• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Oxx

I don't suppose someone could clarify what price the game is on the UK e shop please. I'm going to get a 3DS XL today and don't know whether to get the download code in store with my credit. Thanks

£39.99, I assume.

You can get a download code from the Game website for £34.99.

one_kill

So when do my troops have babies? Just got two couples to S, but I'm still quite early in the game.

Also tried to fight the first SpotPass team I got. I ended up getting wasted :\

Man I just got Morgan and missions seem to be getting harder, even on normal with some of the squishier units getting targeted quite frequently by the AI which now hits 2 times.

Is there a way to see possible support convo partners while in-mission? Can't figure out how to get to that menu.
Just during the sortie right before the fight. (AKA, the set up screen.)

Though once you've reached at least one support level, you'll see a little bubble above the characters' heads in battle when you are moving a compatible unit.

Gregorn

I couldn't wait so I tried ordering this from ShopTo and it's out of stock.

Goddamnit, I knew I should have just got it at launch, this will never go down in price.

Jintor

So is pairing up more useful than adjacent attacks besides being able to convoy units? Does it mean guaranteed stat bonuses or something?

Character recruitment isn't always that straight forward

It is in this one really. I'm pretty damn sure the game explicitly mentions that if Donnel levels up he will join, and pretty much all other recruitments that need you to do something are "talk to character with Chrom."

So is pairing up more useful than adjacent attacks besides being able to convoy units? Does it mean guaranteed stat bonuses or something?

Yes, it's harder to justify not being paired up after a certain point really.

Wiseblade

It is in this one really. I'm pretty damn sure the game explicitly mentions that if Donnel levels up he will join, and pretty much all other recruitments that need you to do something are "talk to character with Chrom."

Yes, it's harder to justify not being paired up after a certain point really.

Yeah, Donnel chapter is very explicit that you need to level him up to recruit him.

Well, this FE is a bit easier than most, but some later characters (specifically the SpotPass prologues) aren't always so simple. Kellam and Gauis seem to get missed a lot too.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, past FE made me cringe a little when I had to ferry a character I never used in a battle just to talk to a recruit.

McNum

You get stat boosts from pairing up. What boosts you get depends on the class. Like pairing up with a Knight like Kellam gives you a good +Def, pairing up with a mage or cleric gives you +Mag and +Res and so on. What the class is good at, you'll get a bonus at.

I think Chrom is going to end up with Sumia in my first game. They're pretty good when paired up. Still working on getting everyone recruited, and figuring out who to pair up. Sully has both Virion and Vaike as amusing options.

Jintor

So when you hit a support lvl up in a chapter you won't gain anymore s.link bonuses until you cash it in on the submenu?

You get stat boosts from pairing up. What boosts you get depends on the class. Like pairing up with a Knight like Kellam gives you a good +Def, pairing up with a mage or cleric gives you +Mag and +Res and so on. What the class is good at, you'll get a bonus at.

But don't you get bonuses from adjacent attacks anyway?

/edit there's not enough letters for me to call my steetpass team Team Discovery Channel :<

AkiraGr

Banned
The game is f***ing difficult, I was playing an encounter with a random tactician on the map, I nearly killed all the enemies and was a last mage remaining, I pair up all of my characters just to be sure because most of the them had low HP so she could not kill them with 1 hit and finish my turn waiting for her to attack first. Goes to Crom 25 hit points max level 7 paired with the pegasus knight chic vs mage level 6 with some shit wind magic damage 9 that gave her critical 30%, yeah you guessed it the bitch send me face first on the ground with a critical hit.

I was like

arnold_rage_45.gif

Wiseblade

So when you hit a support lvl up in a chapter you won't gain anymore s.link bonuses until you cash it in on the submenu?

But don't you get bonuses from adjacent attacks anyway?

/edit there's not enough letters for me to call my steetpass team Team Discovery Channel :<

He means actual stat boosts instead of just combat bonuses. For example having Miriel pair up with Lon'qu will boost her speed so she can double attack on top of the extra accuracy/evasion/etc that supports usually provide.

Mr E.

Noob question alert guys.

When checking my weapons the stats are-

Mt 3 Hit 100 Crit 0 Rng1. What is the Mt value guys. I know the others and ill kick myself when I'm told the Mt value I'm sure.

Thanks.

Noob question alert guys.

When checking my weapons the stats are-

Mt 3 Hit 100 Crit 0 Rng1. What is the Mt value guys. I know the others and ill kick myself when I'm told the Mt value I'm sure.

Thanks.

Mt+ Strength - Defense OR Magic -Resistance (Depends on the weapon being used) = damage done.

Basically, every one point in Mt increases damage done by that weapon by 1.

Edit: Slow with the keyboard this one is :(

Jintor

Ah goddamnit that's the second 'card was removed' crash I've had without the card actually being removed or even touched :<

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question guys, since I've played classic mode I've lost my archer guy, the red hair women on the hose, and the girl healer from the start. Since they seem to be involved in the plot is it possible to get them back or do I need to restart? Dat weight on my shoulders man, I am feeling guilty on not planning right at the start :(

Shahadan

Is there a way to change the language (not the dub, talking about the text and whatnot) of the game?

You have to change the language of your 3DS. I think it works that way for most PAL games, except some of them where there is only one language, like Layton

McNum

It's called "Permadeath" for a reason. You don't get anyone back on Classic. Once they die and you've saved, you're stuck with it.

L+R+Start is soft reset, in case you want to know.

pringles

The game is awesome, though I find the lack of feet disturbing. It also makes me want a 3DS Advance Wars!
Agreed on both.

Just starting to get a hang of the game I feel like. Been pairing up way too little I think, it seems to help a lot against stronger opponents. I find the difference in strenght between various units sort of odd though. Frederick is a beast who deals 20+ dmg all the time, while many other units do like 10 max. Carrying the weaker units and trying to level them up is the main factor of difficulty early on to me.

Just opened up the DLC area, going to do the free mission..

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
It's called "Permadeath" for a reason. You don't get anyone back on Classic. Once they die and you've saved, you're stuck with it.

L+R+Start is soft reset, in case you want to know.

Oh man I guess it's time to restart at the beginning again! Thanks for the heads up on that!

Top Bottom