• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Moonlight

Banned
fire_emblem_awakening_est.jpg

Still the best guest art. Wouldn't mind if a whole FE game looked like this.

I want to join but seems like Nintendo messed up the game stock here. No Game has the game and I sold a bunch of my games to be able to buy it.

Fuck you Nintendo. At least one week of wait.

Okamid3n

Each DLC character has a short conversation with you after you complete their chapter.

Lyn's pretty much makes the whole DLC worth it.

And then you'll be sad.

Do Est/Catria/Palla have a conversation too? I think I heard they didn't, but I didn't buy that pack so maybe I'm wrong.

I kind of want to buy it, but then I don't want to spend too much on the DLC and I really want the bonds DLC...How challenging is the latest pack on lunatic?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Do Est/Catria/Palla have a conversation too? I think I heard they didn't, but I didn't buy that pack so maybe I'm wrong.

I kind of want to buy it, but then I don't want to spend too much on the DLC and I really want the bonds DLC...How challenging is the latest pack on lunatic?

They don't =(

The first one is kinda challenging at first because it reduces hp of most characters to 1 from the beginning. The latest one with the Annas was easy imo.

ohlawd

First one is my favorite DLC right now.
Love it, HP to 1 is so good.

yeah 2nd one was easy.

As long as you bring a flier to the west side, you should be able to clear the map before reinforcements come.

Okamid3n

Thanks for the quick answers!

My units aren't fully stat-capped yet and I'm not using limit break, but I do have a bunch of galeforce kids which are strong enough to make even lunatic+ easy.

Maybe I'll just wait for TSON. I just really want to use my power units for something challenging after all that time raising the kids.

ohlawd

Thanks for the quick answers!

My units aren't fully stat-capped yet and I'm not using limit break, but I do have a bunch of galeforce kids which are strong enough to make even lunatic+ easy.

Maybe I'll just wait for TSON. I just really want to use my power units for something challenging after all that time raising the kids.

You'll need Limit Breaker if you want to beat TSON.

Sleepy

I tried forging one weapon for the hell of it...and HOLY SHIT does it make a difference: 18 damage to 38 with one box. So I spent most of my money gaining levels for all my characters' weapons.

ohlawd

I tried forging one weapon for the hell of it...and HOLY SHIT does it make a difference: 18 damage to 38 with one box. So I spent most of my money gaining levels for all my characters' weapons.

Keep track of your uses since forged weapons aren't exempt from breaking.

But never mind if you got dat Armsthrift skill or Golden Gaffe DLC for more monies.

Sleepy

Yeah, I am looking out for that, which is why I just tried it on one first, but damn is it worth it. However, all my characters are ridiculously powerful now. Everyone can one hit kill.

ffdgh

Gotta love the golden gaffe. Easy forged brave weapons, thoron, bolt axes, nosferatu/Aversa's nights and wastes all with the silver card for half price for all items. <3.

Tenck

So I lose Miriel, Fredrick, Lissa, Lon Qu guy, Ricken, and Maribel in a fight. Without hope I just leave my character and Chrom paired up so they can both die together. Little did I know Chrom would take on the whole map by himself and level up like 4 levels. This game, this freaking game sometimes man.

Sleepy

So I lose Miriel, Fredrick, Lissa, Lon Qu guy, Ricken, and Maribel in a fight. Without hope I just leave my character and Chrom paired up so they can both die together. Little did I know Chrom would take on the whole map by himself and level up like 4 levels. This game, this freaking game sometimes man.

Ouch. Are you playing casual?

Shane86

There's no option to repair weapons??? Just got this sick Alm's Blade from an enemy drop in chapter 3 and it only has 10 uses.

ohlawd

There's no option to repair weapons??? Just got this sick Alm's Blade from an enemy drop in chapter 3 and it only has 10 uses.

Hammerne staff. One time use, need B rank on staves.

Not really worth it though since those staves are rare. If you're lucky, you can buy one off Anna's shop on the world map.

Okamid3n

Aside from the already mentionned Hammerne staff, you can buy the Alm's blade from Alm's spotpass team (and so on for other named weapons) as soon as chapter 5 (or 4, I forgot). But...that will probably make the game too easy if you just buy spotpass teams' weapons, unless you're on lunatic. (and even on lunatic, to be honest. Mass-spamming Mire tomes is kinda cheap).

ohlawd

Aside from the already mentionned Hammerne staff, you can buy the Alm's blade from Alm's spotpass team (and so on for other named weapons) as soon as chapter 5 (or 4, I forgot). But...that will probably make the game too easy if you just buy spotpass teams' weapons, unless you're on lunatic. (and even on lunatic, to be honest. Mass-spamming Mire tomes is kinda cheap).

I should keep spawning Celica for her tome :3

Okamid3n

I should keep spawning Celica for her tome :3

Looking at my L+ save file with a stack of 15 Celica's Gale, I can't say I disagree. It was also the first weapon I got from a shiny tile back in the demo. <3

But I'm glad I didn't use spotpass in my first two playthroughs, because it really takes away from the feeling of getting an awesome weapon!

ohlawd

Looking at my L+ save file with a stack of 15 Celica's Gale, I can't say I disagree. It was also the first weapon I got from a shiny tile back in the demo. <3

But I'm glad I didn't use spotpass in my first two playthroughs, because it really takes away from the feeling of getting an awesome weapon!

I already have enough forged Celica's Tomes for all my Armsthrift users but it's nice to have for my other units too.

Axspell

Neo Member
This game is so Hard on... well... Hard. I figured that, it being the middle difficulty (and the fact that "Normal" was described as a difficulty for "newcomers") I decided to go with it, thinking it would offer a nice balance. But man, I'm having a hard time. Had to reset Chapter 2 and 3 about 10 times. I'm starting to consider going Normal but then people say that it's far too easy... what do I do?! D: Does it get better? I mean, I am improving... but sometimes it gets a bit ridiculous. Should I ALWAYS be partnering? Any other tips?

This fanart features every playable character (so it's safe to say it's very spoilerific), but the most fun is trying to figure out who married who.

Not mine, obviously.

Adorable.

Valkie and Olivia
Gaius and Lissa?
Henry and Tharja
Stahl and Mirel
Donnel and Maribelle?
Virion and Sully
Gregor and Nah
Kellam and Cherche
Lon'qu and Cordelia
Frederick and Panne
Chrom and Sumia

Not sure for Morgan since there are probably multiple ones.

Anteo

This game is so Hard on... well... Hard. I figured that, it being the middle difficulty (and the fact that "Normal" was described as a difficulty for "newcomers") I decided to go with it, thinking it would offer a nice balance. But man, I'm having a hard time. Had to reset Chapter 2 and 3 about 10 times. I'm starting to consider going Normal but then people say that it's far too easy... what do I do?! D: Does it get better? I mean, I am improving... but sometimes it gets a bit ridiculous. Should I ALWAYS be partnering? Any other tips?

Haha, my first run on hard was challening, not as hard as your run but still hard. But after you get the hang of the mechanics you will be able to abuse them to rush on hard with no or almost no deaths. My last playthrough was a no grind run on hard and it was a great way to make it harder than it was, now I'm trying a speedrun, and it feels so easy man... But lunatic is still out of my reach.

Just downloaded the demo for this and gave it a shot. I didn't really expect to like it to much but the game did have my interest. Before I knew it I had played through the demo and want more. A lot more. Tempted to go out and get it right now actually.
KuGsj.gif

Okamid3n

That fanart is awesome. I love how it makes references to a lot of the supports too.

I think it gets easier? Try to not use too many units and it'll go much smoother, anyhow. You get access to a bunch of features around chapter 5 which should make things easier as well.

Also, pair-up is amazing, there's really no downside to it since you rarely need to split your team around.

This fanart features every playable character (so it's safe to say it's very spoilerific), but the most fun is trying to figure out who married who.

Not mine, obviously.

Don't think that just because your hiding behind the cat that I can't see you Kellam!

Also I like the drawing Nowi made of
Priam

Noire's chest, bah gawd KANG.

Its a shame that her chest shrinks whenever she moves out of the Archer class

Top Bottom