• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Timeless

I'm playing on normal casual and loving it. I understand from a gameplay perspective why you'd play on classic mode (added challenge etc.) but from a story perspective it makes no sense to me. When your posse comes head-to-head with some monarch, you "defeat" him or her and they usually don't die. Why can't your own party be afforded the same luxury?

Jawmuncher

I'm playing on normal casual and loving it. I understand from a gameplay perspective why you'd play on classic mode (added challenge etc.) but from a story perspective it makes no sense to me. When your posse comes head-to-head with some monarch, you "defeat" him or her and they usually don't die. Why can't your own party be afforded the same luxury?

Gotta say I agree with you.
I really feel that story wise casual mode just makes more sense as well. Hopefully they'll be sticking with it. It has been pretty well received.

PBalfredo

Ya that's mom and daughter in that picture.

The whole kids-from-the-future time travel aspect creates some very strange and interesting family dynamics. Especially since at the end of the game
the kids don't go "home" to the future, but rather stay in their parent's timeline. That means we're left with future!Lucina being roughly the same age as her parents while they are raising infant!Lucina. Then future!Lucina marries MaleMU and out pops Morgan who is about the same age as her mother and about the same age as her grandparents. So that means infant!Lucina is going to grow up with "big sister" future!Lucina and her daughter morgan, both of which are about as old as her mother.

Oxx

I think there's only one 'enemy' that I accidentally killed rather than recruited.

And I lost one of my army (Vaike). Good thing I'm not a completionist.

Oxx

I can't say that many of the hair-colours have made much of an impression on me, but Inigo looks dumb with his red hair.

Chrom

3tXhpnU.png

Kellam confirmed for Smash 4.

You're definitely going to want Gregor to marry Panne rather than Vaike. Vaike!Yarne has very few useful skills and crumples like a wet paper towel, while Gregor!Yarne has access to Armsthrift, Vantage and Astra and has better defenses while only being two Attack shy of Vaike!Gerome when maxed.

Trust me; I just finished maxing out my Gregor!Yarne and he's proving to be one of the most valuable troops in my army. Slap Helswath/a Brave Axe on him and nothing survives!

Draxal

Updated this. For the masters, how does it look? Are these pairs good?

If you're doing Gregor - Panne, like everybody else is mentioning. I think Vaike - Cherche is a great fit (or you can do Gregor - Cherche).

While Virion is a fun unit and his thing with Cherche is very much made for the story, he's kinda shitty dad for Gerome.

Also, really would want to give Henry to Sumia over Fred.

You're definitely going to want Gregor to marry Panne rather than Vaike. Vaike!Yarne has very few useful skills and crumples like a wet paper towel, while Gregor!Yarne has access to Armsthrift, Vantage and Astra and has better defenses while only being two Attack shy of Vaike!Gerome when maxed.

Trust me; I just finished maxing out my Gregor!Yarne and he's proving to be one of the most valuable troops in my army. Slap Helswath/a Brave Axe on him and nothing survives!

I agree let vaike be forever alone for Gregor/yarne. The rabbit deserves the best.

If you're doing Gregor - Panne, like everybody else is mentioning. I think Vaike - Cherche is a great fit (or you can do Gregor - Cherche).

While Virion is a fun unit and his thing with Cherche is very much made for the story, he's kinda shitty dad for Gerome.

Also, really would want to give Henry to Sumia over Fred.
Updated it, that team is the best now. But does this mean Frederick is going to be single?

CorvoSol

So I hitched Stahl to Lissa after finally running them through all their classes, and am now building up Chrom and Olivia so that they can pass any necessary skills on, and it occurs to me: I hate the Archer and Sniper class so much. I mean, in regular play whatever, but to build it up the enemy AI is such a pain.

So I hitched Stahl to Lissa after finally running them through all their classes, and am now building up Chrom and Olivia so that they can pass any necessary skills on, and it occurs to me: I hate the Archer and Sniper class so much. I mean, in regular play whatever, but to build it up the enemy AI is such a pain.

Chapter 17's map! Turtle it out from where you start. Even better if you summon up a magically based risen team.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Old dragon lady Nowi hit the retirement home but in returns I got a Anna & Olivia. 2 for the price of 1? I'm still in the green! The chapter 11 battle was kinda a bother. Aside from reinforcements the baddies didn't give up after their king got axed! I was expecting the battle to end there but noooo. Then Chrom hooks up with Sully? Where'd they pull that pairing out of?? Meanwhile on the world map a special merchant shows up in the same place as the zom... Risen! Ya forget that. I'm not doing no filler battle just to shop!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Wrote yourself out of Nah's life.

I can't.
If I don't know what that is it can't bother me!

Nowi could have became your second best unit/tank D:
If she was so great she wouldn't have fell so easily! You'd think a 1000 year old would already have max stats instead of being fragile!

btw meaning to ask about all this chatter of grinding/reclassing/super weapons/etc. Is FE:A's post-game another DQIX type o' thing o.o?

ffdgh

If I don't know what that is it can't bother me!

If she was so great she wouldn't have fell so easily! You'd think a 1000 year old would already have max stats instead of being fragile!

btw meaning to ask about all this chatter of grinding/reclassing/super weapons/etc. Is FE:A's post-game another DQIX type o' thing o.o?

Hmm how to put this...if you keep letting the women and guys die, you won't have much of a post game :p

Boney

Banned
Old dragon lady Nowi hit the retirement home but in returns I got a Anna & Olivia. 2 for the price of 1? I'm still in the green! The chapter 11 battle was kinda a bother. Aside from reinforcements the baddies didn't give up after their king got axed! I was expecting the battle to end there but noooo. Then Chrom hooks up with Sully? Where'd they pull that pairing out of?? Meanwhile on the world map a special merchant shows up in the same place as the zom... Risen! Ya forget that. I'm not doing no filler battle just to shop!

After chapter 11, if Crom isn't married, he'll hook up with whoever he has the highest support, and in your case it was Sully.

Top Bottom