• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

NeonZ

You only have a hard limit of 30 for the DLC, spotpass legacy and other people's avatar characters.

The limit of DLC/Spotpass/ExtraAvatars is actually only 20. You can record the stats of the others in the logbook, but you can't keep more than 20 in your party at once.

The limit of DLC/Spotpass/ExtraAvatars is actually only 20. You can record the stats of the others in the logbook, but you can't keep more than 20 in your party at once.

Ah, got my numbers wrong. There's also a limit of 99 records in your avatar logbook as well.

CorvoSol

Just found out that Best Guy Gregor shares my personal fear of heights. I didn't think he could be any better. Actually, all of Gregor's supports with Cherche have been pretty good.

Kenka

OK fuck off FE:A. I reach the last deck of the three-layered Ghost Castle level and some idiot land a critical on Anna who just opened the door. The result: I lose my highest rated team member. Pissed beyond belief by how flucky the adversary got. Classic mode really is for masochists.

Frost_Ace

Their caps are crap compared to the more specialized attack classes such as Sage or Berserker.

Brides have high caps for the stats they need, which makes them all in all more effective.
I see.

I wish classes were more balanced in this game. Tricksters, war monks, Valkyries they all suck :(

Oxx

I spent my remaining eshop funds on the new streetpass games. Im going to have godlike limit broken characters and nothing to fight.

I need some help on some stuff I can't figure out on my own. Mostly what class my child units should be, and who should be the father of the remaining kids I have to get. Also some skills stuff.

General Tips

- More than 1 proc skill (Sol, Luna, Astra etc) is pointless. If you must have more than 1 proc, use procs which have different activation rates (eg Astra and Luna, NOT Luna and Sol)

- If you are using Galeforce on most of your units, the most important proc is Luna (and Ignis which is limited to a few units). In order to ensure the kill necessary to activate Galeforce, Luna is your best and most reliable proc skill. Ignis is actually better since it gives you damage boost regardless of the enemy's defence, but only a few units have it. Sol doesnt help with Galeforce, and both Astra and Aether have half the activation rate of Luna. Similiarly Lethality is useless in that regard. If you dont have Luna then Astra or Aether will have to do.

- There is a huge disparity between the rate of enemy mages and enemy non-mages. Theres a lot more enemy physical units which all have low resistance, so you should be going to make your units into magic users if possible, since the enemy resistance will be alot lower than their defence (which will also help get the kill for Galeforce). The best units are Sages (for males) and Dark Fliers (for females)

- The best tome to use is Celica's Gale, forged 5 MT and 3 HT. If both your leading and supporting unit equip it, the supporting unit can attack twice for every attack the leading unit makes. So if dual strike activates every time, there is a possible total of twelve attacks, six before the enemy can counter attack and four chances for Luna/critical hit. The best physical weapon is a Brave weapon for similiar reasons.

- You should be aiming to avoid the enemy phase completely. With a paired up unit both with Galeforce and Celica's Gale, you can kill 2 units, and then fly out of enemy range. With my setup you should be clearing the map without even getting hit a single time. Hence I wont be recommending defensive skills such as Pavise, Aegis or Dual Guard. If you cant get out of enemy range you can use a rescue staff. 6 attacks from Celica's gale should be enough to kill the enemy before he can counterattack, Luna will help with that.

- Best pairups are Dark flier and Sage for massive MAG boosts. Sorcerer can replace sage if needed.

Marriage Advice:

Gaius!Noire for Pegusus Knight class

Gregor!Brady for Armsthrift

Ricken!Laurent for Luna and +6 MAG

Vaike!Nah for Luna and Armsthrift and +5 STR

Frederick!Gerome for Luna

Kellam!Yarne for Luna

Classes and Skills:

Stahl!Owain - Sage, with forged Celica Gale (Luna, Galeforce, Tomefaire, LB, filler). Marry with any dark flier wife

Sumia!Lucina - Dark Flier, with forged Celica Gale and forged Brave Lance (Luna, Galeforce, Dual Attack, Tomefaire, LB) Marry with any sage husband

Chrom!Cynthia - same as Lucina but filler instead of Dual Attack

Lonqu!Inigo - Sage with forged Celica Gale (Astra, Galeforce, Armsthrift, Tomefaire, LB). Marry with any dark flier wife

Donnel!Kjelle - Dark Flier with forged Celica Gale and forged Brave Lance (Luna, Galeforce, Armsthrift, LB, filler). Marry with any Sage husband

MU!Severa - Dark Flier with forged Celica Gale and forged Brave Lance (Ignis, Galeforce, Armsthrift, Tomefaire, LB). Marry with any Sage husband

Cordelia!Morgan - Dark Flier with forged Celica Gale and forged Brave Lance (Ignis, Galeforce, Armsthrift, Tomefaire, LB). Marry with any Sage husband

Gaius!Noire - Dark Flier with forged Celica Gale and forged Brave Lance (Luna, Galeforce, Move+1, LB, filler) Marry with any Sage husband

Gregor!Brady- Sage with forged Celica Gale (Luna, Galeforce, Armsthrift, Tomefaire, LB). Marry with any dark flier wife

Ricken!Laurent - Sage with forged Celica Gale (Luna, Tomefaire, LB, filler, filler) Marry with any dark flier wife

Nah and Gerome aren't going to be good mages so you can do whatever physical class you want. They dont get Galeforce so we should expect them to get hit alot. Remember that if you follow the above setup you'll have alot of Sages with Rescue and Physics, so Sol is not needed.

Frederick!Gerome - Warrior or Hero or whatever with a forged Brave Weapon (Luna, Pavise, Aegis, Dual Guard/LB if Nah has DG, Deliverer) Marry with Nah.

Vaike!Nah - Manakete or whatever (Luna, Pavise, Dual Guard/Filler if Gerome has DG, Deliverer, Move+1/Armsthrift if not Manakete/LB). Marry with Gerome.

Kellam!Yarne- Berserker/General (Luna, Pavise, DG, Move+1, LB)

Celegus

Quick question, in Chapter 8 I believe, Tharja just showed up as an enemy, but how do I recruit her? Do I need to talk to her like with Gaius? She's the next enemy on the map and I don't want her to get counterattacked to death or anything (and I can't check FAQs at work).

Quick question, in Chapter 8 I believe, Tharja just showed up as an enemy, but how do I recruit her? Do I need to talk to her like with Gaius? She's the next enemy on the map and I don't want her to get counterattacked to death or anything (and I can't check FAQs at work).

Yeah, have Chrom talk to her.

You can unequip characters by swapping out their weapons or by using the "Remove" option when selecting a weapon.

-Horizon-

Tried my first Lunatic run Classic mode...screw this difficulty, screw the RNG (level up, only 2 stat increases, happened multiple times straight for almost all my characters lol), screw the fact that enemies with 30% chance of hitting will hit every time and my 80% won't! I already lost Stahl and Miriel in the same chapter they showed up in. Almost lost Lissa but she managed to avoid the fatal attack. I don't know how Vaike managed to stay alive without even having his axe.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Bentos >>>> Pies

GOXw7vN.jpg

Tried my first Lunatic run Classic mode...screw this difficulty, screw the RNG (level up, only 2 stat increases, happened multiple times straight for almost all my characters lol), screw the fact that enemies with 30% chance of hitting will hit every time and my 80% won't! I already lost Stahl and Miriel in the same chapter they showed up in. Almost lost Lissa but she managed to avoid the fatal attack. I don't know how Vaike managed to stay alive without even having his axe.

Pair up Frederick with Chrom, and move everyone else out of range. Give Virion's elixir to Fred asap. Put Fred on the forts if possible. Lunatic truly is Frederick Emblem until you complete chapter 4

Oxx

The very first enemy attack took 16 points from one of my strongest units, so I was a little worried.

But with 38 enemies left things have calmed-down a bit.

Edit: Done. Yeah, not too tough. I did almost get Maribelle killed by the final enemy after ignoring attack-ranges as I strolled towards victory.

Celegus

Yeah, have Chrom talk to her.

You can unequip characters by swapping out their weapons or by using the "Remove" option when selecting a weapon.

Thanks! Didn't know you could unequip like that in battle either, that should be handy from time to time. I did have one other question (mark in spoilers if it is a spoiler): does Frederick stay with you the whole game? He seemed so grossly overpowered in the first couple missions that I just assumed he was the "tutorial babysitter" and would leave soon. Mine is still level 1 for that reason.

NeonZ

He seemed so grossly overpowered in the first couple missions that I just assumed he was the "tutorial babysitter" and would leave soon. Mine is still level 1 for that reason.

Frederick never leaves, but he's a promoted character, so he actually counts as a level 21 character compared to other members of your initial party (and he has low stats for a level 21 character). That means he'd get less experience than your other units after killing the same enemies, leveling up very slowly in those first chapters, and eating experience that could go to other characters. Everyone else should be better than him when they get to that level, so you acted correctly by sidelining him (while playing through anything bellow lunatic, at least - In Lunatic, you pretty much need to use him to survive through the early game).

Is Limit Breaker something that every character can use?

Every DLC skill can be used by any character. Well, aside from the Dread Fighter/Bride class skills.

Oxx

Oh, it's a skill. So I have to equip it and then grind each character individually? Hmm.

Animal Crossing it is, then!

Anbec7

So uhm did the new update killed the Fire Emblem demo? I tried to play it and now is asking me to turn off my console WTF?

This never happened before and since I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive the demo was a great way to pass time...

Does anyone else suffer from this? (Or if you can do a test XD download the demo from the eShop and see if it asks you the same)

Anteo

So uhm did the new update killed the Fire Emblem demo? I tried to play it and now is asking me to turn off my console WTF?

This never happened before and since I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive the demo was a great way to pass time...

Does anyone else suffer from this? (Or if you can do a test XD download the demo from the eShop and see if it asks you the same)

Yeah the poor demo is death.
Time for a soft reset Nintendo.

Thanks! Didn't know you could unequip like that in battle either, that should be handy from time to time. I did have one other question (mark in spoilers if it is a spoiler): does Frederick stay with you the whole game? He seemed so grossly overpowered in the first couple missions that I just assumed he was the "tutorial babysitter" and would leave soon. Mine is still level 1 for that reason.

He sticks around, but he's a promoted unit with relatively poor stats for his level, so when your units promote, he'll start to fall behind.

Andrew J.

This series has a very distinct way of handling that character archetype. He won't leave, unless you let him get killed somehow, but if you rely on him too much in the early going it will be to the detriment of the experience gains of your other characters, and his stats relative to the enemy units' will cease being so impressive fairly soon.

GamerSoul

The RNG was kind to me just now. I was able to beat hard mode The Radiant Hero paralogue with just my Hero Morgan (thank you Sol skill!) with Swordmaster Sully as back support taking on the WHOLE army head on and Lucina with Chrom staying back and taking out maybe 2 enemies. Took many, many tries. heh it was the only way I could think of beating it.

Quixzlizx

Can you farm support by having one pair of units clear a whole map, or is there a limit to the amount of support points a character can earn on one map?

Top Bottom