• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Well I manage to get back to my position in the game without anyone dying (thus far), and even got Donny, that farmboy, to join the Shepards! Man I am really loving this game, it feels great to be an armchair general :lol:

TWILT

Banned
2XrZIYjl.jpg

Oh wow, mine is:

Play Time: 223:57
Times Played: 99
Average Play Time: 2:15

I need a break from this game...

LTWheels

Does the difficulty ramp up? I'm playing it on normal and I feel that the pairing up and inheritance systems makes the game quite easy, especially as the computer never uses it against you. I'm at the point where you go to the
other continent, just done the giant tree mission.

I seem to have a 3 or 4 dominant characters who take next to no damage and pretty much one shot everything. I just pair up my weaker characters with them, and leave everyone else at the starting area of each map.

pringles

I'm probably not making the best decisions, but I've been pairing up Sully & Stahl and they're just destroying everything in their path. Just got them to S rank. Also I promoted my Avatar to a myrmidon and got him carrying Donnel around (when does he become useful??). Seems to be working so far atleast, but maybe it wouldn't be if I was playing on Hard/Lunatic..

Draxal

Does the difficulty ramp up? I'm playing it on normal and I feel that the pairing up and inheritance systems makes the game quite easy, especially as the computer never uses it against you. I'm at the point where you go to the
other continent, just done the giant tree mission.

I seem to have a 3 or 4 dominant characters who take next to no damage and pretty much one shot everything. I just pair up my weaker characters with them, and leave everyone else at the starting area of each map.

It's really easy on normal, but even on hard and lunatic it's much harder in the beginning of the game compared to the end game. The later dlc is a bit harder and they're not normalized, their difficulties are the same even on different difficulties.

Chrom

I'm probably not making the best decisions, but I've been pairing up Sully & Stahl and they're just destroying everything in their path. Just got them to S rank. Also I promoted my Avatar to a myrmidon and got him carrying Donnel around (when does he become useful??). Seems to be working so far atleast, but maybe it wouldn't be if I was playing on Hard/Lunatic..

Is Donnel still a Villager? You might want to fix that if so.

Oh man, just did Sidestory 2 (aka Paralogue 2). First time the NPC gets killed, village goes down. Second time NPC survives, takes on the boss, gets a critical hit, killing it winding up with the drop in their inventory (
"ca-Ching" indeed...
). I got some shoddy screenshots too...

Apart from that satisfied with the run, so I saved. Though I am a bit short of money (special offer second seal) so the drop would have helped a bit.

I'm at the very beggening of the game and I have a stupid question : my avatar had magic and a sword on previous battles. I don't remember if I changed said sword (iron sword), but it's greyed and I can't use it in battle... is there a reason ?

froliq

I'm at the very beggening of the game and I have a stupid question : my avatar had magic and a sword on previous battles. I don't remember if I changed said sword (iron sword), but it's greyed and I can't use it in battle... is there a reason ?

Sword skill not high enough for the iron sword. Have to use bronze sword.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Play time: 149 hours
Times played: 4

Dat sleep mode.

Can I 'fix' it without one of those class promoting items? And doesn't he need to be lvl10 to use that?

Yeah. Get him to 10, or 15 if you want the Underdog skill, then reclass to Mercenary. There's no reason to stay in the Villager class beyond that since it has worse growth rates and worse base stats. Once you reclass, he should be able to hold his own unless you got too far into the game without using him.

Chrom

Is the Japanese language bug really affected by sleep mode? I remember trying that out yesterday but wasn't able to replicate the problem.

Draxal

How many people do you guys use as your core team?

I'm just bothering with 10 right now as they're my street pass team.

Avatar (Grandmaster) Cordelia (Falcon Knight) Chrom (Great Lord) Sumia (Falcon Knight) Severa (Hero) Morgan (Grandmaster) Lucina (Great Lord) Cynthia (Falcon Knight) Owain (Swordmaster) Inigo (Hero)

I'm pretty melee based as both Avatar/Morgan are heavily Str based Grandmasters.

ohlawd

Repent and despair! She's the reason I even bothered doing a female playthrough.

I definitely will one of these days. Time just likes to screw with me.

How many people do you guys use as your core team?

I'm pretty melee based as both Avatar/Morgan are heavily Str based Grandmasters.

All the kids, Cordelia, Avatar
All the females are Brides, most of the guys are Dread Fighters.

Plus my Spotpass/DLC females but I only use them for Golden Gaffe.

ffdgh

Robin, Panne, Yarne ,Morgan(dat family) Chrom, Lissa, special character spoiler
Emmeryn
and the rest being galeforce users.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
In the NA version the voices revert back to English if you put the game in sleep mode. I've never cared about Japanese VA in any game, so it's not a big deal to me. But it seems to annoy a lot of people.

I was wondering why that happened. I started using it yesterday and all of a sudden Vaike was speaking english during a battle, and I thought maybe he spoke English in the original and they actually used a decent voice actor for it that ended up the same in the English version.

Nakayumi

Damn, this game is harder thought it'd be. I'm only at chapter 5 right now but had a fair number of resets already. Not sure if, as a first time Fire Emblem player, I should've played it casual instead of classic/hard. It's not too late to switch I guess, but I'm hoping that over the course of the game my skills improve while the game won't become a cakewalk at the end as so often is the case in these kind of games.

Anyway, few questions here for the FE veterans. First, is there any way I can repair weapons. Had a few awesome weapons early on but after a few maps I was surprised to see them break, I feel I'm just scraping to get by without having to resort to crappy weapons from the shop, so if there's any way I can do repairs that'd be great.

Also, is there any way I can grind levels? I got a few favorite characters around level 7 right now, but much of my team is lagging behind at level 1, 2 or 3 so they're pretty much useless...

I do love this game, but in chapter 2 I lost Virion already, hope he wasn't that much of an addition to the story. Now I'm struggling with chapter 5, went really well but then one stupid mistake and another one bit the dust, aaaaaand reset. This game is gonna give me rage quits on the long term I feel.

Turok_TTZ

Good lawd. I applaud you.

Is this the only 3DS game you have or something? :p
I got other 3ds games. but Fire emblem is the only reason I got a 3DS to begin with. same with Wii U. Some tell me I'm obsessed with fire emblem... they don't understand just how.great fire emblem is. also those numbers exaggerate a bit. only 8-9 hours out that playtime is idling. rest I played to death and beyond.

still playing, currently training my spotpass teams to have all breaker skills, limitbreak, sol luna, armsthrift, galeforce and counters, pavises and aegises. skill hunting for my dream spotpass team so I can cruise rogues and redeemers 3 so I can get limit break early for chrom and crew. bonus setup for dat last dlc.

Sendou

I got other 3ds games. but Fire emblem is the only reason I got a 3DS to begin with. same with Wii U. Some tell me I'm obsessed with fire emblem... they don't understand just how.great fire emblem is. also those numbers exaggerate a bit. only 8-9 hours out that playtime is idling. rest I played to death and beyond.

still playing, currently training my spotpass teams to have all breaker skills, limitbreak, sol luna, armsthrift, galeforce and counters, pavises and aegises. skill hunting for my dream spotpass team so I can cruise rogues and redeemers 3 so I can get limit break early for chrom and crew. bonus setup for dat last dlc.

You are a great man.

Turok_TTZ

posting those playtime stats reminds me of radiant dawn and PoR. played nothing but RD for 2 years straight and PoR for 7-9 months. I am probably one of the few who will say shadow dragon is s great game, screw the haters.

ohlawd

*bows*

The leader of the Fire Emblem army. Truer words have never been spoken.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Some great luck right now with shiny tiles. Gotten a Leif's Blade, Hector's Axe, and Aversa's Night.

If the game wanted to really be nice it could give me more Rift Doors. Only have 3 right now.

NeonZ

Edit: So I really fucked up, and I mean REALLY fucked up. There's no way to beat the game with just Chrom and my main main character. Well if it's just killing people yeah, but I'm trying to keep someone alive and they'll ignore me and circle around me to kill the weaker unit I'm trying to protect.

What's my option right now? Should I buy the DLC and get new units? There's no way I can restart the game, not after how far I've gotten and I only keep one save file at all times so I'm not tempted to keep restarting after someone dies.

Just hire some high level spotpass/bonus team characters (Go to bonus teams in the wireless setting, they'll appear in the main map, go there, and hire them with gold. Try to hire people with levels as high or higher than your current team members), no need to actually go for paid DLC.

If you're playing the European version, I guess you only will have a few characters from Fire Emblem 7 right now though, but if you have the American version you should have a wide selection with more than 100 characters already. If it's the European version and there are only low level characters though, you should get one new character per day, as long as you actually make them appear in your world map and do something with them there, even if only dismissing them.

Even the DLC/spotpass/streetpass characters won't make up for it as they can't support and hence have much weaker dual pairings.

That really doesn't matter though, especially considering how he likely isn't playing on lunatic. The stats of most spotpass characters should be easily good enough for the main campaign (and they have one extra skill too). Really, the spotpass characters that start at lvl 20 can even trivialize lunatic. For post-game/grinding, you can always give the female ones dual support +, and a few rare male characters already start with that skill (like Prince Marth).

Of course, the best part of Awakening's story is the characterization and supports, not the main tale, so if you lose many characters you won't see support conversations and such, due to the bonus characters having no characterization aside from three lines before joining your party...

Sleepy

ll I'll say It'll pass number 3 eventually, number 2 slightly possible, Number one......Nope, never going to happen.

What's the top game? how many hours?

Just hire some high level spotpass/bonus team characters (Go to bonus teams in the wireless setting, they'll appear in the main map, go there, and hire them with gold. Try to hire people with levels as high or higher than your current team members), no need to actually go for paid DLC.

No shit. There must be 30+ Spotpass teams.

How much space is left on the 4gb sd card that comes with the Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS XL bundle when the game is preinstalled and can you delete the game and download it at a later point?
How much space does the retail copy of the game take on the sd card?
Thinking about buying the bundle or the usual blue 3ds xl with the game.

Shahadan

I'm still at the beginning (chapter 5) and still grinding instead of doing story, so I don't know yet, but how do you get money? I'm starting to get poor.

Top Bottom