• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Nope his stats are the exactly same, strategy's the same too just freeze Ryoma with Elise and mop up the rest.

Nah, KO Ryoma first for extra early exp.

Set up Leo to use Heartseeker so Ryoma has a much harder time dodging, then set up Camilla and Elise to use Rose's Thorn and Lily's Poise so Xander can chip off enough of Ryoma's HP so the wimpiest of Corrins could KO Ryoma.

Chrom

Oh those guys

thanx :)

Stoneborn are also monsters in the game that you can face who have that same monster affinity as Faceless.

It's actually kind of weird. I don't think the icon conveys very well that it's for monsters because it seems explicitly designed after the Revenant/Entombed from Fire Emblem Awakening, which don't appear in Fire Emblem Fates. It's too easy for a newcomer who hadn't played Awakening before Fates to not get that right away. It feels as though the game just expects you to understand that even though the game won't even tell you now if a unity has an affinity or not like Awakening did. I hope they do something about that in the next game because it's a little inconvenient that that information isn't displayed as clearly to the player as it used to be.

NeonZ

Uhh, Gunter is not getting any supports now.
He did in chapter 2 with Jakob and Corrin, but he hasn't since 7...

Gunter has no supports in Revelation, only in Conquest.

For amiibo, do you need to retap them to the 3ds if you start a new save or play the other version?

You can hire them from the logbook, but then you'll need to pay gold and they'll start with whatever stats they have registered there, rather than from level 15. You also need to tap the Amiibo again every time you want them to take over the weapon or accessory store, otherwise they never do that, unlike standard characters (they make exclusive weapons and accessories become available for sale).

You can hire them from the logbook, but then you'll need to pay gold and they'll start with whatever stats they have registered there, rather than from level 1. You also need to tap the Amiibo again every time you want them to take over the weapon or accessory store, otherwise they never do that, unlike standard characters (they make exclusive weapons and accessories become available for sale).
Ahh thanks, guess I can't give these amiibo to my brother then lol

Finished Birthright on normal yesterday and now I'm a couple of chapters into Conquest. I think I'll go back and replay it on hard after I'm done with Revelations.

Anyway, the map designs I feel are better than Awakening's, so even though all the objectives were rout the enemy/defeat the boss it doesn't really get that boring. Ch.19 was pretty clever, I think. Ch.21 was frustrating as hell though, with the lava gimmick.

The different mission objectives in Conquest are a nice change of pace, though.

Rutger

Banned
Yeah, everything being route or defeat the boss wasn't the problem with Awakening, it was always the map designs themselves. Much of the series is seize maps, if varied objectives were a requirement for good maps there would be very few good games, haha.

It's still nice to have back, especially with chapters like Conquest 10 finally doing something interesting with the defend objective.

kewlmyc

I was wondering why it was greyed out. I though I did something wrong.

Also, is there an accessory unlocking guide? I've gotten my store fully upgraded to gold, but I'm missing some full body accessories I've seen other's post screenshots of.

Any suggestions on quality birthright characters? Also, anyone I should specifically not waste time on bc they are bad?

Also, in general for birthright, should I be leveling everyone in their starting class to 20 before worrying about anything else build/class wise?

Are any of these
home base / dragon world astral plane subsystems explained? Is there money in this world or only rubies and sapphires gems? How in the hell do I upgrade weapons or am I too early for what I am asking, please don't spoil, you can tell me to just keep playing or if there is a spoiler free guide to explain some of this I would be indebted to you.

Ponn

Banned
So is the DLC worth it or is it garbage? I beat conquest last night and about to start birthright now. With essentially 3 games its hard to rationalize needing dlc.

I finished Birthright chapter 15 last night and I have a couple questions:

Did I miss an opportunity to recruit Keaton? Is Kaze actually dead/gone for good? He was one of my favorite units.

Zebetite

Banned
I finished Birthright chapter 15 last night and I have a couple questions:

Did I miss an opportunity to recruit Keaton? Is Kaze actually dead/gone for good? He was one of my favorite units.

you get Keaton in conquest. Yes, Kaze dies if he doesn't have an A rank with Corrin

Draxal

So is the DLC worth it or is it garbage? I beat conquest last night and about to start birthright now. With essentially 3 games its hard to rationalize needing dlc.

The DLC right now is more like the second half of the Awakening DLC and not the first half (which pretty much everybody but Neonz hated).

If you didn't get the Awakening DLC ... um only buy it if you like to grind everything, as it just allows alternate classes and skills.

Could I get some confirmation on how levels and experience gain works? This promotion stuff is kind of confusing.

If I understand this correctly, regular units can go to an effective level 40; 1 through 20 in a base class plus 1 through 20 in a promoted class. The higher a unit's level, the less experience it gains. If you use a master seal on a unit before level 20, it essentially jumps straight to effective level 21, losing out on the amount of times it can level up. Using a heart/marriage/DLC seal on a unit does not affect its level in any way.

Does that all sound right?

Could I get some confirmation on how levels and experience gain works? This promotion stuff is kind of confusing.

If I understand this correctly, regular units can go to an effective level 40; 1 through 20 in a base class plus 1 through 20 in a promoted class. The higher a unit's level, the less experience it gains. If you use a master seal on a unit before level 20, it essentially jumps straight to effective level 21, losing out on the amount of times it can level up. Using a heart/marriage/DLC seal on a unit does not affect its level in any way.

Does that all sound right?

Sounds like you got it.

Thanks!

Felicia and Jakob kinda screw around with those rules, but other than that its really accurate.

Yeah, this is the part that gets really confusing. Do units that start promoted (specifically, Jakob and the Nohr royals) only get to level up to promoted 20, and then never again? Doesn't that make them really weak in the long run? What if I make them a class with 40 levels, like a Dread Fighter?

spiritfox

Thanks!

Yeah, this is the part that gets really confusing. Do units that start promoted (specifically, Jakob and the Nohr royals) only get to level up to promoted 20, and then never again? Doesn't that make them really weak in the long run? What if I make them a class with 40 levels, like a Dread Fighter?

Felicia and Jacob are special in that they're technically a non-promoted unit in a promoted class. Like with the DLC classes, they'll get to lvl 40, even if you switch their classes.

rhandino

Banned
Im bothered by the childs because they simply dont fit in the story in any way, should have used time travel again instead of the half-baked excuse.

I think im only going to bother with Kana, Shigure and his sister (the daughter of Silas) and the rest can keep living in their Deeprealms =P

silva1991

Enemy unit back up in Conquest fucking ridiculous in later chapters

I just started chapter 23 and the game already spawned 4 more units after the second/third turn? not to mention the enemy with the ballista good lord..

this is unbearable.

Effect

With the special edition can I have two saves for the different games at the same time? One for Birthright and one for Conquest? Allowing me to flip back and forth between them? Or do I have to do one first and then can do the other second?

Neol

With the special edition can I have two saves for the different games at the same time? One for Birthright and one for Conquest? Allowing me to flip back and forth between them? Or do I have to do one first and then can do the other second?

There's multiple save slots so your free to play both campaigns at the same time.

Squire

Banned

You have like six save slots and you can play all three routes concurrently if you want to.

JulianImp

Conquest 10 was a pain and I am glad to be done with it.

I just got there yesterday, and beat it today after four or five attempts. There was one run where I wiped the whole left side of the map clean (including Takumi), but I lost since that allowed units on the other side of the map to clutter up while I wasn't aware that I had to prevent enemy units from reaching any of the four green tiles (gotta blame my limited kanji vocabulary for that).

Next time I parked Elfie on the top-left with Felicia for backup, got Zero and Sylas on the right side, made Nyx blast foes with that magical artifact thing every turn (often with Aqua support so that she could do it twice and my other units could pick them off with no chance for a counterattack), all while the rest of the team clogged up the center of the map and Mozume finished things off for those sweet villager level-ups. Camilla being my first upgraded class unit was OP as hell, but I had to use her a lot to prevent random pegasi from sneaking away or ganging up on my ground units. By the way, could anyone tell me why she apparently has two attack commands?

Oh, and one more thing... is there a point in min-maxing character pairings on Normal/Classic difficulty? I don't actually care all that much about getting optimal skills or ideal stat growths on my units, and have been pairing my unit up with Mozume mostly because I like her kansai dialect (well, that and how quickly her stats go up, I guess).

Coppanuva

Beat Conquest over the weekend and decided to play Revelations after on a Casual Lunatic run. This is much easier so far, but still so fun. Chapter 6 was surprisingly tough until I found out the trick.
That dragon vein across the river gave me just enough time to kill both the bosses without getting in the range of the Royals.

Ehh Keaton.

The true debate though.
tumblr_o3fnjdeTVS1uxo3f6o1_500.jpg

Velouria all the way. Hell, my first Conquest game was essentially Velouria Emblem.

Selkie is cute too, of course. I ended up playing Birthright next to get it out of the way and just rifling through it fast even on Hard/Classic.

Dimmle

Disclaimer: I love Conquest so far, specifically for the creative, sometimes multiple objectives. That said, some maps are plagued with an element of artificial difficulty.

I don't love reinforcements that spawn within a range of the boss. There's no way to anticipate when it will happen. I don't remember these ambushes being prevalent in previous FE. As far as I'm concerned, reinforcements should be turn-based.

Disclaimer: I love Conquest so far, specifically for the creative, sometimes multiple objectives. That said, some maps are plagued with an element of artificial difficulty.

I don't love reinforcements that spawn within a range of the boss. There's no way to anticipate when it will happen. I don't remember these ambushes being prevalent in previous FE. As far as I'm concerned, reinforcements should be turn-based.

Weren't reinforcements able to act the same turn they appear in Awakening? Thank goodness they took that out.

Any suggestions on quality birthright characters? Also, anyone I should specifically not waste time on bc they are bad?

Also, in general for birthright, should I be leveling everyone in their starting class to 20 before worrying about anything else build/class wise?

Anyone got hoshido suggestions?

Top Bottom