• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

ohlawd

High five.

Both in Japan and in the US, people recognize superiority when they see one >:)

Hard not to see why that person won. The coolest and most mysterious person in the game imo.

---

We can do an unofficial poll including all the missing characters.

I know that Kjelle will have one vote for her - from me lol.

Played 3 chapters and the first side mission.
Still loving the game so far! its really really good.

And as a noob I almost understand everything now.
But:

- How do you get gold?
- can you see the amount of damage you deal again a enemy before attacking it?
- can you "repair" the stats on a weapon so that you can use it more?
I man that if a weapons has 10/40 uses can you get it back to 40/40 or do you have to buy a new one?
- Are they places to "grind" or is every mission only playable once?
- Are the download missions available in the EU yet? or only the customs and characters?

Played 3 chapters and the first side mission.
Still loving the game so far! its really really good.

And as a noob I almost understand everything now.
But:

- How do you get gold?
I man that if a weapons has 10/40 uses can you get it back to 40/40 or do you have to buy a new one?
- Are the download missions available in the EU yet? or only the customs and characters?

You sell bullion or do the Gold Gaffee DLC map when it comes out.
Uh, I think one of the settings lets you change the pre-attacking menus. Experiment I guess.
Repairing items requires a super uncommon staff. Just play new ones.
You can grind via DLC maps, SpotPass character teams or random encounters of risen on the world map which you can summon by using the Reeking Box.
I think the first DLC map should be out.

TWILT

Banned
- How do you get gold?

-Selling items called "Bullions."
-Yes, you should be able how much damage you will deal/the hitrate/chance of a critical before you attack.
-Outside from a staff you get late in the game, no. You're better off buying new weapons to use.
-Random Risen enemies will spawn on the map sometimes. You can also infinitely replay any DLC chapters you've purchased (though you must beat chapter 4 first).
-I'm not from EU, but I believe the first map should be out.

EDIT: Beaten.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
- How do you get gold?

Gold - Sell bullions that you can get from random world-map Risen encounters or some enemies or treasure chests in the story maps. Or get Golden Gaffe map which is 75.000 K in one round if you kill all the enemies. A certain skill can also give you chance to get bullion when you fell enemies.

Amount of damage - Yes you can see the damage you can inflict. It does not account critical damage but you can easily count it since it is x3.

Repair - No with the exception of Hammerne staff which is rare and only buyable later game. Be mindful of Armsthrift skill, however, since it negates the necessity for this and is most definitely one of the most useful skills in the game.

Grind - DLC maps/spotpass teams, since they are infinitely replayable. Or, if you play in normal, use purchasable Reeking Box. Since *every* world map encounter gives you an enemy with Bullion so you have a surplus in money. Not viable on hard or above.

Don't know about the EU stuff, sorry :)

ohlawd

I haven't done any 2nd gen pair ups except Owain x fsdajlbf to keep the bloodline pure. I didn't even want this tbh. Just wanted it to save for the support log but I saved over BOTH my main file and backup file so I'm stuck with it.

Yarne sucks. Give Boobs to Laurent.

BowieZ

Banned
Can someone explain to me why items are greyed out? I stock someone with items and they're all grey and so of course they don't seem to be able to attack during battle. I don't remember this stuff being explained anywhere in the introductory chapters..?!

Can someone explain to me why items are greyed out? I stock someone with items and they're all grey and so of course they don't seem to be able to attack during battle. I don't remember this stuff being explained anywhere in the introductory chapters..?!

If it is weapons, they probably don't have the required weapon rank to use them.

Bronze = E
Iron = D
Steel = C
Silver = B
Brave = A

And various others. I think touching the weapon will show you its weapon rank.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I haven't done any 2nd gen pair ups except Owain x fsdajlbf to keep the bloodline pure. I didn't even want this tbh. Just wanted it to save for the support log but I saved over BOTH my main file and backup file so I'm stuck with it.

Yarne sucks. Give Boobs to Laurent.

Yeah, he just sits there on the bench. Gonna make Laurent and Noire a Sorcerer pair. Only Yarne, Kjelle, and Nah will be left un paired for children. I could pair one of them up with him, but I don't want to do that to them =P

ohlawd

Can't use those items because
1) Their weapon rank may be too low. (ex. trying to use a Steel Sword when your sword rank is E)
or
2) the class you're in can't even use that weapon (ex. Tactician trying to use a Bronze Lance)

Yeah, he just sits there on the bench. Gonna make Laurent and Noire a Sorcerer pair. Only Yarne, Kjelle, and Nah will be left un paired for children. I could pair one of them up with him, but I don't want to do that to them =P

Laurent and Nah sounds like a serious pair that could work.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Poor Kjelle. Nobody seems to like her.

Well, I do like her. Although of course in several magnitude lesser than the best girl, but still...

It's not her fault that her mother is completely average!

BowieZ

Banned
If it is weapons, they probably don't have the required weapon rank to use them.

Bronze = E
Iron = D
Steel = C
Silver = B
Brave = A

And various others. I think touching the weapon will show you its weapon rank.

Can't use those items because
1) Their weapon rank may be too low. (ex. trying to use a Steel Sword when your sword rank is E)
or
2) the class you're in can't even use that weapon (ex. Tactician trying to use a Bronze Lance)
Ah! Thanks. Going back through the Guide, it seems "9. Help at a Touch" might hold the clue to this.

Also, I think I may have misinterpreted the Pairing Up function. Is there any benefit to pairing everyone up or is that just to "protect" a more injured player, and in the case of pegasi, be able to move an additional protected player freely across lots of terrain types?

ohlawd

Hmm, now you have me curious. I'll go through both supports now and see which one I like better. I'll pair the other one with Celica and her Dual Support+ =3

Laurent x Nah is funny.
Yarne x Nah is meh.

Poor Kjelle. Nobody seems to like her.

Well, I do like her. Although of course in several magnitude lesser than the best girl, but still...

It's not her fault that her mother is completely average!

LB, I am Kjelle's biggest supporter <3

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ah! Thanks. Going back through the Guide, it seems "9. Help at a Touch" might hold the clue to this.

Also, I think I may have misinterpreted the Pairing Up function. Is there any benefit to pairing everyone up or is that just to "protect" a more injured player, and in the case of pegasi, be able to move an additional protected player freely across lots of terrain types?

That, and very significant stat increase on the one in the front, and increased chance of dual attack and dual guard.

That, and also I think many part of this game actually balanced on the pair up mechanic, meaning if you don't do pair up you will be screwed--DLCs, in particular.

LB, I am Kjelle's biggest supporter <3

She's alright :) I like her support with Owain, cute :)

Pairing them up would provide a boost in stats based off who you are pairing them up. This could give them a good boost in speed to double things or not get doubled, strength or magic to take down things better or defense or resistance to tank things. The draw back is having one less unit on the field, so it's up to you to see what's more important. Boosting an unit or having two units for such tasks like blocking the enemy from entering or whatever.

Pairing up does allow you to move around the battlefield faster if you are pairing them up with a horseback or flying unit. As well as protecting an injured unit. There are a lot of uses!

ohlawd

ohlawd confirmed for being captain of the KDF.

Seriously? Alright I'll take it. I'd like to be the captain for CynDF (Cynthia), NahDF (Nah), NoiDF (Noire), LisDF (Lissa), NowDF (Nowi), SayDF (Say'ri), SevDF (Severa), MDF (Maribelle).... oh man this is gonna take forever.

I should just be the captain for every Defense Force that don't have a captain.

Kincaido

Seriously? Alright I'll take it. I'd like to be the captain for CynDF (Cynthia), NahDF (Nah), NoiDF (Noire), LisDF (Lissa), NowDF (Nowi), SayDF (Say'ri), SevDF (Severa), MDF (Maribelle).... oh man this is gonna take forever.

I should just be the captain for every Defense Force that don't have a captain.

Captain of all of those on top of Vice Captain of the CDF. Good résumé. I demand to be Vice Captain of the SayDF and SevDF.

Jintor

Christ, am I ever going to get random map encounters that aren't just way out of my league? Hard mode Chapter 8 and everything that pops up is, like, murder city :<

Should I just grind boxes?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am also rather surprised about how many haters Lissa seems to get.

That bubbly, cheery personality that is brimming with positive energy and happiness, geez what's to hate about her? Love Lissa.

Christ, am I ever going to get random map encounters that aren't just way out of my league? Hard mode Chapter 8 and everything that pops up is, like, murder city :<

It actually depends on the place it appears. So you maybe just unlucky on that regard :p

Not planning to get DLC? Spotpass maps can also be used for training.

TWILT

Banned
I'm still the CherDF (Cherche) captain (with a side of SumDF (Sumia) and ODF (Olivia)).

Should I just grind boxes?

Are you using Pair Up?

You could grind via Spotpass if you don't have the DLC.

ohlawd

Captain of all of those on top of Vice Captain of the CDF. Good résumé. I demand to be Vice Captain of the SayDF and SevDF.

I should pass leadership of SevDF to you. It only seems right since you're the Captain of CDF.

Permitted. Kincaido will be the VC for SayDF.

Random map encounters depend on what spot they spawn on. So Risen spawning on chapter 8 will be harder than spawns on chapter 1.

I am also rather surprised about how many haters Lissa seems to get.

That bubbly, cheery personality that is brimming with positive energy and happiness, geez what's to hate about her? Love Lissa.

Lissa has always been one of my favorites from the start. I don't get the hate for her either.

Jintor

The only spotpass map I have is the Fire Emblem one I think? Oh wait that's DLC. How I use spotpass?

I'm using pair but the unit loss is crippling when your band is smaller :<

HenryxSumia is actually amazing.

Yay, body switching!

Bastards, why is Sumia's child chapter so god damn far. God, I don't want to play any more story chapters.

Kincaido

I should pass leadership of SevDF to you. It only seems right since you're the Captain of CDF.

Permitted. Kincaido will be the VC for SayDF.

I am honored to take both positions.

The only spotpass map I have is the Fire Emblem one I think? Oh wait that's DLC. How I use spotpass?

I'm using pair but the unit loss is crippling when your band is smaller :<

Open wireless and open bonus box. Then open bonus teams. Hopefully you got some of the lower lever ones.

Yessir.

Best Redhead is Cordelia though.

Agreed.

I have no qualms with Walhart in a speedo or whatever.

I welcome it even.
Word. This is the best thing to come out of the Facebook poll.

Though I hope the actually have a full fledged US poll that's not tied to Facebook. I don't even know why they did it before all the characters had been released.

Gregor's a guy. He doesn't count nor do we care :p
I care, and that's what counts to me.

ohlawd

I'll kill you twice!

I don't die when you kill me, bro.

Word. This is the best thing to come out of the Facebook poll.

Though I hope the actually have a full fledged US poll that's not tied to Facebook. I don't even know why they did it before all the characters had been released.

I care, and that's what counts to me.

Doubt they'll bother with an "official" one that isn't Facebook.

Don't worry, I like Gregor too. Big guy with a shit ton of wisdom, what's not to love?

Europe will have to wait like how we all did for all the SpotPass teams.

oh crap lol forgot about the PAL peeps. Sorry guys! I seriously forgot this game just came out for the other territories and they got their own schedule to follow.

Jintor

Doesn't really matter for the purpose of training since they can be respawned infinitely :)

Yeah cept I can't kill this bastard lol. Map's full of Beserkers with silver axes and I'm rocking iron

I don't die when you kill me, bro.

peopledie.jpg

I will say just sending my super trained battle couples to different corners of the map and seeing them murder everything will make having to go through more story missions to get another kid all the worth it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
oh crap lol forgot about the PAL peeps. Sorry guys! I seriously forgot this game just came out for the other territories and they got their own schedule to follow.

For some reason I imagine you trying to contain your laugh at the background as you say this, hahahaha.

Yeah cept I can't kill this bastard lol. Map's full of Beserkers with silver axes and I'm rocking iron [/IMG]

Wowza, never use spotpass maps so I don't know.

You are not interested in getting DLC?

TWILT

Banned
Yessir.

Best Redhead is Cherche though.

Yep.

...I guess she technically has pink hair (otherwise I'd agree with Cordelia), but still!

Yeah cept I can't kill this bastard lol. Map's full of Beserkers with silver axes and I'm rocking iron
Is he the only team available? You best try and fight someone else (preferbly, someone who isn't promoted).

If all else fails, you can still grind on the DLC map (the one with Marth) I guess. Should still be free for you guys.

ohlawd

Top Bottom