• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

MYeager

Having trouble with two early missions. Win with finisher (guy who goes to Suplex City) and win with move from the rope outside the ring. How!?!?

Do I have to get critical with the suplex? No idea how to even jump from the ring to outside.

You just need to do those moves and win the match, not win the match with those specific move. The text is misleading.

Gurrry

Any guesses as to when the first major content patch might hit?

Id love for some QOL changes, an actual promotion mode where I can make cards and go into PPVs, and other things like MP3 support and logo creators.

I doubt its any time soon. But these are some of my biggest wants right now.

A bunch of the menus are mislabelled in some of the logic edit screens, they don't make much sense as they are.

I think most of it's easy enough to work around though they need to fix some of the main sliders. For example the Discretion statistic does the opposite of what it says you need a high value to focus on damage. I set it to 5% and my Nikki Cross constantly went for pinfalls.

Having trouble with two early missions. Win with finisher (guy who goes to Suplex City) and win with move from the rope outside the ring. How!?!?

Do I have to get critical with the suplex? No idea how to even jump from the ring to outside.

Just an FYI because I forgot myself after all these years. F means Favorite move, not Finisher. S moves are finishers.

T.A.L

I've finally hit the last five missions and I'm struggling. I have no clue how to get a good match out of these guys and they want a 90 and 100 match rating respectively. I've come this far I'll keep pushing.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I've finally hit the last five missions and I'm struggling. I have no clue how to get a good match out of these guys and they want a 90 and 100 match rating respectively. I've come this far I'll keep pushing.

I've found that getting high match ratings is easiest when the matches go long, so keep beating your opponent down but don't go for submissions (as they can instant tap when they've taken enough damage) and cancel your own pins at 2 by hitting A and just keep the match going.

SHarris78

I'm on the mission where you have to win using a finisher but don't know when you can even do it!

I thought I had done it (my guy sort of rushed the opponent, mounted him and punched him over and over till the ref stopped the match) , but that wasn't it!

Brandwin

Just keep spamming your signature move (once you're able to) and going for the pin until you win.
Is it the signature move or a finsisher?I'm thinking signature since there is only one of those. But swore it said finisher.

Edit: Nevermind. I see others answered. Thanks!

Am I a Fire Pro savant or something? I did have one of the GBA games ages ago but I still only played it a fraction of the time I played the AKI games. These intro tutorials were no problem at all and I'm hardly ever losing playing on 6 or 7 at 125% speed.
That sounds a lot easier.

Thanks everyone.

Sinatar

I'm on the mission where you have to win using a finisher but don't know when you can even do it!

I thought I had done it (my guy sort of rushed the opponent, mounted him and punched him over and over till the ref stopped the match) , but that wasn't it!

Open up the move list and do the move with an S beside it.

PrimeBeef

Is there a tutorial on setting up logic? Started looking at creation and that was a bit too much to tackle on my first go around.

I've always had an idea of making RPG out of my work, or gamer stereotypes with the said individuals as enemies and bosses. This seems like a better way to implement my idea.

MYeager

90% matches aren't too difficult, it appears they're mostly using the Showman Style of GBA games though I'm not 100% on that. Throw your opponent out of the ring and do a taunt, make it so the match isn't completely one sided, hit A to cancel your pin attempts at 2.9, Do a dive, hit a signature/taunt/finisher and pin. In the GBA games blood sometimes helped depending on the style.

Is there a tutorial on setting up logic? Started looking at creation and that was a bit too much to tackle on my first go around.

I've always had an idea of making RPG out of my work, or gamer stereotypes with the said individuals as enemies and bosses. This seems like a better way to implement my idea.
I started messing with logic yesterday and was pretty happy with the results

Honestly I'd recommend just messing with it. See what your character does in ring, what you'd like them to do less of (or not at all), and what you'd like them to do more of. Keep messing with it and simming matches, usually it's pretty easy to tell if something ends up being too high

My understanding is it's how frequently your character will do moves in specific situations, as far as damage goes. Like likelihood of using it when enemy is hurt a little/will be hurt a little, likelihood of using when enemy is hurt a lot/will be hurt a lot

There's also a lot of stuff that seems like poor translation or just mislabeled, so right now just pay attention to the moves listed vs. the scenarios

Some quick insight into my process for Asuka:
I designed her moveset largely to be about specific moves that I thought really fit her (particularly signature/favorites) and had filler moves that worked but weren't the focus. I noticed she was favoring filler moves over signatures, so I tweaked it. Then I found certain moves were getting spammed to a ridiculous degree, so I kept trying to balance it out so she'd favor them but wouldn't overdo it (which is a real pain at times, especially since the AI isn't going to always act the same every match you sim). I really like her running dropkick to the face of a downed opponent, but when I made it common she would run constantly and stop when they got up. Where I've balanced it now she does it fairly often but it usually ends up being a combo following up a move and it looks awesome, looks like a real chain of events in a match.

I'll probably still tweak it but I think the goal is to minimize scenarios that just don't fit what you're going for. Like I got sick of seeing her go to the top rope constantly so I made it a super rare thing, an elbow drop once in a while works alright

T.A.L

90% matches aren't too difficult, it appears they're mostly using the Showman Style of GBA games though I'm not 100% on that. Throw your opponent out of the ring and do a taunt, make it so the match isn't completely one sided, hit A to cancel your pin attempts at 2.9, Do a dive, hit a signature/taunt/finisher and pin. In the GBA games blood sometimes helped depending on the style.

I knew it had to be more to it. I just had a 41 minute match and only got 84 , I got the 90, getting 100 is going to be impossible

I've gotten one 100% match and it was great. I keep accidentally making people submit early now though. I need to stop using submissions

These seem useful.

Priority Logic
I understand his frustration, but this is wrong. Not even taking the whole thing of Priority Logic being bugged for all Workshop Edits, the way he speaks makes it sound as if altering the Priority %s will change how often the move itself is done. However, the Priority Logic %s are simply for how often the follow-up is done after the move selected. Ex: With Rainmaker -> Pin the % will affect how often he will pin after the Rainmaker, but it has absolutely no effect on how often he actually hits the Rainmaker (that's in it's own area, of course).

Sinatar

Wonder if they'll fix the priority and attire workshop bugs soon. They're annoying.

I hope so. I put a lot of damn time into the AI of my edits and it bugs the crap out of me to think that the folks who downloaded them aren't having them behave properly.

manfestival

Are there any mods that make this game look good? It's so incredibly hideous but the gameplay looks fantastic. I can't get over the looks :(

Love the gameplay so far from the missions, but i have a very dumb question. How the hell do I add myself in exhibition matches!? I can only get cpu vs cpu.

Sinatar

Love the gameplay so far from the missions, but i have a very dumb question. How the hell do I add myself in exhibition matches!? I can only get cpu vs cpu.

Move the cursor over to the "CP" logo next to the wrestlers name and hit A, switch it to player.

Bought this a little bit ago. Was a huge fan of Returns and I'm loving this installment. I have one problem, I'm using my Dual Shock 4 on my PC, with the DS4Tool. The menu selections are super sensitive. I barely press down and it skips past 1 or 2 options. It's been kind of a pain setting up matches. Does anyone else have this problem?

Foffy

Banned
Here's hoping the patch fixes the Workshop issues with AI/Logic and attires.

If they get that fixed in the first week of this soft launch, I imagine they're really damn serious in terms of focusing on feedback and suggestions.

Added my Devil Masami edit to the workshop;

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=975215294

nxuWjqi.gif

The move-set's mostly there and I've started on the logic, but I'm still tweaking it. Will work on other costumes later, Masami had quite a variety over her career but the late 80's, 90's purple and silver is my favourite.

Sinatar

Bought this a little bit ago. Was a huge fan of Returns and I'm loving this installment. I have one problem, I'm using my Dual Shock 4 on my PC, with the DS4Tool. The menu selections are super sensitive. I barely press down and it skips past 1 or 2 options. It's been kind of a pain setting up matches. Does anyone else have this problem?

That's odd, most people I've talked to have the opposite problem where the menus are super sluggish on a pad. They work fine using keyboard however.

That's odd, most people I've talked to have the opposite problem where the menus are super sluggish on a pad. They work fine using keyboard however.
I turned off the DS4Tool and just started the game with the Dual Shock plugged in, it works just fine now. I guess DS4Tool was causing the problem.

I have this problem with a DS4 too. My XBO controller doesnt work in game but works in the menus. The only controller that works for me is 360.

Ok, just bought the game this evening and had my first match...

Won it in about 11 minutes. Two guys, who just hit each other with everything but the kitchen sink. Still need to learn the controlls but i absolutely love it. I was going to make an bar top arcade cabinet, with steam games, and this is going to be the feature presentation (along with babe ass babes, shank 2, and some other games i bought)

Is there any big list of the major things people want fixed and improved? I want to get this game, but knowing little about it or the developer, I am wary of how far they're willing to go to adjust it, or if they have the resources to do so.

OmegaX06

I play it just fine without the DS4tool.

EDIT: nevermind, I see you figured that out.

Blizzard

Banned
Patch is up:

Version 0.9001 was published today.
Please refer to the patch notes below.
We have been watching the forums and are working to address the issues reported.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to make improvements through Early Access.

Please direct all comments related to the patch to this forum thread so that we may better track your feedback.

[ONLINE MODE]
Fixed room search issue that was preventing matches from being found.
Fixed issue where the game would freeze at a black screen when starting a match.
Fixed bandwidth issue where you would switch control with opponent's wrestler.
Fixed issue preventing you from selecting alternative costumes.

[WORKSHOP]
Fixed issue that prevented multiple costumes from uploading to Workshop.
(Please re-upload any edit wrestlers with multiple costumes. Users subscribed to this item will then receive automatic updates.)
Fixed issue causing CPU logic settings to reset.
Fixed issue preventing a thumbnail from being created when uploading an edit.

[OFFLINE MENU]
Fixed issue allowing you to use retired wrestlers.
Fixed issue with belt icons displaying improperly in View Title menu.
Fixed wrestler name display in league mode.

[EDIT MODE]
Fixed issue that caused a different wrestler to be deleted if you tried to delete an editing without saving first.
Fixed issue on PS4 controller causing color picker to get stuck moving up.
Fixed issue in Moveset menu where ”Not used" text was not displaying.
Fixed issue allowing you to use more edit points than the set limit. If you have a wrestler that exceeds the point maximum, their parameters will be reset.
Improved response speed of percentage select window in CPU Logic menu.

[MATCHES]
Fixed issue preventing you from taunting/performing on corner post.
(If your wrestler was set to have a corner post performance, this issue also prevented them from using diving moves.)
Fixed issue where wrestlers were tiring too easily.
Fixed CPU logic issue that prevented CPU wrestlers from using irish whip and corner-to-center attacks.
Fixed CPU logic issue where ”Grapple > Med Dmg" priorities were not being taken into consideration.

Top Bottom