• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Alright, good to know, because I kept thinking "Bullshit!" when I was playing. :p

Also, regarding spotpass teams, how does it actually work?

Choose who you like, they'll be summoned onto the World Map, and you have the same options as a StreetPass encounter, see stats, fight, hire, buy items or dismiss.

They can be summoned as many times as you want.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Choose who you like, they'll be summoned onto the World Map, and you have the same options as a StreetPass encounter, see stats, fight, hire, buy items or dismiss.

I don't even know how to access them actually. :p

I go to the wireless options but see no mention of them.

Turok_TTZ

if ya wanna build renown, grinding spotpass works best. bonus since fighting spotpass peeps can also help grind supports.

Jintor

Wireless --> bonus box --> update data if necessary --> Summon Florina and whale on her and her team over and over again to grind supports

Turok_TTZ

currently on a infinite regalia grind.
two lunas and the hauteclere.

which rng god did I piss off to get two of the same? at least this time I scored me some good stuff.

Turok_TTZ

Henry is pretty awesome.

Just thought everyone should know.
he is awesome, I agree. he has some of the funniest supports around.

edit: out of 10 or so runs I got 6 vengeance axes, 3 yewfelle, 3 gungnir, 4 goetia, 3 valflame, 4 bolt axes, 4 luna spears. not all of them but im counting what shows up too often. if amatsu is rare I managef to get 1. is there rates to what I am getting or is it randomized? I refuse to believe its random.

Raw64life

Just beat this game after 42 hours. Was my first Fire Emblem game and while it put my OCD to the test and I played it at a snail's pace, I still loved it overall. Was expecting more from the ending, but it definitely made me a believer and I'll be looking out for more Fire Emblem games now.

Chrom

Hey guys, I have a question.

My friend just told me that he lost the Exalted Falchion. He gave it to a Marth, who then died, and all of his items disappeared along with him.

Uh...is my friend forever stuck without it?

My friend just told me that he lost the Exalted Falchion. He gave it to a Marth, who then died, and all of his items disappeared along with him.

Probably.

It's really the same as losing a legendary weapon or whatever when someone dies. Just that this is probably something the game devs never thought could happen.

Turok_TTZ

did he check convoy? if not there..... ouch that must suck. cant say for sure. no one dies on my watch so I never found out what happens to the items that belong to the deceased. hes probably screwed.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Decided to do a quick Infinite Regalia run because of Turok and got a Book of Naga lol. Sweet.

Not in the convoy?

Chrom

I really wonder, though. If you can lose the Exalted Falchion like this, what would have happened with the regular Falchion if you tried to upgrade it in the story without actually having it?

Anteo

He said it's not in the convoy.

I didn't check the convoy, but using Optimize on Chrom in the Inventory screen gives him the Falchion back. (I killed Marth)

Edit: Checked again (Killed him with both Falchion). Must be a very rare glitch, both Exalted and Parallel Falchion are in the convoy.

OmegaZero

Well, Kincaido's got the CDF which is probably the largest force for now. You should totally go for Nowi. <_<

Tharja is the correct answer.

Lon'Qu/Miriel.

Virion and Libra. Do it now.

And Robin and Gregor....and alot of the kids...

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121025234513/fireemblem/images/3/3f/Anna_FE13_Artwork.png

Anna, son.
Tiki
is acceptable, as well.

...why are all my favourite characters the ones with the least supports. :(

All of them. But start with Cordelia. :U

Alright, thanks for the couples suggestions, guys!
As for Avatar's waifu, still deciding. Anna and Tharja's support convos sound like they would be hilarious.
Cordelia seems to have her advantages as well judging from previous posts. @_@

Kincaido

I really wonder, though. If you can lose the Exalted Falchion like this, what would have happened with the regular Falchion if you tried to upgrade it in the story without actually having it?

I think I actually have a save before I get the Exalted Falchion. I might test this out around the weekend.

The Harvest one right? I downloaded it already but haven't played it yet, time to change that!

Yeah. They're the only two who don't have an actual support in the main game that get one during the first Harvest DLC.

Alright, thanks for the couples suggestions, guys!
As for Avatar's waifu, still deciding. Anna and Tharja's support convos sound like they would be hilarious.
Cordelia seems to have her advantages as well judging from previous posts. @_@

And, here's the benefit of unlimited supports. Raise the supports of the possible candidates and choose your favorite to S-rank!

It could be a less gross version of The Bachelor.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
how do guys handle an infinite regalia map run? I just found out a spotpass jaffar with ragnell can solo the map by himself with properly equipped skills... oh great yet another goetia... yewfelle... gae bolg for the combo break... :(

I wanna cry.

Out of curiosity, which weps are you looking for? One of each?

Also, I was a bit sad when Scramble hit before Despair, but the convos have definitely grown on me.

Kjelle/Severa or Severa/Noire has been the best so far. I actually kind of like the 3 turn wait that kind of better exemplifies a back and forth series of events.

Having those low level Risen with Miracle/Counter is kind of a dick move for a map that's supposed to be low level, tho.

Turok_TTZ

I didn't check the convoy, but using Optimize on Chrom in the Inventory screen gives him the Falchion back. (I killed Marth)

Edit: Checked again (Killed him with both Falchion). Must be a very rare glitch, both Exalted and Parallel Falchion are in the convoy.
actually if im not mistaken, falchion always ends up in convey. I recall killing off tiki to get nagi in shadow dragon and falchion ended up in convey as well. guess that carried over to awakening.

ffdgh

Hmm I need more of that throwing lance that increases strength.

Side note.....I hate when I get all those bows since I have like 2 A rank bow users lol.

Ohhh poor poor Inigo... I took him to Smash Brethren 2 and discovered he could chat with Mia.
She was killed by Karel shortly after agreeing to a date with him ;_;

Chrom

Apparently the realization that Falchion was lost in battle was only made during battle and not after the map was cleared. He's telling me they always come back once you complete the map, in the convoy.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hmm I need more of that throwing lance that increases strength.

Side note.....I hate when I get all those bows since I have like 2 A rank bow users lol.

Bows are honestly relatively sucky in this game due to the way the maps seems to play out and the amount of enemies that automatically target you since you can't counterattack.

Only Nidhogg, Double Bow, and maybe Yewfelle are worth it, but not being able to counterattack is just so limiting, especially when all of the other 'Regalia' level weapon classes have an option with a 1-2 attack range and a stat booster.

Ohhh poor poor Inigo...

He has a decent one on Rogues 3 with Ursula as well, lol.

TWILT

Banned
Ohhh poor poor Inigo... I took him to Smash Brethren 2 and discovered he could chat with Mia.
She was killed by Karel shortly after agreeing to a date with him ;_;

Tsk tsk. You don't let Mia die. :mad:

really? all I need is excalibur to complete my tome set. but I keep getting valflames and goetias :(.

why is ragnell so hard to get?!

Yeah I only got like....2 Ragnells out of the 30 times I played Infinite Reg. On the other hand, the game loves giving me Double Bows and Tyrfings.

Kincaido

really? all I need is excalibur to complete my tome set. but I keep getting valflames and goetias :(.

why is ragnell so hard to get?!

I actually just got an extra Excalibur lol. Dat RNG. Only got one Ragnell from it. I'd like another one though.

Turok_TTZ

Yeah I only got like....2 Ragnells out of the 30 times I played Infinite Reg. On the other hand, the game loves giving me Double Bows and Tyrfings.
least ur game gives u tyrfing. my game loves giving me bolt axes and vengeance axes the most.

Its funny I posted that pic of micaiah with those tomes because she will probably never use any of them. I have her dead set on a forged aversa's night. that with sol delivers max results.

edit: just got excalibur. haha my tome set is complete... ...GIVE ME RAGNELL ALREADY DAMNIT!!

Ok, Maribelle is perfectly fine to be Chrom's wife now.

No, I DON'T! Did someone kidnap our daughter and...and...and ENLARGE her?!

Top Bottom