• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Tenck

I got Tiki incarnation but she doesn't want any weapons I try to give her. What weapons does she use? Think she's a manakete or something like that.

TWILT

Banned
Started a new playthrough and accidently saved over my old playthrough that had like 70+ hours on it. Fuuuuucccckkkk.

Oh well, I can just spend another 70 hours of my life for this game...I guess. >_>
Gives me an excuse to get Galeforce on Inigo, Owain and Brady this time around.

I got Tiki incarnation but she doesn't want any weapons I try to give her. What weapons does she use? Think she's a manakete or something like that.

Yeah, Tiki starts as a manakete and requires dragonstones to attack. You can buy them later on in the game.

ohlawd

Not everyone can be Pegasus Knights.

srsly if I was part of IntSys, I would have given all females the Pegasus Knight and Mercenary lines.

Pair her up with Lon'qu to get the speed boost and she is a monster. She has such high DEF and RES, that she doesn't need that much HP anyway (though her HP growth is very high as well).

She's guaranteed to get +1 HP.
+2 HP about 20% of the time. (man did I get this right?) lol

Yeah she's a Manakete so she wants Dragonstones or Dragonstones+.

...it never dawned on me until now that spotpass tiki is essential better than story tiki since she has access to almost every class and their skills XD.

She's missing supports doe.

Not like Story Tiki is any better since she has supports to uhh... 4-5 peeps?

Tenck

Alright thanks guys. Will buy some Dragonstones later on in the game.

Also, 2 hours went by so fast. This game is my heroin right now.

MicH

I just had the luckiest turn ever. Waike and Lissa were near each other and on the verge of death and I failed to get them to safety. Eemy phase. An enemy attacks Waike. I'm like "Fuck, he's dead". MISS. Oh god that felt good. He proceeds to kill the enemy. But there's still another enemy in range! Attacks Lissa. Crap. But the Gods were with me and her skill activated. HELL YEAH!

i can't believe it, haha. Right at the end of a stage, too!

BowieZ

Banned
What I think is cool about this is it's a more advanced version of StreetPass Hero Quest, with team preparations, selecting orders, attacks, combos, level-ups and pickups.

But it's so much more advanced. It's a bit overwhelming. Had I not had that StreetPass style formative experience I wouldn't have tried to learn the FE mechanics at all.

Also what is up with everyone's horse hoove feet?!

srsly if I was part of IntSys, I would have given all females the Pegasus Knight and Mercenary lines.

Or at the very least, not have some characters have redundant class options. Being able to be both a Knight and a Cavalier isn't exactly very diverse!

She's guaranteed to get +1 HP.
+2 HP about 20% of the time. (man did I get this right?) lol

Yep, her HP growth rate is 120%.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Not everyone can be Pegasus Knights.

A lot can though!

It's the 4th most common class after Wyvern Rider (12! characters) Thief and Myrmidon (9 characters each).

Cavalier, Fighter, Barbarian, Mercenary, and Troubadour are all tied for least common (5 each), unless you count Cleric and Priest separately for some reason.

Obviously all that excludes second-gen characters and special/unique classes.

What I think is cool about this is it's a more advanced version of StreetPass Hero Quest, with team preparations, selecting orders, attacks, combos, and pickups.

But it's so much more advanced. It's a bit overwhelming. Had I not had that StreetPass style formative experience I wouldn't have tried to learn the FE mechanics at all.

Also what is up with everyone's horse hoove feet?!

Long story short, it's a stylistic choice by the devs because they thought they didn't have enough power available to smoothly render the feet (which they later found out they could)

A lot can though!

It's the 4th most common class after Wyvern Rider (12! characters) Thief and Myrmidon (9 characters each).

Cavalier, Fighter, Barbarian, Mercenary, and Troubadour are all tied for least common (5 each), unless you count Cleric and Priest separately for some reason.

Obviously all that excludes second-gen characters and special/unique classes.

Huh, that's interesting.

Wonder what's with all that Wyvern Rider love, IS.

Link Man

Banned
im1mKY4dW1wT1.jpg

Xeno_V

I'm still at the beginning (chapter 5) and still grinding instead of doing story, so I don't know yet, but how do you get money? I'm starting to get poor.

After a while you will get lots of money mostly from bullions (items dropped from enemies or found in chests etc). At first I also thought that getting lots of money is hard, but after chapter 10 or so I had way more money than I could spend.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, that's interesting.

Wonder what's with all that Wyvern Rider love, IS.

It's a pretty decent tree, two breaker skills plus deliverer is a good utility skill. And a Wyvern Lord is basically a less gimpy Great Knight without swords.

I'd have rather seen it more balanced though, it doesn't make much sense for some classes to have around twice as much availability as others. Maybe if you factor in promotions and per-character classes since there are some overlaps it is more balanced, but still far from "perfect."

Dunbar

I got the US Fire Emblem 3DS bundle and I just started to play it. I've never played a 3DS game before, so I have some probably-stupid questions.

What is SpotPass? I just beat a chapter and all of a sudden it gave me a bunch of free maps, items and characters (I think). I only redeemed the maps because I'm not sure how to use the characters. How is this different from StreetPass?

Also, the game recently told me that some weapons do extra damage to certain characters. There is a little icon next to the weapons, but I need a chart or something to match up those icons with corresponding types. I already checked the manual.

It's a fun game so far, about 2-3 hours in. I have no idea how some of you are playing for 400-500 hours because it seems like the chapters are pretty short. Is there that much DLC?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also, the game recently told me that some weapons do extra damage to certain characters. There is a little icon next to the weapons, but I need a chart or something to match up those icons with corresponding types. I already checked the manual.

Axes beat lances, lances beat swords and swords beat axes.

Tenck

I got the US Fire Emblem 3DS bundle and I just started to play it. I've never played a 3DS game before, so I have some probably-stupid questions.

What is SpotPass? I just beat a chapter and all of a sudden it gave me a bunch of free maps, items and characters (I think). I only redeemed the maps because I'm not sure how to use the characters. How is this different from StreetPass?

It's a fun game so far, about 2-3 hours in. I have no idea how some of you are playing for 400-500 hours because it seems like the chapters are pretty short. Is there that much DLC?

Spotpass is online, Streetpass is local.

And to see what weapons do extra damage, go up to an enemy with a hero, and next to their names you'll see arrows next to their weapons. If it's pointing up, it'll do more damage. If it's pointing down, it means it's weaker against that weapon.

And there's a lot of chapters. That plus multiple play-throughs make Fire Emblem one of the biggest time sinks ever.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Spotpass is online, Streetpass is local.

And to see what weapons do extra damage, go up to an enemy with a hero, and next to their names you'll see arrows next to their weapons. If it's pointing up, it'll do more damage. If it's pointing down, it means it's weaker against that weapon.

And there's a lot of chapters. That plus multiple play-throughs make Fire Emblem one of the biggest time sinks ever.

Why do people do multiple playthroughs (other thank higher difficulties)? Different bonds/family stuff? Or different endings?

But yeah, I am currently at 10 hours in Chapter 6 on my first play through (hard), so I will probably play it for a while.

Dunbar

Axes beat lances, lances beat swords and swords beat axes.
I meant like, after the game tells you bows do a lot of damage to Pegasus Knights, you can see a little icon next to a bow that looks like a Pegasus. Chron has a sword with two little icons next to it but I can't make out which classes they might be.

ohlawd

Why do people do multiplay playthroughs? Different bonds/family stuff? Or different endings?

cuz the game is fun as hell? And yeah, mostly trying out different waifus. It's a game changer with the kids since different parents = may get totally different skills for them to abuse. There are also tons of ways to play a new game by setting your own limits.

I meant like, after the game tells you bows do a lot of damage to Pegasus Knights, you can see a little icon next to a bow that looks like a Pegasus. Chron has a sword with two little icons next to it but I can't make out which classes they might be.

See here.

calc_strong.jpg
calc_weak.jpg

sauce

So in this case, Falchion's green mark will deal bonus damage to any unit that has the same green mark.

Tenck

Why do people do multiple playthroughs (other thank higher difficulties)? Different bonds/family stuff? Or different endings?

But yeah, I am currently at 10 hours in Chapter 6 on my first play through (hard), so I will probably play it for a while.

When I do different playthrough, it's with a higher difficulty. I also lose a lot of heroes my first playthrough, so I want to see if I can do better the second time.

I actually finished Radiant Dawn 3 times. Good times.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
cuz the game is fun as hell? And yeah, mostly trying out different waifus. It's a game changer with the kids since different parents = may get totally different skills for them to abuse. There are also tons of ways to play a new game by setting your own limits.

Haha, sure. I was just asking because there might have been a more involved reason for 500 hours of playtime instead of just "trying something else" (like different endings that depend on which children you have etc.)

If those icons match other character then you know what it might be weak too. A metal (grey) horse is are stuff like Knights, Generals, Great Knights and the brown horse are mounted units such as Cavaliers, Great Knights and Paladins.

EDIT: Nevermind, someone explained it better :)

ohlawd

Haha, sure. I was just asking because there might have been a more involved reason for 500 hours of playtime instead of just "trying something else" (like different endings that depend on which children you have etc.)

Grinding supports for everybody + maxing all units' stats with all their promoted class skills learned take a while too.

Toma

Who did you guys pair up Donnel with? I am about to give him into the caring hands of Sully. On a similar note, I am tempted to marry Stahl to Miriel, hehe.

Toma

I gave Donnel to Sully as well. Waste of Donnel's talents.

Why a waste? Would there be better pairings for him? And its pretty fun to see that some pairings seem to occur naturally from play. All of the people commenting so far did the same choices as I did. I should just do something else than what the games tricks me into!

Top Bottom