• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Anteo

Why a waste? Would there be better pairings for him? And its pretty fun to see that some pairings seem to occur naturally from play. All of the people commenting so far did the same choices as I did. I should just do something else than what the games tricks me into!

Nah Galeforce > Whatever kid sully has with Galeforce.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm fine with Kjelle, but she's just not one of my favorites. Sully sux tho.
Sully is pretty much one of my strongest characters atm with the big movement, 16 speed and 13 attack.

TrueBlue

My pairings:

MU/Lissa
Chrom/Sumia
Stahl/Miriel
Gregor/Nowi (Still creeps me out a bit)
Sully/Lon'qu
Libra/Cordelia
Frederick/Panne

So far in any case. Planning to put Henry and Tharja together at the moment.

Jintor

Oh god hard is hard

stupid OCD 'must never lose units' tendencies

IT WAS VIABLE IN PREVIOUS GAMES I SWEAR TO GOD

any tips for training up? Up to chapter 6 and sub-mission 2...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Oh god hard is hard

stupid OCD 'must never lose units' tendencies

IT WAS VIABLE IN PREVIOUS GAMES I SWEAR TO GOD
Still works in hard if you restart. Though it gets ridiculously easy once the DLC worlds pop up.
I am in chapter 6 as well currently and have all my units at level 12 or something with levelling on the first DLC map.

Turok_TTZ

I'm still at the beginning (chapter 5) and still grinding instead of doing story, so I don't know yet, but how do you get money? I'm starting to get poor.
shouldnt there be risen for you to pummel on for spare cash? or am I thinking that after one or two chapters? You should go through story if u do not have the golden gaffe dlc. some bosses carry bullion m for u to cash in on.

I seem to be having horrendous problems keeping a connection with my 3DS. Like, it will connect, but not work 5 seconds later. Had the same problem with 2 DSes and the Wii, never had an issue with any other handheld or console. This sound familiar to anyone?

What's the reason to not pair up the MU with Sully or Maribelle? Weak kids or poor class options?

Personally, I can't help but pair Lon'qu with Miriel :p

Toma

shouldnt there be risen for you to pummel on for spare cash? or am I thinking that after one or two chapters? You should go through story if u do not have the golden gaffe dlc. some bosses carry bullion m for u to cash in on.
They do pop up rarely at that point, but they are still too hard to beat. Best bet is doing the first DLC world and selling stuff from the villages.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I seem to be having horrendous problems keeping a connection with my 3DS. Like, it will connect, but not work 5 seconds later. Had the same problem with 2 DSes and the Wii, never had an issue with any other handheld or console. This sound familiar to anyone?

What's the reason to not pair up the MU with Sully or Maribelle? Weak kids or poor class options?

Pairing MU up with anyone is fine since the child gets access to all classes that are available to their gender.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Male avatar = every kid gets Galeforce except Gerome, Yarne, and Laurent who can't possibly get it no matter what.

Female avatar, I'd probably leave Kjelle out and give it to Nah and Noire.

ffdgh

...Noire will forever have Henry as a dad since he's the blood to tharja's thunder :p.

I refuse to step away from
Chrom/Sumia
Virion/Cherche
Henry/Tharja
Gregor/Miriel

They make too much sense...

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I'm definitely giving Kjelle Donnel's premium manseed so she's out of the picture.

So boobs or Manakete.... so hard.

But I like all my females to be Brides so looks like Noire is the winner here.

Ah, I must've misread the part where you were giving Donnel to Sully lol. Them boobs in dat shiny dress. Nice.

...Noire will forever have Henry as a dad since he's the blood to tharja's thunder :p.

I refuse to step away from
Chrom/Sumia
Virion/Cherche
Henry/Tharja
Gregor/Miriel

They make too much sense...

That's how I feel about Kincaido x Cordelia.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Gaius x Tharja makes a great Noire. Bad luck, but otherwise all around great. Makes for a nice Assassin. Or Sorcerer. Or just about any good final class she has access to.

This entry is my first FE taste of reinforcements moving on the same turn they arrive and it tastes foul.
I say this having just finished up side story 8,
Super sages with high powered tomes emerging out of nowhere to try and fuck shit up, I feared ever having Cordelia out there with archers popping up either side of a thin stage whenever they please, at times like this I really appreciate the pair up mechanic.
The story chapter before hand was equally as reinforcement happy, it's a cruel and unjust world to bring a dancer into especially.

Chopper

I've just done Chapter 3. Loving it, but I have no idea what any of you guys are talking about. I'm just playing it like Advance Wars. :/

Toma

I've just done Chapter 3. Loving it, but I have no idea what any of you guys are talking about. I'm just playing it like Advance Wars. :/
Bonds need to be mended over time. You'll notice.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Alright, just finished chapter 5 (finished before but lon qu died in the process :() and got a master seal.

Who should I ascend first? Lissa, chrom or main MC?

Lon qu pairing up with chrom is a beast though. Just one shotting and critting everyone.

ohlawd

Gaius x Tharja makes a great Noire. Bad luck, but otherwise all around great. Makes for a nice Assassin. Or Sorcerer. Or just about any good final class she has access to.

dat Armsthrift and dat Sol.

Man, I actually slightly like Nah more than Noire so it feels bad not being able to give her Galeforce ;_; Sorry Nah, you still have the best support convos in the game though!

Shahadan

Alright, just finished chapter 5 (finished before but lon qu died in the process :() and got a master seal.

Wat. Did you mean Second Seal?

Edit : Or whatever it is called. I get them mixed up after too much Radiant Dawn. I know I got one in the DLC map yesterday.

I find the key difference between the two titles is...

Advance Wars: I'm a commander in my comfy HQ probably far away from enemy lines, my units are expendable, when a huge plane of mine comes crashing down in a burning wreck killing all on board I can only think about my lost money.

Fire Emblem: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DODGE! NOOOO! I FAILED TO TAKE THAT DAMN ARCHER INTO ACCOUNT! I'VE FAILED MY TEAM, THIS UPCOMING VICTORY IS NOW HOLLOW! EVERYONE KILL THE ARCHER, I THIRST FOR HIS BLOOD!

ohlawd

Frederick's awesome Silver Lance just broke. What the fuck?

lol didn't pay attention to the number beside the name? That tells you how many uses it has before it goes "poof".

this is how my 10 year old bro played the game. He kept using all the good weapons at the start so he'd take longer than usual to beat the later chapters.

But he played on Casual so thank fuck.

Anteo

You have to buy/find new weapons ! That way your overpowered weapons are to be used on the best occasions.

Also stop using Frederick, you'll be screwed later I think.

Yeah don't use him unless you want to turn the game into a grind fest later on.

What? Like, entirely? How would that benefit anyone?

Remember the talk about Master Seals, and how they promote units to a better class?
He is a promoted unit, a WEAK promoted unit that gets outclassed by level 10 prepromoted untis pretty fast. Since his internal level is actually level 21, he levels slower and eats a lot of exp that could give at least 2 or 3 levels to your other units. If you overuse him, you will have to grind to compensate for that.

Top Bottom