• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

ramyeon

Fem av or male av?

Fem av caster the big skills are galeforce/armsthrift/tomefaire/(ignis/sol). Male av can't get galeforce but you'll replace it with aggressor. The fifth's slot is going to be for limitbreaker when it eventually comes out.

Gettign galeforce on a fem av is a priority so you can pass that skill to Morgan.
Male avatar. What class gives aggressor? Sorry I'm new to this!

You don't need to reclass back to Tactician to go from Hero to Grandmaster. You have access to Grandmaster as a Hero once you reach Level 10.
Oh great thanks a lot :)

Draxal

I'm really salty that Cherche and ... thus
Gerome
don't have access to Peg Knight Tree. They would be really great units if hey had it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah, femav.

You using DLC?

Because if you do I'd actually recommend going to Merc --> Hero --> Dark Flier --> Final as Sorcerer.

Meaning in terms of priority, I would actually recommend Armsthrift + Sol > Galeforce, considering those two will give you much more use than Galeforce, since they can proc during enemy's phase, unlike Galeforce.

Bookmark your post and drop it here every time someone asks that question :p

Hmmm........

I'm really salty that Cherche and ... thus
Gerome
don't have access to Peg Knight Tree. They would be really great units if hey had it.
The still are.

Galeforce isn't the end all, be all. It's a really good skill, too good actually. It's pretty broken.

ohlawd

So what's the req for riding a Pegasus?

Female and a pure heart?

snap then Cherche must be.........

TAINTED. Oh the horror. The deception! The betrayal!

TWILT

Banned
Psh, Cherche and my son Gerome don't need Galeforce to be awesome. They're both always great units in all my playthroughs.

Draxal

You using DLC?

Because if you do I'd actually recommend going to Merc --> Hero --> Dark Flier --> Final as Sorcerer.

Meaning in terms of priority, I would actually recommend Armsthrift + Sol > Galeforce, considering those two will give you much more use than Galeforce, since they can proc during enemy's phase, unlike Galeforce.

Reason you go Galeforce first, is so you can pass it off to Morgan earlier in the game.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The still are.

Galeforce isn't the end all, be all. It's a really good skill, too good actually. It's pretty broken.

Well, it won't be too much use in I think in end-of-things DLC since I really doubt there's anything in there that anyone can kill in one shot, so skills that can activate during enemy's phase might be lot more useful by then.

Reason you go Galeforce first, is so you can pass it off to Morgan earlier in the game.

Well, when to get Morgan is relative though; you can get him/her as early as possible or you can get him/her much later. Anyways, hmm, yeah, although I can also see your point. Also note I asked him if he use DLC or not :)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You using DLC?

Hmmm........

No dlc. Do I need it to go that route?

I would like to go grandmaster first though before going to another class

Draxal

Well, it won't be too much use in I think in end-of-things DLC since I really doubt there's anything in there that anyone can kill in one shot, so skills that can activate during enemy's phase might be lot more useful by then.

So far, my units easily one shot the challenge maps so far.

It's still very much a good skill since it's perfect for hit and run.

Say you need 2 unit chars to kill an enemy unit.

First unit attack hits unit. Ends that units turn. Second unit with galeforce attacks, kills that unit. Galeforce activates. Retreat that unit, use rescue staff on the first unit ending that unit's turn.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
No dlc. Do I need it to go that route?

I would like to go grandmaster first though before going to another class

Ahh I see. Well if you don't intend to use DLC then it is up to you whether to get Galeforce or Armsthrift/Sol first. Draxal is correct that Male Morgan can't get Galeforce so if you are considering in using him, then getting Galeforce first may be a lot wiser.

I've seen things.

So far, my units easily one shot the challenge maps so far.

It's still very much a good skill since it's perfect for hit and run.

Say you need 2 unit chars to kill an enemy unit.

First unit attack hits unit. Ends that units turn. Second unit with galeforce attacks, kills that unit. Galeforce activates. Retreat that unit, use rescue staff on the first unit ending that unit's turn.

Hmm, still, I doubt in Lunatic the-end-of-things-DLCs the enemies will give you a lot of leeway using Galeforce. Eehh, not that I don't think Galeforce is a fantastic skill, mind you :)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
People saying she's a Maid just because she can sew and do laundry? :p What, they forget about that large dragon of hers along with that shiny big axe?

She's great though, definitely one of the best females.

Alright folks, I need a confirmation. I was grinding mindlessly for about 6 hrs and when I was going to switch to Lissa, I noticed that she wasn't in my party any more. I can't remember if I got her killed right before I started grinding. Anyway I just ignored it because I wasn't willing to go waste 6 hrs for Lissa but then I see she is still in the campaign talking to chrom and friends. I thought she died!

Does that mean she's just unavailable to use for a period of time or even if main characters die, they can still be in the story? I'm on like chapter 21.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Gotta prepare for dat Anna.

mEOrLwf.png

Alright folks, I need a confirmation. I was grinding mindlessly for about 6 hrs and when I was going to switch to Lissa, I noticed that she wasn't in my party any more. I can't remember if I got her killed right before I started grinding. Anyway I just ignored it because I wasn't willing to go waste 6 hrs for Lissa but then I see she is still in the campaign talking to chrom and friends. I thought she died!

Does that mean she's just unavailable to use for a period of time or even if main characters die, they can still be in the story? I'm on like chapter 21.

None of the potential mothers actually die, they just retire and are unusable for the rest of the playthrough.

ohlawd

They can still be in the story. Just can't use in battles anymore and oh that's forever.

Well I guess Owain won't be using Galeforce lol. Thanks for the answer. I think what happened was I thought I soft reset the game but didn't and saved over my file.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
None of the potential mothers actually die, they just retire and are unusable for the rest of the playthrough.

Huh?

It's not that Lissa is a potential mother, but because she is an important character to the plot that appears in various cutscenes so that she 'retire' instead of 'dead'.

People like Sully, Cherche, Olivia, or Maribelle can be as dead as anyone else.

What class is that?

Also wtf 99hp and 232 hit, and 137 avoid. Just what the fuck.

It's called Strongest One's Name for a very good reason.

Huh?

It's not that Lissa is a potential mother, but because she is an important character to the plot that appears in various cutscenes so that she 'retire' instead of 'dead'.

People like Sully, Sumia, Cherche, Olivia, or Maribelle can be as dead as anyone else.

Nope, get them killed yourself and see. They'll always say something like "sorry but I can't die here, I have to retreat."

Huh?

People like Sully, Cherche, Olivia, or Maribelle can be as dead as anyone else.

The mothers' 'death' quotes are basically saying they are retreating instead of falling dead right on the spot.

Top Bottom