• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Every time I stop by this thread, I feel like I stumbled into someone's clubhouse and I stick out like a sore thumb, but I sorta wanna fit in, but I never will, so I go back to making embarrassing mistakes ingame

Join us and strengthen our bonds.

The anime. Haven't played the games. I started it up, enjoyed it, and quietly put it off to the side after the Makoto episode, I think.

Episode 20 is best episode.

Up to chapter 10 right now, I was struggling early on but I'm absolutely loving this game. Never played a Fire Emblem before, so I guess I had to start somewhere, doing Normal/Classic also, the only person who has died so far was
Sully
. Yusuke Kozaki has outdone himself also with these character designs. Loved his work on Speed Grapher and No More Heroes.

Every time I stop by this thread, I feel like I stumbled into someone's clubhouse and I stick out like a sore thumb, but I sorta wanna fit in, but I never will, so I go back to making embarrassing mistakes ingame

We just have to spend more time next to each other and our support points will raise!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Those comics are rather funny.

Focusing on Etrian Odyssey IV but I do peek here from time to time... hmm. And I booted the game Saturday just to see the
best girl's
birthday.

Speaking of Wifes, there is no doubt that stat wise and skill wise
2nd generation characters
are the best choice for the Avatar. But heart wise, for some, is more important, which is great.

You folks know what is greater? To be able to connect stat wise, skill wise, and heart wise in one, complete package. That is why
Lucina
is the best girl, uncontested :p

Kincaido

Those comics are rather funny.

Focusing on Etrian Odyssey IV but I do peek here from time to time... hmm. And I booted the game Saturday just to see the
best girl's
birthday.

Speaking of Wifes, there is no doubt that stat wise and skill wise
2nd generation characters
are the best choice for the Avatar. But heart wise, for some, is more important, which is great.

You folks know what is greater? To be able to connect stat wise, skill wise, and heart wise in one, complete package. That is why
Lucina
is the best girl, uncontested :p

Second best. I hope you are the captain of the LDF.

Kincaido

Best episode of the show easily. HNNNG'd so hard.

So many feels.
I cried.

Nope, 1st best. 2nd best is of course, the irresistibly cutesy doomsday superhuman
Female Morgan

No one is claiming the position of LDF captain? Hell, why not, I will be glad to enlist.

And ohlawd,
Lucina
curbstomps <put your favorite character here> :p

Glad someone I like is the captain of my second favorite :x

Also, fixed my post.

Marrying the kids still strikes me as.....very odd.

Nothing stops love!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Marrying the kids still strikes me as.....very odd.

Eh, judging from
Chapter 21
scene the dad doesn't mind, hahaha.

And besides, think of it as poetic in a way. Love that
transcends space and time, and a guy from the past working together with a girl from the future to thwart the evil that threatens the world both in the past and in the future

Kind of beautiful.

Glad someone I like is the captain of my second favorite :x

<3

As I have stated in a post in the previous thread, Cordelia is fantastic too :) There is more to her than just Chrom, after all. And besides, a girl who is steadfast still to a guy fighting for a noble cause even when the guy itself doesn't even recognize her feelings? Cordelia is very strong not only physically or ability wise, but also heart-wise :)

ffdgh

I suppose spoilers.

...And then we add the 3rd gen morgans into the mix as to how they could possibly exist unless the robins waited 20 years for their future hubby/waifu to grow up X_x.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
...And then we add the 3rd gen morgans into the mix as to how they could possibly exist unless the robins waited 20 years for their future hubby/waifu to grow up X_x.

I think the writers realize the clusterfuck they are making and thus they make his/her first appearance, unlike any other
children, "mysterious"
, hahaha.

Anyways,
children/2nd gen/Morgan
... alright to mention them without spoiler tags in here?

Well, one theory is that Morgan comes from a third alternative timeline anyway.

Not to mention, considering the kids that jump into the past will co-exist with the kids that haven't been born yet, I don't see why Robin would have to wait for them to grow up.

ohlawd

.... so how about dat Nowi, eh guys?

Feels great being able to waifu her. I am so glad this game has many options for me to choose from.

Moonlight

Banned
UNOuLO8.jpg

Anna's still the bomb. Shrewd, funny, and always looking for a profit. She has some of the best supports in the game, and it's just a shame there aren't that many of them.

On that note, the Bonds DLC is supposed to add more for her, right?

Kincaido

http://i.imgur.com/UNOuLO8.jpg

Anna's still the bomb. Shrewd, funny, and always looking for a profit. She has some of the best supports in the game, and it's just a shame there aren't that many of them.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Summer_of_Bonds

Doesn't look like it does =/

Edit: Nevermind, http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Harvest_of_Bonds
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Hot_Spring_of_Bonds

ohlawd

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
UNOuLO8.jpg

Now that is an understatement if I ever see one :p

And even in Bonds she supposedly only talks to Tiki, Say'ri, and Flavia.

It's like the meetings for "Fire Emblem Awakening WTF Where's My Supports??!!" group :p

holy shit that's where your avatar's from? daaaaaaang.

Wut, you didn't know this?

I am surprised no one actually took Tharja, since Zeeroid already took the best girl.

ohlawd

Nope, I did not know that.

The only one I've seen in their swimsuit is Tharja cuz I used to see the full pic plastered everywhere over the other forum I lurk. I think Gunloc is using bathing suit Chrom as his avatar but I hadn't seen the full pic before.

Kincaido

Dat Walmart.

1. Marth (1820 votes)
2. Walhart (1508 votes)
3. Henry (1482 votes)
4. Tharja (908 votes)
5. Chrom (665 votes)
6. Anna (653 votes)
7. Lon'qu (599 votes)
8. Gaius (595 votes)
9. Cordelia (574 votes)
10. Stahl (558 votes)

Sauce: https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo3DS/app_162848913870953

lol @ Walhart being that high.
Cherche is only #15. ;_;

Cordelia is third for the non children women. So if did do that she would be replaced with Anna. At least Moonlight would be happy.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That Marth is....
not the real Marth yeah?

Hah! Both in the Japanese version AND in the US version, winning both sides so deftly! <3

tauroxd

1. Marth (1820 votes)
2. Walhart (1508 votes)
3. Henry (1482 votes)
4. Tharja (908 votes)
5. Chrom (665 votes)
6. Anna (653 votes)
7. Lon'qu (599 votes)
8. Gaius (595 votes)
9. Cordelia (574 votes)
10. Stahl (558 votes)

Sauce: https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo3DS/app_162848913870953

lol @ Walhart being that high.
Cherche is only #15. ;_;

Wow... I found, I don't know, strange, that Walhart is that high. I thought that al the cuties character were going to be on top.

Einbroch

Banned
Stahl and my female main character are so cute together, I'm gonna pair them I think. Stahl is the every man: a man doing his job and doing it well. He should be rewarded with my main character. And he's my second strongest character so far.

Stahl, you're my bro.

Stahl.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Stahl and my female main character are so cute together, I'm gonna pair them I think. Stahl is the every man: a man doing his job and doing it well. He should be rewarded with my main character. And he's my second strongest character so far.

Stahl, you're my bro.

Stahl.

Stahl, why does your stat suck most of the time.

No Stahl, please quit being so average.

Pls Stahl. Pls.

:p

Just kidding :) But really, stat wise Stahl is generally not that great so hopefully your Avatar can compensate for it.

Wait, you can marry people? Is this ever explained in game?

This feature is a big part of the marketing campaign for this game I am surprised that you missed it.

As for the explanation... hmm, strangely, no, IIRC, unless I am misremembering something. Hints, yes, but not fully blown-out-I-tell-you-this kind of tutorial, huh.

Einbroch

Banned

Pls Stahl. Pls.

Just kidding :) But really, stat wise Stahl is generally not that great so hopefully your Avatar can compensate for it.
Meh, I'm going to be playing this game to beat it then sending it back, so min-maxing doesnt really matter. I'm just pairing people seeing as I, their God, know what is best for them.

Pls Stahl. Pls.

This feature is a big part of the marketing campaign for this game I am surprised that you missed it.

As for the explanation... hmm, strangely, no, IIRC, unless I am misremembering something. Hints, yes, but not fully blown-out-I-tell-you-this kind of tutorial, huh.

I bought this game because Toronto and Canadian Gaming Deals-gaf said it was awesome and hard to get, I didn't know anything about it before I bought it

Top Bottom