• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

NeonZ

Owain says "Binding Blade"(formerly known as Sword of Seals) in both a conversation and one of his generic phrases (exp gain).

Shahadan

Binding Blade was the one I couldn't remember I think!
Did I miss Owain planning to put someone on his Path of Radiance or something or did that not make it? :(

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
It's more for the really challenging DLC stuff, specifically Apotheosis.
Oh blah dlc. Never gonna touch such stuffs anyway.

Hmm how to put this...if you keep letting the women and guys die, you won't have much of a post game :p
No fair! You say "letting" I say "playing the game". Unless ya mean I shoulda went casual mode?

After chapter 11, if Crom isn't married, he'll hook up with whoever he has the highest support, and in your case it was Sully.
Ack! I didn't even know ya could marry or when or whatevers! Its still an asspull pairing cause I never once used the pair command with them or saw any support scenes. I'm guessing its just cause she's the longest suriviving girl whose not his sister or my MC.

CorvoSol

Just one.

Two from their base class, RK from Chrom and ??? from Olivia.

That ??? better be Galeforce.

Well definitely. I just thought that grinding parents enough meant that I could have characters start out with more than just that for skills. How does it work for Avatar? Does he only pass on Ignis to one child, or can it be both?

Well definitely. I just thought that grinding parents enough meant that I could have characters start out with more than just that for skills. How does it work for Avatar? Does he only pass on Ignis to one child, or can it be both?

Whatever is the last skill he/she has equipped to however many children you have.

Only Chrom is super special in passing down skills.

CorvoSol

Whatever is the last skill he/she has equipped to however many children you have.

Only Chrom is super special in passing down skills.

So for recap: Chrom passes down RK to sons and AE to daughters, and all other parents pass down their 5th skill to their children. Children have their 2 base class skills no matter what. So all children begin with 4 skills? And if I want say, Severa to have Ignis and Galeforce, I need to have Avatar and Cordelia equip Ignis and Galeforce to their 5th slots, correct?

Ignis is teh suck imo.

But it is pretty!

ohlawd

So for recap: Chrom passes down RK to sons and AE to daughters, and all other parents pass down their 5th skill to their children. Children have their 2 base class skills no matter what. So all children begin with 4 skills? And if I want say, Severa to have Ignis and Galeforce, I need to have Avatar and Cordelia equip Ignis and Galeforce to their 5th slots, correct?

Cynthia: "Nailed it!"

Draxal mentions Lucina's Aether to Morgan so there's that. You can't pass down DLC skills either.

McNum

Ah, nothing like out-of-order DLC to make me a bit humble. Rogues and Redeemers 1.

First of all: I know that map. One of my favorite chapters of Path of Radiance.
Second of all: Ouch. Got a Game Over due to critical Avatar HP failure.

But I am happy to report that Project Dragontank is a resounding success. For all that the enemies beat up the Avatar, Lucina, Chrom and anyone else dumb enough to be in the enemy's zone of attack on the Enemy Phase, they couldn't even touch Morgan. And Inigo as a Sniper is working awesome, too, in that pair. You know you're showing off a little when you use the Black Knight as your Galeforce trigger to move further. That's Sniper Inigo.

Speaking of the Black Knight. Way to spoiler, IS. He's not wearing a helmet. And he does look like who he is in his own games.

I guess i have to re-evaluate my Avatar's skills. Not that putting him out ahead like that was a smart move, but he really should have held up a little better. Maybe he needs a custom weapon so he can heal more with Sol.

Speaking of the Black Knight. Way to spoiler, IS. He's not wearing a helmet. And he does look like who he is in his own games.

You know the legacy characters are totally ridiculous when you see that.

Plus there's Legion from Mystery of the Emblem who loses his mask too.

McNum

You know the legacy characters are totally ridiculous when you see that.

Plus there's Legion from Mystery of the Emblem who loses his mask too.
They could have used the generic helmeted General model, at least.

Well, I made a forged weapon for my avatar now. Brave Sword +5 Mt, +10 Hit, +3 Crit. Named "Tikiwiki", of course. Because it hits four times. Unless the one the sword is named after decides to follow each strike up with a fireball, then we're probably not getting to four...

But I'm thinking now, there is another kind of weapon I could see the upside of forging: Killer weapons. Because running into battle with a +45 Crit chance seems like a fun idea.

ffdgh

Forged Celia's gales, forged alm blades, and forged Hector's axes...with arms thrift :p

Oh and katarina's bolt with Max crit.

NeonZ

They could have used the generic helmeted General model, at least.

It's kind of weird because they do use generic knights with helmets in Lost Bloodlines (not Generals, Knights). They should have kept Black Knight's helmet on, at least as an enemy.

khaaan

The whole kids-from-the-future time travel aspect creates some very strange and interesting family dynamics. Especially since at the end of the game
the kids don't go "home" to the future, but rather stay in their parent's timeline. That means we're left with future!Lucina being roughly the same age as her parents while they are raising infant!Lucina. Then future!Lucina marries MaleMU and out pops Morgan who is about the same age as her mother and about the same age as her grandparents. So that means infant!Lucina is going to grow up with "big sister" future!Lucina and her daughter morgan, both of which are about as old as her mother.

Wait.....wut.

You can marry the children characters!?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Olivia & Maribelle retired! Guess the latters plot armor ran out. Up ta chapter 14 now an the stories finally getting serious? Gameplays taken a turn for the defensive? Just pair up, sit back, an let the enemy come to you an get crushed by counterattacks! Or is that just me being lazy o.o?

Olivia & Maribelle retired! Guess the latters plot armor ran out. Up ta chapter 14 now an the stories finally getting serious? Gameplays taken a turn for the defensive? Just pair up, sit back, an let the enemy come to you an get crushed by counterattacks! Or is that just me being lazy o.o?

WTF you let Olivia die o_O!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Henry didn't last long and Kjelle got killed off before she could even join the group so I'm not counting her against my total! I've still got more people alive than dead!

WTF you let Olivia die o_O!
Whys everyone keep saying "let"?? Hate the game not the player! I'm not playing casual an I'm not reseting an having ta go through entire battles all over an over an over again until a battle goes "perfectly" -_-

CorvoSol

Your entire army is going to die before you ever reach the end, dude.

Henry didn't last long and Kjelle got killed off before she could even join the group so I'm not counting her against my total! I've still got more people alive than dead!

Whys everyone keep saying "let"?? Hate the game not the player! I'm not playing casual an I'm not reseting an having ta go through entire battles all over an over an over again until a battle goes "perfectly" -_-

Dude retreat is a requirement in hard mode especially at the beginning. Low HP units should not be near the enemy. Or you can pair them with a strong one and switch as ones HP gets lower.

At this rate you won't even have a full army in the last chapter. >.>^

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
You are losing out on both story missions as well as powerful characters though

Not at all. Since we have SpotPass characters that can easily be replaceable by even themselves, you can never not have a full army.

I didn't know this but then again I wouldn't bleed off units like Lindsay lol.

The next Fire Emblem needs to have replays available and you can share them because I would love to see Lindsay's replays.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
aether Kjelle left for dead?.....wat?!
Did not leave her for dead! I got my party up to her but some enemy mage got a double shot of flamethrower on her which was super effective against her big steel type armor! Not my fault if AI controlled allys make stupid moves x.x That whole battle with the infinitely spawning baddies until the leader was killed was crap.

Lindsay's playthrough fully embraces the brutality of war.
Newbie tacticians are bound ta have a blunder or two~ an its not even that brutal since theres as many people retired as there are dead o.o

Your entire army is going to die before you ever reach the end, dude.
No ways I got like 15/16 people an the game generously gives ya more members every chapter or so! I dun see the big deal either since ya never can take your whole force into every battle. Alive/Dead/Retired, people'd just be left sitting on the sidelines all the same. As things are now I've got a core group getting tougher an tougher without much dead weight!

Dude retreat is a requirement in hard mode especially at the beginning. Low HP units should not be near the enemy. Or you can pair them with a strong one and switch as ones HP gets lower.
Whats retreat and whats it do? Bring the dead back to life in exchange for having to redo the battle all over again? That would be no different from reseting!

Not at all. Since we have SpotPass characters that can easily be replaceable by even themselves, you can never not have a full army.
Unless ya got spotpass disabled (battery life > *)!

You are losing out on both story missions as well as powerful characters though
Well ya know what they say... It can't be helped! In the future I'll replay the game on casual mode an get ta unlock everything without all the fuss!

ffdgh

You could have used a rescue staff to save Kjelle. That what I do since sage Lissa usually has more than enough magic to rescue her at the start of the map.

Sumia can stay a dark flier or go to sage or great knight.
Cordelia a hero
Lissa a sage
Maribelle a valkire
Olivia an assassin

They generally suck tho

Their only weakness is no supports which is easily fixed by Dual Support+ which any female SpotPass character can learn. Some male SpotPass characters start with it as well like Prince Marth and Sigurd. Some males even start with Galeforce like Jamke, Jaffar and Camus.

Unless ya got spotpass disabled (battery life > *)!

SpotPass only takes one connection to the internet to get the weekly updates and nothing more. It's not the same as StreetPass, which could also net you more expendable characters.

Chrom

Whats retreat and whats it do? Bring the dead back to life in exchange for having to redo the battle all over again? That would be no different from reseting!

I think he's just referring to the general tactic of not always going headfirst into the enemies all the time, and it's true!

Alucrid

Banned
You could have used a rescue staff to save Kjelle. That what I do since sage Lissa usually has more than enough magic to rescue her at the start of the map.

Sumia can stay a dark flier or go to sage or great knight.
Cordelia a hero
Lissa a sage
Maribelle a valkire
Olivia an assassin

Great, that's what I needed to know. Thanks.

Top Bottom