• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Rutger

Banned
The throne bonuses for Conquest 17's boss could have been annoying, but Xander decided to land a crit and save me the trouble. I got a speedwing out of it too, I don't know how much longer I would have been able to keep the NPC alive at that point.

Throne bonuses are kind of reminding me of FE6, but I don't have the God Swordmaster to deal with them. D:
Oh well, not really a big deal.

Kyrios

Just about done with Birthright. I like the way the kids are implemented this time around. Loved the idea of the castle building, something I've been waiting for years in a Fire Emblem.

does the amount of turns it takes to beat a battle matter for anything? (other than something like re-inforcements coming after x turns in specific battles?)

Kyrios

does the amount of turns it takes to beat a battle matter for anything? (other than something like re-inforcements coming after x turns in specific battles?)

I didn't notice anything in Birthright. I remember the older ones had some battles where you had to beat the stage in X amount of turns.

CazTGG

Nope. At first, I thought faster completion meant more DVP (until I spent 100+ maxing out Mozu on Conquest 13 and still ended up getting one full DVP and them some), but it seems the only impact it has is on reinforcements, aka. extra experience.

Probably gonna not bother using Nyx after the chapter I recruit her since the general consensus is that she's not that good. Now what to do with Mozu?

laoni

I finished Birthright today, Chapters 23 and 26 had me laughing my head off for gameplay reasons.

Chapter 23

In my chapter 23, Camilla ended up being oneshot by Arthur, the NPC ally. Effie had already been shanked by some guys, so I just sat there in disbelief for a second at Arthur's smugass face.

Chapter 26

The first action I did on my first turn was to have Corrin attack Xander. She shouldn't have killed him, and I wanted to test the waters and see how it would go. Corrin then proceeds to proc Dragon Fang on both her attacks, oneshotting Xander, and finishing the chapter in a single move.

pariah164

Question: if you max a Promoted Class, then use a Heart Seal to go to the other class you didn't pick, are you screwed out of the skills you'd learn from the other class, since the level doesn't change?

NeonZ

Question: if you max a Promoted Class, then use a Heart Seal to go to the other class you didn't pick, are you screwed out of the skills you'd learn from the other class, since the level doesn't change?

You can use an Eternal Seal to raise your level cap, although those cost a lot and are only available at the level 3 staff store.

pariah164

You can use an Eternal Seal to raise your level cap, although those cost a lot and are only available at the level 3 staff store.
I have over 400,000 gold right now, it's not too much of an issue. I just realized I forgot to do it, and Oboro maxed out Spear Master.

Rainy

Banned
Chapter 23 and 24 in Birthright on Hard/Casual (There definitely was a difficulty spike right?!)

So I honestly underestimated both of these chapters. I was going through the chapters previous to this pretty easily but both of these were so annoying. Chapter 23 with Camilla's constant dragon vein spamming was terrible, especially since I had to heal at least a few people every turn. Besides that it wasn't too bad.

24 was annoying, I had thought the reinforcements would stop coming after a while but man it felt like they were never-ending. I just used my Ryouma and Kagero pairing to brute force through all the troops and kill Hans.

It seems half my troop was dead at the end of these missions :(

Hmm just finished Conquest 13. That wasn't nearly as hard as I was expecting.

Oh and as a side note I can see myself replaying Birthright and Revelations again because I'm able to grind and more easily build supports. On this Conquest run I'm really having trouble making sure I'm getting supports and EXP spread about and it is stressful.

Luigi87

Oh and as a side note I can see myself replaying Birthright and Revelations again because I'm able to grind and more easily build supports. On this Conquest run I'm really having trouble making sure I'm getting supports and EXP spread about and it is stressful.

You get a few breather chapters after ch.12.

Also if you really want to grind some supports in Conquest, try finding a low level My Castle to visit and battle in it using only the pairings you want to level up. In spite of being unable to grind EXP in Conquest, you can still get Supports up this way.

GamerSoul

Wow they added Phoenix as an alternative to Classic or Casual. Lol. Didn't think they could make it more convenient.

And one chapter into Conquest and I hate King Garon even more. Xander is a true bro. ;-;

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know what it is about this game, but I am struggling with the RNG so much more than any previous FE game. Felicia goes and dies because she misses with a 97 hit rate... TWICE. And of course she couldn't get the clutch dodge on a 73 hit attack on the enemy phase.

I don't find Conquest/Hard to be that hard when it's not pulling that kind of nonsense. Same crap as chapter 10. Slightly different crap than the multiple 1 and 3% criticals from chapter 16.

JulianImp

I don't know what it is about this game, but I am struggling with the RNG so much more than any previous FE game. Felicia goes and dies because she misses with a 97 hit rate... TWICE. And of course she couldn't get the clutch dodge on a 73 hit attack on the enemy phase.

I don't find Conquest/Hard to be that hard when it's not pulling that kind of nonsense.

It's kind of why I'm not that fond of RNG-based hit chances. Then there's the way we tend to forget most times the RNG behaves "like expected" (ie: a 75%+ attack connecting and a 60%- one missing), but the times the odds don't work out we tend to freak out (ie: 97% attack missing, or a 30% one hitting). And even with outlier cases, we tend not to be that upset (or happy) about them unless they're the decissive attack that gets one of our units killed (or kills the enemy and spares ours).

The one thing I hate the most are critical hits, since they tend to have very low numbers but still trigger enough to make me fear for my units' safety. And of course the times my units get crits they're overkill nearly all the time, or they even screw up any plans I might've had to weaken the enemy with the first attack in order to let another unit get the experience from defeating an enemy.

You are forced to put several characters in the bench, but you'll still have more than enough units to beat Hard Conquest even without grinding.

I had at least ten units at max level, and a few children units that were very close. I did my first playthrough naturally, and was able to recruit many children just by using the main chapters and paralogues.

The first playthrough is hard mostly because this game has a high learning curve. Future playthroughs on the same Hard difficulty will be cake. I'm staying away from Lunatic for the moment.

I started up Birthright yesterday, and I'll post impressions on that sometime.

PK Gaming

CcEzCPDUsAE3xkg.jpg

Source

Conquest is too hard :/ Just gonna turtle the rest of the game. Barely scraping by.

23 took multiple tries. My units arent strong enough to just fly over the gap and head towards the goal. Lost my best units in the first couple of turns trying this, so I opted to just slowly move and mow everyone down my path.

Things were good until I got to the middle ballista area where I lost like 4 units. By the end, I had 4 units left u_u

Conquest is too hard :/ Just gonna turtle the rest of the game. Barely scraping by.

23 took multiple tries. My units arent strong enough to just fly over the gap and head towards the goal. Lost my best units in the first couple of turns trying this, so I opted to just slowly move and mow everyone down my path.

Things were good until I got to the middle ballista area where I lost like 4 units. By the end, I had 4 units left u_u
At least the music was epic

Can you access all of the Birthright/Conquest paralogues in Revelation?

Revelation was gonna be the 100% file for me, so I didn't want to obsess over getting everything in the other two paths.

In Conquest 8 do I need to worry about getting the best reward, or is the exp going to help me more in the long run? I've been avoiding the game for days because I can't decide which path to take.

Hero

I feel like a chump but Conquest 8 on hard, what the hell am I supposed to do? Feels impossible to get the houses and not get murdered.

Lucentto

Banned
Just beat Conquest on Hard/Classic. Those last few chapters were extremely painful, I don't think I have the heart to do it on Lunatic. Also fuck the way they decided to design the last battle on both routes, such a pain in the ass.

SMgamer83

And that's Revelation completed.

I've finished all three campaigns.

Same. Just finished. 61:13 playtime. Enjoyed my time with the game. Took my time with revelations and got all the kids (except Jacob since I married Sakura). Had 2 level
25/45 characters.

All in all, a great game. I'm not sure I like the 3 path format. Path 2 had me sort of like "Ok I get it, I want to get to the real one now", which made it not as enjoyable. (I blazed through Conquest in 13 hours) But loved the changes like no weapon limits and the hub world.

9/10

pariah164

I'm about 45 hours in to my Birthright file. I'm on chapter 21. Most of this time has been spent support grinding. I feel like I missed out on that when it came to Awakening, so I'm almost obsessed with getting a 100% support log in Fates. It takes about 10 minutes and 7 to 8 battles to get a support to S rank, and this is just Birthright, so Conquest is gonna be interesting.

Top Bottom