• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Krisars

Banned
Buy all the DLC! I think it was like $90 for all of them, I have no regrets.

I don't have a lot of money to burn, bro. :p

The best ones are easily Future Past and Scramble Pack , Golden Pack is also good when your finished with main game (or don't want to farm :p) to get some exp/cash. If you want to challenge get the challenge pack and if you want to go for Apotheosis I recommend getting Rogues and Redeemers 3 for Limit Break skill. There's also Lost Bloodlines 2 and Smash Brethren 2 where you get 2 new classes a Dread Fighter and Bride. Lost Bloodlines 3 and Smash Brethren 3 in which you get respectively a Paragon skill which grants additional exp and Iote's Shield which removes a character's flying weakness.Don't bother with other DLC IMO. Here you have more detailed descriptions of DLC http://serenesforest.net/fe13/dlc_na.html#list

Thanks for the advice. I guess I could handle it from here and choose what I want to buy now.

Ultimadrago

Man, poor growths can be a downright pain for me when maxing children. Berserker Yarne took an eternity to get all maxed due to RES/MAG.
He gives Kjelle killer support boosts though, so all can be (partially) forgiven.

Shengar

So, what DLC would you recommend me to buy? I would totally go for Future Past expansion, but I'm on the fence regarding the Lost Bloodlines DLC and Rouges & Redeemers and plenty others as well.

And just FYI, I did buy the scramble pack, I'm just asking what additional DLC I
should buy.
Do you want to maxed out your units for street passes in the easy way? Or grinding for Apotheosis someday? Buy Golden Pack, just don't overused it.
Or you could buy Challenge Pack, for of course, extra challenge, or Smash Brethren.
now you've gotta play Lunatic!

NO YOU DON'T
Unless you hate yourself....wait, that line was meant for Lunatic+

GamerSoul

Finally started another playthrough. Hard casual lol. It feels weird to play casual but I'm going to try to raise some of the guys I never gave a chance. Like Brady, Vaike, Anna, etc, maybe Cynthia including some of my mainstays.

After this lunatic +. Hahaha

Shengar

Finally started another playthrough. Hard casual lol. It feels weird to play casual but I'm going to try to raise some of the guys I never gave a chance. Like Brady, Vaike, Anna, etc, maybe Cynthia including some of my mainstays.

You need to do Lunatic first. Or have you already?

Lunatic+ single segment
resetting for a chapter after prologue? do it all over again *evil laugh*

GamerSoul

You need to do Lunatic first. Or have you already?

Yea, I managed to beat Lunatic with essentially MU(female Sorcerer) and Chrom, with Lucina and Morgan to a lesser extent. It took a lot luck and a whole lot of resetting and grinding my MU to get her some good skills and stats. I wouldn't have been able to do it without Nosferatu and using a female MU and Chrom getting some decent growths.

Lunatic+ single segment
resetting for a chapter after prologue? do it all over again *evil laugh*

I can imagine. -.- I don't know if I want to do that to myself. Has anybody here managed to beat Lunatic +?

goldenpp72

So I absolutely adore this game but have never played any of the other games.. I now own the entire series and would like to play them, but I suppose I would like to maybe set my expectations before even entering any of them.. I love the tone, art, style, music, story, gameplay, etc of this game. It's my second favorite game on the system and I typically have avoided Srpgs and this series for years, but now i'm ready to try more and I guess am asking how the other US releases differ for better and worse? I played through this game with perma death on (but always reset) and on normal (so, easy) but after coming to grips with it, found it way too easy and think I could handle hard ok at this point. Just trying to brace myself as I prefer to go in with realistic expectations.

Also, does this series have a future? If the series can remain near this good they have me as a fan that will buy future entries.

demidar

So I absolutely adore this game but have never played any of the other games.. I now own the entire series and would like to play them, but I suppose I would like to maybe set my expectations before even entering any of them.. I love the tone, art, style, music, story, gameplay, etc of this game. It's my second favorite game on the system and I typically have avoided Srpgs and this series for years, but now i'm ready to try more and I guess am asking how the other US releases differ for better and worse? I played through this game with perma death on (but always reset) and on normal (so, easy) but after coming to grips with it, found it way too easy and think I could handle hard ok at this point. Just trying to brace myself as I prefer to go in with realistic expectations.

Also, does this series have a future? If the series can remain near this good they have me as a fan that will buy future entries.

Considering Awakening is the best selling Fire Emblem in recent memory (someone correct my ass if it's wrong), I highly doubt the series will die soon.

Shengar

Yea, I managed to beat Lunatic with essentially MU(female Sorcerer) and Chrom, with Lucina and Morgan to a lesser extent. It took a lot luck and a whole lot of resetting and grinding my MU to get her some good skills and stats. I wouldn't have been able to do it without Nosferatu and using a female MU and Chrom getting some decent growths.

I can imagine. -.- I don't know if I want to do that to myself. Has anybody here managed to beat Lunatic +?

Take my warning though, even if you able to beat Lunatic with Nosferatank strategy, you can't do the same with Lunatic+ due to Lunat+, and Counter. Your super unit would kill themselves out of retaliation. Best you deployed Archers since they can't retaliate 1-range attack and that would make them safe from enemy counter during enemy phase.

Draxal

Considering Awakening is the best selling Fire Emblem in recent memory (someone correct my ass if it's wrong), I highly doubt the series will die soon.

Its the highest selling one ever worldwide. I think its the second highest one in Japan and either first or second in America.

Javier

Yarne is almost the worst kid but at least he has his own personality that separates him from his mother.

Laurent is literally Male Miriel.

Solune

Yarne is almost the worst kid but at least he has his own personality that separates him from his mother.

Laurent is literally Male Miriel.

Laurent is quite a bit different from Miriel. It's like every time I see someone say they are the same they don't notice that Laurent takes additional care in looking after the camp. Whereas Miriel has no such dedication nor intuition. She ONLY cares about satisfying her current fascination.

Laurent's not a fantastic character, his actions are subtle but not Kellam tier. Despite that he's likeable and he's far better than his mother.

Anteo

I like Laurent supports with FeMorgan. He tries to figure her out and is confused as how she can be serious at one time and childis at others. I don't think Miriel would ever bother thinking about the personality of someone.

Laurent is quite a bit different from Miriel. It's like every time I see someone say they are the same they don't notice that Laurent takes additional care in looking after the camp. Whereas Miriel has no such dedication nor intuition. She ONLY cares about satisfying her current fascination.

Laurent's not a fantastic character, his actions are subtle but not Kellam tier. Despite that he's likeable and he's far better than his mother.

I agree.

Laurent is a lot less studying whatever and more worried about the well-being of everyone in the army. He's just as serious as his mother but his attention is focused on something else that makes him more likeable.

CorvoSol

I threw Gregor to Miriel. The conversations he had with Laurent and Miriel were...erm...yeah.

Gregor's conversations are the best no matter who is graced with the opportunity to speak to him. His conversations with M.Avatar and Cordelia, especially made me laugh.

Swell Sword also gets me every time. Freaking love Gregor.

Ultimadrago

Well, Gregor's are not generic as much as they are unfortunate to sit through due to how he speaks. Though I suppose having him speak with fellow lesser characters wasn't going to make "two negatives equaling a positive", in retrospect.

no, Yarne is the worst kid.

Yarne is pretty grating as well, yes.

Ultimadrago

Gregor a lesser character?

Pffffffffffffffft. I bet you liked Nowi, too.

simpsons-shifty-dog-ovuqhz.gif

On a side note, only one more child to max (Noire) and then I'm off to finish the game! I may purchase one or two DLC maps for post-game so that the powerhouse gang can get some true use. Seriously wish I went on Lunatic instead now. It's your fault for not telling me to sooner, Shengar!

Javier

I like Laurent supports with FeMorgan. He tries to figure her out and is confused as how she can be serious at one time and childis at others. I don't think Miriel would ever bother thinking about the personality of someone.
Those, I'll admit, were great.
SERIOUS EYES! Rrrrrrrrrrrr!

Shengar

Aren't father-child conversations generic in content?
Yes, it is generic. Though some claim that Cynthia conversation with her father is not generic due to Sumia limited pair choice, but I've yet to checked. Also people claimed that Future of Despair contained different dialogue for different parent. Better to checked those stuffs very soon
(this is for me)
Gregor a lesser character?

Pffffffffffffffft. I bet you liked Nowi, too.

Hey, Nowi is great gameplay-wise. Also try to have her some support conversation with Libra. Though the surprise is much more at Libra's side rather than Nowi.
The outfit is stupid regardless, Griffon Rider!Nowi ftw

GamerSoul

Take my warning though, even if you able to beat Lunatic with Nosferatank strategy, you can't do the same with Lunatic+ due to Lunat+, and Counter. Your super unit would kill themselves out of retaliation. Best you deployed Archers since they can't retaliate 1-range attack and that would make them safe from enemy counter during enemy phase.

Yea I ran into that problem a few times with counter. Thanks for the advice. I doubt ill beat it but ill give a shot down the road.

I just picked up today mid-save in the middle of the battle during Chapter 13, and all I can think is "why did I ever stop playing this?" Winning a battle is very rewarding and the story is super interesting. Really love this game!

TWILT

Banned
Looking back all the games I've played this year, I have to say this is still my GOTY

Yep, same for me too. This year had a lot of great games, but Fire Emblem Awakening remains on top for me. Don't think any upcoming game (besides maybe Pokemon Y) will take it's spot for me.

Krisars

Banned
I just picked up today mid-save in the middle of the battle during Chapter 13, and all I can think is "why did I ever stop playing this?" Winning a battle is very rewarding and the story is super interesting. Really love this game!

Funny thing is, I had stopped playing for a while when I gave up trying to finish Severa's paralogue (Stupid ass promoted units). Then when Rescue staff came to my mind, I got back and tried till I finished it properly and recruited her. =)

GamerSoul

Noire is da best. Only archer I ever used in awakening. lol. And I love this game. It's the reason why I bought a 3DS and it was worth it. Pkmn coming soon.

And damn this matchmaking stuff is not easy. Imo its too much to think about because I don't use everyone so I have a limited pool to pair up. Also I like to strategize as I go. Hmm if I want a good Brady who should I pair with Maribelle?

Top Bottom