• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Cynthia with white hair doesn't look all that bad. I can get behind having Henry as her father.

I was also amused that the boss in her paralouge literally ran away when I sent Chrom up towards him.

Solune

Seriously. I would've been fine with one less female if he had fucking Aether. That's the trademark skill of your ancestor mayne!
He's not a Rightful King it appears.
Love makes the world go round.

It's actually money.

image.php

pariah164

I wish I could make my Anna into something more useful this time around. She was too weak my first time around and I didn't use her. :T

Gotta prepare for dat Anna.

mEOrLwf.png

I was totally prepared to marry Anna going into the game, but after a few supports I realized I wasn't getting Anna, the RNG Goddess, or even Anna, the Ballistician's globetrotting girlfriend, but Anna the Secret Shop proprietor. I signed up for this Anna, the Goddess.

wait... when was the last time we had an FE with no ballistas?

Started a concurrent replaythrough of Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem Awakening.

Avatar's name is Pit, and will be making his final class be Sniper.

Edit: Holy shoot I'm a member now aww yiss

You can make him an Assassin so he can use swords too.

Ok, beginner question: how do I get to the dlc? This morning I had a spotpass notification about the first badge of dlc and the freebie. It launches me into the game, where I don't see the option to buy it.
I also tried the eshop, which lists the dlc, but I get the advise to launch the software to get it.
Do I miss something here? I'm in chapter 3 if this has anything to do with it...

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Ok, beginner question: how do I get to the dlc? This morning I had a spotpass notification about the first badge of dlc and the freebie. It launches me into the game, where I don't see the option to buy it.
I also tried the eshop, which lists the dlc, but I get the advise to launch the software to get it.
Do I miss something here? I'm in chapter 3 if this has anything to do with it...

Beat chapter 4 then the Outrealm Gate opens. Can download and play DLC there.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Anybody here getting this? If they release the English version I will get it with all the force in a 10 Richter Earthquake. I very much doubt it though :(

Fire Emblem Awakening Drama CD released on April 24th for 3000 yen:

001.jpg

Description:

It's been a year since the game was released in Japan. We're proud to announce the Fire Emblem: Awakening Drama CD!

Days after Prince Chrom's wedding, a battle of love over Robin breaks out! What final words did Queen Emmeryn leave behind? Just when peace has seemingly returned to Ylisse, the shadows of the Risen spring anew...

The game's story, which recounts the fate and bonds that intertwine Chrom, Robin and their companions, will at last be told in Drama CD form!

Content list:

1. The Prince's Wedding
2. Dark Clouds
3. Friends' Return
4. Girl Talk
5. Frederick's Omen, Anna's Conception
6. Top Secret Mission
7. The Performer's Sweetheart!?
8. The Exalt's Letter
9. Battle of Ylisse
10. What I want to tell my true self

Featuring Chrom, Robin, Lissa, Emmeryn, Frederick, Lon'qu, Gaius, Cordelia, Nowi, Tharja, Anna and others.

Moonlight

Banned
Holy shit, I need this in my life.
So, wait, FeMU and Chrom is being treated as canon
?
Stay free, Sumia/Chrom shippers

Also, '
Anna's Conception
', I need to know what that means!

EDIT: Oh, wow, I guess I misread it. Never mind that first part, I guess.

Doesn't look like Sumia is mentioned, though.

That's M!MU in the cover, so no MU/Chrom shipping in there.

Days after Prince Chrom's wedding,
a battle of love over Robin breaks out!

That is so Tharja's time to shine as the crazy yandere she is.

I wonder who they'll pair Chrom with, most likely Sumia? It'd be amusing if it wasn't her.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Holy shit, I need this in my life.
So, wait, FeMU and Chrom is being treated as canon
?
Stay free, Sumia/Chrom shippers

Also, '
Anna's Conception
', I need to know what that means!

EDIT: Oh, wow, I guess I misread it.

Doesn't look like Sumia is mentioned, though.

No, this is actually for the Male Avatar version.

Also, SolarKnight, might want to spoiler that since the 1st part of that sentence is a story spoiler :p

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
:///////

So jelly ://///////

You owe us to translate stuff in it Kin >:)

Sorry, I'm a lazy guy. I never translate anything unless it benefits me and if I'm bored :x

Someone at Serenes will probably translate them though.

Edit: Oh, it does have Cordelia. Buying for sure now.

Moonlight

Banned
Curse you! I need to know who wins this battle!
Of love!

Ah, well. Serene's Forest is bound to have a translated script a few weeks after this drops.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
For some reason I've never had the slightest interest in drama CDs; perhaps I need to attach a visual to it.

ramyeon

The paralogues to get the kids are such a spike in difficulty. Crazy.

And I think I hooked Cordelia up with the wrong person (Frederick) :( Severa's hair looked so much better red.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I wouldn't say bland; some of her supports are hilarious. Plus, she has amnesia at the start of the game, so as it was said in Doctor Who:

"WHO ARE YOU?!"

"I DON'T KNOOOOOW!"

Oh I know, I enjoyed her support with virion, but she lacks a certain joie de vivre.

I wouldn't say bland; some of her supports are hilarious. Plus, she has amnesia at the start of the game, so as it was said in Doctor Who:

"WHO ARE YOU?!"

"I DON'T KNOOOOOW!"
Yeah, Female Robin's supports with Tiki really show off her more playful side (they follow a similar theme to her supports with Male Robin, but Female Robin's version is much funnier). Her supports with Nah are also pretty great (and completely different from Male Robin's supports with her). Granted, in the latter case, I suppose it's more Nah that carries it than her, but still.

yeah easily.

This isn't Final Fantasy Tactics.

It is straightforward as heck.

Select Unit 1, move them, attack an enemy if they're within range
Select Unit 2, move them, attack an enemy if they're within range
All your party members have finished acting.

It's the enemy's turn.
Enemy 1 moves, attacks if possible
Enemy 2 moves, attacks if possible.
All enemy units have finished acting.

Back to your team. REPEAT.

And as ffdgh, we're here to help and discuss waifus.

Thanks everyone - Sounds straightforward enough. I assume the basic mechanics of play are influenced by things like character class and attributes, weaponry etc. I've now gone from worrying about my purchase to worrying about this game occupying too much of my time! Sounds like the type of game that gets its hooks into you and burns your time!

one_kill

I'm having troubles deciding who to match Tharja with. I was going to go for Gregor, but the gap in age is apparent.

Anyway my avatar married Cordelia. She's the best waifu. Love the convo about javelins, hahaha.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Is it worth playing the DLC and would doing so break the actual main game?

McNum

Thanks everyone - Sounds straightforward enough. I assume the basic mechanics of play are influenced by things like character class and attributes, weaponry etc. I've now gone from worrying about my purchase to worrying about this game occupying too much of my time! Sounds like the type of game that gets its hooks into you and burns your time!
Yeah, pretty much. and the numbers are kept nice and small, mostly, making it easy to do some mental calculations, even through the game is nice and up front about its numbers most of the time. You can even cancel out of a move or an attack before committing to it, so if you can see your guy would be killed, you can back off before the battle. As Fire emblems go, this one is pretty friendly. By which I mean the UI and such is awesome, but the AI still hates you. Oh, yes, give it an opening and watch it gleefully dogpile your healer...

Nohar

Yeah, pretty much. and the numbers are kept nice and small, mostly, making it easy to do some mental calculations, even through the game is nice and up front about its numbers most of the time. You can even cancel out of a move or an attack before committing to it, so if you can see your guy would be killed, you can back off before the battle. As Fire emblems go, this one is pretty friendly. By which I mean the UI and such is awesome, but the AI still hates you. Oh, yes, give it an opening and watch it gleefully dogpile your healer...

Actually, the AI is not that bright sometimes. It has a tendency to focus on my Lucina (full life and insane avoid score), whereas my Sully is already wounded, closer to them, and won't double-attack them. The only logical explanation I have for this is that the AI focuses the characters with the lower DEF/RES stat.

Yarne x Nah's supports are awesome. :D

Is it worth playing the DLC and would doing so break the actual main game?
Depends how much you do. If you do any repeatable fights a lot you'll be overpowered for the main campaign. If you're worried, just do them after you finish the main story.

The DLC is pretty awesome though, especially the second wave of it. You get some pretty awesome bonuses too.

McNum

Actually, the AI is not that bright sometimes. It has a tendency to focus on my Lucina (full life and insane avoid score), whereas my Sully is already wounded, closer to them, and won't double-attack them. The only logical explanation I have for this is that the AI focuses the characters with the lower DEF/RES stat.
I think I know the AI's routine. It has priorities.

1. Can I theoretically cause a Game Over? Odds don't matter.
So if Chrom is at 21 HP and you have three enemies with a 20% chance of doing 7 damage each, they WILL go for it.

If you have to defend a spot, don't know if there's a mission like that in this game, any enemy will rush it if they can.

2. Can I kill someone? Odds don't matter.
Same as above.

3. Can I hit someone that can't hit me?
Fairly sane plan, really. Haven't checked if you can abuse it by unequipping a high defense character's weapon like you could in Path of Radiance.

4. Who can I hurt the most?
If all else fails... hurt someone. Amusingly if the most damage an enemy can do is still 0 damage, it will do it. This, by the way, makes it more likely for the AI to target a Myrmidon than a Knight. Even if the Myrmidon is much harder to hit.

5. Can't hurt anyone? Move or stay put.
Depending on if the enemy is mobile or not. Risen will rush, other units may or may not.

There are some enemies ere and there with special coding, like thieves, enemies that run away, or need to talk to Chrom or something like that, but that's pretty much it. Avoiding danger isn't part of the AI, mostly. It's extremely reckless. And spiteful. It doesn't play to WIN, it plays to make you LOSE.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I just noticed that Brides have the worst time maxing out weapon proficiency because of bows and staves.
I've got a ways to go to make my beautiful bride brigade.

Top Bottom