• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Roto13

How exactly is one supposed to level Donnel after obtaining him?

Everytime I try to do anything with him, he dies in 1 hit.

Pair him with Frederick. Have someone else weaken an enemy and then have Donnel swoop in and finish him off.

After a few levels, he'll be a god.

Pair him with Frederick. Have someone else weaken an enemy and then have Donnel swoop in and finish him off.

After a few levels, he'll be a god.

Even enemies with 3 HP manage to kill him..

Actually, even an enemy with 1 HP managed to kill him at some point due to a miss. :(

Chrom

Donnel's not supposed to get hit.

Have him pick off stragglers with the help of someone like Frederick to get him the experience he needs.

Draxal

1. Pair him up with a strong melee partner like Vaike/Frederick (preferred usage of Fred)/Kellam.

2. Forge him a weapon (a bronze lance/log) will be very cheap to forge and increase the mt of it.

3. Last hit with him while keeping him protected.

Anteo

Forge him a weapon, pair him up with a unit with high def, invest some tonics on him, give your other units weak weapons so they can attack without killing, let him deal the finishing blow. Reclass at level 10 or 15 to mercenary, watch god wake up.

CSX

Even enemies with 3 HP manage to kill him..

Actually, even an enemy with 1 HP managed to kill him at some point due to a miss. :(

Pair him with kellam. He supports with him plus thanks to Kellam being a knight, he gets big stat increases in strength and defense.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Build 2, face 4 and voice 3 for male av is perfect. He looks and sounds like he doesn't give a fuck about anything.

Also wow. Lunatic is pretty lunatic.

Draxal

I'd roll back to Mercenary then promote to Hero. Yeah, you'll probably have most of your stats capped, but Armsthrift is worth those 10 levels. And she's a better Hero than Falcon Knight IMO, but it's close. Hero has better weapon options but she can use her only -faire skill as a Falcon Knight.

And you want Sol on her either way.

There's going to be better heroes than her (Inigo/Severa especially if married off to Stahl/Lon'Qu/or Avatar), but she's going to be the best Falcon Knight (Well Severa would be better but you're wasting her). She's probably the best flier that you want to remain as a flier.

Leezard

Quick question about mission 6:

Am I supposed to kill the rogue who's all like "oh I dun wanna do this"?

Most named enemies that aren't bosses are typically recruitable.

edit: On harder difficulties, enemies should have higher stats, correct? If so, then I suppose characters you recruit from the enemy side get stronger on harder difficulties, correct? Only their base stats, of course.

Wiseblade

Quick question about mission 6:

Am I supposed to kill the rogue who's all like "oh I dun wanna do this"?

HELL NO

If there's a non-boss enemy character with a unique name/portrait (double points if they express disinterest in battle), talk to them with Chrom to recruit them.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Most named enemies that aren't bosses are typically recruitable.

edit: On harder difficulties, enemies should have higher stats, correct? If so, then I suppose characters you recruit from the enemy side get stronger on harder difficulties, correct? Only their base stats, of course.

All the characters after Cordelia (I think) have higher stats on harder difficulty modes. Not just the recruited enemies.

Leezard

Is it bad that I killed him? I already saved after finishing that battle..

You can always reclass/find another thief. There aren't that many chests/doors so you should be able to just bait the enemy thieves to open them and then kill the thieves to gain their item. There are some chest keys and door keys as well until you can find a thief.

Draxal

Tharja/Gaius in the main storyline. Some of the kids in the paralogues. The postgame paralogues recruiting is pretty different for some characters.

PK Gaming

Is it bad that I killed him? I already saved after finishing that battle..

Eventually you will get Anna in a paralogue mission (paralogue 4 I think), who's a pretty good healer / thief / attacker utility class. You can use her to open chests / doors, etc.

Literally just solo'd chapter 21 with FeMU, paired with chrom, and stocked to the brim with nosferatu. :lol

On hard too.

Most broken combination?

I feel like all tactics have gone out of the window at this point.

I remember when the importers first discovered this.

memories~

-Horizon-

I just bought this, any tips before I start? (I haven't played a FE since the first one in GBA and I don't remember anything).
The tutorial gives you some info and pointers on what to do (pairing up and stuff so I guess pay attention to those in the beginning).
Pay attention to the info they give you on the enemy (what skills and weapons and range they have etc) to make sure you're able to fight them.
Also, choose your waifu/husbando carefully...it's gonna be on the test.
;)

Kurtofan

Well, you can play them as much as you want, so it's up to you.

I think it's best to play them in the (US) release order, as they usually scale in difficulty. (The rewards seem to scale too.)

The Scramble packs are a bit different, since they focus on character relationships. I wanted to wait until I got all the characters to do the Scramble to maximize conversation potential, but again, it depends on your play style.

Thanks, but I thought you could repeat the maps as much as you wanted?

iavi

Anna is so good. She's like Lon Qu in that nobody can even manage to land a hit on her.

Too bad her only supports are the Avatar and Olivia.

Gestahl

Should I really be keeping villagers alive in side stories?

No they rarely have anything useful and a lot of them are just outright trolls like that early one where the first guy nets you a robe and the other a log and ladle.

Kill All Villagers

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I can only think of a few maps with villagers and all three give you rewards based on the number that survive.

In the first paralogue with villagers - it has three - you really only need to save one to get the main reward (seraph robe). In the other two you want to save all of them since you get pretty decent rewards per villager.

Leezard

No they rarely have anything useful and a lot of them are just outright trolls like that early one where the first guy nets you a robe and the other a log and ladle.

Kill All Villagers

They suicided for me in that side story, except for the first one. I thought I missed out on good items since I only got the robe.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Starting up my lunatic run soon. Spoilers for unit names and marriages, in case people care:

Planning marriages and stuff with Female Avatar; I suspect Vaike->Gerome-> Morgan results in the highest strength Male Morgan, but what about on the magic side? Brady? Also, how does Rightful King from either Chrom or Chrom->Inigo stack up?

Link Man

Banned
Near-endgame spoiler:

Oh wow, they actually changed the dialogue in Lucina's confrontation of the avatar if the avatar marries Chrom. I was worried, as the support conversation with Lucina was the same as with a different mother.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Near-endgame spoiler:

Oh wow, they actually changed the dialogue in Lucina's confrontation of the avatar if the avatar marries Chrom. I was worried, as the support conversation with Lucina was the same as with a different mother.

It also changes if the avatar marries her.

That was what I just played. I was heading towards the village itself before I noticed the three villagers were moving towards the enemies.

They probably are the most stupid NPCs in this game. At least the other NPCs you have to protect usually stay put.

McNum

Hm, I am so going to run out of Second Seals before I unlock the shop that sells them. Got four left, and two of those say Nowi and Donnel. Leaving Cordelia, Sumia, Lucina, Kellam, Tharja, and more to fight over the last two.

Never did figure out what to do with Lucina, anyway. Pegasus Knight? Having her benched seems like a waste...

Sumia went straight to Dark Flier. Couldn't see what else she wanted. Plenty of things in the advanced classes for her, though. And I got it wrong with Sully, she can't get Knight, only Myrmidon and Wyvern Rider. Wyvern Rider seems interesting, except she can't use her lance skills there. Myrmidon Sully...? I'm not seeing it.

Also the Risen are camping the Master Seal store. Guess I'll have to clean that one out.

Anteo

Hm, I am so going to run out of Second Seals before I unlock the shop that sells them. Got four left, and two of those say Nowi and Donnel. Leaving Cordelia, Sumia, Lucina, Kellam, Tharja, and more to fight over the last two.

Never did figure out what to do with Lucina, anyway. Pegasus Knight? Having her benched seems like a waste...

Sumia went straight to Dark Flier. Couldn't see what else she wanted. Plenty of things in the advanced classes for her, though. And I got it wrong with Sully, she can't get Knight, only Myrmidon and Wyvern Rider. Wyvern Rider seems interesting, except she can't use her lance skills there. Myrmidon Sully...? I'm not seeing it.

Also the Risen are camping the Master Seal store. Guess I'll have to clean that one out.

Just make Lucina a Great Lord, is not like you need galeforce for the main game. As a great lord she should be able to finish the game with no much help other than a pair up. Same for Chrom. Also Myrmidon Sully for astra. Then go back to whatever class she was.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yarne is awesome. He won't leave my team. What do you guys usually do with him? Leaving him as a Taguel or something else?

Reclass for skills at least, taguel isn't as good as manakete though so you might end up liking him better in another class.

I've heard he makes a good berserker, especially with a good father.

Shahadan

I changed him into his father's class (Virion), so an archer and then sniper. Never seen someone's skill reach such high numbers.

Reclass for skills at least, taguel isn't as good as manakete though so you might end up liking him better in another class.

I've heard he makes a good berserker, especially with a good father.

oh, thanks for the information. His father is the equally awesome Gregor for me, I guess I'll do something relating to that.

oh, thanks for the information. His father is the equally awesome Gregor for me, I guess I'll do something relating to that.

If you want, use two Second Seals to get him into Thief and right back out so he learns Lockpick without having to be a Thief. Bam, instant combat Thief.

Top Bottom