• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

I know about promotion, but is it better to reclass at Lvl 10 or Lvl 20?

Depends on how much extra grinding you'll want to. If you just want the skills instead of the possible extra gained stats (or you already capped most of your stats anyway), reclassing early would be a good choice. Otherwise, reclass and promote at level 20.

I mean, there is the whole notion of internal levels and lowered exp with reclassing, but in reality it's not that big of an issue, unless you are trying to be extremely optimal with exp gain or something.

ohlawd

To me, it depends if a unit's reaching their stat caps or nearing to.

10 if they're maxed out their main stats, 10+ if they aren't. Gotta take advantage of that faster exp gain.

Ah I see. So if they're close to stats max then might as well reclass them then, and it depends on how concerned I am with optimal EXP gain and stuff. Gotcha.

Thanks once again, people. So many questions haha.

I know this is the PAL thread but is all the DLC released in NA now?

Well, this is just second OT, that we all happened to reach right around the PAL release.

I think we're due one more stage of the challenge pack that gives out the peg sisters. There's also Katarina's DLC map as well.

Then, we should get the awesome stuff of beach and spa missions and the despair future set as well. Hopefully.

I'm having some trouble at the beginning of the game. A challenge battle spawned at the same spot where the green merchant is. 'Challenge: The Northroad' it's called. These enemies are really tough though, the green merchant is on the map as well and she almost always dies in the first turn.

Not sure how to proceed. Can I just do the next story mission and do the challenge later? Does it matter if the green merchant dies or not?

Moonlight

Banned
You can just do the next story mission, I believe they'll still be there after it (although they all disappear in time). Letting her die doesn't really matter, but that's an awful and terrible thing to do, you monster.

I'm having some trouble at the beginning of the game. A challenge battle spawned at the same spot where the green merchant is. 'Challenge: The Northroad' it's called. These enemies are really tough though, the green merchant is on the map as well and she almost always dies in the first turn.

Not sure how to proceed. Can I just do the next story mission and do the challenge later? Does it matter if the green merchant dies or not?

You can. The stuff on the world map usually disappears after a day or so, so there's no hurry.

If you complete the battle while keeping the merchant alive, you'll get a random item from her.

Anteo

Played for 13 hours and haven't seen this yet :eek:

If you are talking about the Merchant thing, that happens at random, you need a Merchant to spawn in the overworld and then a random battle to spawn in the same spot, the game merges the two and makes it a "protect the merchant" mission. Though protecting her is optional.

Played for 13 hours and haven't seen this yet :eek:

It's completely random. It's usually when a merchant spawns on the map and then sometime later a risen spawns on the same square.

Sometimes you can have another risen spawn on the same spot as an existing risen so you'll have double the enemies to fight!

ohlawd

If you complete the battle while keeping the merchant alive, you'll get a random item from her.

I forgot but does Anna disappear so you can't buy items from her like usual if you manage to protect her?

I haven't had Anna spawn like that in a looooong time.

Soulhouf

When I started the game first time I summoned Hector's team and one day a random risen showed up there.
It was a funny spectacle watching Hector and his crew completely annihilate the enemy lol

@ohlawd: she stays there and you can buy whatever you want as usual.

zroid

Banned
It's pretty damn awesome how Anna physically coexists with enemy forces on random spawns. The first time I saw that I had a huge grin.

Link Man

Banned
I forgot but does Anna disappear so you can't buy items from her like usual if you manage to protect her?

I haven't had Anna spawn like that in a looooong time.

If you protect her, she'll still be on the map when you finish the battle.

However, I do wonder what
the Anna in your party
says when you buy from one of those merchants.
Never used her/bought anything for her.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
the Anna in your party

I've never actually done this. You just made me really curious.

Moonlight

Banned
If you protect her, she'll still be on the map when you finish the battle.

the Anna in your party
When buying: "Hmph. Not much of a selection, is there?"

When selling: "Think you can get a good price? At my shop you can."

Same for the usual merchants.

EDIT: By the way, just wait till you guys have two Risen spawn on the same spot.

Kincaido

When buying: "Hmph. Not much of a selection, is there?"

When selling: "Think you can get a good price? At my shop you can."

Same for the usual merchants.

EDIT: By the way, just wait till you guys have two Risen spawn on the same spot.

True love right here. Gotta remember what your waifu says.

MicH

At what level should I peomotoe my Avatar? He's at level 12 right now but I don't have a Master (right?) seal.

Also I finally trained up Sumia a bit. She now packs quite a punch! Donnel still can't do anything though

At what level should I peomotoe my Avatar? He's at level 12 right now but I don't have a Master (right?) seal.

Also I finally trained up Sumia a bit. She now packs quite a punch! Donnel still can't do anything though

You can go up to level 20, since EXP isn't a limited resource in this game. Or really whenever you get a Master Seal and feel like it. :p

Can Donnel ever do anything?

Moonlight

Banned
He'll be able to do a lot of things if you put enough time into him. That's his schtick. Incredibly good growth rates. Just wait till you can stick him in as a Mercenary, and Donnel will turn into one of the best units in the game for a time.

ohlawd

Can Donnel ever do anything?

Yes.

0jBw1vt.jpg

But only after you babysit him.

Kincaido

Most of the DLC art is good anyway.

My favorite is probably Micaiah's. But in general, people are too picky mang.

Yeah! Another person that likes Micaiah's. Celica is my favorite one. I never played FE2 though.

Savitar

Donnel will be a solid character for you if you get him leveled up, sure he's a pain at first but later on you'll be kicking ass with him. And in case your wondering, he always keeps the pot on his head even if you reclass him.

As for Cordelia, she makes great bait to lure enemies away while your important members do something!

(Is kidding)

Kincaido

Donnel will be a solid character for you if you get him leveled up, sure he's a pain at first but later on you'll be kicking ass with him. And in case your wondering, he always keeps the pot on his head even if you reclass him.

As for Cordelia, she makes great bait to lure enemies away while your important members do something!

(Is kidding)

I had a strongly worded message ready for you until the last part sir or madam.

Top Bottom