• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Chrom

What's the character limit? "Wants Chrom's D"

It's dynamic in the sense that every character has its own space value, so one five-letter word could take up more space than another five-letter word.

Chrom's D ought to fit, though.

...I don't mean that as a double entendre.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
No, since Darkmages can't use staves you can't heal, but you keep all her skills like Renewal (Heals 30% at the begining of the turn). So you can get the best skills from the classes you can access and end up with a really powerfull unit, Check Kincaido's image, Cordelia with Hero's skills (Armshift, Sol), Dark Flyer Skill (Galeforce) and Falcoknight skill (Lancefairy)

Goddamn.

Now I can see why some of you guys have 200 hours put in.

Draxal

Thinking of running this team on the FemMu playthrough.

Crom married to Fem Mu(pure support great lord)
FemMu (+Ma/-Str Sorc)
Lucina (sorc)
Morgan (sorc)
Inigo (Libra/Olivia) (sorc)
Owain (Pa doesn't really matter support sage)
Brady (Pa doesn't matter support sage
Severa (Virion/Cordelia (sorc)
Cynthia (Sumia/henry) Sorc

Just need one more fem kid with galeforce.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking of running this team on the FemMu playthrough.

Crom married to Fem Mu(pure support great lord)
FemMu (+Ma/-Str Sorc)
Lucina (sorc)
Morgan (sorc)
Inigo (Libra/Olivia) (sorc)
Owain (Pa doesn't really matter support sage)
Brady (Pa doesn't matter support sage
Severa (Virion/Cordelia (sorc)
Cynthia (Sumia/henry) Sorc

Just need one more fem kid with galeforce.

Noire with Gaius as the father?

Sorcerers are kind of overpowered, but that's going a bit overboard for me.

Wilsongt

It's funny having Ricken as anyone's father because he looks so young and is so short.

He's Owain's father on my main playthrough.

ffdgh

It's funny having Ricken as anyone's father because he looks so young and is so short.

He's Owain's father on my main playthrough.

Considering lissa sorta kills owains strength, He'll make an awesome sage and by extension dread fighter with tome faire.

Wilsongt

Considering lissa sorta kills owains strength, He'll make an awesome sage and by extension dread fighter with tome faire.

Haven't had a problem with his strength.

Myrmidon -> Swordmaster -> Assassin

When he talks about his sword hand, then uses Lethality, it's just so damn fitting.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, his dad ended up being Virion in my file, and his max stats work out better as a magic user than a physical fighter (-1 str, +3 mag modifiers). No Sorcerer, so I'm going with Sage.

TrueBlue

Argh, reading through this thread has made me feel foolish. I've used Frederick quite a lot and I've used Master Seals extremely early.

john tv

She was called that in the European release of Shadow Dragon to be consistent with the previous translation in Super Smash Bros Brawl for the sticker.

IIRC, 8-4 were the ones who came up with Caeda (I don't know why, given the romanisation fans used in the 90s/early 00s was Seeda I'd say its how you pronounce it) then NOE made changes. At least I think John TV said something to that effect in the FE:SD OT...which I now can't find. I remember posting that info on an FE forum and was told the source was "notoriously unreliable"...
Yeah, we reviewed the Smash Bros. text top to bottom, but only used stuff that felt like it properly fit in the FE world. You can't really blame them for translating all of that stuff hyper literally in SB. Short of translating the entire source game first to establish the world setting and style (which would've been impossible, of course), they didn't have many options for creativity. So they went super dry/literal. But when it came time to do Shadow Dragon, there was no way we were going to have a place called "Akaneia" in a world like that (for example). It just doesn't fit.

In any case, you can never please everyone with name changes, but one thing I always like to remind people is that no changes take place w/o the original creators' blessing. (Sometimes they even suggest changes themselves.)

Hope you're enjoying Awakening! :)

ffdgh

Poor fred and stahl are forever alone on my files. Horse base units that aren't pegasuses....pegasi are boring....unless ricken is using them since he rides ponies lol.

Draxal

Yeah, we reviewed the Smash Bros. text top to bottom, but only used stuff that felt like it properly fit in the FE world. You can't really blame them for translating all of that stuff hyper literally in SB. Short of translating the entire source game first to establish the world setting and style (which would've been impossible, of course), they didn't have many options for creativity. So they went super dry/literal. But when it came time to do Shadow Dragon, there was no way we were going to have a place called "Akaneia" in a world like that (for example). It just doesn't fit.

In any case, you can never please everyone with name changes, but one thing I always like to remind people is that no changes take place w/o the original creators' blessing. (Sometimes they even suggest changes themselves.)

Use your powers to get them to make more DLC, please.

The waifu talks is what makes this thread the most interesting!

We don't even have enough people to waifu everyone though.

I mean were already covered with Tharja, Cordelia,
Lucina
, and Cherche.

But where's the supporters for lesser females like Maribelle?

Panne??

Nowi?????

Or even the people willing to go for the other female children (besides Severa).

ohlawd

Caeda sounds/looks cooler than Seeda anyway or any other variations anyone thought of.

And yeah, 2 months later, thanks again for FE:A.

I shouldn't have used master seals right at level 10-15? Oops?

Chapter 19 smoked me bad today

Kinda missed out on some easy stat gains due to lower exp requirements but it's okay. It ain't gonna kill you later on.

Don't you mean the WDF? Waifu Defense Force?
Why? Everyone has different waifus. Doesn't make sense to put everyone under the same umbrella. How can we have waifu wars when everyone's on the same team?!

Wilsongt

Don't you mean the WDF? Waifu Defense Force?

There are better Waifu's than Cordelia. I think I just threw her at someone just to get Severa. I can't even remember who I paired her with now because I stopped using her.

Edit: Oh, Stahl. I stopped using him because his speed sucked and Morgan made a much better Paladin.

I will say the one name change that bothered me the most was going from Seti/Sety to Ced.

Besides that (and really, I understand it's just a silly name change for a game that'll never come out in America anyway), I don't mind the new names.

ffdgh

We don't even have enough people to waifu everyone though.

I mean were already covered with Tharja, Cordelia,
Lucina
, and Cherche.

But where's the supporters for lesser females like Maribelle?

Panne??

Nowi?????

Or even the people willing to go for the other female children (besides Severa).

I'll claim the rabbit. Her personality amuses me lol.

Draxal

I will say the one name change that bothered me the most was going from Seti/Sety to Ced.

Besides that (and really, I understand it's just a silly name change for a game that'll never come out in America anyway), I don't mind the new names.

I was about to make that same post, with forseti appearing in Awakening, but yeah it's trivial.

Wilsongt

Yeah... I didn't like that one, either. It makes his personal tome not so special now... =/

I was fine with the other changes, though the arbitrary change of Ray to Raigh is odd.

Edit: I played FeMU first time around, so I'm more husbando than waifu.

But, if I did have to to choose a Waifu, I'd have to go with Olivia.

Also, any reason why Priam wasn't put into the story?

Draxal

Really wish Priam was one of the fathers that could be used in this game, not enough characters pass off the merc tree. The merc sprite is the best sprite in the game, wish I could have seen more of them in end game.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
There are better Waifu's than Cordelia. I think I just threw her at someone just to get Severa. I can't even remember who I paired her with now because I stopped using her.

Edit: Oh, Stahl. I stopped using him because his speed sucked and Morgan made a much better Paladin.

Enjoy your inferior waifus you people with horrible taste.

CSX

Taking a little break. Trying out new phone's camera.

Kincaido approved pic

rpOLI2D.jpg

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
A part of me started to love Maribelle once I found out that Melissa Fahn voiced her, but I am devoted to Tharja.

Top Bottom