• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

What's up with the avaiability of this game? I visited more than 5 stores (in The Netherlands) and none had it in stock. Some didn't receive enough to fill preorders, some didn't get any in at all. I've never seen this with any Nintendo release ever... FU Nintendo, I'm still not going digital.

ffdgh

Gotta get them digital sales to show how "great" they are becoming....and more moneyz.

But yeah the NA/EU stock problems are so absurd.

Wyverns are pretty bad in this game. Not really worth having it as someone's end class.

That's why I really wish Cherche had different reclass options, so she would be a better unit instead of having to be stuck riding Minerva.

Reclassing Cherche into a War Cleric is the closest thing she got to a Maid class.

McNum

Hmm, I think I've found another retranslation for the EU version.

I completed chapter 3 and unlocked "Side Story 1". Green dot, lower right of the map. I assume that's a new translation of "Paralogue"? Would it be a good idea to do it now or get a few more level ups? Also if I summon the Spotpass team, what happens? Will they block the way?

Also Pair Up is fun, but wow is that unfair to the enemy. Frederik suddenly got a brand new job in the army: Taxi! You can leap frog someone by moving them to the other character and then moving that character afterwards. I wonder how far you could move one unit in one turn. Can you relay?

Supports aren't building that quick, but it'll be fine. Got some Cs already. Chrom and Sumia spent the whole map paired up, that was apparently worth a C. And a good laugh against the boss. "MY TURN!!" *NO DAMAGE*

But quote of the fight came from Kellam. After getting a Dual Strike from Chrom:
"*sigh* Another spotlight stolen..."
I'm going to like this guy, I can tell.

I completed chapter 3 and unlocked "Side Story 1". Green dot, lower right of the map. I assume that's a new translation of "Paralogue"? Would it be a good idea to do it now or get a few more level ups? Also if I summon the Spotpass team, what happens? Will they block the way?

Other than the children's chapters, you should be ready for the side chapters as soon as they appear really.

And yes, technically the enemy units in the map block their location in a way since you can't enter the shop there unless they go away, but that's it really.

Hmm, I think I've found another retranslation for the EU version.

You can always enter the side story, see the enemy's stats and exit if you don't think you are strong enough for it. There's no time limit in completing them and they never go away.

A SpotPass team will just go onto an empty already cleared space on your world map. The only thing they block is the shop on that square and you can always dismiss them and resummon them another time.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Wyverns are pretty bad in this game. Not really worth having it as someone's end class.

That's why I really wish Cherche had different reclass options, so she would be a better unit instead of having to be stuck riding Minerva.

Searching around, a lot of people like him as a Wyvern Lord. Then again, especially on Gamefaqs, I disagree with a lot of the "ideal classes" because they take dumb things into account like variety, story, and "natural"/starting class.

I don't really care about that stuff though. Variety means nothing if you're wasting a character's potential by sticking them in a worse class than they could be in (i.e., Cordelia as a Falcon Knight and not a Hero. Maybe not the best example but the first to come to mind).

So do you guys usually pair up your party members or just line them up so they are next to each other and pair up during the fights?

Circumstantial. Pair up for stat boosts, don't pair up if having more available units to fight is more important.

Also Pair Up is fun, but wow is that unfair to the enemy. Frederik suddenly got a brand new job in the army: Taxi! You can leap frog someone by moving them to the other character and then moving that character afterwards. I wonder how far you could move one unit in one turn. Can you relay?

Yes, you can use transfer to relay units. I've done that before while unlocking chests to get it done quicker, but the map design throughout the game generally doesn't make it too beneficial.

So do you guys usually pair up your party members or just line them up so they are next to each other and pair up during the fights?

Mixture of both.

During my Hard mode run, all of my units proved to be too powerful after level grinding so I just let them go solo and be next to each other.

However, pairing up is still useful when going up against units to strong for anyone to handle alone (like in my lunatic run currently) and is actually a necessity if I want to survive the maps.

ARGH! Chapter 12 almost went perfect for me,
and I finally got another axe user with the wyvern rider and she was tearing shit up and getting great level ups, so of course she had to be the one unit to get caught out by the boss (who was of course the only remaining unit) on the final turn, WHY DIDN'T YOU DOOODGE?!
sorrow in victory indeed.

Okay it's definitely time to reclass or upgrade my units, how should I be tackling this? i've got second seals and master seals, which ones should I be using first?

ffdgh

Paralogue sounds much more interesting than......side story.

robin to grand master
chrom to great lord.

who else do you use?

zroid

Banned
Okay it's definitely time to reclass or upgrade my units, how should I be tackling this? i've got second seals and master seals, which ones should I be using first?

Depends what your goals are. In most cases I think it's better to Master Seal first because you're already close to your promoted skills and it's kind of a waste to let them go now. If you really have no interest in the promoted skills of the class the unit is in, then Second Sealing off the bat is fine.

Either way, grinding makes it so you're never going to screw yourself over, so do as you please!

YES ! :D

fire_emblem_a_3ds_1_12usx5.jpg

fire_emblem_a_3ds_2_1hkseb.jpg

fire_emblem_a_3ds_3_169sm5.jpg

fire_emblem_a_3ds_40as9b.jpg

fire_emblem_a_3ds_5kxstz.jpg

fire_emblem_a_3ds_6xjs0f.jpg

fire_emblem_a_3ds_71csqt.jpg

fire_emblem_a_3ds_8zpsq7.jpg

Also any youtube video guids for a Fire Emblem noob like myself?

dc89

Gotta get them digital sales to show how "great" they are becoming....and more moneyz.

But yeah the NA/EU stock problems are so absurd.

Stock problems in the EU too?

Just checked some sites for stock. ShopTo have it on back order and trust GAME. They have stock and they're selling it for £39.99. On Thursday you could have pre-ordered it for £32.99.

I hate them at times.

robin to grand master
chrom to great lord.

who else do you use?
Was this in response to my post? well if so the other units that frequently fixture in my team and are relatively high levelled are...
Lissa (somehow my highest level unit as far as base classes go, man those staffs got a nice exp boost)
Sully
Kellam
Miriel
Lon'qu
Cordelia
Tharja

Panne and Ricken sort of hover on the edge at lower levels, as does Sumia who seems to have
forcibly been made the bride of Chrom
which may make her worth bringing along?

Depends what your goals are. In most cases I think it's better to Master Seal first because you're already close to your promoted skills and it's kind of a waste to let them go now. If you really have no interest in the promoted skills of the class the unit is in, then Second Sealing off the bat is fine.

I was thinking with Master Seal first, partly because I can actually buy them from the shop so there's enough to go around.

m0t0k1

What's up with the avaiability of this game? I visited more than 5 stores (in The Netherlands) and none had it in stock. Some didn't receive enough to fill preorders, some didn't get any in at all. I've never seen this with any Nintendo release ever... FU Nintendo, I'm still not going digital.

I live in a big city in the netherlands and i went to 10 different stores to check out if they had it in stock. And i found only 1 copy. Which i made mine of course.

Btw i just found out it took exactly one year the time difference between Japanese release and European release.

Was this in response to my post? well if so the other units that frequently fixture in my team and are relatively high levelled are...
Lissa (somehow my highest level unit as far as base classes go, man those staffs got a nice exp boost)
Sully
Kellam
Miriel
Lon'qu
Cordelia
Tharja

Panne and Ricken sort of hover on the edge at lower levels, as does Sumia who seems to have

Lissa: Sage for magic or War Cleric TO SMASH THINGS WITH AXES
Sully: I guess Great Knight for Luna
Kellam: Great Knight could be good for more movement
Miriel: Sage
Lon'qu: Whichever one looks cooler, since both Swordmaster and Assassin have good skills
Cordelia: Dark Filer for the better skill. Unless she has gained an amazing amount of magic, making her into a mobile flying healer isn't as awesome as it sounds
Tharja: Sorcerer for more dark magic fun.

But, in reality, you can easily just choose whatever class tickles your fancy.

ffdgh

Lissa- sage (somehow my highest level unit as far as base classes go, man those staffs got a nice exp boost)
Sully- Great knight
Kellam- General
Miriel- Sage
Lon'qu- Assassin
Cordelia- Dark flyer then second seal into hero...or second seal her now to mercenary for arms thrift then master seal her to hero.
Tharja- sorcerer

I was thinking with Master Seal first, partly because I can actually buy them from the shop so there's enough to go around.

Yup and I put th the suggest classes.

Lissa: Sage for magic or War Cleric TO SMASH THINGS WITH AXES
Sully: I guess Great Knight for Luna
Kellam: Great Knight could be good for more movement
Miriel: Sage
Lon'qu: Whichever one looks cooler, since both Swordmaster and Assassin have good skills
Cordelia: Dark Filer for the better skill. Unless she has gained an amazing amount of magic, making her into a mobile flying healer isn't as awesome as it sounds
Tharja: Sorcerer for more dark magic fun.

But, in reality, you can easily just choose whatever class tickles your fancy.

Yup and I put th the suggest classes.

All seems like good advice to me, yes, smash things with axes, lord knows I need them.

I was going to ask for Chapter 5 help and then I remember the rescue staff exists...shame I only have 4 range so to it might be of limited use.

I could also stop doing with bad luck. 3 enemies with about 30% hit, need one of them not to hit and I'm home free...all 3 hit. Thanks
this is why I hate dodge tanks

Interesting to know that they changed Paralogue to Side Story. Wonder what else changed.
Well given paralogue is a rather obscure word* outside of academia** I can see why NOE would change it (they do this for obscure terms...I wonder if its not so much for the British readers but those who do not speak English as a first language).

*-Its not in my web browsers spell check. Heres what it means...with how the later ones are it figures.
**-e.g. "Consequences of Hox gene duplication in the vertebrates: an investigation of the zebrafish Hox paralogue group 1 genes"

Well given paralogue is a rather obscure word* outside of academia** I can see why NOE would change it (they do this for obscure terms...I wonder if its not so much for the British readers but those who do not speak English as a first language).

*-Its not in my web browsers spell check. Heres what it means...with how the later ones are it figures.
**-e.g. "Consequences of Hox gene duplication in the vertebrates: an investigation of the zebrafish Hox paralogue group 1 genes"

I'm pretty sure the intention was for it to be Para(llel)logue. I mean, they're parallel stories. DLCs are Xenologues because they're "foreign" stories.

Chrom

I'm pretty sure the intention was for it to be Para(llel)logue. I mean, they're parallel stories. DLCs are Xenologues because they're "foreign" stories.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Incidentally, unless I'm mistaken, DLC in the PAL version are titled Outrealm Tales, rather than Xenologue.

Bururian

I have two magic users that are seriously lagging behind in level, I have no way to figure out how to catch them back up. Any suggestions?

pariah164

... I have a strong desire to make every female in the party Brides by endgame for my second playthrough. Like, the class, not married. Though they'll be both, lol.

pariah164

I have two magic users that are seriously lagging behind in level, I have no way to figure out how to catch them back up. Any suggestions?
One word: DLC. Grind your DLC map of choice. If you have the EXPonential Growth map, you'll gain at LEAST a level or two before the enemies GTFO.

Yeah, I definitely do like the naming they used for this game. A lot more than some of the names they gave to the legacy characters.

ohlawd

... I have a strong desire to make every female in the party Brides by endgame for my second playthrough. Like, the class, not married. Though they'll be both, lol.

I did that and I mean all females in every sense of the word. All maxed out and have all their promoted skills handy. Lvl 30 and Bow/Lance/Staff ranks at A.

But then Limit Breaker came out (right now, I've got about 10 maxed out) so I gotta do it again but it won't be as bad since I've done mostly all the work.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
so this game is really good

pariah164

I did that and I mean all females in every sense of the word. All maxed out and have all their promoted skills handy. Lvl 30 and Bow/Lance/Staff ranks at A.

But then Limit Breaker came out (right now, I've got about 10 maxed out) so I gotta do it again but it won't be as bad since I've done mostly all the work.
Limit Breaker?

Also, I would like to max stats on my character, but I have no clue how, since switching classes usually leads to me LOWERING their stats. I'm that much of a failget.

Bururian

One word: DLC. Grind your DLC map of choice. If you have the EXPonential Growth map, you'll gain at LEAST a level or two before the enemies GTFO.

The only one I got was the free one they did a while back. I've bee trying this one battle of the risen that randomly appear on the map. It's working so far, but I'm only working one of the two magic users.

ohlawd

Limit Breaker?

Also, I would like to max stats on my character, but I have no clue how, since switching classes usually leads to me LOWERING their stats. I'm that much of a failget.

+10 to your stat caps barring HP but you'll have to gain those levels yourself. It's a skill from Rogues & Redeemers 3.

Severa is such a beast I swear. 58 Speed as a Bride. Bride Cynthia has 58 speed too but she don't got Armsthrift.

Cipherr

YES ! :D

[/img]http://abload.de/img/fire_emblem_a_3ds_1_12usx5.jpg[/img]
[/img]http://abload.de/img/fire_emblem_a_3ds_2_1hkseb.jpg[/img]
[/img]http://abload.de/img/fire_emblem_a_3ds_3_169sm5.jpg[/img]
[/img]http://abload.de/img/fire_emblem_a_3ds_40as9b.jpg[/img]
fire_emblem_a_3ds_5kxstz.jpg

[/img]http://abload.de/img/fire_emblem_a_3ds_6xjs0f.jpg[/img]
[/img]http://abload.de/img/fire_emblem_a_3ds_71csqt.jpg[/img]
[/img]http://abload.de/img/fire_emblem_a_3ds_8zpsq7.jpg[/img]

Also any youtube video guids for a Fire Emblem noob like myself?

DAT DS! DAT MX518!

ffdgh

+10 to your stat caps barring HP but you'll have to gain those levels yourself. It's a skill from Rogues & Redeemers 3.

Severa is such a beast I swear. 58 Speed as a Bride. Bride Cynthia has 58 speed too but she don't got Armsthrift.

But cynthia does have Aether <3.
Man I need bride...and limit breaker.

Draxal

Ah damn it, I was hoping I wouldn't have to farm the maps =.=

Be prepared to farm rogues and redeemers 3 forever and forever.

My severa is beyond broken right now.

Top Bottom