• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Soulhouf

It seems that Cherche is called Zelcher in the EU version and Panne -> Palne.
I knew they couldn't keep these names because they would be very awkward in the French version.

MicH

Did you talk to gaius with chrom?
I did! :D He attacked Frederick first and was nearly killed with Fredericks counter attack. 1HP left! Phew!

I got through it without anyone dying (outside of Marth), but I missed the chest and a sparklybit. My avatar is so damn powerful, and I freaking LOVE Lon'qu :D He just wrecks shit up.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Oh Dark Magic, you are so gloriously broken.

98% critical rate? I'll take it.

Edit: Even though it's against a wimpy Risen with practically no luck, seeing a critical rate of 100% warms my heart.

Sleepy

Oh Dark Magic, you are so gloriously broken.

98% critical rate? I'll take it.

I have been getting crazy amounts of critical hits today. It's awesome. Although, I did my first soft reset of the campaign as
In chapter 9 Thrayn (?) decided to attack my mage and she got crushed...I was looking forward to recruiting her.

Oxx

At least I'm branching-out with my relationships after chapter 5. For some reason Sully got real popular in that map.

McNum

Um... so I unlocked Nowi. She's odd. Yeah, yeah,
1000 year old dragon looking like a little girl
, but that's not really what I found odd. I did the C support with Gregor/Nowi. She
made him a sweater. Lined with manakete scales. That she "just happened to have lying around". Did she just make him a sweater from her own dragon dandruff?
Gross... Funny, but eww...

The supports in this game are funny. Glad they did away with the restriction of just having a few supports. Would have missed that one if it had been all business for supports in this game.

By the way, any reason not to S-rank Chrom/Sumia? They kind of just got to that level naturally, so and I don't need to ask if Sumia has the Pegasus Knight tree, because, well...

By the way, any reason not to S-rank Chrom/Sumia? They kind of just got to that level naturally, so and I don't need to ask if Sumia has the Pegasus Knight tree, because, well...

Well besides the game basically shoving you into that pairing, their support is pretty bland. I mean, it does give a decent set of skills and class options (mostly skills and the ever important pegasus knight line) to their kids though.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Just finished the game on Hard Classic. I must've not overleveled too much because the game stayed a decent challenge the entire time. I had to restart a lot of times because someone I wanted to keep alive would die.

So now I'm debating doing a Lunatic Casual mode. What's the biggest difference between Lunatic and Hard? I'm debating maybe making a female avatar as well, are there good support convos with her, or is it pretty much the same stuff as the male avatars?

Mr E.

I keep getting unable to download new data whenever I try to download any DLC.

I have a bonus challenge or team or something but I cannot find any maps?

Anyone else having any issues? I've tried turning spotpass off and on but no luck.

So now I'm debating doing a Lunatic Casual mode. What's the biggest difference between Lunatic and Hard? I'm debating maybe making a female avatar as well, are there good support convos with her, or is it pretty much the same stuff as the male avatars?

Some are pretty different and some are the same. The only one I know off the top of my head that is really different is the Avatar's with Lon'qu. Oh and probably
Lucina

McNum

Is the Manakete attack Mag or Str based, anyway? It looked magic, but Nowi's magic is pretty low, and she hit pretty hard in the previous map. Even if she can't take a hit... She really needs a few levels with +HP to be good, I think.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Is the Manakete attack Mag or Str based, anyway? It looked magic, but Nowi's magic is pretty low, and she hit pretty hard in the previous map. Even if she can't take a hit... She really needs a few levels with +HP to be good, I think.

Strength, magic is useless on a Manakete unless they have Ignis.

Just finished the game on Hard Classic. I must've not overleveled too much because the game stayed a decent challenge the entire time. I had to restart a lot of times because someone I wanted to keep alive would die.

Lot of conversations are the same with a female avatar, but a handful are different.

And Lunatic has stronger enemies with better weapons, basically. Then Lunatic+ goes and throws ridiculous skills in the mix.

Olivia and a female avatar both give better kids than Sumia, but Sumia is a better option than Sully or Maribelle.

Inigo with Chrom as a father is a monster, and Lucina with Olivia as a mother has better stat caps and growths, plus Myrmidon tree is better for her than Knight+Cleric she gets from Sumia. Especially since it gives her Swordfaire, even if you don't use Vantage/Astra/Lethality.

McNum

Strength, magic is useless on a Manakete unless they have Ignis.
Thanks. Wonder if she's worth raising. On one hand: She has a very limited amount of attacks until I find a place to get more Dragonstones. On the other: She's a freaking dragon! Dragons are awesome.

Olivia and a female avatar both give better kids than Sumia, but Sumia is a better option than Sully or Maribelle.
Well, the Avatar is male and Sumia is at A with Chrom already. Looks like that one is pretty much locked in, then.

Moonlight

Banned
You can marry Sumia to another character, and as long as Chrom hasn't fought alongside any other woman, he'll automatically marry Olivia as long as you pair them up as soon as you get her.

Anyone else having any issues? I've tried turning spotpass off and on but no luck.

Urm, you have beaten chapter 4 right? There is a specific map spot you go to buy DLC called the "OUtrealm gate" or something like that. It's not through the wireless menu

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks. Wonder if she's worth raising. On one hand: She has a very limited amount of attacks until I find a place to get more Dragonstones. On the other: She's a freaking dragon! Dragons are awesome.

There are three Manaketes, and they are all worth using. You can buy Dragonstones at the Chapter 12 store, I believe. And one is dropped by the Chapter 11 boss.

They're best in their Manakete form, but it's good to reclass them for some skills. If you're not doing much grinding you probably want to target ones you can get quick so you can get back to Manakete with them.

NeonZ

European version? You won't get any bonus map for a while in the wireless menu. To get the actual DLC maps, you go to the gate that appears in the map after chapter 4.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
There are three Manaketes, and they are all worth using. You can buy Dragonstones at the Chapter 12 store, I believe. And one is dropped by the Chapter 11 boss.

They're best in their Manakete form, but it's good to reclass them for some skills. If you're not doing much grinding you probably want to target ones you can get quick so you can get back to Manakete with them.
I'm pretty sure they are best when they are Bride class.
I know, I know, waiting for DLC yadayadayada

Man, Morgan's A-rank conversations with her parents were lame. On the other hand, Cynthia and Nah both had wonderful conversations with their fathers. Morgan, why can't you be more like Nah? At least she dresses like a normal person.

m0t0k1

Why is there a week dlc break? They are not going to release Champions 2 until 2-5-13 according to the Nintendo website. I want champions 3 because i want micaiah and the all stats+2 thingy. that is gonna release on 8-5-13.

Danneee

11 hours in and I'm only at chapter 7. Damn this game is fun!

Is there any way to have weapons last longer or is buying and replacing the only option? Also, is there a good guide to the classes? I have two master seals now but can't decide how to use them. And one last thing, are second seals useful at all?

ffdgh

Man, Morgan's A-rank conversations with her parents were lame. On the other hand, Cynthia and Nah both had wonderful conversations with their fathers. Morgan, why can't you be more like Nah? At least she dresses like a normal person.

Let's be fair, It's a miracle Nah doesn't dress lile Nowi lol.

Mr E.

Urm, you have beaten chapter 4 right? There is a specific map spot you go to buy DLC called the "OUtrealm gate" or something like that. It's not through the wireless menu

European version? You won't get any bonus map for a while in the wireless menu. To get the actual DLC maps, you go to the gate that appears in the map after chapter 4.

Phew that's a relief lol. No I haven't beaten Chapter 4 just unlocked it.

Thought I had something wrong. The message "unable to download data" is a bit scary. Maybe check back later or complete level 4 would be better.

Thanks anyways guys.

Realyn

I only played the Wii Fire Emblen and started on hard/classic until chapter 4 or so to get a grip of things.
Then restarted lunatic/classic but got kinda frustrated on chapter 2. I know it's doable, but you have to rely on some kind of rng luck like the hammer guy on chapter 1.

So, back to hard/classic from stretch(no reloading btw - if someone dies ... he dies ;)). This time I started with speed as strength and luck as weakness iirc. Right now I'm on chapter 6 and feel like I kinda steamroll things :/. Unlike my first tries I didn't try to spread the exp at all.
I promoted my heroguy on lvl 20 recently and she is up to lvl 3 again. I'm using her with Fred(lvl 4) as support.
Chrom is 16 or 17 and allways paired with Sully. Both pairs are married allready.
Besides that I'm using the fat shield guy(sorry, I'm rather new to FE and can't keep track of all the names) paired to the high crit sword wielding guy.
The last spots are usually Lissa, even tho I rarely need her heals, Miriel and Virion for rangeds support.

And well, so far it's stupidly easy once you figure out the pairing stuff. I can just run around with either my hero or Chrom pair and attack attack attack without having to worry at all. Will it get harder at all or did I kinda brake the difficulty with those 2 pairs for the next couple of stages? I really enjoy the game, but the difficulty spread between hard and lunatic is kinda meh so far.

TrueBlue

Ugh, getting my arse handed to me on the Cynthia paralogue. That bastard keeps turning all those mercs into enemy units and they just overwhelm me after I've finished dealing with the ones up front.

11 hours in and I'm only at chapter 7. Damn this game is fun!

Is there any way to have weapons last longer or is buying and replacing the only option? Also, is there a good guide to the classes? I have two master seals now but can't decide how to use them. And one last thing, are second seals useful at all?

Only one rare staff can repair weapons so no real point in not using up stuff and buying more.

Just use them on whoever you like, the seals are buyable later in the game.

Second seals are useful since they allow you to access other classes, new skills and level up again as it brings your unit back to 1 for more stat gains.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure they are best when they are Bride class.
I know, I know, waiting for DLC yadayadayada

I like Manakete's tankiness, and the more than 10 strength over bride is worth more to me than a few points of skill and speed.

Unless you're just talking about having an army of brides like ohlawd.

Mr E.

One question regarding the DLC maps, are they scalable to your relative team strength?
Or us it just a case of try it and see how you get on, I would imagine replaying them would just be a breeze if your over levelled.

One question regarding the DLC maps, are they scalable to your relative team strength?
Or us it just a case of try it and see how you get on, I would imagine replaying them would just be a breeze if your over levelled.

They don't scale to your current level. Does make it decent for grinding up some units, though the first few become cakewalks if your party is pretty strong.

The latter DLCs are pretty tough though.

Danneee

Only one rare staff can repair weapons so no real point in not using up stuff and buying more.

Just use them on whoever you like, the seals are buyable later in the game.

Second seals are useful since they allow you to access other classes, new skills and level up again as it brings your unit back to 1 for more stat gains.

Oh ok, money and really good weapons just seem so scarce. But I guess they are more common later in the game?

Mr E.

They don't scale to your current level. Does make it decent for grinding up some units, though the first few become cakewalks if your party is pretty strong.

The latter DLCs are pretty tough though.
Thanks mate. I suppose its simple enough to browse the map and check out the enemy.

Be nice if it had an advanced wars type map editor.

Oh ok, money and really good weapons just seem so scarce. But I guess they are more common later in the game?

Money is basically fling at you at random points due to those bullions whose only purpose is to sell to make money. The risen encounters on the world map always have at least one or two enemies that drop bullions as well.

Thanks mate. I suppose its simple enough to browse the map and check out the enemy.

Be nice if it had an advanced wars type map editor.

Yep. You are always able to enter any map, DLC, story, SpotPass, random encounter, and return to the world map from it if you don't feel like your units are capable.

MicH

Managed to beat chapter 7 before reinforcements arrived. YEAH!
Also just maxed out the relationship between Avatar and Chrom. I lead with those two way too often. Also just viewed the first (or second?) support between Kellam and Avatar. Oh god I feel even worse for that poor, poor guy :(

Wiseblade

Managed to beat chapter 7 before reinforcements arrived. YEAH!
Also just maxed out the relationship between Avatar and Chrom. I lead with those two way too often. Also just viewed the first (or second?) support between Kellam and Avatar. Oh god I feel even worse for that poor, poor guy :(

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry reading "ghost food". Kellam's sell quote at a shop is hilarious too.

Why is there a week dlc break? They are not going to release Champions 2 until 2-5-13 according to the Nintendo website. I want champions 3 because i want micaiah and the all stats+2 thingy. that is gonna release on 8-5-13.

They might be releasing a different map next Thursday. Maybe The Golden Gaffe or something.

Draxal

Inigo with Chrom as a father is a monster, and Lucina with Olivia as a mother has better stat caps and growths, plus Myrmidon tree is better for her than Knight+Cleric she gets from Sumia. Especially since it gives her Swordfaire, even if you don't use Vantage/Astra/Lethality.

Inigo is a monster with anybody as his parent, he's impossible to fuck up. And I honestly think Lucina fine with anybody as her parent as well (except for Sully), she's a perfect support monster just like her dad is.

I think it's just a preference thing, I honestly do think Rightful King is wasted on Inigo (his skill's stupid high anyway so he triggers enough already and he has access to a godly amount of good skills already) and Chrom doesn't give Inigo the one thing he truly needs to be broken (access to the dark mage/sorcerer) tree. Were giving aether out to Cynthia is extremely underrated once you get to limitbreaker stages, it triggers a lot with her stupid skill.

ohlawd

I like Manakete's tankiness, and the more than 10 strength over bride is worth more to me than a few points of skill and speed.

Unless you're just talking about having an army of brides like ohlawd.

Better believe it :D

The only Manakete worth keeping as a Manakete is Spotpass Tiki imo.

Lusankya

Pair her up with Lon'qu to get the speed boost and she is a monster. She has such high DEF and RES, that she doesn't need that much HP anyway (though her HP growth is very high as well).

Top Bottom