• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Lusankya

So, can you tactician -> reclass -> grandmaster, or do you need to do tactician -> reclass -> tactician -> grandmaster?

You have to promote your Avatar at some point, otherwise you can't become a Grandmaster.

But you can do Tactician -> reclass -> promote in new class and reach level 10 promoted -> reclass to Grandmaster.

So to change classes and to be Grandmaster in the end you need at least 2 Second Seals and 1 Master Seal.

See http://serenesforest.net/fe13/classchange.html for details.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Goddamn, I'm kinda paralysed by the decisions. :p I know I probably shouldn't be so hesitant but man, so many choices.

Is there a wiki to show what skills each class gives?

mandiller

You can second seal without any penalties at any level. It's going to calculate it the same way no matter what (adds [level - 1]/2 to your internal level).

I don't quite understand how this works. Most people say you should only second seal at lvl 20 as if you second seal at lvl 10 then you miss out on 10 lvls of extra stats. Is that no how it works?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn, I'm kinda paralysed by the decisions. :p I know I probably shouldn't be so hesitant but man, so many choices.

Is there a wiki to show what skills each class gives?

This has all the skills.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/skills.html

I don't quite understand how this works. Most people say you should only second seal at lvl 20 as if you second seal at lvl 10 then you miss out on 10 lvls of extra stats. Is that no how it works?

You're thinking of a master seal, that works how you described.

NeonZ

The Serenes Forest site has a lot of information and stats about all characters in the game. Don't look at the other pages if you want to avoid character spoilers though.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/skills.html

Edit: Late...!

To make my post less pointless... Apparently, the European version of the game is getting DLC in a different order. They're skipping straight to the "bonds" series maps (Renamed "Scramble pack"), which have many extra support-like map conversations for the main cast with each other. Those maps also are filled with event/shinning titles.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/games/oms/fire-emblem-awakening/connect-addon-content.html

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
You know I am really find it interesting that even now I am currently at work I keep on thinking about this game and how excited I am to continue my journey. This is probably the biggest surprise for me this year because it’s been a long, long time for me to actually be excited about anything coming from Nintendo and recapturing that childhood magic I had with them and Nintendo has done it again. I am very impressed by this because I am getting invested with my characters and army and kind of care in a way to make sure no one dies from my actions and actually enjoying seeing the characters develop along the journey. This is a marvellous achievement and I can see why this game has got so much praise and universal acclaim from across the board. I really do hope this game sells well over here in Pal Land (and the rest of the globe) because as someone who’s been introduced to this masterfully crafted game, I really can’t wait to get more of this and continue playing and relive those feelings during battle of how every action I do can have huge consequences to my crew.

Soulhouf

I wouldn't say it's better. It just depends on what you want to prioritize, and if you want Ignis then Grandmaster first is worth it.

I hate going from promoted classes to base classes, it's all around bad since it lowers your stats across the board (significantly if you do it late) and it hurts your internal level more than if you hit all the base classes you want first.

You don't want a base stat skill for your avatar, do you?

Also, my advise is for normal people who don't grind for skills, but just wish to have an optimal path to go through the game.

Aren't the bonds/scramble maps supposed to be really easy? (they're about dialogue) In that case I guess I can see why they would be released early. Though that said, are some of the conversations with unreleased characters?

Anyway reclassing thoughts. Vaike to Barbarian for Despoil or leave him alone and just hope a Leif Blade eventually drops so I can use (eventually) Mercenary Donny for my money making needs (this route is better long term as Donny has much better luck but more opportunities wouldn't hurt).

You know I am really find it interesting that even now I am currently at work I keep on thinking about this game and how excited I am to continue my journey. This is probably the biggest surprise for me this year because it’s been a long, long time for me to actually be excited about anything coming from Nintendo and recapturing that childhood magic I had with them and Nintendo has done it again. I am very impressed by this because I am getting invested with my characters and army and kind of care in a way to make sure no one dies from my actions and actually enjoying seeing the characters develop along the journey. This is a marvellous achievement and I can see why this game has got so much praise and universal acclaim from across the board. I really do hope this game sells well over here in Pal Land (and the rest of the globe) because as someone who’s been introduced to this masterfully crafted game, I really can’t wait to get more of this and continue playing and relive those feelings during battle of how every action I do can have huge consequences to my crew.
Glad you're enjoying it so much, this is basically a perfect description of my experience with the game as well (back during the US launch period). I've never had so much fun playing a game --- period. It's definitely one of those games that just consumes you when you really get into it, and much like you I was thinking about it constantly while I wasn't able to play it. It's a masterpiece, in my opinion.

Honestly I just loved reading your comment because it brought back all those great feelings I've had with the game.

I'm really glad they're releasing the Scramble/Bond maps early.

I was actually hoping they'd do that in North America too.

Anyway reclassing thoughts. Vaike to Barbarian for Despoil or leave him alone and just hope a Leif Blade eventually drops so I can use (eventually) Mercenary Donny for my money making needs (this route is better long term as Donny has much better luck but more opportunities wouldn't hurt).
I'd personally wait for the Leif's Blade drop, but I'm only saying that because I have two already.

Can't find a Shockstick or Aversa's Night yet though : (

NeonZ

Aren't the bonds/scramble maps supposed to be really easy? (they're about dialogue) In that case I guess I can see why they would be released early. Though that said, are some of the conversations with unreleased characters?

Harvest and Summer have no conversations for the bonus chapter/time locked characters, only the main story cast. Only the final Hot Spring chapter has conversations for them (I guess they added those conversations in the final one based on fan feedback, but originally didn't intend to give them anything).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
You don't want a base stat skill for your avatar, do you?

Also, my advise is for normal people who don't grind for skills, but just wish to have an optimal path to go through the game.

Well, Armsthrift and Vantage both have a lot of utility and can be worth using even over many of the promoted class skills. Especially once you start spending >20000 gold forging weapons or using hard to obtain weapons in the case of Armsthrift.

That's why I specifically recommended that potential reclass. I'd imagine most blind playthoughs will just have the avatar go through Tactician -> Grandmaster and maybe one reclass near the end of the game, but if people are asking for tips they probably want some more diverse options.

What's fun is using Despoil and Leif's Blades on the Golden Gaffe map for even more cash.

I had one Aversa's Night and zero Shocksticks prior to yesterday, then found two of each, and a Hector's Axe, and a Leif's Blade. It was a great day for shiny tiles.

Draxal

That's why I specifically recommended that potential reclass. I'd imagine most blind playthoughs will just have the avatar go through Tactician -> Grandmaster and maybe one reclass near the end of the game, but if people are asking for tips they probably want some more diverse options.

Ayup, although I'd recommend going tactician/peg knight/dark flier for a female main character. You want to get galeforce on her asap to pass off to Morgan.

Oh yeah, sorry if old. Charted number 3 behind Injustice/Bioshock Infinate (its quite funny, its number 3 in all formats or individual formats). Also the FE 3DS XL was 31% of the 3DS XL hardware sold this week.
I'd personally wait for the Leif's Blade drop, but I'm only saying that because I have two already.

Hmm...maybe my tactician will be a mercenary after all (I like the grandmaster skills but I picked luck for a reason; armshift) as 2 second seals (one has Donnys name on it) and no money for more.

Typical, the first drop I got was a Aversa's Night.

I had one Aversa's Night and zero Shocksticks prior to yesterday, then found two of each, and a Hector's Axe, and a Leif's Blade. It was a great day for shiny tiles.

Yikes.

Well, I can at least spam event tiles in Harvest Scramble this Thursday.

I think I have most of the "bonus" items, except for those two, Ephraim's Pike, Tiki's Tear and a couple of others.

MicH

Woohoo! FINALLY got Donnel to level 10 and reclassed him straight away (my first and only Second Seal). He's now a badass Mercenary with a pot on his head! Hell yeah! I gave him a Beast Killer, which I got in one of the villages in the Marth DLC map. That sped everything up a bit and made him OHKO the Pegasus Knights in that map.

Nice! I actually couldn't bring myself to level Donnel, because I found it too slow; I just used him as husband bait for Nowi.

I'm also struggling to level up Olivia. Although I guess it's too late now, since I'm right before the final chapter.

Although, of course, I'll grind her afterwards.

ffdgh

Nice! I actually couldn't bring myself to level Donnel, because I found it too slow; I just used him as husband bait for Nowi.

I'm also struggling to level up Olivia. Although I guess it's too late now, since I'm right before the final chapter.

Although, of course, I'll grind her afterwards.

Dance like crazy and go either thief>assassin or pegasus knight > dark flyer for galeforce.

Draxal

Only if they keep the awesomeness (the game hating you in every form and way) of FE5.

Yeah, remaking 5 is going in that manner is going to turn off alot of people. Part of the reason Awakening is kinda easy is that they give you a broken Chrom and MC in the beginning of the game.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Dance like crazy and go either thief>assassin or pegasus knight > dark flyer for galeforce.

My Olivia has Swordfaire, Galeforce, Pass, Astra, and Special Dance. Given the last skill it's obvious that she's a dancer, but it works really well since she's fairly capable of killing enemies, swordfaire and astra help with that.

So taking advantage of that plus the boots I put on her, she can cover a pretty big distance by moving, killing a unit, then moving again in order to dance for a distant unit. Even if enemies are in the way, thanks to pass.

Yeah, remaking 5 is going in that manner is going to turn off alot of people. Part of the reason Awakening is kinda easy is that they give you a broken Chrom and MC in the beginning of the game.

Chrom sucked in my first playthrough so hard that I still hold it against him. He was RNG screwed the entire playthrough. "My strength comes from diligence." God(s), I swear I saw that quote over 30 times.

ffdgh

Well now I didn't remember...know olivia could become a sword master...Time to take a trip to the lost bloodlines 3 map to quick grind.

pringles

What the hell, summoned a spotpass team to fight against, but risen spawned on the same map and suddenly the spotpass team were my allies and killed off all the risen before I had a chance to attack. Stage complete, zero XP gained. Da fuck?

ffdgh

Lissa's robin's and sully's kids should be possible withot too much trouble. Everyone after them? lol nope especially Olivia's.

Chrom

Actually, I forgot about my idea that we could likely see the Scramble Pack alongside Roster Rescue. I guess that's cool, then. Hopefully it's true.

Sendou

I'm praying for the Bonds DLC to come out this week for us.

Is it good :p I just now actually checked out what the DLC offered.

Can you just keep doing money, exp and rare weapons DLC's for easy grinding? I mean is that the point in those? Is there any value other than?

Tenck

Can you just keep doing money, exp and rare weapons DLC's for easy grinding? I mean is that the point in those? Is there any value other than?

Yeah you can do them over an over again. I did it for two of my characters to catch up to my level.

ffdgh

All 3 yeah. Infinite regalia requires your units to be leveled quite a bit before you attempt it to get the weapons and silver card for half price off all items.

ramyeon

This is a noob question but it wasn't explained... How do you class change? I have several units over level 10 but can't find any way to do it. I'm at chapter 7 if that means anything.

Tenck

This is a noob question but it wasn't explained... How do you class change? I have several units over level 10 but can't find any way to do it. I'm at chapter 7 if that means anything.

Second Seals or Master Seals. can be bought from the Secret shops or can be gained through chests or rewards by completing side objectives.

Leezard

You can second seal without any penalties at any level. It's going to calculate it the same way no matter what (adds [level - 1]/2 to your internal level). And if you're going magic heavy Dark Mage is a decent choice so you can have another dark magic user early, but you will want to hit Sage for sure for Tomefaire. Dark Mage skills are kind of lame, so you might consider going Tactician -> Mage -> Sage -> Sorcerer. Maybe others too depending on how much skill grinding you intend to do.

Cavalier is good for Chrom since he can use Discipline to build his weapon levels, and promote to Paladin for Aegis which is probably his best non-Lord skill. Archer class tree is useless for him, and unless you want Dual Guard+ there's not much point in going to Great Knight either.

You can only promote to specific classes from each base class. Grandmaster is exclusive to Tactician. If you're level 10 in a promoted class you can reclass to promoted class too, though.

For the classes I posted above, I'd go something like Tactician -> reclass to Mercenary -> promote to Hero -> reclass to Grandmaster.

You have to promote your Avatar at some point, otherwise you can't become a Grandmaster.

But you can do Tactician -> reclass -> promote in new class and reach level 10 promoted -> reclass to Grandmaster.

So to change classes and to be Grandmaster in the end you need at least 2 Second Seals and 1 Master Seal.

See http://serenesforest.net/fe13/classchange.html for details.

I see, thanks.

ramyeon

Second Seals or Master Seals. can be bought from the Secret shops or can be gained through chests or rewards by completing side objectives.
Oh okay, so apparently I can't buy these yet but when I can they're really expensive. What's a good way to get money? Not the DLC quest for grinding money since that's not out here yet... I only have about 9000 gold so far from everything I've done :/

Tenck

Oh okay, so apparently I can't buy these yet but when I can they're really expensive. What's a good way to get money? Not the DLC quest for grinding money since that's not out here yet... I only have about 9000 gold so far from everything I've done :/

You can sell stuff from your Convoy. Just make sure to get stuff you need and give it to your units.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Collecting bullions and selling them is basically the only way to make money in this game. You can usually get 2 or more from Risen spawns on the map, and some from treasure chests and enemies during story maps.

For a standard start to finish playthrough you should find enough money to get your primary units promoted and reclassed, but if you want to do a lot of skill grinding and stuff the Golden Gaffe DLC will be almost mandatory.

You can also use the despoil skill a few people have access to (it's from the Barbarian class) which gives you a luck% chance of getting a bullion(s) when they kill a unit. Same with a Leif's Blade, it gives the same effect.

Top Bottom