as they were to notice the numbers go down, but I think it would've been better if the game were more explicit with that.
Oooh good so I didn't blindly miss something for once!

I love Pokemon Conquest. I'd say FE games are typically shorter than the entirety of Conquest, but the campaigns are not nearly as repetitive as Conquest. How many times do I need to conquer the region?

What did you think those numbers next to the weapons were for? I thought one of those tutorial slides mentioned it at some point.
You had ta conquer the region alot x.x and I thought the numbers were just more stats! And I guess in a way, they are!

Anyone who allows Donnel to die should be forced to attend a course on how to be a better person.
He was just unlucky thats all.

CorvoSol

So, just so we're clear: If I made, say, Lissa a Bride, then changed her into a Dark Flier, could I use a Second Seal to change back to Bride, or would I have to go and get ANOTHER Bouquet?

ohlawd

So, just so we're clear: If I made, say, Lissa a Bride, then changed her into a Dark Flier, could I use a Second Seal to change back to Bride, or would I have to go and get ANOTHER Bouquet?
You'll have to use another bouquet.

If anyone else realized, a lvl 30 Waifu can reclass back to Waifu with a Second Seal. Applies to all special classes.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
In the one paralogue thing all of the refugees got killed cause they were stupid x.x; Chapter 9's ending sure was predictable! I had guess from the start that those fancy pegasus knights would never be of any value an I was right! I bet it didn't matter which choice I picked!! Wiping out the entire enemy force with more ease then usual helped make up for the sad stuffs. Speaking of sad stuffs I got a sad sounding lil tune when killing one of the baddies whats up with that? In better tune news, promoted peeps have new attack music just like in Shining Force! Sweet ^_^

ohlawd

Nuts. I wish I didn't have to replay that entire mission just to get bouquets.

I hate how the allied team have to say their death phrase every freaking time. Holding down and A helps remedy this though.

In the one paralogue thing all of the refugees got killed cause they were stupid x.x; Chapter 9's ending sure was predictable! I had guess from the start that those fancy pegasus knights would never be of any value an I was right! I bet it didn't matter which choice I picked!! Wiping out the entire enemy force with more ease then usual helped make up for the sad stuffs. Speaking of sad stuffs I got a sad sounding lil tune when killing one of the baddies whats up with that? In better tune news, promoted peeps have new attack music just like in Shining Force! Sweet ^_^

You killed a unit who you could recruit. You goofed.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
You killed a unit who you could recruit. You goofed.
Ack! Well there was no talk command, and no thing like level her up to get her like Donnel! Maybe I was supposed ta let her be the last one standing? x.x Even so it was kinda funny cause when she fell over ya could clearly see she had no feet lol. wtf Intsys!

Aexact

Speaking of sad stuffs I got a sad sounding lil tune when killing one of the baddies whats up with that?
That sounds like you killed Tharja. She was an enemy unit in Chapter 9 that the camera panned on before you started the mission who expressed discontent about fighting for the enemy side.

Like the thief Gaius, if you used the Talk command with Chrom next to her, she would've defected to your side.

demidar

That sounds like you killed Tharja. She was an enemy unit in Chapter 9 that the camera panned on before you started the mission who expressed discontent about fighting for the enemy side.

Like the thief Gaius, if you used the Talk command with Chrom next to her, she would've defected to your side.

Nooooo not Tharja too!

Ack! Well there was no talk command, and no thing like level her up to get her like Donnel! Maybe I was supposed ta let her be the last one standing? x.x Even so it was kinda funny cause when she fell over ya could clearly see she had no feet lol. wtf Intsys!

Wow do you even have any characters left? Seems like you kill as many of your own units as you do enemy units :p

BTW These reinforcements keep getting more hilarious as I progress. 4 Simultaneous silver bow Bow Knights and I accidentally keep putting one of my flying units within range. *facepalm*
To be fair their range is huge.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked

Oh I remember that now. But with all the Libra commotion I guess I forgot in the heat of battle! An I didn't know only Chrom can do the talking since it only came up once before an since any character can do the go up to towns an talk thing. I'll keep it in mind for the future!

Wow do you even have any characters left? Seems like you kill as many of your own units as you do enemy units :p
Totally got peeps left! 15 alive vs 6 dead/retired. Thats 70+% average of not dead which isn't bad in my book. The Tharja lady don't count against my total since she's not in my roster!

BTW These reinforcements keep getting more hilarious as I progress. 4 Simultaneous silver bow Bow Knights and I accidentally keep putting one of my flying units within range. *facepalm*
To be fair their range is huge.

I had to reset so many times thanks to Sumia and Cordelia being near archers. Made me happy when I get a critical on them.

McNum

Oh I purposely let Sumia, Cordelia or Cherche kill archers, it's just THAT much more satisfying to watch them get a lance in the face.
Yup. If there's ever a choice on who gets to kill an archer and a pegasus knight is a possibility, I let them get it, unless it would expose them way too much to harm.

Having a pegasus knight be the archer hunter is a fun habit I've had for several Fire Emblems.

Jawmuncher

Is it worth getting the whole cast to level 20 to change their class? Already did all the paralouges and just want to get all my soldiers balanced in level......except Henry Screw that guy.

Also what should I do with beasts and Dragons? Seems kinda weirdto give them a different class

errrrrr.... no.

I've had skip all and no animations. The allied team still continues to talk as they die.

If you press Start as soon as enemy phase begins, the screen will go black and it'll skip the entire enemy phase in one go, stopping only if your units dies/levels up/gets an item/breaks a weapon. I've avoided the enemy speeches this way, just prepping your units on your turn and letting all the fighting happen in enemy phase, which you then skip.

Is it worth getting the whole cast to level 20 to change their class? Already did all the paralouges and just want to get all my soldiers balanced in level......except Henry Screw that guy.

Also what should I do with beasts and Dragons? Seems kinda weirdto give them a different class

Sure, you gain more stat points.

Nothing wrong with your dragon riding another dragon!

Top Bottom