• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

I have a feeling that this game will be a massive sleeper hit with gamers that aren't familiar with the series. I also think it will have long legs in the sales department.

CookTrain

4NPWNGo.png

OH LOOOORRRDDD!!!

4NPWNGo.png

OH LOOOORRRDDD!!!

Gah we need the SRW roster, sucks we don't know exactly what their move sets would be.

It's nuts to realize they are basically still running an engine that is they made for the Super Famicom with traces of it back to the PC engine in 1989.

They actually started over from scratch and built a new engine based on the original because the original engine was a mess of code that only the series creator could reliably decipher and after 16 years was kind of held together with bubble gum and wire hangers.

is that a good or bad thing?

Striking issues aside it's arguably one of the best wrestling game engines ever so it's a good thing.

Just a wild thing

They actually started over from scratch and built a new engine based on the original, the original engine was a mess of code that only the series creator could reliably decipher and after 16 years was kind of held together with bubble gum and wire hangers.

Oh I'm sure they did. But it plays identically, down to its faults as the SNES game I grew up on.

So that's what I meant by same engine

Though that does explain why some of the old selling animations are gone.

Gurrry

Is there any way to play as the other matches in a tournament? I hate having to sit through all the others without playing. Or does have anyone have any suggestions for what mode to use when trying to do a something like an actual card.

Sidenote: I just murdered Sin Cara with a Popup Powerbomb with Kevin Owens. It was GLORIOUS.

Is there any way to play as the other matches in a tournament? I hate having to sit through all the others without playing. Or does have anyone have any suggestions for what mode to use when trying to do a something like an actual card.

Sidenote: I just murdered Sin Cara with a Popup Powerbomb with Kevin Owens. It was GLORIOUS.
No way to play other matches. If you set COM skip to "on" in the Settings, the match speedy gonzeles it

sibarraz

Banned
Do we have a curated collection with updated rosters of WWE and NJPW? or at least good collections

Or we still have to wait on those

Newbie to GAF and Fire Pro. Need some help.

I have a 120hz monitor. Vsync off Mission Mode is too fast. Vsync on is too jerky but at least playable. Either way my Xbox One controller has lag because I can only win 1 in 10 grapples. I was stuck on Mission 5 for over 2 hours until I switched to Keyboard. The timing is still super hard but at least I don't totally suck now. Matches are easier than mission mode if I turn the AI difficulty down.

I'm on Mission 6 and where you do a slam in the corner, climb the turnbuckle and hit a diving move but everytime the trainer gets up before I can hit him.

norm9

I wish more online players would play along with the theatrics. Opening taunts, rolling out of the ring, grabbing a chair but not using it, taunting, and more taunting.

Striking issues aside it's arguably one of the best wrestling game engines ever so it's a good thing.

Just a wild thing

Oh I'm sure they did. But it plays identically, down to its faults as the SNES game I grew up on.

So that's what I meant by same engine

Though that does explain why some of the old selling animations are gone.
I got ya, it's just not a situation like with Yuke's and the WWE 2K series that's probably still got bits of code from the late 90s in it.

Fire Pro fans, welcome to the dawn of a new age!

It took us over 10 years to actualize Fire Pro Wrestling World, but today it’s finally here, in Early Access!

It’s been a long journey.
I nearly gave up many times along the way.
I followed through to the end, and look where it got us.
But I wasn’t alone… you and fans like you helped push me through the rough spots.

The title is still in development but it stands for great things to come.
I’m asking you for your suggestions, for your praise and complaints to help make this the ultimate Fire Pro experience!

If you’re a fan who grew up with the series like I did, then this day is almost enough to make a grown man cry.
And if this is your first time in the ring, once you step into the squared circle, I promise you won’t want to leave.

All I can say is: Thank you! Everyone!

Tomoyuki Matsumoto
–Fire Pro Wrestling World Executive Director

Can't wait to play this. Haven't had time on my plate with work, but plan to get it soon!

hlhbk

Can someone repost the link to the 100% save file? Can we add this to the OP?

Wow lots of really great edits up! I wish you could download one massive file though with all the edits instead of one by one.

Gurrry

If someone else has a 20 count going and you step out of the ring as theyre about to get counted out, you will also be included in that DQ.

Found that out the hard way. Mission 8 is a beast.

Also - does anyone know exactly how counters work and also exactly how it determines who wins in a grapple battle?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Really not happy with any of the Kurt Angles currently on the workshop so I'm working on my own.

Here's the WIP (no moves or AI yet)

35502879120_edeaacd5e0_o.png

I miss when the Smackdown games had moves that were animated by hand, moves back then had so much more impact than the mo-cap shit ever has and IMO doesn't really work very well for wrestling.

I miss when the Smackdown games had moves that were animated by hand, moves back then had so much more impact than the mo-cap shit ever has and IMO doesn't really work very well for wrestling.

Agree

It's not just a coincidence that so many of thr most iconic and impactful lookimg moves imo came from the N64 Aki engine.

So of thosd animations still stand up to this day.

I've had so many distractions lately that I still haven't gotten a change to spend any real amount of time with the damn game. >_< Bought it like ten minutes after the Early Access went up and I've only had it running for a half hour.

Agree

It's not just a coincidence that so many of thr most iconic and impactful lookimg moves imo came from the N64 Aki engine.

Exactly, I get why they or well THQ switched but, meh.

Agree

I saw a thread on most powerful looking moves in games and immediately thought of the AKI animations.

I remember my friends cracking up when someone would get knocked out from a haymaker, headbutt or some other sick sounding and brutal looking move. The sound effect is what really sold it.

I saw a thread on most powerful looking moves in games and immediately thought of the AKI animations.

I remember my friends cracking up when someone would get knocked out from a haymaker, headbutt or some other sick sounding and brutal looking move. The sound effect is what really sold it.

No game has captured the Death Valley Driver or Brainbuster or Diamond Cutter as good as Aki.

I've been trying to work on AI and every time I make a change I feel like something ends up getting spammed, regardless of how I'm changing stuff lol

Blizzard

Banned
When the wrestlers start the punching duel thing are you supposed to mash or something? Have no idea what to do for it.
Page 27 in the Steam PDF manual says:

"A front grapple will sometimes escale into a strike contest. Both wrestlers will land a blow, then pause for a staredown. When they start to exchange blows, rapidly press the A/B/X/Y buttons.

The outcome is determined by who initiated the strike contest and who won the button-pressing contest.

If a wrestler is tired, they will unleash a powerful blow after their victory pose."

I'm not sure exactly what causes the contest to start unless it's just certain moves that always do it.

in a tag match, how do you grab a person from the outside.
Also on page 27, it says it should be RB + directional pad/left stick to "grab the opponent inside the ring while standing on the apron".

If you're using other controls, RB is the 3D walk button.

I'm about to start streaming again, missions 21-25 or so tonight and maybe some online: https://www.twitch.tv/agentbliz (no ad revenue, just a basic stream)

I love that once you critical a guy that status stays on them forever.

I also like that it takes time for the ref to check on the critical'd wrestler allowing you to keep assaulting him if you want.

I won a match once buy criticaling a guy and then beating him up some more so that the ref couldn;t check on him and I tossed him around so much that he eventually fell out of the ring and since the ref couldn't check on him to call for the KO win he just counted to 20 while the guy laid dead and I won that way

I love that once you critical a guy that status stays on them forever.

I also like that it takes time for the ref to check on the critical'd wrestler allowing you to keep assaulting him if you want.

I won a match once buy criticaling a guy and then beating him up some more to the point where he fell out of the ring and the ref couldn't check on him to call for the KO win so he just counted to 20 while the guy laid dead and I won that way

This is the best part of these games. I spent like an hour beating on a guy after I criticaled him once&#128513;

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Really not happy with any of the Kurt Angles currently on the workshop so I'm working on my own.

Here's the WIP (no moves or AI yet)

35502879120_edeaacd5e0_o.png

If anyone wants him I've finished up the moveset and added his AI.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974636611

So you cannot edit a wrestler you download, correct? You have to use the copy that wrestler and then edit the copy.

It has to work like this or else your changes would get overwritten every time the author updated the workshop version.

Top Bottom