• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Moonlight

Banned
Is there any way to reset the game or reload a save file without closing the game?

Also, are the DLC characters good?
You need to hit the left bumper, right bumper and start/select at the same time to soft reset.

The DLC characters are good, but personally, I don't much care for them. If I can't level a support with them, they're not worth using!

Oh yeah, we forgot to tell you guys. Press L+R+Start for a soft reset.

The DLC characters are not bad. They can come with some cool skills, like Micaiah and Shadowgift. Plus they're all basically pre-made avatars, so they have all the reclass options.

If I can't level a support with them, they're not worth using!

Happy reunion with Lyn is all the support I'll ever need

one_kill

Thanks for the responses guys!

I'm also unsure about DLC characters seeing how they can't have support conversations, but I'd probably get some of them if they have a cool ability. At least the first one is for free so I'll try it out.

ohlawd

Reset info should edited be into the OP, in bold and with a sparkly border.

I love DLC characters because I get beasts like Rightful King Celica, Shadowgift Micaiah and so forth. Give them Armsthrift, Galeforce, what have you.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Yeah, I was about to saw that you should make sure to get DS+ if you plan on using the DLC characters. Need to level up Micaiah and Celica some time.

ohlawd

Shame on you ohlawd-kun.

And here's the damning conclusion, their current skill sets aren't even as good as they can be.

Got about 10 female DLCs, they all have this set:
Armsthrift
Galeforce
Ignis
Astra
Random good skill unique to them like the aforementioned RK on Celica, SG on Micaiah

Awful, just awful. Still haven't farmed enough Limit Breakers too but it's not so bad since I can finish that map in 3 turns tops.

TWILT

Banned
I use Spotpass Mia (with DS+!) and Spotpass Ike because I like them so much. They're constantly paired up with each other~.
Will I miss anything (like free dlc, spotpass) if I get the game a little late?
Well, the first DLC map (with Marth) will stop being free after a while, but otherwise, nothing goes missing.

Kincaido

And here's the damning conclusion, their current skill sets aren't even as good as they can be.

Got about 10 female DLCs, they all have this set:
Armsthrift
Galeforce
Ignis
Astra
Random good skill unique to them like the aforementioned RK on Celica, SG on Micaiah

Awful, just awful. Still haven't farmed enough Limit Breakers too but it's not so bad since I can finish that map in 3 turns tops.

You've at least done more than me. I haven't used either of them yet lol. They're just sitting there looking pretty.

Infinite hammerne would have been great for one of a kind special weapons outside of infinite regalia.

That would actually get me to use the special weapons on units without Armsthrift haha.

How do you guys get Door Keys? I want to do Infinite Regalia a few more times but I don't have enough door keys and none of my dudes have Lockpick. At least not anyone who'd survive this chapter.

How do you guys get Door Keys? I want to do Infinite Regalia a few more times but I don't have enough door keys and none of my dudes have Lockpick. At least not anyone who'd survive this chapter.

Uh, buy them from StreetPass teams?

I seriously haven't seen any keys sold anywhere. Maybe the DLC map villages hand out keys but that's random as well.

Worst case scenario, reclass your avatar into a thief and grind a little? Situations like this are why I inmediately reclassed mine into a thief after deciding I wouldn't use Gaius or Anna on this file.

ohlawd

Worst case scenario, reclass your avatar into a thief and grind a little? Situations like this are why I inmediately reclassed mine into a thief after deciding I wouldn't use Gaius or Anna on this file.

Doesn't need to be the Avatar either, you can have a Spotpass character learn the skill.

ffdgh

My infinite regalia setup for Robin has boots.

Skills are renewal,deliver,pass,lock touch, and movement+1.

Works too well as long as I take the route with the least warriors due to their annoying counter.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Just started playing this. Chapter 3 or 4 and I'm getting my ass handed to me. Should have probably started on normal rather than hard.

I guess my Nephenee and Kellam also have Locktouch, and Nephie's currently one of the units who can survive Infinite Regalia. However they both already know five skills. Is Wrath or Indoor Fighter worth keeping around? Nephenee's a Bride right now. She's also got Pavise, Bond, and Rally Heart equipped with Movement +1 and Defense +2 on standby.

ohlawd

holy moly Indoor Fighter? Drop that skill posthaste. I forgot that even existed.

You can drop Bond. Do you feel like you need it? 10 HP heal is paltry.

Chrom

None of the three types of keys (Door, Chest, and Master) are sold in stores, but you could always try to get them via StreetPass or try your luck with stuff like event tiles or the DLC villages to get more, but...good luck with that.

Really, don't rely on keys to get through anything like Infinite Regalia. Just bring guys with Locktouch.

I guess my Nephenee and Kellam also have Locktouch, and Nephie's currently one of the units who can survive Infinite Regalia. However they both already know five skills. Is Wrath or Indoor Fighter worth keeping around? Nephenee's a Bride right now. She's also got Pavise, Bond, and Rally Heart equipped with Movement +1 and Defense +2 on standby.

Indoor Fighter is bad skill that you don't really need.

Wrath is actually an amazing skill when in a combination with others like Vantage.

Chrom

I like to use the button combo that lets you speed through text in a flash (D-Pad down + A). I find it most useful if I want to zoom through the barracks conversations to get the bonuses quickly, since you can't skip them with Start/Select as you normally would. Incidentally, it doesn't seem like too many people know about it, which isn't surprising since I don't think the game ever tells you this anywhere.

I like to use the button combo that lets you speed through text in a flash (D-Pad down + A). I find it most useful if I want to zoom through the barracks conversations to get the bonuses quickly, since you can't skip them with Start/Select as you normally would. Incidentally, it doesn't seem like too many people know about it, which isn't surprising since I don't think the game ever tells you this anywhere.

Duly noted.

ffdgh

Hello. Now this is a rare gem.

ohlawd

You know all the small things about this game >_<

This is awesome by the way.

McNum

It's in the manual.

What do you do when you have a character that's kind of low level compared to the rest and you want to get them caught up? Since theres no Bonus EXP like inn the Radiance games, I guess it'll have to be the oldschool way. Can I find enemies weak enough to not just take out the weaker party members?

Also unlocked Side Story 2. That's the one where you
do NOT recruit Anna
, right? How powerful should my units be before going for it?

It's in the manual.

What do you do when you have a character that's kind of low level compared to the rest and you want to get them caught up? Since theres no Bonus EXP like inn the Radiance games, I guess it'll have to be the oldschool way. Can I find enemies weak enough to not just take out the weaker party members?

Well you could pair them up with a stronger unit that'll provide enough speed to not get double and probably decent amount of defense to not get killed.

It's in the manual.

do NOT recruit Anna

If the chapter appeared, you should be ready enough really.

Also, to grind, either summon a weak Spotpass character and beat it, use a Reeking Box in one of the earlier chapters, or repeat the free DLC.

Kincaido

I never knew this one. Will be useful.

Oxx

I've already had to use the reset once.

Is there a button-combo for adjusting brightness? I was having trouble seeing detail on the screen in the sun yesterday.

McNum

Ah, you're right. In the digital one, at least. Just goes to show you how we tend to not read those anymore, haha. Would've been nice if the game itself mentioned it somewhere, though.
I like that soft reset is on the quick reference card, though. This is a game that knows its own reputation. Haven't needed to reset yet, but some character have taken a beating... Chapter 1 was probably the closest call yet. Which is a little funny.

Ah, you're right. In the digital one, at least. Just goes to show you how we tend to not read those anymore, haha. Would've been nice if the game itself mentioned it somewhere, though.

It's also in the fold out paper manual too.

Of course, if we gotten an actual manual, I probably would have read about it when I first got the game.

Chrom

I've already had to use the reset once.

Is there a button-combo for adjusting brightness? I was having trouble seeing detail on the screen in the sun yesterday.

Unfortunately, no. However, you can still change the brightness right from the Home menu when you pause the game.

Another secret for those of you who have never played the Radiance games: you can press R during a cutscene to see all the previous text, even from previous cutscenes.

It's in the manual.

do NOT recruit Anna

Pair them up with a stronger unit that doesn't need the EXP as much. Have them be the lead unit so they can kill things.

I don't suppose someone could clarify what price the game is on the UK e shop please. I'm going to get a 3DS XL today and don't know whether to get the download code in store with my credit. Thanks

I don't suppose someone could clarify what price the game is on the UK e shop please. I'm going to get a 3DS XL today and don't know whether to get the download code in store with my credit. Thanks

I don't live there so I can't say for sure, but usually the digital download price is the exact same as the retail one for Nintendo games.

Top Bottom