• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I'll save it then. With the rate I'm going I probably could get to 20 pretty soon.

Should I marry now or wait till I promote then units, or does it not matter?

Doesn't matter, the children aren't "set" until you enter the paralogue/side story and get them. So you can S-rank, keep leveling up and getting skills to pass down, then do the side story and get them once it opens up.

Jintor

How are you getting so much xp anti? I'm not even feeding fred since the second or third chapter and my highest level unit is Jin and Lissa at lvl 9...

ffdgh

Alright, I'll save it then. With the rate I'm going I probably could get to 20 pretty soon.

Nah it doesn't matter, the kids stats and skills aren't final until you start and finish their map.

Draxal

MC is really easy to break with xp, if you abuse pairing up with veteran. It's why she/he and Frederick are the mvps of the early game.

Man, this is my first strategy game and I am playing on the easy mode for very obviously reasons, and even then I am dying left and right lol.

I don't know how you guys play on the classic and hard modes.

Anteo

The stats/skill of the child depends on the stats of the parents at the time you enter the paralogue. Also you are free to leave, grind and go back and the game will generate the stats/skill for them again.

ohlawd

Also what's the difference between second seals and master seals?

Second Seals reclasses units.
Master Seals promotes units

Using a SS on a:
lvl 1-9 base unit - nope, can't.
lvl 10-19 base unit - reclass into another base class
lvl 20 base unit - same as lvl 10-19 and back into the same base class ex. Mercenary -> Mercenary

lvl 1-9 promoted unit - reclass into a base class
lvl 10-19 promoted unit - reclass into another promoted class
lvl 20 promoted unit - same as lvl 10-19 and back into the same promotedclass ex. Hero -> Hero

Unit a MS on a:
lvl 1-9 base unit - nuh uh not allowed
lvl 10-20 - promote ex. Mercenary -> Bow Knight or Hero

Which turns out to be 80% without RK and in all honesty, you are probably running out of skill slots to use on Inigo (galeforce/limitbreaker/sol/aggressor are mandatory imho, I'd much rather use armsthrift/faire skill than rk in that slot especally when there is relatevily few merc/dark mages combos in the game).

Those are the skills my Inigo has + Armsthrift. Rightful King has no place in my set up :(

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Cordelia is the best unit in the whole game. Morgan and Severa can't even beat her. I don't care if you say otherwise. Not listening!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Doesn't matter, the children aren't "set" until you enter the paralogue/side story and get them. So you can S-rank, keep leveling up and getting skills to pass down, then do the side story and get them once it opens up.

Alright, awesome.

How are you getting so much xp anti? I'm not even feeding fred since the second or third chapter and my highest level unit is Jin and Lissa at lvl 9...

I do a lot of the challenges and the side stories.

Also I use chrom and femMC together a lot, but not paired up. Their rank basically allows me to one shot an enemy from time to time. Also recently discovered that chrom paired up with lon qu is a beast.

daydream

Banned
I'm pretty much a newcomer to the series (only played a few hours of FE on the GBA) and I had no problems getting started. Going for Chrom x Sully right now, she's great!

Antiwhippy

Second Seals reclasses units.
Master Seals promotes units

Using a SS on a:
lvl 1-9 base unit - nope, can't.
lvl 10-19 base unit - reclass into another base class
lvl 20 base unit - same as lvl 10-19 and back into the same base class ex. Mercenary -> Mercenary

lvl 1-9 promoted unit - reclass into a base class
lvl 10-19 promoted unit - reclass into another promoted class
lvl 20 promoted unit - same as lvl 10-19 and back into the same promotedclass ex. Hero -> Hero

Unit a MS on a:
lvl 1-9 base unit - nuh uh not allowed
lvl 10-20 - promote ex. Mercenary -> Bow Knight or Hero

Those are the skills my Inigo has + Armsthrift. Rightful King has no place in my set up :(

Huh, I don't really see the point of the SS then unless you like a character but hate their class? Do you get to keep their stats?

Also man, so many classes. I'll have to wiki to see what's available.

Shahadan

Man, this is my first strategy game and I am playing on the easy mode for very obviously reasons, and even then I am dying left and right lol.

Well except for critical hits and Lunatic Mode, FE is always fair. When you die it's generally due to poor planning on your part :p
Watch carefully the enemy's movement before moving your own units and watch what class/weapons they use, act accordingly, pair up, and you should be fine :)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Rexcalibur and high speed. Good bye, Cordelia. ;)

Her resistance grows slowly, but it's not that bad.

Oh wait, you're assuming she's not a Hero. Why would you do such a silly thing?

Huh, I don't really see the point of the SS then unless you like a character but hate their class? Do you get to keep their stats?

Also man, so many classes. I'll have to wiki to see what's available.

It's all about skills. Collect skills from different classes and end in a good class with a good skill combination. You don't really have time to do much by the end of the main game though, you'll probably be reclassing promoted units for the first time once you hit the end if you don't do much/any grinding.

Anteo

Abuse the pair up. MU has a skill that adds +50% of exp when paired up to the main unit of the pair (so if he/she is in the back, the other unit will get the extra exp)

Plan ahead, check the area the enemies can move (Press X to check the attack area of all enemies, you can mark each one individualy too and it shows in a different color, pink for all of them, red for the ones you mark). You can block their way to your units by placing other units in their path. Be carefull because the opposite can happen, moving a unit to get a kill can give the enemies an opening to get to your healer.

Do not overuse Frederick, he steals exp from other units and needs a lot to get one level while others would get 3-4, so only use him when you really need it. You can give him a weak weapon so he can weaken the enemy, but do not give him any kill.

MicH

So where can I get Master Seals? Just finished chapter 6 and my MC is nearing level 20, not to mention many others who are above level 10.

I did buy a Second Seal which I will use on Donnel as soon as he reaches level 15

Kincaido

She's still got that flying weakness, even as a Dark Flier.

Iote's Shield fixes that. Her final class is a bride anyways =P

Also, the weakness doesn't matter. I block 90% of the attacks that are attempted on her anyways!

NeonZ

You get to keep stats (although class changing with the second seal can result in some stats lowering, while others rising, due to each class having different base stats) and skills. Different classes have different skills and you can add them up by using the second seal.

Cordelia is the best unit in the whole game. Morgan and Severa can't even beat her. I don't care if you say otherwise. Not listening!

She definitely has one of the best class options of the parents. She basically has most of the desired skills right there available for her to learn.

Kincaido

She definitely has one of the best class options of the parents. She basically has most of the desired skills right there available for her to learn.

She really is the best.

Also, bad speed? I think not!
WsiPQpD.jpg

Chrom

So where can I get Master Seals? Just finished chapter 6 and my MC is nearing level 20, not to mention many others who are above level 10.

I did buy a Second Seal which I will use on Donnel as soon as he reaches level 15

You can buy them from the Chapter 12 armory, I believe.

zroid

Banned
I also got a bunch of Seals by purchasing them from the randomly generated StreetPass teams

What?! Look at those stats! How come they're so high?! Is this the only game where you can surpass Level 20?

It's cuz she's a Bride (a special class). They don't promote, but cap out at level 30 instead of 20.

Chrom

What?! Look at those stats! How come they're so high?! Is this the only game where you can surpass Level 20?

No, some other games let you go past 20. Circumstantial.

In this game, certain classes like Bride and Dancer can go up to Level 30 to compensate for the fact that they don't promote into anything.

Antiwhippy

Second seals are better than master seals overall...eventually.

You get to keep stats (although class changing with the second seal can result in some stats lowering, while others rising, due to each class having different base stats) and skills. Different classes have different skills and you can add them up by using the second seal.

So they get to keep the skill of their? So, let's say I turn Lissa into a dark mage. Can she still use the healing staff?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Radiant Dawn has a third promotion tier, and Cordelia has Limit Break in that picture which raises caps by 10.

So they get to keep the skill of their? So, let's say I turn Lissa into a dark mage. Can she still use the healing staff?

No, you're stuck with whatever weapon types that class normally uses, but your stats and existing weapon levels do carry over. They will vary from class to class since different classes have different stat modifiers.

Kincaido

Limit Breaker skill and Brides are a special class that can get to level 30. Other ones that can reach 30 are Dread Fighter, Manakete, Taguel, Dancer, and Villager I think.

I'm so going to make her a lance called "I Love Chrom" next time.

You're dead to me.

The caps for this game are much higher than previous games. Even the base classes don't cap at 20 anymore and instead goes up to the high 20s/low 30s.

There's also the skill limit break on her, which raises her caps by another 10 points as well.

Jintor

Alright, awesome.

I do a lot of the challenges and the side stories.

Also I use chrom and femMC together a lot, but not paired up. Their rank basically allows me to one shot an enemy from time to time. Also recently discovered that chrom paired up with lon qu is a beast.

but how? All the challenges that turned up for me are like 2-3 levels above my pay grade :T

Chrom

Using a staff requires the class to have a staff rank, which varies from class to class. Dark Mage can't use staves, so Lissa would lose that ability upon reclassing to Dark Mage, for as long as she is one.

ffdgh

certain classes go up to 30
villiger
manakete
dancer
tagrul
dread fighter dlc and bride dlc

She has the limit breaker skill equiped which add +10 to all stats except hp.

Anteo

No, since Darkmages can't use staves you can't heal, but you keep all her skills like Renewal (Heals 30% at the begining of the turn). So you can get the best skills from the classes you can access and end up with a really powerfull unit, Check Kincaido's image, Cordelia with Hero's skills (Armshift, Sol), Dark Flyer Skill (Galeforce) and Falcoknight skill (Lancefairy)

Dunbar

Man am I glad I've been reading this thread. I was using Frederick to beat the crap out of everything so far. But I've only beat 3 chapters so I'm sure I can fix things.

Top Bottom