• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Nice, DJKM uploaded The Blue Meanie.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974535762

37AE70FCDA32B05495F9CCBEE2B842321DF0B879

Some amazing CAW contributions in this thread alone (like Angle and Asuka). Any chance we could have a dedicated thread for NeoGAF CAWs, or at least space in the OP for them?

You know you're doing good with your CAW Workshop DLs when you're basically looking for Suzuki-gun Taka and Kanemaru and little else because you have basically the rest

PaulLFC

Some amazing CAW contributions in this thread alone (like Angle and Asuka). Any chance we could have a dedicated thread for NeoGAF CAWs, or at least space in the OP for them?
This would be good, also if anyone knows well-curated collections to subscribe to then those would be useful to list too.

I saw some criticism of a collection earlier in the thread that it was basically the first CAW of each wrestler on the workshop, and didn't check if they all had logic etc.

Together with some stuff from the manual, i think about how i can insert this into the OP. Good idea. Maybe we can make our own collection? With real good Wrestlers in it and not only the very first that appeared on the workshop, "The NeoGAF Classic" or something like this.

I'm in love with this Minoru Suzuki CAW I downloaded. He looks perfect, his moves are perfect.

I['m just killing guys with Suzuki it's freaking awesome

Blizzard

Banned
I had some nice matches with minimal lag, even one from the east coast to California. Sadly virtually every match had the bug where you control your opponent's wrestler. I have no idea how to avoid it, if there is a way.

I also messed with create-a-wrestler again. There are a million head options, but I'm sad about two things since I was trying to create a non-ring Undertaker:

1. There are very few hats, and no cowboy hats.
2. There are relatively few torso options, since everything is related to basic wrestler leotards. I want a trenchcoat darnit.

Yeah I downloaded a Neville and all he does are powerbombs and suplexes. Elbow drops from the top rope too. Need to start sifting through them properly and seeing who has proper movesets and logic.

RaginRoss

Finished a version 1.0 of my self-edit last night that i'm happy with.

5D359153378052BFB2E139B5AFF00B99FD7F7BE9

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974461971

Back in the GBA days there was a particular waist piece that looked like a Scottish flag if you used the Power stance. I've always been sad that I couldn't recreate that in the later games.

Ran 3 test sims against AJ Styles(Lost via Styles Clash), Bret Hart(CRITICAL'd by a Sharpshooter) and Okada(Lost via countout after a tombstone) and got mid 90% ratings each time so i'm happy with that. Looking forward to doing some more testing after work.

I really wish Workshop and Youtube/Twitch was around back in the day - as someone that ran a Fire Pro e-fed god knows how many hours were spent manually inputting other peoples edits into a master save, simming the matches and then typing them up for everyone to read. Thinking of how much more straightforward that would be now makes me wish I was 13 or so again :).

Looking forward to a big GAF original edit tournament at some point down the road.

Edit - Also, the lack of Scotland as a location is the absolute #1 thing that Spike need to fix before all other issues in the game.

I was reading on the reddit and apparently there's a priority bug in workshop wrestlers? Wonder if that's why some matches went on for ages without a single pin.

Silly paranoid question here but is there any threat of malware or virus infection when using the workshop? I suspect not but I always get paranoid when dealing with user created content.

RaginRoss

Silly paranoid question here but is there any threat of malware or virus infection when using the workshop? I suspect not but I always get paranoid when dealing with user created content.

Nah.

Only way to upload to it is directly from within the game itself rather than something like a file sharing website where users manually select what files to upload.

Prophane33

They need to add a mandatory logic and/or moveset checkbox for created wrestlers on the workshop. That way even if someone doesn't add it in the description there would be some way of knowing which ones actually have movesets and/or logic completed.

derFeef

I have a silly question but will the sprites stay like that or will there be an option down the line to get rid of the (what I think is) heavy filtering?

Nah.

Only way to upload to it is directly from within the game itself rather than something like a file sharing website where users manually select what files to upload.

Thanks! I figured it was something like that. Only reason I was concerned to began with stemmed from something I read regarding workshop content in Simulator which may have been bogus to begin with. People were saying something about pictures being uploaded to shady image hosting sites and never actually stored locally. Something related to allowing others without the mod to play online together. Ever since reading that my likely unjustified paranoia kicked in with any workshop content.

WeskerXXI

Not at my PC, but pretty sure you can have first fall to a finish. It's defo in mission mode.
Not at the PC either, but if I remember correctly, if you don't select "elimination", it should always be one fall to a finish.

Could not play yesterday, can't wait to get home and keep updating my roster.

Rizzi

I bought this on a whim. Not really a huge wrestling fan but the gameplay seems really, really good.
Also the tutorial kicked the shit out of me.

Blizzard

Banned
Batman is another character who would benefit from a cape. :p

Someone played Spongebob Squarepants against me online last night. That's when I realized you could create a wrestler with an invisible head, which is pretty funky.

A bunch of the menus are mislabelled in some of the logic edit screens, they don't make much sense as they are.

ss_bb63f2b3ecb3732694a4f51f7f2753abe062570e.1920x1080.jpg

I'm pretty sure this should be 'front grapple' for example

vixlar

I bought this on a whim. Not really a huge wrestling fan but the gameplay seems really, really good.
Also the tutorial kicked the shit out of me.

Tutorial is like in "mega super hard" for grapples. If you could do it, you are ready to grapple on normal play, or at least to understand why you are not winning.

shanafan

That corner grapple in Mission Mode is tough.. can't even do one. The closest I get is a big strike but I always miss that.

Rizzi

Tutorial is like in "mega super hard" for grapples. If you could do it, you are ready to grapple on normal play, or at least to understand why you are not winning.

I got them done eventually, but I was scratching my head to why the tutorial guy kept throwing me to the ground constantly. :p

Am I a Fire Pro savant or something? I did have one of the GBA games ages ago but I still only played it a fraction of the time I played the AKI games. These intro tutorials were no problem at all and I'm hardly ever losing playing on 6 or 7 at 125% speed.

MYeager

Am I a Fire Pro savant or something? I did have one of the GBA games ages ago but I still only played it a fraction of the time I played the AKI games. These intro tutorials were no problem at all and I'm hardly ever losing playing on 6 or 7 at 125% speed.

I found having played the GBA games screwed me up a lot on timing with Fire Pro Returns. For the GBA games it seems like you have to press the button right a they lock up, and in Returns and World it's like .5 after so I was always too early and it was hard to break the habit.

Grappling isn't hard in the games, but if you've never played a Fire Pro game the hardest part is getting that timing down, especially if you're use to other wrestling games. I'm betting people are either hitting the button as soon as they stat the tie up animation or waiting too long after they tie up.

Once the timing is down though it's easy.

Brandwin

Having trouble with two early missions. Win with finisher (guy who goes to Suplex City) and win with move from the rope outside the ring. How!?!?

Do I have to get critical with the suplex? No idea how to even jump from the ring to outside.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Can you remove his medal? When they introduce entrance attires it's a cool thing, but I don't want him wrestle with it.

Yeah I second this.

I've added a second outfit to him that doesn't have the medal.

I've heard that alternate outfits don't work with downloaded CAWS, so you might need to just remove the medal yourself or wait until they fix that.

Having trouble with two early missions. Win with finisher (guy who goes to Suplex City) and win with move from the rope outside the ring. How!?!?

Do I have to get critical with the suplex? No idea how to even jump from the ring to outside.

Just keep spamming your signature move (once you're able to) and going for the pin until you win.

When your opponent is outside the ring, press Y to run to opposite rope and then press or hold B to do a tope or whatever as you run back. It takes a while before your opponent stays down long enough for you to land on him, though.

You don't have to 'win" with the move, you just have to do it at some point during the match, and then win. I'm not even sure you have to win with the finisher in the former mission. (Maybe though.)

Just keep spamming your signature move (once you're able to) and going for the pin until you win.

When your opponent is outside the ring, press Y to run to opposite rope and then press or hold B to do a tope or whatever as you run back. It takes a while before your opponent stays down long enough for you to land on him, though.

You don't have to 'win" with the move, you just have to do it at some point during the match, and then win. I'm not even sure you have to win with the finisher in the former mission. (Maybe though.)
You don't even need to run at the ropes. Just stand beside the ropes. Walk towards the rope and press b. Easier on the timing.

Gurrry

FINALLY figured out how to do the Kinshasa and land Corner to Center moves. I was doing it from the northern most post and you cant do those types of moves from there. Only do it on the east and west posts.

Top Bottom