• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Tenck

Would really like to know more about unit promotion guys.

To change class? It's a seal you buy.

Edit: So I really fucked up, and I mean REALLY fucked up. There's no way to beat the game with just Chrom and my main main character. Well if it's just killing people yeah, but I'm trying to keep someone alive and they'll ignore me and circle around me to kill the weaker unit I'm trying to protect. What's my option right now? Should I buy the DLC and get new units? There's no way I can restart the game, not after how far I've gotten and I only keep one save file at all times so I'm not tempted to keep restarting after someone dies.

Draxal

I've only seen it on those merchants that pop out after you've finished a chapter. I think they're called secret shop or something like that.

You get them from chests/some thieves drop them. You can buy a master seal from the level 13 store, and second from around chapter 16-18 store, they're unlocked earlier if you do some of the kids paralogues.

Jintor

argh that moment when your blocker unexpectedly crits an enemy freeing up the chokepoint for another enemy to come in and kick your ass

Draxal

argh that moment when your blocker unexpectedly crits an enemy freeing up the chokepoint for another enemy to come in and kick your ass

It's a reason why snipers are kinda useful (although you could just use an assassin with bow equipped instead).

Nohar

Oh come on. How am I supposed to kill that thief in chapter 11 if it means that every single unit, including the boss, will rush at me?!
Said boss is very dangerous too. Not that durable, but with a speed of 24, I'm rightfully worried.

There is one good thing about this map: the battle theme is awesome.

Jintor

Fuck you reinforcements just before my turn ends!

Fuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

i have no idea whether to leave my blocker there forever or not

Draxal

To change class? It's a seal you buy.

Edit: So I really fucked up, and I mean REALLY fucked up. There's no way to beat the game with just Chrom and my main main character. Well if it's just killing people yeah, but I'm trying to keep someone alive and they'll ignore me and circle around me to kill the weaker unit I'm trying to protect. What's my option right now? Should I buy the DLC and get new units? There's no way I can restart the game, not after how far I've gotten and I only keep one save file at all times so I'm not tempted to keep restarting after someone dies.

Restart on normal/classic (or whatever the Euro land version of is called) or hard/casual. You're missing alot of sidechapters since you let everybody die. And the dlc characters have zero personality; you'd be missing a ton.

Tenck

Restart on normal/classic (or whatever the Euro land version of is called) or hard/casual. You're missing alot of sidechapters since you let everybody die. And the dlc characters have zero personality; you'd be missing a ton.

That'd be 8 hours down the drain though, I'm not sure I can do that :(

Draxal

8 hours isn't that much truth be told. People have put in over 100 easily on the Amercian versions, some have put over 200.

My current playthrough is all about eugenics.

Both my playthroughs were combinations of both.

I prioritized getting galeforce on a decent number of second gen characters (which obviously made me incredibly overleveled for midgame). First game was a pure brute force melee army, second game is going to be pretty much as many sorcerors as possible in the second gen.

I'll be honest here: It sounds like you really screwed the pooch. If you don't have at least enough characters alive for a full party (say, 10ish), you probably need to restart just to make beating the game feasible.

Even the DLC/spotpass/streetpass characters won't make up for it as they can't support and hence have much weaker dual pairings.

Sleepy

I think I might have fucked up and promoted (master seal) Chrom and Avatar too early (I'm only on chapter 8, too). One was at level 17 and one was at level 15. Was I supposed to wait until level 20 for another skill.

-Horizon-

I think I might have fucked up and promoted (master seal) Chrom and Avatar too early (I'm only on chapter 8, too). One was at level 17 and one was at level 15. Was I supposed to wait until level 20 for another skill.

From the base class of Lord and Tactician respectively? No, those classes only learn skills at level 10.
You're alright.
I don't think any class learns any skill at LV 20.

No. No class gets a skill later than 15 in first job. Even then, I think it's only dancers and villagers (Donnel) who get something at 15, everyone else gets a skill at 1 and 10 in first tier.

Edit: Manaketes and Taguels get a skill at 15 as well.

Regardless, you could always use a second seal to turn them back into their first tier job if you did miss something.

Draxal

Nah, you're fine, you just wasted a little experience but there's only two skills per class ever. Nonpromoted is 1-10, promoted is 1-15

McNum

Just realized what I've been doing with Kellam and it amuses me. I've been pairing him up with people that needed that +4 Def, but I haven't actually have him fight much. He's basically become a shadow. Which, somehow, feels both appropriate and kind of wrong.

What level can you do Champions of Yore 1 at? I just finished chapter 7, and most of my active units are levels 6-12. Stupid... me. Stop hogging EXP.

Sleepy

Whew. I think I might have finally gotten a handle on the game's mechanics then.

Still wish Nintendo would put out a strat guide. :(

-Horizon-

Just realized what I've been doing with Kellam and it amuses me. I've been pairing him up with people that needed that +4 Def, but I haven't actually have him fight much. He's basically become a shadow. Which, somehow, feels both appropriate and kind of wrong.

What level can you do Champions of Yore 1 at? I just finished chapter 7, and most of my active units are levels 6-12. Stupid... me. Stop hogging EXP.

I think you'd be ok, that first Champions map is pretty low level.

Salvadora

I think I'll pick this up in the coming week as I doubt I'll be able to find a good deal on it. It's more likely I wouldn't be able to find it at all!

I loved the demo. And reading all this praise is getting to me!

I think I'll pick this up in the coming week as I doubt I'll be able to find a good deal on it. It's more likely I wouldn't be able to find it at all!

I loved the demo. And reading all this praise is getting to me!

Awesome, it's great to see more people on board!

On a related note, I was in my local GAME store yesterday and some poor chap wanted to buy the game, only to be told it's totally out of stock.

Salvadora

Awesome, it's great to see more people on board!

On a related note, I was in my local GAME store yesterday and some poor chap wanted to buy the game, only to be told it's totally out of stock.

Neither ASDA nor Tesco had it when I visited today. They didn't have Luigi's Mansion 2 either which is a little concerning.

They don't seem to be stocking anywhere near the amount of 3DS games as they used to.
Nintendo is really trying to get that eShop money huh.

It would appear so. Pretty shitty move to be honest.

Lyng

Just downloaded this on Friday. My goodness this is one amazing game :D
Finally I feel that my 3DS xl was a good buy

Javier

2XrZIYjl.jpg

Well, I'm on Chapter 13 and I guess it's time to start setting up marriages. I really only focused on certain relationships that gave me a lot of support bonuses in-game, and most of them were male-male. I'm slightly disappointed that I didn't realize it in time for
Chrom's marriage
but it can't really be helped now. Now... who to pair...

Top Bottom