• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Turok_TTZ

Ok, Maribelle is perfectly fine to be Chrom's wife now.

No, I DON'T! Did someone kidnap our daughter and...and...and ENLARGE her?!
imo chrom x maribelle or olivia seems so right vs sumia. even sully lol. not sure what to say about chrom x cordelia if it were possible.

iavi

Lon Qu and Panne seem to be a pretty good pairing.

Chrom and Sumia just seemed like it was written to be. The Avatar and Cordelia seem to be also.

iavi

CordeliaXFrederick imo. The S rank is hiliarous.

Too similar, imo--personality wise. I like to pair characters that pull each other different ways, though; Chrom and Sumia don't really fit that. Sumia's just kind of there to be Chrom's waifu, and boring as hell for it.

The best Cordelia support is the one with Kellam. Well, in my opinion anyways.

R.I.P Kellam :(

He went for a greater cause

Anteo

Too similar, imo--personality wise. I like to pair characters that pull each other different ways, though; Chrom and Sumia don't really fit that. Sumia's just kind of there to be Chrom's waifu, and boring as hell for it.

R.I.P Kellam :(

I need to check CordeliaXKellam. Man Im missing like 80% of the supports on this game

Turok_TTZ

chrom x sumia seems so forced to me. which is unfortunate since I actually like sumia. their support convos really kill it for me. chrom x olivia is funny as hell, x sully and maribelle goes into childhood memories, hell even female avatar x chrom is better, especislly when game drives home how close the two are. x sumia is about PIES. PIES ,PIES , PIES!

meanwhile finally got dat ragnell.

now i can train priam!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Don't tell me I am the only guy here amongst Fire Emblem Awakening GAF that collect supports.

Man it's already taken me around 220 hours to get them. I think I will forget collecting the generic ones though; only the unique ones already getting me this long *phew*

Funny thing is, I always need extra motivations and to push myself more to collect Avatar x Non-Female characters >___>

Don't tell me I am the only guy here amongst Fire Emblem Awakening GAF that collect supports.

Man it's already taken me around 220 hours to get them. I think I will forget collecting the generic ones though; only the unique ones already getting me this long *phew*

Funny thing is, I always need extra motivations and to push myself more to collect Avatar x Non-Female characters >___>

I'm not calling my current run EVERY SUPPORT EVER MALE EDITION for nothing.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm not calling my current run EVERY SUPPORT EVER MALE EDITION for nothing.

It's hard/annoying for me to do since well, the one I prefer the most has the best scene ever exclusive to her around 4 chapters before the game allows recruitment of the spotpass paralogue characters.

No, I'm collecting them too. (Except for all the 1st gen S supports, I already missed the chance to grind them all, and I'm not doing another playthrough anytime soon.)

The supports are one of my favorite aspects of the series.

Can you divorce characters?
*looks at his sham marriage with Cordelia*

Sadly, no.

Turok_TTZ

my 50k renown says otherwise. i too am in the middle of collecting supports. already got priam support for male robin. in my current playthrough i intend to get as much support as possible. but i need to train them first before i can spotpass away. they needs their limit breaks!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Very good to have fellow support collectors :)

Now since the last (not best) character has arrived, it's time to wrap up the Male Avatar support collection. I am also 100%-ing supports for the children characters, although Lucina x Inigo must wait on future walkthrough since in my current file Chrom x Olivia.

Speaking of renown, man, 220 hours in and my renown is still 700, hahaha.

Good. Follow your heart.

To be honest I am a bit surprised myself about how fond I am towards characters like Lucina or Female Morgan. Yes they're not real people, but still.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

The only thing stopping me from grinding all of the supports out is that most of the kid/parent supports have little to no real variation.

I know that time is kind of...pre-ordained in this instance of the 'ruined' timeline, but it still seems kind of weird for Noire telling the Avatar that Tharja ran around cursing him when he tried to protect his daughter, given Tharja's obsession with him, or for Severa to complain to any of her dads about the money/buying stuff plotline.

Some of the kids' stories are made more odd by some of the crazy stuff that occurs plot-wise regarding hints of what happens to some of the more plot-relevant characters in the future. Especially (PLOT SPOILAH that I'll still keep as vague as possible)
the events regarding the Avatar and his/her past, yet still being around for his/her kid long enough for them to have significant memories of him/her

Obviously, I know that such differentiation in writing all those individual supports out would be horrendously time and resource consuming, and that I'm being a bit silly, but I think there's not quite enough variance.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I have all the Male Avatar supports except for marriage to
Emmeryn and Aversa.

Really don't feel like getting all the children ones since they're mostly the same. Maybe one day.

Currently I'm trying to do all of Chrom's and Sumia's marriage/parent supports since I can then pair them up in my future EVERY SUPPORT EVER FEMALE EDITION run and not worry about them ever again.

Of course, the game has to make it difficult, as besides the being past chapter 13 thing, I also have to pair up Lissa at the very least to even get to Sumia's child paralogue. And now I got I either gotta reach Chapter 16, pair up Olivia or the Avatar to get to Maribelle's child paralogue. :E

Jesus fucking christ, you can deploy 30 units for the last spotpass map? I barely even have like half the amount of viable units D:

Some of the kids' stories are made more odd by some of the crazy stuff that occurs plot-wise regarding hints of what happens to some of the more plot-relevant characters in the future. Especially (PLOT SPOILAH that I'll still keep as vague as possible)
the events regarding the Avatar and his/her past, yet still being around for his/her kid long enough for them to have significant memories of him/her

I don't think it's that odd, really. I always assumed that
the different events of this timeline made it so that the events for Grima's awakenin happened much earlier than they would've had Lucina and the kids not interfered. Otherwise everyone would've had a couple of happy years with their kids before the apocalypse.

zoukka

Hmm my first FE and I started it on hard. How different is the easy setting? I get one hit killed quite often and I've done some soft resets because I just can't lose some important characters this early (first side mission).

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
something is amiss in this text. i had 25k within 220 hours, how are u doing supports? if ur not fighting spotpass teams to build support, yer doing it wrong.

Never touch spotpass teams at all.

Around 90% of them I collect using the EXPonential map. Huh..., maybe I should change that, hahaha.

Boken

Banned
So is the game too easy on novice or should I just ram through hard?

If this is your first fire emblem, hard might be difficult. Though I think that might make it more rewarding for you (or not)

People do say novice is easy, but thats because we're all seasoned FE players here.

OceanBlue

If this is your first fire emblem, hard might be difficult. Though I think that might make it more rewarding for you (or not)

People do say novice is easy, but thats because we're all seasoned FE players here.

Some of the new players in the other thread were saying that normal became really easy too. Of course, everyone is different so maybe he would find it too difficult. I'd imagine that with new players, the difficult part is getting past the first third or half of Hard.

I was too impatient to do the last Paralogue the traditional way, so I just let Chrom and Robin solo it. :D

My army is now finally complete.
strong, and ready to rock/build meaningful relationships. Oh, and
Priam's
voice? Yes please.

Also, the Scramble pack? BOUGHT WITH A RAGING THUNDER.

OceanBlue

The best Fire Emblem fan-art I've seen. A little spoiler about Marth.

Click here.

So lovely <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Aww, that's really cute. I'm sure there's a lot of really adorable fanart of Fire Emblem like this. I wonder why I don't seek them out considering how I've become attached to the characters and how I jumped at the Scramble pack, lol.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh man, owain is hot-bloodedness embodied.

Anybody know if it's possible to reassign another skill to him from a parent?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So is the game too easy on novice or should I just ram through hard?

First time player here. I chose normal and classic and after 5-6 missions it feels about right for me.

Is there a good time to play the maps bought on the E Shops?

(the Summer Vacation thing)

The vacations DLC is full of lv5 monsters so you can play it pretty much whenever really, although some enemies do have a tricky skill combination (Miracle with capped luck + Counter) that could make it a pain.

If you recruited him already he's stuck with it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Aww, that's really cute. I'm sure there's a lot of really adorable fanart of Fire Emblem like this. I wonder why I don't seek them out considering how I've become attached to the characters and how I jumped at the Scramble pack, lol.

I am collecting them, hahaha.

And that fan-art is fantastic for collecting three of my most loved FE:A characters in one very heart-warming situation <3

Well, only the last equipped skills for mum and dad can be inherited. Only one from each though. And DLC skills cannot be inherited.

Is there a good time to play the maps bought on the E Shops?

(the Summer Vacation thing)
Well, you can play them as much as you want, so it's up to you.

I think it's best to play them in the (US) release order, as they usually scale in difficulty. (The rewards seem to scale too.)

The Scramble packs are a bit different, since they focus on character relationships. I wanted to wait until I got all the characters to do the Scramble to maximize conversation potential, but again, it depends on your play style.

Jintor

Oh jesus fuck a bunch of dudes just spawned right behind my lines with no warning other than 'Where's my reinforcements'

God damnit. You can't plan tactically for this shit.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I always wait to play a map in a pack until I have all 3 ready to be played.

I am weird that way.

Which, by the way, gonna make the wait rather murderous for the bonds map :(

Oh jesus fuck a bunch of dudes just spawned right behind my lines with no warning other than 'Where's my reinforcements'

God damnit. You can't plan tactically for this shit.

Protip: every time an enemy character pronounce something-something-reinforcement, huddle everyone together and protect your weakest characters.

The experience of playing FE12 in Lunatic Reverse pretty much dulled me to the surprise/anger of FE13 reinforcement mechanics, hahaha.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The vacations DLC is full of lv5 monsters so you can play it pretty much whenever really, although some enemies do have a tricky skill combination (Miracle with capped luck + Counter) that could make it a pain.

If you recruited him already he's stuck with it.

Oh man. Wanted him to have miracle instead of rally magic. :(

Ah well, guess I could just make him a cleric.

Top Bottom